PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only Albanian here who doesn't consider Skanderbeg a national hero ?

HELLBANIAN
09-01-2018, 07:59 PM
I cannot consider a character who was a Christian , something I am not, and who killed other Albanians for their religion as a national hero. I never gave a shit about this figure. His mother was also a Serb.

I have met many Albanians like me with same mentality. People who even pissed on his statue. I would piss on it too most likely if there were no toilets nearby and I had to take a piss.

Today, a Kosovar is culturally and mentally different from this person or Albanians that lived during his time. Even the Kosovars of the 19th century that emerged during the Albanian national awakening were different.

I would choose a Muslim Albanian any time of the day, such as the Muslim priest , Samidin Xhezairi who fought in the ranks of the KLA during the Kosovo war.

https://pashtriku.beepworld.de/files/kom.hoxha1.jpg

He even recorded videos of himself in the war which you can find on YouTube

https://youtu.be/z6HBJSibkys

There were many devout Muslims that fought in the ranks of the KLA and were commanders despite the lies TA Albanians tell you.

Such as the Muslim Xhezair Shaqiri

http://www.ikvi.at/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Komandant_Hoxha_Xhezair_Shaqiri_033.jpg

I have greater respect for these people than some character of the 15th century who had no impact on my country.

Skanderbeg would not approve of their religion.

I also consider the likes of Isa Boletini , Shaban Polluzha, Ahmet Delia, Adem Jashari, Hamza Jashari, the Mehas and Azem Galica as 100 TIMES more warriors. They were more warriors considering they never received the same military training from a young age.

Skenderbeg was trained by the Ottomans from a young age. One of the best forces at that time if not the best. These people weren't.

The Jasharis were 100 TIMES more warriors

Here Shekip Fazliu describes how ''cool'' the Jasharis were when the Serb army approached their village. Only warriors can have that type of mind set. These people were fearless.

https://youtu.be/V36rtZBs7jM

These are the people that I look up to and have great respect for. And not some 15th century figure who had no impact on my country and not to mention who is irrelevant today.

People here talk about this figure like the whole Albanian identity revolves around him which is absolutely false.

Ujku
09-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Who gives a damn if he was a Christian or a muslim ??

He lead Albos to glory against the Ottomans and that's why he is considered a national hero.

Arborean
09-05-2018, 05:16 AM
Who gives a damn if he was a Christian or a muslim ??

He lead Albos to glory against the Ottomans and that's why he is considered a national hero.

He was a military genius. He definitely made some silly mistakes. I also read in the book "Tribes of Albania" that many fis betrayed him in the end. I think Arianiti who had most of the men withdrew back to the mountains, and Skanderbeg (though victorious) fought alone. He also got screwed over by Rome when they called him to the Crusade, in so doing he broke the peace treaty with the Ottomans and Rome dicked him over by leaving him to fight a Crusade all his own. If he maintained the peace treaty and did not start a lone Crusade, things may be different today. Also if the Fis that deserted him still supported him it would be different. Get the book its pretty pricey but worth it. https://www.amazon.com/Tribes-Albania-History-Society-Culture/dp/1784534013

Pausanias
09-05-2018, 06:02 AM
Only a muslim could despise a great man, leader and warrior like Skanderbeg was.

Arborean
09-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Only a muslim could despise a great man, leader and warrior like Skanderbeg was.

You all recognize him from the sidelines whilst leaving him to fight a lone crusade with no help. Europe likes to acknowledge the man when it comes to "Christendom" but when it came to actually fighting and supporting him during the Crusade, they all tucked tail and watched from the sidelines like a bunch of cheerleaders.

HELLBANIAN
09-05-2018, 06:44 PM

1. I'm not a Muslim. I'm an Albanian from Kosovo , from an area who have fought Serbs for hundred years. Yes, the area is majority Muslim but we have plenty of war heroes. I sure as hell respect Albanian Muslims like Samidin Xhezairi who fought for Albanians despite I don't agree with his religious views. The Islamophobia here by Albanians has made me respect Muslim Albanians even more.

I respect Christian Albanians that were born Christian, not the ones that converted for cultural OWD.

