PDA

View Full Version : Swedes are the most Nordic people in Europe

HELLBANIAN
08-31-2018, 01:42 PM
Also one of the most homogenous. If we don't count the recent migrations and whatever mixing has occurred.

I was reading the chapter about Swedes from Coon,

The Iron Age invaders, the linguistic ancestors of the modern Scandinavians, again chose Sweden as their especial sphere of colonization, and settled here in greater numbers than in Denmark or in Norway. Sweden became a great breeding ground for Nordic peoples, chief worshippers of Odin and of Frey, and after less than a thousand years, the country became so crowded with them that overpopulation, coupled with the onset of an adverse climate, forced a huge mass exodus southward.

In comparison with most European countries, Sweden has, in post-Iron Age times, been subjected to remarkably few foreign influences which would affect her racial composition. Despite the absorptions and immigrations noted above, Sweden remains one of the most homogeneous nations in Europe both in race and in pedigree.

The same basic Hallstatt Nordic type which found such a favorable breeding ground in Sweden during the Iron Age is still the predominant race in that kingdom. It has absorbed into its ethnic body both older and newer peoples, and has spread the resultant blend with remarkable evenness over the surface of the nation. On the whole, Sweden is the most Nordic nation in Europe in the Iron Age sense, and it is much more Nordic than Norway.

At the same time, owing to geographical factors again, the valleys of southeastern Norway contain as unaltered an Iron Age Nordic population as any in Sweden. The metrical characters of the recruit material for the entire Swedish nation are very similar, in fact, to those of the southeastern Norwegians.5

According to theAnthropologia Suecica, 52 per cent of Swedes had ash-blond hair, and 23 per cent golden. Thus the proportions of these two classes of blondism are reversed in comparison to Norway. The two countries are about equal in amount of dark hair shades, but, by and large, Norway would seem to be lighter haired than Sweden,60if we may rely upon a comparison based on a correlation of two scales. In any case, the most numerous category is a medium to light brown, with extreme blonds in the minority. Regional differences, though slight, are suggestive. Götaland, the Goth country, as southern and southwestern Sweden was anciently designated, is lighter than Svealand, or central Sweden; Norrland, the north country, is in turn the darkest. The most red hair is found in the west and south, and the least in the east, toward Finland.

The Swedish material, and especially the correlations, confirms the opinion formed in Norway, that the Nordic race as such is not and was never wholly blond

Tooting Carmen
08-31-2018, 01:49 PM
Quelle surprise!

AphroditeWorshiper
08-31-2018, 01:57 PM
No

They have high admixture with Finnic/EHG Sámi people

the most Nordic are probably Danes

Kukushka
08-31-2018, 02:03 PM
Yes ethnic swedes are pretty homogenous in looks, thats why darker ones are said to have walloon or saami ancestry, althought I believe it may be false claim lol.

HELLBANIAN
08-31-2018, 02:10 PM
No

You surely must know better than Carleton Coon who studied them or such as someone as myself who lived and still lives in South Eastern Norway and travelled into Sweden. From your computer in Brazil it makes you an expert.

They do have some minor Sami blood but it isn't that high and usually comes with being Alpine.

So many anthrotards around these forums... like that dude who claimed Swedish people are Baltids lmfao.

HELLBANIAN
08-31-2018, 02:15 PM
Yes ethnic swedes are pretty homogenous in looks, thats why darker ones are said to have walloon or saami ancestry, althought I believe it may be false claim lol.

Homogeneity isn't just based on pigmentation. It defines various other physical racial characteristics too. There are darker Nordics. For example Albanians are less racially homogenous because we have Alpines, Dinarics, Meds, Borrebies, Nordics etc. While Sweden is strictly and largely Nordic. And this is not counting pigmentational differences or regional differences in phenotype.

In each country there are also regional variances in phenotype probably.

IncelSlayer
08-31-2018, 02:16 PM
Nop, most common swede has a piggoid look from boreby mixed with other elements including nordid, halstatt/iron age or any kind of nordics are obviously not the predominant element
Just look, fit perfectly the stereotype that scandinavs have a piggish look that everybody knows.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2jTI8leLFt4/ToOHXvuS39I/AAAAAAAAAZo/63-8jUXrf1k/s1600/group2.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f4/a1/25/f4a12524108fc1d44ef3577d0472ead4.jpg

HELLBANIAN
08-31-2018, 02:17 PM
Denmark is not more Nordic btw. It is home to a lot of Borrebies. I also visited Denmark not too long ago.

