Curtis24
04-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Ireland.

Sikeliot
04-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Not Irish!

Curtis24
04-05-2011, 01:48 AM
These will be my last guesses, but Scottish, English, or Welsh..

Sikeliot
04-05-2011, 01:50 AM
He's not from the British Isles, but good guesses.

exceeder
04-05-2011, 05:01 AM
he has a rather pan-european look so I think its hard to place.
My guess is German. Maybe french?

Ps cg93, I genuinely enjoy these 'guess the location' threads you post, but in the future, if you could post more angles/pictures of the person, it would be easier for us to give both a classification and guess the location (unless you are trying to throw us off ;) ), haha.

Where is this guy from anyway? :)

Sikeliot
04-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I usually take the pictures from other sites and there aren't more than one pic.

Anyway, he's Lebanese. He's atypical, so it doesn't surprise me no one guessed it.

exceeder
04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I usually take the pictures from other sites and there aren't more than one pic.

Anyway, he's Lebanese. He's atypical, so it doesn't surprise me no one guessed it.

Haha, well I guess it goes back to my argument about some levantine peoples looking european.
Are there really no more pictures for that guy/no other angles or any info on his family/religious background you could provide? :)

Rouxinol
04-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Haha, well I guess it goes back to my argument about some levantine peoples looking european.

Do you know why is that?

exceeder
04-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Do you know why is that?

A variety of reasons (in my opinion). Another user, Veleda (I think?) presented the evidence of strong trading routes and colonies within certain cities of the levant. My argument was based around the affect of other states such as the Byzantine Empire which existed in the area over a thousand years ago. It can't be a co-incidence that some 10% of the population of Lebanon is greek orthodox in faith. I also find some of them to have a rather european feature unlike most peoples of the area.
Again that is only my opinion, not some unquestionable truth. :)

Rouxinol
04-05-2011, 05:48 PM
A variety of reasons (in my opinion). Another user, Veleda (I think?) presented the evidence of strong trading routes and colonies within certain cities of the levant. My argument was based around the affect of other states such as the Byzantine Empire which existed in the area over a thousand years ago. It can't be a co-incidence that some 10% of the population of Lebanon is greek orthodox in faith. I also find some of them to have a rather european feature unlike most peoples of the area.
Again that is only my opinion, not some unquestionable truth. :)

I was thinking of the Crusades, maybe some European blood inflow there. Don't know if it makes any sense. :rolleyes2:

exceeder
04-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I was thinking of the Crusades, maybe some European blood inflow there. Don't know if it makes any sense. :rolleyes2:

Haha of course I'm sure the crusades had a strong influence in the region as well. Good call :)

Don
04-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Again with only 1 pic...