PDA

View Full Version : Human classifications are not "pseudo-science"

Joso
09-17-2018, 06:45 PM
Anthropology is not "pseudo-science" like some arrogant genetic-centrists here like to claim.

What is ironic is that these anti-anthropology guys generaly wants to appear as more "scientific" but what they don't understand is that phenotypes always walks together with genetics. They say things like "phenotypes doesn't matter" and that only genetics matter. But that is not true.

For a bird, wich wing is more important? The wing of the left or the wing of the right? The obvious answer is: The two.

The same way, phenotype and genotype are both equaly important for biology.

So, stop saying that "human phenotypes are pseudo-science" just because you are a noob with classifications. And pls, let us classifiers be happy.

Also, for these that says that "Only genetics can tell the origins of a person" or that "only genetics can show how an ancient civilization looked like",
i chalenge you!

I can tell the origins of persons just by their phenotype( unless the persons is very mixed, of course).

And you guys cannot, it is why you all uses that horrible excuses. Just admit it.

Joso
09-17-2018, 06:51 PM
I just want to say that i am the best classifier by far and i am not just exalting myself, a lot of persons said that.

So, if you want to have a proper classication, you can call me, i will do it with all the pleasure :D

FakeUsername
09-17-2018, 07:03 PM
K, Guess my origins

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?259679-Classify-and-pass-me-in-this-regions

Joso
09-17-2018, 07:04 PM
K classify me :

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?259679-Classify-and-pass-me-in-this-regions

Ok, i will! :)

FakeUsername
09-17-2018, 07:09 PM

Guess my origins* sorry

Token
09-17-2018, 07:20 PM
Physical Anthropology today is heavily dependent of genetics, anyone who keep up with recent papers on the subject are well aware of that. But yes, it is a science.

Now, certain notions like a Mediterranean race stretching unbroken from Western Europe to the Near East and 'Upper Paleolithic survivors' living today in Europe are laughed at, even by Physical Anthropologists themselves. But they serve as a reminder that science will keep changing forever, and something that is taken as absolute truth today might be ridiculed in the future.

Wrong
09-17-2018, 07:23 PM
I thought it was real science, but than I grew older and wiser.

Forehead grew +10cm for every wisedom collected.

Joso
09-17-2018, 07:45 PM

It is a real science.

Joso
09-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Physical Anthropology today is heavily dependent of genetics, anyone who keep up with recent papers on the subject are well aware of that. But yes, it is a science.

Now, certain notions like a Mediterranean race stretching unbroken from Western Europe to the Near East and 'Upper Paleolithic survivors' living today in Europe are laughed at, even by Physical Anthropologists themselves. But they serve as a reminder that science will keep changing forever, and something that is taken as absolute truth today might be ridiculed in the future.

Coon said that brunns are upper paleolithic survivors and that they are very similar to how neanderthals were. But if that is wrong, what are brunns then? They at least look to be the one that looks the most similar to how neanderthals looked( aside with the silvid amerindians maybe)

Joso
09-17-2018, 07:58 PM
K, Guess my origins

I did.

Insuperable
09-17-2018, 08:34 PM

Is that Senator Steven Armstrong from Metal Gear Revengence? Your avatar.

Joso
09-18-2018, 07:48 AM
Bump

Token
09-18-2018, 11:55 AM
Coon said that brunns are upper paleolithic survivors and that they are very similar to how neanderthals were. But if that is wrong, what are brunns then? They at least look to be the one that looks the most similar to how neanderthals looked( aside with the silvid amerindians maybe)

No, he didn't. He hypothesized that Cromagnons were produced by a mixture between Galley Hill and Neanderthal, but never stated that Bruenns are particularly 'very similar' to Neanderthals. I'm not going to enter on craniometric arguments, by doing this i'll be just flogging a dead horse, but this theory was proven wrong long time ago; Cromagnons were not any more Neanderthal than others Eurasians from the same time period.

Regarding Bruenn origin, most of its morphological qualities, as with most modern 'Upper Paleolithic survivor' types, are actually derived from steppe pastoralists that entered Europe during the Bronze Age. Its particularly low cephalic index was most likely inherited from Megalithic builders, after these invaders started mixing with leptomorphic, dolichocephalic Atlantic farmers in northwestern Europe; the original steppe type was in the meso-brachycephalic range. Overall, Bruenn and Borreby are the modern European types metrically and morphologically closest to previous Yamnaya and later Afanasevo and Andronovo types.