HELLBANIAN
08-31-2018, 02:19 PM
Nop, most common swede has a piggoid look from boreby, halstatt/iron age or any kind of nordics are obviously not the predominant element
Just look, fit perfectly the stereotype that scandinavs have a piggish look that everybody knows.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2jTI8leLFt4/ToOHXvuS39I/AAAAAAAAAZo/63-8jUXrf1k/s1600/group2.jpg

These people are Nordic. Exactly as Coon says.

People here think they are experts just by looking at pictures. What you are looking at are Nordics. Piggish look means nothing, in this case.

Norb
08-31-2018, 02:19 PM
Homogeneity isn't just based on pigmentation. It defines various other physical racial characteristics too. There are darker Nordics. For example Albanians are less racially homogenous because we have Alpines, Dinarics, Meds, Borrebies, Nordics etc. While Sweden is strictly and largely Nordic. And this is not counting pigmentational differences or regional differences in phenotype.

what do you classify me as? https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?238891-Classify-my-admix-and-influence-Have-I-got-Mediterranean

Kukushka
08-31-2018, 02:22 PM

Darker swedes are rare. If we look at celebrities, almost all the ”exotic” ones have some other anvestry as well. Norweigans have more, probably due to celtic influence.

AphroditeWorshiper
08-31-2018, 02:25 PM

You surely must know better than Carleton Coon who studied them or such as someone as myself who lived and still lives in South Eastern Norway and travelled into Sweden. From your computer in Brazil it makes you an expert.

They do have some minor Sami blood but it isn't that high and usually comes with being Alpine.

So many anthrotards around these forums... like that dude who claimed Swedish people are Baltids lmfao.

to be honest, I don't give a fuck to Coon, he was from a Old anthropology based on Pseudoscience

it's just my opinion, genetics from nowadays it's more important

AphroditeWorshiper
08-31-2018, 02:27 PM
Denmark is not more Nordic btw. It is home to a lot of Borrebies. I also visited Denmark not too long ago.

But " Borrebies" don't exists lol

it's just a bunch of people with similar cranial and traits similar

they don't are CM, CMs don't exists anymore

IncelSlayer
08-31-2018, 02:27 PM
These people are Nordic. Exactly as Coon says.

People here think they are experts just by looking at pictures. What you are looking at are Nordics. Piggish look means nothing, in this case.

Nop, they got wide bulbous skulls and features which are opposite of indo-europeans, nothing Iron Age nordic about large majority of them Coon didnt measure these people but many decades ago so its not an argument, there exist nordics in other parts of Europe and they dont have these piggish look, and the reason is simple: indo european race didnt evolve in scandinavia but on ukrainean and russian steppes.

Norb
08-31-2018, 02:29 PM

is that at me? If so - I said that it was Swedish girls that have high amounts of Baltic

IncelSlayer
08-31-2018, 02:30 PM
But " Borrebies" don't exists lol

it's just a bunch of people with similar cranial and traits similar

they don't are CM, CMs don't exists anymore

you are right partially, CM are nothing but european hunter gatherers, as indo-europeans come from eastern HG and neolitic "farmers" from anatolian HG and are part of the larger homo sapiens sapiens race thats hundreds of thousands of years old, borreby is nothing but a northern adaptation of that european HG to climate which are the reason for those piggish features.

renaissance12
08-31-2018, 02:36 PM
https://sites.google.com/site/ikukadellaterzab/_/rsrc/1328637504088/pippi-calzelunghe/pippigiovane1.jpg

HELLBANIAN
08-31-2018, 02:44 PM
what do you classify me as? https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?238891-Classify-my-admix-and-influence-Have-I-got-Mediterranean

Kelto Nordid probably.

HELLBANIAN
08-31-2018, 02:50 PM
to be honest, I don't give a fuck to Coon, he was from a Old anthropology based on Pseudoscience

it's just my opinion, genetics from nowadays it's more important

People in this forum spread pseudoscience. I rather trust Coon. Genetics show Steppe peaks in Norwegians and Swedes, also. There is also skeletal evidence that Nordic people settled largely in Sweden and Eastern Norway and it's people living there are it's descendants.

Denmark is not more Nordic than Sweden or Eastern Norway.

Eastern Norway is one of the most Nordic areas in Europe.

