09-02-2018, 05:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Qelvsi_5E&feature=youtu.be

Arborean
09-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Welcome back brotendo. Lol

Arborean
09-02-2018, 05:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Qelvsi_5E&feature=youtu.be

According to the book “history of Dibra” my family took their name from the battle of Kocacenk against the Ottoman forces in Diber Madhe. The author hypothesizes that they came from Malesia Shkodres with Skanderbegs army and took their name from The battle of Kocacenk/Koxhaxhiku Kocacenk meaning “big battle”. They then settled in Tucep/Ostren.

One member of the family converted. Named Murat. With his 3 sons Aliu, Sado, and Myrto. Myrto migrated to Turkey. Sados children took the surname Sadaj. Aliu spread out to the rest of Diber. It’s all making sense as my father mentjoned we only migrated to Okshtun about 400 years ago. The ottoman defter does not mention us outside Ostren/Tucep prior to that time.

The Orthodox Koci left Tucep to Llozhan, Korce and Berat. Their names were Oliver, Progon, and Mihail. Trojet found a Sadaj in Tucep and a Koci in Berat. They are going to try and reach out to send them kits. Pretty awesome how this is all coming together. I presume my line descend from Aliu considering he was the one who carried the Muslim Koci.

Ujku
09-02-2018, 06:41 PM
It seems pretty much accurate.

Very short but its not bad.

Böri
09-02-2018, 08:39 PM
I was the first person in this forum to promote this Kings and Generals channel in Youtube (named Nurriks and Phoenix back then). The channel had 10k followers back then, now 300k. I see now Albanians closely follow it too.

I had shared the Kosovo Battle of 1389 video. That's their most watched video of that channel, close to 1 million views. I think every English speaker in Serbia watched it.

Now Albos will promote this one.

Glory to Shqip resistance btw. Great job. No surprise Scanderberg used the Turkic crescent formation tactic against Ottomans he learnt during his slavery among the Ottomans. Congratulations.

Turkic states in Anatolia were also fighting the Ottomans. Karaman, Aydın, Menteşe, Dulkadir were standing the terror too.

Kamal900
09-02-2018, 10:53 PM
Skanderbeg has the most epic beard and helmet I have ever seen.

Meerkat
09-03-2018, 05:30 PM
I have to watch this documentary. I'll come back and let you know what I thought of it.

Hulu
09-03-2018, 05:34 PM
I have to watch this documentary. I'll come back and let you know what I thought of it.

Don't bother. It's an amateur. I only heard the first sentence and heard him compare the well known Skanderbeg to some obscure slavs and stopped it right there .

Meerkat
09-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Don't bother. It's an amateur. I only heard the first sentence and heard him compare the well known Skanderbeg to some obscure slavs and stopped it right there .

Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know.

Wrong
09-03-2018, 05:51 PM
You need to watch more than 15 seconds of the video. 'Kings and Generals' makes decent videos of historical events and battles.

Don't come into my thread to tell people not to watch the video. It's up to you if you wanna watch it or not, I ain't forcing anyone.

Wrong
09-16-2018, 02:55 PM
:thumbs