PDA

View Full Version : Alnortedelsur Ancestry DNA Update

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 04:42 AM
Click on the image to expand it:

https://i.imgur.com/P9Xjjna.png

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 05:08 PM
I wonder why my results don't show immigration routes, like in my sister's results.

Cernunnos
09-13-2018, 05:21 PM
Assuming your Mother is 100% European, your father is 75%?

tekken999
09-13-2018, 05:24 PM
Wow that's alot of italian and french! I thought your portuguese might be a little higher given than just 4 percent. I'm also surprised to see greece/balkans on there too. Where do you think those come from?

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 05:31 PM
Assuming your Mother is 100% European, your father is 75%?

Must be something around that. In the castizo range, though his non-Euro is split between Amerindian and SSA.

Decius
09-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Lol u negro

Leto
09-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Lol u negro
Five percent black and eight percent Native American. Now the Middle Eastern is gone by the way. Alnorte is 87% European

Decius
09-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Five percent black and eight percent Native American. Now the Middle Eastern is gone by the way. Alnorte is 87% European
6% is alot

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 05:40 PM
6% is alot

Ah, OK

tekken999
09-13-2018, 05:43 PM
Must be something around that. In the castizo range, though his non-Euro is split between Amerindian and SSA.

So i basically have dna similarly split likes your fathers since my euro is 76%, native 14% SSA 10%

Chaos One
09-13-2018, 05:46 PM
So i basically have dna similarly split likes your fathers since my euro is 76%, native 14% SSA 10%

Same as me.

My father is 75% Caucasian (not 75% Euro) but my mom is 100% Euro, so I'm 82% Caucasian/70% Euro.

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 05:47 PM
Wow that's alot of italian and french! I thought your portuguese might be a little higher given than just 4 percent. I'm also surprised to see greece/balkans on there too. Where do you think those come from?

My direct paternal grand-grandpa (the grandfather of my paternal grandfather) was an Italian immigrant. And then, my mom also scores high Italian (20%) on 23andme. I guess that Balkan comes from my Italian ancestry, since Italians score some Balkan for being close to Balkan countries, I guess.

Also, I have to confess that the grandfather of my maternal grandpa was adopted and we don't know anything about his background. It could be that he could have been product of a relationship of some local woman (from Mallorca) with an Italian sailor, to explain the high Italian present on my mom :noidea:

tekken999
09-13-2018, 06:00 PM
My direct paternal grand-grandpa (the grandfather of my paternal grandfather) was an Italian immigrant. And then, my mom also scores high Italian (20%) on 23andme. I guess that Balkan comes from my Italian ancestry, since Italians score some Balkan for being close to Balkan countries, I guess.

Also, I have to confess that the grandfather of my maternal grandpa was adopted and we don't know anything of his background. It could be that he could have been product a relationship of some local woman (from Mallorca) with an Italian sailor, to explain the high Italian present on my mom :noidea:
Yeah that seems like a very diverse background which makes sense now. I think it's likely that the balkan is from the Italian as well which prob comes from both sides of your family. You must have some recent italian ancestry on your moms side as well for it to be that high on 23andme.

I wish I had has much information as well to explain my family's origins but all I know from my dad's side is that his great grandpa maybe have been an immigrant from north of Spain and I suspect my mother has ancestry from galicia as well because it would explain the weird fact that I scored more portuguese much higher than my spanish on ancestry's update since the galicians are genetically similar to portguese. All of my family is from puerto rico which didn't historically receive many portuguese immigrants compared to spanish immigrants but who knows :confused:

https://i.imgur.com/5vK1iFZ.png

Jana
09-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Congrats on your update, looks great. Do you have any Italian ancestry from the south ? It would explain your Greek/Balkans score, because southern Italians have real genetic admixture from there.

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Congrats on your update, looks great. Do you have any Italian ancestry from the south ? It would explain your Greek/Balkans score, because southern Italians have real genetic admixture from there.