Yes , there is such thing as Borreby. .

There's no such thing as many of the pseudo classifications used by many members here, rather.

HELLBANIAN
08-31-2018, 02:57 PM
Nop, they got wide bulbous skulls and features which are opposite of indo-europeans, nothing Iron Age nordic about large majority of them Coon didnt measure these people but many decades ago so its not an argument, there exist nordics in other parts of Europe and they dont have these piggish look, and the reason is simple: indo european race didnt evolve in scandinavia but on ukrainean and russian steppes.

Iron Age people largely settled in Scandinavia. You are right they didn't evolve there.

The people are not Borrebies. They are not too large bodied or stocky to be Borrebies for example. You haven't measured their skulls but they are in no way wide enough to be a Borreby. There aren't many Borrebies in Sweden, I can tell you. It's mostly a Nordic area.

And he did measure Swedes back then, I cannot possibly see what has changed

The mean head length of Swedish recruits is 193.8 mm., and the breadth 152.3 mm., yielding a cephalic index of 77.7. The longest heads, with regional means running up to 195 mm., are found in the west, over against Norway, and the shortest in the north. The lowest cephalic index mean is 76.7, and the highest, concentrated in the north, are all below 80. The three principal breadth diameters of the face, minimum frontal, bizygomatic, and bigonial, have national means of 104.6 mm., 136.0 mm., and 103.4 mm., respectively, all of which are typically Nordic and comparable to those of the eastern valley Norwegians. Slight regional differences place the narrowest foreheads and faces in the western counties, and the broadest in the north and south. The total face height of 126.6 mm. is again a typically Nordic mean, comparable to that obtained by Bryn in his later work on the Eastern Valley people.58While the narrowest faces are found in western Sweden, as is to be expected, the longest are typical of farmers in the north, where the Corded element may be slightly more prevalent. The Swedes are typically leptorrhine,59and the commonest nasal profile form is straight. Concave noses, which reach the rather high figure of 28 per cent in the kingdom, are commonest in the north and least frequent in the south.

http://media.ufc.tv/fighter_images/Alexander_Gustafsson/GUSTAFSSON_ALEXANDER_stockholm.png

Maintenance
08-31-2018, 03:04 PM
Darker swedes are rare. If we look at celebrities, almost all the ”exotic” ones have some other anvestry as well. Norweigans have more, probably due to celtic influence.

Cubbie on this forum got like 100% swede, his dad was confused for being arab in his 30's

IncelSlayer
08-31-2018, 03:05 PM
Iron Age people largely settled in Scandinavia. You are right they didn't evolve there.

The people are not Borrebies. They are not too large bodied or stocky to be Borrebies for example. You haven't measured their skulls but they are in no way wide enough to be a Borreby. There aren't many Borrebies in Sweden, I can tell you. It's mostly a Nordic area.

And he did measure Swedes back then, I cannot possibly see what has changed

http://media.ufc.tv/fighter_images/Alexander_Gustafsson/GUSTAFSSON_ALEXANDER_stockholm.png

Skull size is largely UNIMPORTANT, Coon said most romanians are meds,dinarids and alpine is central euro however if he came to Romania nowadays he'd see most romanians are round headed puffy neotenous people in both head and body , same thing happend in Scandinavs and why those borrebies are no longer big headed or large bodied, its a recent process, same as the process that gave scandinavs those piggish features.Sooner or later if nothing changes we will all end up looking like girls like those japanese kpop singers.

Norb
08-31-2018, 03:09 PM
Skull size is largely UNIMPORTANT, Coon said most romanians are meds,dinarids and alpine is central euro however if he came to Romania nowadays he'd see most romanians are round headed puffy neotenous people in both head and body , same thing happend in Scandinavs and why those borrebies are no longer big headed or large bodied, its a recent process, same as the process that gave scandinavs those piggish features.

If skull size is unimportant, what is important?

IncelSlayer
08-31-2018, 03:19 PM

the features, you can't be nordid with pig nose,bulbous forehead,compressed head..skull size is a factor tho because theres something that changed the skull, like dinarid.

renaissance12
08-31-2018, 03:26 PM

Me Me Me !.... The cock ?

nittionia
01-21-2019, 10:18 PM
This is the Swedish percent for my parents and I... It's right I guess because we're all about the same amount, but the lower scores have Finnish as well which make it more even.

https://i.imgur.com/y2Zfsmq.png

https://i.imgur.com/Mfi9IBU.png

https://i.imgur.com/ECUizZa.png

I think a lot of full Swedes get like 60% or so on 23andme.

rein
01-21-2019, 10:21 PM
Cubbie on this forum got like 100% swede, his dad was confused for being arab in his 30's

That’s impossible.

