PDA

View Full Version : Albanian Language / Words with incredible meaning.

Plisi
08-31-2018, 03:29 PM
Hi All,

It fascinates me how beautiful the Albanian language is and the incredible meaning behind to some of the words and sentences that we use today. I'd imagine that our grandparents / parents have a wider native vocabulary (which some may have been around for a millenia) and I think we ought to remember and use in our vocabulary or otherwise we risk in forgetting them.

Well the purpose of this thread is to see how many words we can think of in Albanian that we find it to be incredible and beautiful and seeing whether we could translate those into English.

I'll start of with...

'tungjatjeta' – may you live long (formal helo).
'mirė u pafshim' – hope to see you well next time. (formal goodbye).

Ujku
09-01-2018, 06:22 AM
Hi All,

It fascinates me how beautiful the Albanian language is and the incredible meaning behind to some of the words and sentences that we use today. I'd imagine that our grandparents / parents have a wider native vocabulary (which some may have been around for a millenia) and I think we ought to remember and use in our vocabulary or otherwise we risk in forgetting them.

Well the purpose of this thread is to see how many words we can think of in Albanian that we find it to be incredible and beautiful and seeing whether we could translate those into English.

I'll start of with...

'tungjatjeta' – may you live long (formal helo).
'mirė u pafshim' – hope to see you well next time. (formal goodbye).

I don't know where you are from bur mire u pafshim is still used to this day to say goodbye in South Albania.