The paternal grandpa of my paternal grandpa was an Italian immigrant, though we have no idea from where in Italy he was from. All we know is that our Italian surname is more frequent in Basilicata.

Chaos One
09-13-2018, 06:20 PM

Also, I have to confess that the grandfather of my maternal grandpa was adopted and we don't know anything about his background. It could be that he could have been product a relationship of some local woman (from Mallorca) with an Italian sailor, to explain the high Italian present on my mom :noidea:

Maybe the Italian is in fact part of the Iberian. I usually get like 15% Iberian and if I have some ancestry, is somewhat far. Even "pure" Italians score some Iberian.

Jana
09-13-2018, 06:21 PM
The paternal grandpa of my paternal grandpa was an Italian immigrant, though we have no idea from where in Italy he was from. All we know is that our Italian surname is more frequent in Basilicata.

That's the south, and was part of Magna Grecia :) Explains everything perfectly.

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 06:25 PM
Maybe the Italian is in fact part of the Iberian. I usually get like 15% Iberian and if I have some ancestry, is somewhat far. Even "pure" Italians score some Iberian.

That's true, but my Spanish mom scores quite high Italian on 23Andme for somebody who is supposed to be full Iberian. Normal for an Iberian would be something like 8-10, or 15% at most. She scores 20% Italian. Is unusually high.

Leto
09-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Same as me.

My father is 75% Caucasian (not 75% Euro) but my mom is 100% Euro, so I'm 82% Caucasian/70% Euro.
Alnorte is white though. And fuck all who question his whiteness. I actually saw the guy's photos, he can pass as Russian, lol.

Jana
09-13-2018, 06:36 PM
Alnorte is white though. And fuck all who question his whiteness. I actually saw the guy's photos, he can pass as Russian, lol.

Yes. I told him he looks Ukrainian to me. Must be light pigmentation + slight amerindian touch that give him pseudo East Slavic appearance. :)

Catarinense1998
09-13-2018, 06:40 PM
That's true, but my Spanish mom scores quite high Italian on 23Andme for somebody who is supposed to be full Iberian. Normal for an Iberian would be something like 8-10, or 15% at most. She scores 20% Italian. Is unusually high.

What about your father? Does he got to make a DNA test?

Annie999
09-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Ancestry is overestimating french. I went from less than 1% to 30%.
I thought that maybe with the update your spanish would grow but apparently you do have italian in you. Did your mom got tested?

Edit: I saw your mom scores 20% italian, thats unussually high for a spaniard. She deffinitely has recent italian ancestry, like 1 parent.

Chaos One
09-13-2018, 06:41 PM

I'm not questioning, that's personal. My wife is mixed with Amerinds too but is White. I prefer to classify myself as Triracial/Off-White, but in Brazil I'm white for all means.

Leto
09-13-2018, 06:49 PM
I'm not questioning, that's personal. My wife is mixed with Amerinds too but is White. I prefer to classify myself as Triracial/Off-White, but in Brazil I'm white for all means.
IMO a triracial needs to have at LEAST 10% of each component. For example 5% SSA, 5% Amerind and 90% European is not a triracial to me.

Post your HarappaWorld results, I'd like to count your total West Eurasian percentage.

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 06:53 PM
What about your father? Does he got to make a DNA test?

No so far.

Chaos One
09-13-2018, 06:54 PM
IMO a triracial needs to have at LEAST 10% of each component. For example 5% SSA, 5% Amerind and 90% European is not a triracial to me.

Post your HarappaWorld results, I'd like to count your total West Eurasian percentage.