Livin
01-21-2019, 10:27 PM
Υoung swedes that coming in Greece for vacation are definetly Dolichocephalic,with lean bodies and leptorihne noses.I dont know about the elder people,but the young people are defiently Nordic.Some cromanoids inclunding like borreby or dalofailish.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
01-21-2019, 10:31 PM
Danes are more Germanic though.

Maintenance
01-22-2019, 04:38 PM
That’s impossible.

Its not.

rein
01-22-2019, 04:42 PM
Its not.

Anyways, I wouldn’t know since I never seen how he looks. Probably just dark haired.

AmazingHazén
02-22-2019, 10:55 PM
Anyways, I wouldn’t know since I never seen how he looks. Probably just dark haired.

If Sweden has the most Nordid people in Europe then that must mean Nordids are virtually nonexistent outside of its borders. Judging from my experience having lived 5 years in Norway and 20 years in Sweden, the idealized "Nordic Hallstatt" stereotype comprises no more than maybe 3% of the ethnic Swedish population (and that's being extremely generous).

The-Gothic-Wizard
03-11-2019, 10:33 PM
I'm from Sweden and can trace my ancestors back hundreds of years but I have many very dark haired relatives who look more like I guess perhaps central Europeans or sort of French than typical Scandinavians. There was some haplogroup in my mothers DNA-test that indicated something Mediterranean, I think it could be something brought up with the Romans, to northern Europe or to Britain. However our ancestry is still mainly Scandinavian so that shouldn't be the reason they have black hair. Probably more from some dark haired Celts if anything.

The broad facial features with a bit of a piggish nose that some have I would say are very Scandinavian though. I'm from south-west Sweden which is not really mixed with the Sami or Finns at all. Yet those features aren't rare here so it can't really be some Baltic thing. I would say us Scandinavians are some of the Europeans with the shortest noses. Actually I think every other nation of white people have bigger noses. So some of us end up have almost no nose at all.

South-western Sweden and Eastern Norway is where the Scandinavian haplogroup I1 is concentrated too so the way we look should represent the native Scandinavian look as much as is possible. It would be interesting to see one of those merges of only faces from that area.

https://cache.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup_I1.gif

CommonSense
03-11-2019, 10:42 PM
I'm from Sweden and can trace my ancestors back hundreds of years but I have many very dark haired relatives who look more like I guess perhaps central Europeans or sort of French than typical Scandinavians. There was some haplogroup in my mothers DNA-test that indicated something Mediterranean, I think it could be something brought up with the Romans, to northern Europe or to Britain. However our ancestry is still mainly Scandinavian so that shouldn't be the reason they have black hair. Probably more from some dark haired Celts if anything.

The broad facial features with a bit of a piggish nose that some have I would say are very Scandinavian though. I'm from south-west Sweden which is not really mixed with the Sami or Finns at all. Yet those features aren't rare here so it can't really be some Baltic thing. I would say us Scandinavians are some of the Europeans with the shortest noses. Actually I think every other nation of white people have bigger noses. So some of us end up have almost no nose at all.

South-western Sweden and Eastern Norway is where the Scandinavian haplogroup I1 is concentrated too so the way we look should represent the native Scandinavian look as much as is possible. It would be interesting to see one of those merges of only faces from that area.

https://cache.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup_I1.gif

That's common in northeastern Europe because of elevated levels of western hunter-gatherer ancestry.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Northwest Germans look more Nordic than Swedes. Swedes lack sharp nordic noses which are so common among North Germans.

Aren
03-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Haplogroup frequencies can change very fast and drastically in areas with extremely low population density such as in Scandinavia(atleast historically speaking). The important thing is though that the three dominating Y-DNA subclades(R1b-L11, R1a-M417 and I1-M253) in Scandinavia today most likely arrived with Indo-European speakers from Denmark during the Bronze Age.
Autosomal DNA is more interesting IMO and it tells us that there are little to no difference between most Norwegians, Danes and southern Swedes(from Götaland and also Jämtland). With that in mind I hardly think there are large differences phenotypically speaking either.

