PDA

View Full Version : Eichmann had regrets

hereward
04-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Adolf Eichmann, the bureaucratic mastermind of the Holocaust, regretted that he failed to exterminate all of Europe's Jews, saying "there was more we could have done", recordings have revealed.
Eichmann showed only disappointment that some survived, according to newly declassified files. Looking back on his role in organising the systematic slaughter of Jews, gypsies and other groups, he says: "We didn't do our work correctly."
Recordings of Eichmann were made in the 1950s while he was hiding in Argentina. They have come to light after the German news magazine Der Spiegel found them in 4,500 files on his case recently opened by Germany's intelligence services.
The tapes, made by a Dutch journalist who volunteered for the Waffen-SS during the war, revealed the notorious Nazi, then under the alias of Ricardo Klement, in a relaxed and candid mood as he enjoyed a few drinks in a Buenos Aires house.
During the war Eichmann had served as "transportation administrator" for the Final Solution, organising the mammoth task of sending Jews to various death camps.
In the tapes, now in the German Federal Archive in Koblenz, Eichmann boasted he "was no ordinary recipient of orders" and that he "was part of the thinking process; an idealist". The tapes contradict Eichmann's defence during his 1961 Jerusalem trial for crimes against humanity that he was following orders and was in effect only a small cog in the Nazi machine. Eichmann was found guilty and hanged in 1962.
The tapes and the documents reveal that Eichmann took few steps to hide his real identity. Although he changed his name, he mixed freely with other former Nazis in Argentina, doing little to cover up his past

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/8426813/Adolf-Eichmann-regretted-not-killing-all-Europes-Jews.html

I am sure I hear the word Nazi broadcast every hour of every day; nauseating.:smash:

Raskolnikov
04-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Yup...

Beorn
04-09-2011, 01:24 AM
The "far right" must need cutting down to size.

Oh! An article about Nazis! That'll do it, chum.

Troll's Puzzle
04-12-2011, 09:13 PM
it's a shame they didn't let him record some Frank Sinatra before executing him.

"Regrets? I've had a j00..

too many j00 to mention, ja"