I Population Percent
1 Mediterranean 25.32
2 NE-Euro 19.91
3 Caucasian 17.49
4 W-African 10.97
5 American 8.70
6 SW-Asian 6.30
7 Baloch 4.97
8 S-Indian 4.22

There're more

SE-Asian 0.91 Pct
Papuan 0.09 Pct
San 0.45 Pct
E-African 0.25 Pct
Pygmy 0.42 Pct

Leto
09-13-2018, 06:58 PM
I Population Percent
1 Mediterranean 25.32
2 NE-Euro 19.91
3 Caucasian 17.49
4 W-African 10.97
5 American 8.70
6 SW-Asian 6.30
7 Baloch 4.97
8 S-Indian 4.22

There're more

SE-Asian 0.91 Pct
Papuan 0.09 Pct
San 0.45 Pct
E-African 0.25 Pct
Pygmy 0.42 Pct
4% South Indian? That's a lot for a Brazilian.

Catarinense1998
09-13-2018, 06:58 PM

I were thinking the same. WTF.

Chaos One
09-13-2018, 07:02 PM

I've Pamiri ancestry, my South Asian goes high because of this sometimes.

MDLP K23b

1 Caucasian 21.29
2 European_Early_Farmers 18.17
3 European_Hunters_Gatherers 16.40
4 Subsaharian 10.48
5 Amerindian 9.71
6 North_African 9.02
7 Near_East 4.01
8 South_Central_Asian 3.16
9 South_Indian 2.21
10 Archaic_African 2.05
11 East_African 1.45
12 African_Pygmy 1.43

Decius
09-13-2018, 09:36 PM
Ah, OK

Sorry i said that 6% was alot bro, I was kinda fried.

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 11:20 PM
Changes from my previous AncestryDNA results:

https://i.imgur.com/eqGxVLg.png
https://i.imgur.com/FfnKkfq.png

tekken999
09-13-2018, 11:25 PM
Changes from my previous AncestryDNA results:

https://i.imgur.com/eqGxVLg.png
https://i.imgur.com/FfnKkfq.png

Is it possible that you might have more Italian than Spanish? Since if I recall correctly, Anna mentioned that her northern italian component was possibly classified under french in the update even though that she has recent family that originates North Italy and none from France and you still have a good amount of french also from what I can tell.

alnortedelsur
09-13-2018, 11:40 PM
Is it possible that you might have more Italian than Spanish? Since if I recall correctly, Anna mentioned that her northern italian component was possibly classified under french in the update even though that she has recent family that originates North Italy and none from France and you still have a good amount of french also from what I can tell.

Keep in mind that on my previous results, I scored 12% Brit and 5% Irish/Scott/Welsh. Some of it could have changed to "French".

I think that "French" added to my current 8% Irish/Scott and my 1% English/Welsh/Northwest Europe could reflect some Celtic-like ancestry, perhaps.

Also, my Italian great-grandpa could have been from Northern/Central Italy. I already mentioned that my Italian surname is more frequent in Basilicata, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he must have been from there. Even though my Italian surname is more frequent in Basilicata, it is also present in regions like Latium, Tuscany, Emiglia-Romagna, and Lombardy.

tekken999
09-14-2018, 12:43 AM
Keep in mind that on my previous results, I scored 12% Brit and 5% Irish/Scott/Welsh. Some of it could have changed to "French".

I think that "French" added to my current 8% Irish/Scott could reflect some Celtic-like ancestry, perhaps.

Also, my Italian great-grandpa could have been from Northern/Central Italy. I already mentioned that my Italian surname is more frequent in Basilicata, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he must have been from there. Even though my Italian surname is more frequent in Basilicata, it is also present in regions like Latium, Tuscany, Emiglia-Romagna, and Lombardy.

Yes that could be the case. I score about 6% french and 4% english/wales/northwestern and I think this my be due in part to the celtic migrations of the Hallstatt culture that moved into northern/central iberia around 1000 – 300 BC and thus formed the celtiberians after mixing with some of the iberian tribes.

Other Spaniards and latinos that have substantial iberian dna I believe also consistently get french, british isles so its likely in part due to the celtic influence since prior to the Roman conquest, the Iberians were not the only inhabitants of spain during the iron age.

Kriptc06
11-14-2018, 03:01 PM

Same as me.

same here lol

I'm around 12~13% native and ~10% SSA