Ryuk
03-11-2019, 11:05 PM
The most nordic country in world is iceland.
They are basically a mix of German nordid(by father) and Celto nordid(by mother)

djavulskpungfoster
03-20-2019, 10:51 PM
I would say that only the Swedes from the south

AmazingHazén
05-06-2019, 07:14 PM
As a Swede I can tell you that the vast majority of Swedish people don't look remotely "Nordic", in the anthrotard sense of the term at least.The stereotype of blondeness is equally fallacious. I would estimate less than a fifth of Swedish adults have a naturally blond shade of hair.

Swedes are obviously Nordic in the sense that all phenotypes native to the Nordic countries are "Nordic", but the thing is that those phenotypes are actually much more diverse than people think.

Deneb
05-06-2019, 07:45 PM
The Icelandics. I have checked all the Scandinavian football teams (only native players), and the Icelandic team is the only completely Nordic: all its players are blue-eyed and blond-haired (or at leat light brown).

GOALKEEPERS
Hannes Ţór Halldórsson
https://i.ibb.co/HGfTk0d/1-Hannes-r-Halld-rsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/RQkTV1y)
Ögmundur Kristinsson
https://i.ibb.co/GR6GNwg/1-gmundur-Kristinsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/5L0CwDq)
Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson
https://i.ibb.co/NZTzwTV/1-R-nar-Alex-R-narsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/nzPShPg)
DEFENDERS
Ari Freyr Skúlason
https://i.ibb.co/DbmMxtx/2-Ari-Freyr-Sk-lason.jpg (https://ibb.co/3sVFD7D)
Birkir Már Sćvarsson
https://i.ibb.co/zZhZByg/2birkir-Mar-Saevarsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/0rjr6gL)
Hjortur Hermannsson
https://i.ibb.co/x6ws8bZ/2-Hj-rtur-Hermannsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/Xt64kPH)
Jón Guđni Fjóluson
https://i.ibb.co/0Dfn1MG/2-J-n-Gu-ni-Fj-luson.jpg (https://ibb.co/mDHRdqc)
Kari Arnason
https://i.ibb.co/qs7sThv/2-Kari-Arnason.png (https://ibb.co/QNpNyh4)
Ragnar Sigurđsson
https://i.ibb.co/tsrWYJj/2-Ragnar-Sigur-sson.jpg (https://ibb.co/2t4fckV)
Hörđur Björgvin Magnússon
https://i.ibb.co/RgtHk5G/2s-Hordur-Magnusson2.jpg (https://ibb.co/GdGP4hf)
Sverrir Ingi Ingason
https://i.ibb.co/tY0CYyp/2-Sverrir-Ingi-Ingason.jpg (https://ibb.co/dkNKkn4)
MIDFIELDERS
Arnor Ingvi Traustason
https://i.ibb.co/L6JyM44/3-Arn-r-Ingvi-Traustason.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
Arnór Sigurđsson
https://i.ibb.co/Wfnt2Fd/3-Arn-r-Sigur-sson.jpg (https://ibb.co/CQB2HvX)
Aron Gunnarsson
https://i.ibb.co/5WCMXy6/Aron-Gunnarsson.png (https://ibb.co/JR8BW4K)
Birkir Bjarnason
https://i.ibb.co/dLrHxry/3-Birkir-Bjarnason.jpg (https://ibb.co/pRxk5xp)
Gylfi Sigurđsson
https://i.ibb.co/HCTZw61/3-Gylfi-Sigur-sson.png (https://ibb.co/f9dJ6fB)
Johann Berg Gudmundsson
https://i.ibb.co/j3KQ2ff/3-Johann-Berg-Gudmundsson.png (https://ibb.co/qmGcfjj)
Rúnar Már Sigurjónsson
https://i.ibb.co/vZGWhXT/3-R-nar-M-r-Sigurj-nsson2.jpg (https://ibb.co/gzp8d4f)
Rurik Gislason
https://i.ibb.co/JCNfvnd/3-R-rik-G-slason.jpg (https://ibb.co/cxPG6Jv)
FORWARDS
Albert Guđmundsson
https://i.ibb.co/JtPx76D/4-Albert-Gu-mundsson3.jpg (https://ibb.co/ZXCH84q)
Alfre Finnbogason
https://i.ibb.co/dLKJZbb/4-Alfre-Finnbogason.jpg (https://ibb.co/WPKpCDD)
Viđar Örn Kjartansson
https://i.ibb.co/MhB459K/4-Vi-ar-rn-Kjartansson.jpg (https://ibb.co/W3Vwps7)

One player is missing, Victor Pálsson, born in Reykjavík to an Icelandic mother and a Portuguese father.

