PDA

View Full Version : Realtionship to parents

Teutone
09-03-2018, 07:44 PM
How would yo describe your relationship with your parents?

Teutone
09-03-2018, 07:46 PM
For me its based on respect

I see many parents today that act like friends to their children and even share activties with them that arent ment for their age.

I am glad mine never behaved that way and demanded respect and would criticize me for doing stuff the youth did instead of doing the same.

Thanas Django
09-03-2018, 07:46 PM
I am really close to them.

Bobby Martnen
09-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Okay but not great. My parents were very strict when I was under 18, and still are in some ways, and I'm resentful of that.

Chaos One
09-03-2018, 07:57 PM
For me its based on respect

I see many parents today that act like friends to their children and even share activties with them that arent ment for their age.

I am glad mine never behaved that way and demanded respect and would criticize me for doing stuff the youth did instead of doing the same.

Are you married or do live alone?

Teutone
09-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Are you married or do live alone?

Live alone

Chaos One
09-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Live alone

Hm, interesting.

I think at some point you start to see your parents more on a equal way. I mean, after the 30's mostly.

Still, respect them is always correct. Except if they are a total mess like I see all the time in Brazil.

Marinus
09-03-2018, 08:05 PM
I get on very well with them, they were very strict when I lived with them yet very nurturing and protective. It's been around 8 years since I've left home but they still like to keep a close watch on what I'm doing with my life, we own a family business also.

Teutone
09-03-2018, 08:06 PM
Hm, interesting.

I think at some point you start to see your parents more on a equal way. I mean, after the 30's mostly.

Still, respect them is always correct. Except if they are a total mess like I see all the time in Brazil.

When you are 30+ you are mostly settled and got your shit together.

I am not kidding you, there are parents in Germany that do parties with their kids or have no problems with their kids doing drugs etc

I would have never dared that in my teen or childhood days