2. It doesn't matter how great the guy was, it's what he fought for. He didn't fight for any Albanian unity. He fought for Christendom and his father's lands. This I cannot respect.

3. He wasn't a fully Albanian. He was half Serb / Slav. All his siblings names are Slavs. They married Slavs. He even had a Serb as a secretary that would write letters in Serbian. He was Orthodox Christian. You're telling me now we Kosovars who fought Serbs should have a half breed Serb as a national hero and should consider this person more important than actual people that bled and died for my country, sacrificed their own lives ? Again , it makes no sense. It is an insult to our forefathers.

We adopted this character as a hero in the 19th century, highly mythified by Naim Frasheri who removed the Christian element of this character in order for Albanian Muslims to accept him as a national hero. He also removed the fact that the guy was a Serb or half Serb.

Albanian historians tend to agree with me. I will make a thread about this specifically.

Now let me finish this post with a great qoute from the Kosovar Albanian warrior Isa Boletini,

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.0edsikihUjz6hy7Pol_6awHaDf

Albobalboa
09-05-2018, 06:47 PM
1. I'm not a Muslim. I'm an Albanian from Kosovo , from an area who have fought Serbs for hundred years. Yes, the area is majority Muslim but we have plenty of war heroes. I sure as hell respect Albanian Muslims like Samidin Xhezairi who fought for Albanians despite I don't agree with his religious views. The Islamophobia here by Albanians has made me respect Muslim Albanians even more.

2. It doesn't matter how great the guy was, it's what he fought for. He didn't fight for any Albanian unity. He fought for Christendom and his father's lands. This I cannot respect.

3. He wasn't a fully Albanian. He was half Serb / Slav. All his siblings names are Slavs. They married Slavs. He even had a Serb as a secretary that would write letters in Serbian. He was Orthodox Christian. You're telling me now we Kosovars who fought Serbs should have a half breed Serb as a national hero and should consider this person more important than actual people that bled and died for my country, sacrificed their own lives ? Again , it makes no sense. It is an insult to our forefathers.

We adopted this character as a hero in the 19th century, highly mythified by Naim Frasheri who removed the Christian element of this character in order for Albanian Muslims to accept him as a national hero. He also removed the fact that the guy was a Serb or half Serb.

Albanian historians tend to agree with me. I will make a thread about this specifically.

Now let me finish this post with a great qoute from the Kosovar Albanian warrior Isa Boletini,

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.0edsikihUjz6hy7Pol_6awHaDf

So stupid when people try to view history from today's point of view.

These events were before the Kosovo war bro, stop crying.

If you were a muslim in his days you quite literally were a traitor. Alpha Albo muslims came later.

HELLBANIAN
09-05-2018, 07:02 PM
So stupid when people try to view history from today's point of view.

These events were before the Kosovo war bro, stop crying.

If you were a muslim in his days you quite literally were a traitor. Alpha Albo muslims came later.

Most of the people that betrayed him were not Muslims. They were Christians.

I'm not crying. I'm just telling the truth. He doesnt fit as a a national hero today. Regardless of what he did or how great he was. He cannot be considered our most important hero. At least not for Kosovars and I know plenty of Kosovars who agree. The way people here praise him more than our actual today's heroes or within the last 100 years is an insult. You totally ignored all the facts I put such as we did adopt him as a national hero in the 19th century.

Here Albanian historians on him are saying the same thing,

https://youtu.be/J4asPZDYxrE

https://youtu.be/aH1FlWN9NrQ

There was another Albanian historian whos videos I cannot find right now who put it pretty well too.

The historian Oliver Schmitt said the same thing.

This whole 'Muslim traitor' thing has created many Albanian OWDs. It was Muslims that were fighting in the Kosovo and Macedonian war.

Albobalboa
09-05-2018, 07:33 PM
No one's gonna force you to suck his dick, chill.

He's a national hero whether you like it or not, simply because of the Leage of Lezhe's actions at the time.

He doesn't have to be relevant today to be a national hero.