Tooting Carmen
05-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Well aside from a substantial Polish population, Iceland has the fewest immigrants and minorities of all the Nordic countries, so that might be one explanation.

DarknessWin
05-06-2019, 08:12 PM
Nop, most common swede has a piggoid look from boreby mixed with other elements including nordid, halstatt/iron age or any kind of nordics are obviously not the predominant element

OMG they look terrible
Norwegians maybe have more Nordic people without too much Borreby barbarians

Magnolia
05-06-2019, 08:13 PM
If most people in Sweden look like those on your pictures, it is possible. Plus they are pretty.

AmazingHazén
05-06-2019, 09:16 PM
The Icelandics. I have checked all the Scandinavian football teams (only native players), and the Icelandic team is the only completely Nordic: all its players are blue-eyed and blond-haired (or at leat light brown).

GOALKEEPERS
Hannes Ţór Halldórsson
https://i.ibb.co/HGfTk0d/1-Hannes-r-Halld-rsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/RQkTV1y)
Ögmundur Kristinsson
https://i.ibb.co/GR6GNwg/1-gmundur-Kristinsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/5L0CwDq)
Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson
https://i.ibb.co/NZTzwTV/1-R-nar-Alex-R-narsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/nzPShPg)
DEFENDERS
Ari Freyr Skúlason
https://i.ibb.co/DbmMxtx/2-Ari-Freyr-Sk-lason.jpg (https://ibb.co/3sVFD7D)
Birkir Már Sćvarsson
https://i.ibb.co/zZhZByg/2birkir-Mar-Saevarsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/0rjr6gL)
Hjortur Hermannsson
https://i.ibb.co/x6ws8bZ/2-Hj-rtur-Hermannsson.jpg (https://ibb.co/Xt64kPH)
Jón Guđni Fjóluson
https://i.ibb.co/0Dfn1MG/2-J-n-Gu-ni-Fj-luson.jpg (https://ibb.co/mDHRdqc)
Kari Arnason
https://i.ibb.co/qs7sThv/2-Kari-Arnason.png (https://ibb.co/QNpNyh4)
Ragnar Sigurđsson
https://i.ibb.co/tsrWYJj/2-Ragnar-Sigur-sson.jpg (https://ibb.co/2t4fckV)
Hörđur Björgvin Magnússon
https://i.ibb.co/RgtHk5G/2s-Hordur-Magnusson2.jpg (https://ibb.co/GdGP4hf)
Sverrir Ingi Ingason
https://i.ibb.co/tY0CYyp/2-Sverrir-Ingi-Ingason.jpg (https://ibb.co/dkNKkn4)
MIDFIELDERS
Arnor Ingvi Traustason
https://i.ibb.co/L6JyM44/3-Arn-r-Ingvi-Traustason.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
Arnór Sigurđsson
https://i.ibb.co/Wfnt2Fd/3-Arn-r-Sigur-sson.jpg (https://ibb.co/CQB2HvX)
Aron Gunnarsson
https://i.ibb.co/5WCMXy6/Aron-Gunnarsson.png (https://ibb.co/JR8BW4K)
Birkir Bjarnason
https://i.ibb.co/dLrHxry/3-Birkir-Bjarnason.jpg (https://ibb.co/pRxk5xp)
Gylfi Sigurđsson
https://i.ibb.co/HCTZw61/3-Gylfi-Sigur-sson.png (https://ibb.co/f9dJ6fB)
Johann Berg Gudmundsson
https://i.ibb.co/j3KQ2ff/3-Johann-Berg-Gudmundsson.png (https://ibb.co/qmGcfjj)
Rúnar Már Sigurjónsson
https://i.ibb.co/vZGWhXT/3-R-nar-M-r-Sigurj-nsson2.jpg (https://ibb.co/gzp8d4f)
Rurik Gislason
https://i.ibb.co/JCNfvnd/3-R-rik-G-slason.jpg (https://ibb.co/cxPG6Jv)
FORWARDS
Albert Guđmundsson
https://i.ibb.co/JtPx76D/4-Albert-Gu-mundsson3.jpg (https://ibb.co/ZXCH84q)
Alfre Finnbogason
https://i.ibb.co/dLKJZbb/4-Alfre-Finnbogason.jpg (https://ibb.co/WPKpCDD)
Viđar Örn Kjartansson
https://i.ibb.co/MhB459K/4-Vi-ar-rn-Kjartansson.jpg (https://ibb.co/W3Vwps7)

One player is missing, Victor Pálsson, born in Reykjavík to an Icelandic mother and a Portuguese father.

