PDA

View Full Version : Which World War II General Are You?

Smeagol
09-10-2018, 04:05 AM
https://www.gotoquiz.com/which_world_war_2_general_are_you

Smeagol
09-10-2018, 04:10 AM
Your Result: General George S. “Ol' Blood and Guts” Patton
“May God have mercy on my enemies—because I won't” Nothing less than total victory is acceptable for you. God help anybody who gets in your way, be they friend or foe. You'll bite the bullet and do your duty, but you always reserve the right to complain vociferously while you bide your time.

frankhammer
09-10-2018, 04:11 AM
Which World War 2 General Are You?
Your Result: Field Marshal Bernard “Monty” Montgomery

77%

You can hold your own in a fight, and have moments of what others might begrudgingly term “brilliance.” Your tendency to see your own brilliance in all you do can be irksome to those on your side, and can occasionally muck up the works.

74%
You are General Curtis “Bombs Away” Lemay

74%
Field Marshal Irwin “the Desert Fox” Rommel

50%
General George S. “Ol' Blood and Guts” Patton

50%
Field Marshal Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-10-2018, 05:02 AM
I don't need to take the quiz. I already know: Major General Terry de la Mesa Allen.

In preparing the 1st Infantry Division for its first encounter with the enemy, Major General Allen emphasized realistic training exercises, weapons practice, and physical conditioning in the field in place of drill and military ceremony.[8]

Allen showed up at a school for infantry officers the day before a class graduation. When the commandant of the school began to hand out certificates to the graduates, Allen lined up with them. When confronted with him, the commandant said, "I don't remember you in this class." "I'm Allen. Why don't you?" was his reply.[3] Without further ado, Allen was given the certificate and became a temporary major.[9]

Allen was assigned to the 3rd Battalion of the 358th Infantry Regiment, part of the 90th Division of the American Expeditionary Force (AEF) which he led into battle on the Western Front at St. Mihiel and Aincreville. During one battle Allen received a bullet through his jaw and mouth and, as a result of the wound, never stuttered again. He was awarded a Silver Star and a Purple Heart for his actions.

Allen's brash and informal leadership style won him much respect and loyalty from the men in his division, who wholeheartedly adopted his emphasis on aggressiveness and combat effectiveness rather than military appearances.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_de_la_Mesa_Allen_Sr.

Thorns
09-10-2018, 11:45 AM
Monty.

I'll either get Monty or Rommel depending on my mood and the situation. Sometimes reserved and methodical, sometimes impetuous and spontaneous.

As a side note, if my memory serves me correct, Rommel argued against the strategy of holding back armored reserves inland and launching counterattacks in Normandy because he had experienced western allied air power.

He wanted the armor up close and/or on the beaches knowing if the allies got a foothold then it was over. Their armor would be torn apart from the air moving up the narrow confined roads of Normandy.

Ah yes, this explains it better:

http://armchairgeneral.com/the-panzer-controversy-the-employment-of-the-panzer-divisions-in-the-defense-of-normandy-june-1944.htm

Ülev
09-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Your Result: Field Marshal Irwin “the Desert Fox” Rommel

RandomGuy20
09-10-2018, 03:12 PM
General Curtis “Bombs Away” Lemay - 85%

"You believe in giving nothing less than your very best to your enemies. That's why you will spare no expense to see that they are put out of your misery as quickly and totally as possible. You take accusations of using overkill as compliments. Peace through total annihilation of your enemies is your motto."

Roflmao
09-10-2018, 03:22 PM

84%

You're accustomed to walking the thin line of doing your duty without subscribing to the fanaticism of others. Your opponents respect your abilities, but the jealousy and suspicions of your comrades might ultimately be your undoing.

54%
Field Marshal Bernard “Monty” Montgomery

42%

40%

13%

Ülev
09-10-2018, 05:29 PM
some other Erwin Rommel here?

Armenian Bishop
10-02-2018, 08:02 PM
some other Erwin Rommel here?

Your Result: Field Marshal Irwin “the Desert Fox” Rommel - 91%. You're accustomed to walking the thin line of doing your duty without subscribing to the fanaticism of others. Your opponents respect your abilities, but the jealousy and suspicions of your comrades might ultimately be your undoing.

* 91% Rommel.

* 56% Montgomery.

* 42% Lemay.

* 17% Zukhov.

Maintenance
10-02-2018, 08:16 PM
General curtis

You believe in giving nothing less than your very best to your enemies. That's why you will spare no expense to see that they are put out of your misery as quickly and totally as possible. You take accusations of using overkill as compliments. Peace through total annihilation of your enemies is your motto

Alano
10-02-2018, 10:50 PM

84%

You're accustomed to walking the thin line of doing your duty without subscribing to the fanaticism of others. Your opponents respect your abilities, but the jealousy and suspicions of your comrades might ultimately be your undoing.

52%
Field Marshal Bernard “Monty” Montgomery

32%

30%

29%

Phenix
10-02-2018, 11:14 PM
Your Result: General George S. “Ol' Blood and Guts” Patton

91%
“May God have mercy on my enemies—because I won't” Nothing less than total victory is acceptable for you. God help anybody who gets in your way, be they friend or foe. You'll bite the bullet and do your duty, but you always reserve the right to complain vociferously while you bide your time.

83%You are General Curtis “Bombs Away” Lemay

72%Field Marshal Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

64%Field Marshal Irwin “the Desert Fox” Rommel

41%Field Marshal Bernard “Monty” Montgomery

The Lawspeaker
03-17-2019, 01:57 AM
Field Marshal Irwin "the Desert Fox"¯ Rommel
81%

Ice
03-17-2019, 02:08 AM
Your Result: Field Marshal Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

86%
You've mauled your enemies more than once, although your tendency to go "balls to the walls"¯ often gets you as good an ass-kicking as you give. A little revisionist "book-cooking"¯ never hurts in putting a more positive spin on the after-action reports either.