PDA

View Full Version : Monarchy of Serbia

poiuytrewq0987
04-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm wondering if there is continuity of our monarchy from White Serbia to today's Serbia? The House of Zupan is assumed to be the first royal monarchy of the Serbs which ruled in White Serbia and with the same House did they choose to migrate and integrate with the indigenous populations of much of the Balkans. I believe there would've had been greater sense of continuity unbroken if Medieval Serbia didn't fall to the Ottomans but regardless... I think we can assume that the monarchy of the Serbs continued with the reestablishment of our own state with the principality or no?

Today's House of Karadjordjevic is the legitimate heir to the Serbian throne but I do wonder sometimes what happened to our monarchs of old did they just disappear after the Ottomans conquered us or something else?

A note. If the monarchy should ever be reestablished then I believe only the monarchs should be eligible if they are of Serbian noble blood. No non-Serbs should ever sit on the throne which would be quite problematic if House of Karadjordjevic ever returns to seize control of the Serbian throne.