PDA

View Full Version : Clans of Montenegro

Mikula
09-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Does exists some system of symbols, clothing, slogans etc., for the clans of Montenegro
(like for example in Scottish clans)?

Mikula
10-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Does have each Montenegrin clan its own Saint patron for Slava (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slava)?

Tschaikisten
10-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Djurdjevdan (St. George day) is characteristic for Drobnjaci, also Savindan (St. Sava) for some families in Drobnjak, but mostly for emigrants from Drobnjak.

Petkovan (St. Petka) is characteristic for Bjelopavlici, Arandjelovdan (St. Michael) is on of the most common slava's among the Serbs generally (with St. Nicholas and St. George). It's characteristic for Ozrinici, Piperi and Vasojevici for example, but also for lot of smaller clans. Nikoljdan (St. Nicholas) is slava of Kuci tribe. Lucindan (St. Luke the Evangelist) is characteristic for Niksici tribe. In some tribes some brotherhoods celebrate different slavas. That's in short.

Ogi24
10-05-2018, 09:43 PM
Djurdjevdan (St. George day) is characteristic for Drobnjaci, also Savindan (St. Sava) for some families in Drobnjak, but mostly for emigrants from Drobnjak.

Petkovan (St. Petka) is characteristic for Bjelopavlici, Arandjelovdan (St. Michael) is on of the most common slava's among the Serbs generally (with St. Nicholas and St. George). It's characteristic for Ozrinici, Piperi and Vasojevici for example, but also for lot of smaller clans. Nikoljdan (St. Nicholas) is slava of Kuci tribe. Lucindan (St. Luke the Evangelist) is characteristic for Niksici tribe. In some tribes some brotherhoods celebrate different slavas. That's in short.

Interesting. My family theire slava is Sveta Petka but we are from the Piperi tribe.

Tschaikisten
10-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Interesting. My family theire slava is Sveta Petka but we are from the Piperi tribe.

You are probably Šćekić, right?

Ogi24
10-06-2018, 07:33 AM
You are probably Šćekić, right?

I'm indeed far related to Šćekić. But I have a other surname. And that is becaus a forefather of my, killed a highly ranked Turkish Ottoman person. So he fled away and took a other surname to not be persecuted .

Pribislav
10-06-2018, 07:35 AM
Interesting is genetic of Montenegrin tribes.
Most of them have more than 1 haplogroup, usualy 2-3, and Paštrovići have even 6-7 haplogroups.

Montenegro is small country, and there is more haplogroup in Montenegro than in any European country. montenegro is diverse in paternal lines as Brazil.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-06-2018, 07:39 AM
My favorite clan is Clan MacCloud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyPWpP6w8AA