PDA

View Full Version : Minority groups to get extra Government help to protect them from the recession.

Beorn
03-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Minority groups to get extra Government help to protect them from the recession

Ethnic minorities could get extra help during the recession following Government fears they will be hardest hit as the economy deteriorates.
Work and Pensions Secretary James Purnell announced a controversial drive to ensure ethnic minority workers do not get 'left behind'.
He warned employment levels amongst ethnic minorities fell by ten percentage points in the 1990s recession, more than other groups.
Mr Purnell, announcing the initiative in a speech to Labour's Black Asian and Minority Ethnic annual general meeting in Leicester yesterday, said it was vital to ensure the mistakes of previous recessions were not repeated.
'In the past too many were left behind in bad times. Ethnic minority workers suffered most in the Tory recessions,' he said.
'Employment levels amongst ethnic minority workers fell by 10 percentage points in the 1990s recession - much worse than rest of the country.
'Just think of the waste of human potential. Whole communities were abandoned, families where no one then worked for generations.'
But the Government's focus on minorities drew criticism from Conservative MPs, who warned it risked entrenching division.
Shipley MP Philip Davies said: 'This is simply outrageous. The Government should be targeting support at all who need it.
'The Government should be colour blind when it comes to looking who needs help. Doing otherwise will only entrench racism, as far as I'm concerned.

'The Government should be looking now to help the groups that have already been hit, like savers.
'This is the sort of thing that gives politics a bad name - ministers talking to different groups and telling them what they want to hear. It drives me to distraction.'
A spokesman for the TaxPayers' Alliance campaign group said: 'At a time when so many people are feeling the pinch, the Government should be allocating help on the basis of need.
'Lots of people are suffering hard times in the recession. The last thing they need is for the Government to play politics with different ethnic minority and gender groups.
'Instead, it should concentrate on an honest effort to help us all through the recession.'

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) will assess the impact of unemployment on ethnic minorities, women, the disabled and older workers and advise ministers on steps to take.

More @ Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1158242/Ethnic-minorities-extra-Government-help-protect-recession.html)

Vulpix
03-01-2009, 09:14 PM
What about the native majority :mad:?

Freomęg
03-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Words fail me. SURELY they're testing us. It's the only logical explanation. Villify everyone who falls out of line as 'racist', and then commit acts of racist prejudice yourself. I suppose they expect no-one to question them over this. The only other explanation I can conjur is that the Establishment have finished pushing their agenda through Labour for now and are using incidents like this to position Conservative for a guaranteed takeover - who will then develop the Marxist-Globalist agenda.

It's essential that all lost Labour votes go to the BNP.

Gooding
03-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Excuse me whilst I puke..that is outrageous :eek::mad:

stormlord
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM
So basically what they're saying is that in hard times employers tend to dump their least productive workers, and surprise surprise they just happen to be who?

Very illuminating.

I also liked the crack about "Tory recessions", as if somehow Tory recessions are innately "racist"

Creeping Death
03-02-2009, 05:58 AM
I thought the ethnic minorities in the UK were whites?

Freomęg
03-02-2009, 08:54 AM
I thought the ethnic minorities in the UK were whites?
Haha, they're working on it. But no, actually that's a good point. In many inner-city areas, white British are the ethnic minority (or one of). Some of these people don't have a life which extends beyond that area, therefore it would only be fair to provide them with the extra help given to other ethnic minorities elsewhere.

Manifest Destiny
03-02-2009, 01:59 PM
The article should be titled "British Government To Discriminate Against British People". :rolleyes2:

Beorn
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
The article should be titled "British Government To Discriminate Against British People". :rolleyes2:

http://www.icom7.com/templ/images/lewis_hamilton.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_04/khanG2503_468x687.jpg

But they aren't discriminating against British people. They are discriminating against the native English, Welsh and Scottish. :thumb001:

Manifest Destiny
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.icom7.com/templ/images/lewis_hamilton.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_04/khanG2503_468x687.jpg

But they aren't discriminating against British people. They are discriminating against the native English, Welsh and Scottish. :thumb001:

By "British people", I was referring to the whites who are native to the British isles. People who are biracial (and half English or Welsh or Scottish) could pose a problem in that regard, but immigrants from Crapistan and their descendants should be a no-brainer.