PDA

View Full Version : Baltid and East Baltid?

cyberlorian
09-10-2018, 10:58 PM
What is the difference between Baltid and East Baltid?

For example, East Nordid and East Mediterranid have lower cephalic index, higher vault and more aquiline features than Nordid and Mediterranid. So can we say that East Baltid have lower cephalic index, higher vault and more aquiline features than Baltid?

Tsagan
09-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Most of the East Baltids I've seen had some kinda epichantic fold and high cheekbones which makes me think they are a mixed with Lappid or something else.

Agyullámtörő
09-11-2018, 12:08 PM
East Baltid is a Finno-Ugric phenotype: Uralid + Nordid mixed.

cyberlorian
09-11-2018, 12:09 PM
East Baltid is a Finno-Ugric phenotype: Uralid + Nordid mixed.

East Nordid or Hallstatt Nordid?

I guess East Nordid?

Agyullámtörő
09-11-2018, 12:10 PM
East Nordid or Hallstatt Nordid?

I guess East Nordid?

Various Nordid types.

Veslan
09-11-2018, 12:50 PM
None. It's the exactly same phenotype, however, name East Baltic is more accurate because it was described by the non-internet anthropologists (unlike "Baltid").

Most of TA users mean Lundman's Tavastid by "Baltid" and Lundman's Savolaxid by "East Baltid", but it just relates to respectively lower and higher Lappoid influence and nothing more.

Finnish Swede
09-11-2018, 01:03 PM
None. It's the exactly same phenotype, however, name East Baltic is more accurate because it was described by the non-internet anthropologists (unlike "Baltid").

Most of TA users mean Lundman's Tavastid by "Baltid" and Lundman's Savolaxid by "East Baltid", but it just relates to respectively lower and higher Lappoid influence and nothing more.

So....you can say who is ''Savolaxid'' (4 dialect samples of Finnish)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfReKFBfu0A

Veslan
09-11-2018, 02:42 PM
So....you can say who is ''Savolaxid'' (4 dialect samples of Finnish)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfReKFBfu0A

Second and Third in my opinion.

Valwar
09-11-2018, 03:38 PM
What is the difference between Baltid and East Baltid?

This depends on the anthropology-author you prefer, it seems like on TA most people mean Lundman's Tavastid or Coon's East Baltic when they say Baltid, and mean a mongoloid influenced version of the aforementioned type when they say East Baltid.

can we say that East Baltid have lower cephalic index, higher vault and more aquiline features than Baltid?

No.

Biguá
09-11-2018, 03:58 PM
East baltid is baltid with mongoloid admix

Finnish Swede
09-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Second and Third in my opinion.

Not totally badly ... the third one.