I wouldn't be so quick to assign (phenotypical) Nordicness to the general mass of Icelanders either. When I watch Icelandic TV I see a variety of types, only a minority of which look stereotypically "Nordic". This is a harsh dose of reality which may be tough for the resident Nordicists to swallow, but the truth is that we all simply need to accept that the "Nordic" type just isn't that frequent anywhere, no matter which country you look at.

The idea of a "Nordic race" in the end seems more of an idealised archetype of male beauty arising out of a curious mixture of 19th century romanticism, medievalism and misapplied Darwinism than anything scientifically justifiable.

Although I must admit that, for whatever reason, the frequency of what people think of as "Nordic" features seem to be more frequent on professional athletes than on the general population in Sweden as well.

Deneb
05-06-2019, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to assign (phenotypical) Nordicness to Icelanders either. When I watch Icelandic TV I see a variety of types, only a minority of which look stereotypically "Nordic". This is a harsh dose of reality which may be tough for the resident Nordicists to swallow, but the truth is that we all simply need to accept that the "Nordic" type just isn't that frequent anywhere, no matter which country you look at.

The idea of a "Nordic race" in the end seems more of an idealised archetype of male beauty arising out of a curious mixture of 19th century romanticism, medievalism and misapplied Darwinism than anything scientifically justifiable.

Although I must admit that, for whatever reason, the frequency of what people think of as "Nordic" features seem to be more frequent on professional athletes than on the general population in Sweden as well.

I have never seen the Icelandic television nor have I been to Iceland, but you can't cherrypick a national team. Most of the Icelandic players look Nordic to my eyes.

AmazingHazén
05-06-2019, 09:38 PM
Yeah, but I thought it'd be pretty obvious that what I meant was that professional athletes are typically not great representative of the country as a whole. Also, a lot of those players don't look facially "Nordic" to me, regardless of pigmentation.

Note that what I mean by "Nordic" is your stereotypical Hallstatt Nordid. When I say they don't look facially "Nordic", the intention is not to claim that the phenotypes of those football players are not commonplace or atypical of the Nordic region (many of them look very Norwegian and some even Finnish to my eyes) but rather that the idea non-Nordics seem to have of what "Nordics" are supposed to look like is completely erroneous.

Deneb
05-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Well aside from a substantial Polish population, Iceland has the fewest immigrants and minorities of all the Nordic countries, so that might be one explanation.

Iceland has been an isolated country since the first vikings settlers arrived there. That's why they're the purest nordics (even if a few scottish/Irish slaves were taken there).

Bellbeaking
05-06-2019, 11:45 PM
Iceland has been an isolated country since the first vikings settlers arrived there. That's why they're the purest nordics (even if a few scottish/Irish slaves were taken there).

The scottish/irish ancestry is very large, estimated to be around 25-35% by most studies. It was a long time ago, perhaps they have strongly selected against darker traits evolutionary because they do look extremely light featured. But they also look very British to me in their features, a lot of Keltic nordid

chociprasa
07-16-2019, 01:52 PM
No

No. Danes have too much CM admixture.

Swedes and Norwegians are the most Nordic people.

WinterCrusader
07-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Also one of the most homogenous. If we don't count the recent migrations and whatever mixing has occurred.

not surprising as in my family we have 16 people and all of us are light haired(14 blond, 2 red) and eyed.

not only that we are closest relatives to the Ancient Indo-Aryans based on DNA studies.

Ülev
07-16-2019, 02:13 PM
yes, of course

Septentrion
05-23-2023, 06:47 PM

Yes, indeed. The Swedish people as a whole, are by far the most Nordic racially in the classical sense on the earth. This is not to discard, other racial type admixtures ( Borreby, East Baltic, Tronder, etc….) may be found, however these racial types do not dominate the Nordic by any means. It is also not say just because most Swedish would pass as Nordic, it doesn’t mean that they all look alike either.