Weren't most Albanians pretty much illiterate like 150 years ago? So what is odd about "adopting" him? Of course a person that lived hundreds of years ago wouldn't have been relevant to the average Albanian. But when you build a national identity you look back and see where the foundations were, and Skanderbeg played a significant role in his era.

No one gives a fuck about muslim or christian, you just don't have a life.

HELLBANIAN
09-05-2018, 07:54 PM
I don't care if he's a national hero. I'm saying he isn't our most important. Albanians were under Ottoman occupation for 500 years after that. It made no difference whatsoever in the end. He played no direct role In our later history and most likely didn't share the same values. He was mythified and introduced by Naim Frasheri. In Skenderaj he isn't much important. So why exactly are we sucking his dick again in favour of people that actually have given their lives for our country when the guy had no impact ?

Nothing ODD about adopting him, I agree. Which is why we need to relearn our history. It can be emotional since you're all accustomed to sucking his dick already but you'll get there eventually.

It's no about Muslim or Christian, it's the fact the guy was obviously half Serb and fought for Christendom despite all the people that betrayed him were Christians from Venice, to Albanian tribes to Albanian noble families to even some Serbs. As for caring for religion, yes , Albos here do care. But I don't. In order to piss them off I support Albanian Muslim.

Barleti does mention how his men seemed to not be fighting for religion after all the betrayals, but that's beside the point, the guy did refer to himself as a Christian soldier and demanded all his soldiers to be Christians. And not to mention he was a half Serb who does not fit in today.

Not everybody can have a life like you, man. I am so jealous.

Pausanias
09-06-2018, 02:39 PM
You all recognize him from the sidelines whilst leaving him to fight a lone crusade with no help. Europe likes to acknowledge the man when it comes to "Christendom" but when it came to actually fighting and supporting him during the Crusade, they all tucked tail and watched from the sidelines like a bunch of cheerleaders.

Shit happens.

The same happened in the Fall of Constantinople;

Still the eyewitness of those who have seen testifies better than does the hearing of deeds that happened but yesterday or the day before." Byzantine Emperor Constantine XI swiftly understood Mehmed's true intentions and turned to Western Europe for help; but now the price of centuries of war and enmity between the eastern and western churches had to be paid. Since the mutual excommunications of 1054, the Pope in Rome was committed to establishing authority over the eastern church. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Constantinople

HERK
09-06-2018, 04:04 PM
I don't care if he's a national hero. I'm saying he isn't our most important. Albanians were under Ottoman occupation for 500 years after that. It made no difference whatsoever in the end. He played no direct role In our later history and most likely didn't share the same values. He was mythified and introduced by Naim Frasheri. In Skenderaj he isn't much important. So why exactly are we sucking his dick again in favour of people that actually have given their lives for our country when the guy had no impact ?

Nothing ODD about adopting him, I agree. Which is why we need to relearn our history. It can be emotional since you're all accustomed to sucking his dick already but you'll get there eventually.

It's no about Muslim or Christian, it's the fact the guy was obviously half Serb and fought for Christendom despite all the people that betrayed him were Christians from Venice, to Albanian tribes to Albanian noble families to even some Serbs. As for caring for religion, yes , Albos here do care. But I don't. In order to piss them off I support Albanian Muslim.

Barleti does mention how his men seemed to not be fighting for religion after all the betrayals, but that's beside the point, the guy did refer to himself as a Christian soldier and demanded all his soldiers to be Christians. And not to mention he was a half Serb who does not fit in today.

Not everybody can have a life like you, man. I am so jealous.

Go feed yourself, you look like a holocaust survivor

Geni
09-16-2018, 09:54 AM
You are not albanian....you are ex muslislavian....the typic success of the serbian experiment..

ilir
09-21-2018, 09:30 PM
ça jane kta bethqim qe shkrujne shqip, jua a qifte kina nanen e motrat. Done me pthurr edhe statujen e Skenderbeut... trimat!!!

Mattew
10-30-2018, 08:51 AM
You have to take into a count that back in the time of Skanderbeg, Albanians did not embrace islam yet so your opinion about Kastrioti killing other muslim albanian is unrealistic by default.