Videx
09-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Would you guess where this guy is from? And how do you classify him?

https://nlc.p3k.hu/data/cikk/22/212094/1.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xuz-zT7R1xA/maxresdefault.jpg
https://www.startlap.hu/uploads/2018/04/bereczki-zolt%C3%A1n-611x415.jpg

İrle
09-18-2018, 08:51 PM
Yes they are, today they are just for fun.

Kaspias
09-18-2018, 08:59 PM

K classify me :
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?259791-Reclassify-and-place-me

lol

Joso
09-18-2018, 09:55 PM
K classify me :
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?259791-Reclassify-and-place-me

lol

Done

Joso
09-18-2018, 09:56 PM
Yes they are, today they are just for fun.

Great argument, you almost converted me to your side.

Joso
09-19-2018, 03:55 AM
No, he didn't. He hypothesized that Cromagnons were produced by a mixture between Galley Hill and Neanderthal, but never stated that Bruenns are particularly 'very similar' to Neanderthals. I'm not going to enter on craniometric arguments, by doing this i'll be just flogging a dead horse, but this theory was proven wrong long time ago; Cromagnons were not any more Neanderthal than others Eurasians from the same time period.

Regarding Bruenn origin, most of its morphological qualities, as with most modern 'Upper Paleolithic survivor' types, are actually derived from steppe pastoralists that entered Europe during the Bronze Age. Its particularly low cephalic index was most likely inherited from Megalithic builders, after these invaders started mixing with leptomorphic, dolichocephalic Atlantic farmers in northwestern Europe; the original steppe type was in the meso-brachycephalic range. Overall, Bruenn and Borreby are the modern European types metrically and morphologically closest to previous Yamnaya and later Afanasevo and Andronovo types.

Neanderthal still exists, wanting you or not.

Because neanderthals were not much diferente of Homo sapiens sapiens,
Só even if you have like just 4% or even less of Neanderthal but if you have many caractheristics of Neanderthal like the cranium and skeleton in general, you are a neanderthal. Many persons have this caractheristics and they general are the most inteligente persons, specially the ones with the Amud 1 variation.
Also, unfortunately, the people that were closest to Neanderthal, the North American natives, are almost extinct now. They were probably puré Neanderthal, because of many evidências that i can show if you want. And yes there were various types of Neanderthal, including an American variation.

Zroota
09-19-2018, 07:18 AM
If classifications were pseudoscience then people will not sign up in here. Lol

Joso
09-19-2018, 08:08 AM

Yes, of course

Joso
09-19-2018, 10:10 PM
Bump

Ülev
09-19-2018, 10:15 PM
Bump

but do you have caliper?

Impossible to classify people without caliper...

But, she looks European, that's all.

Joso
09-19-2018, 10:16 PM
but do you have caliper?

I don't have, you can send one to me as a gift by mail

Joso
09-19-2018, 10:17 PM
but do you have caliper?

I don't have one but i am so good at classifications that i have like a mental caliper

Bellbeaking
01-26-2019, 11:15 PM

There are plenty of people on astrology forums?

If Classifications are legit then why did people always classify Welsh and Irish people as Meds phenotypically? Many physical anthropologists believed that they descended from a common origin, clustering with Iberians etc. Despite the fact there is no genetic connection between these regions, and Welsh are very much north euros

Zroota
01-27-2019, 05:46 AM
There are plenty of people on astrology forums?

If Classifications are legit then why did people always classify Welsh and Irish people as Meds phenotypically? Many physical anthropologists believed that they descended from a common origin, clustering with Iberians etc. Despite the fact there is no genetic connection between these regions, and Welsh are very much north euros
Good point on the astrology one.

But then again, don't some Welsh/Celts have some southern ancestry? I mean, it's not like the Iberians and Celts have never mixed with each other.

Dna8
01-27-2019, 06:14 AM

Human appearances interest me, and I enjoy discussing them.. observing physico-anthropological orthodoxies such as using established terminology is a means to an end for me.

Smeagol
01-27-2019, 06:59 AM
You're right and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about. Internet classification is indeed pseudo-science though.

Crimson Winds
01-27-2019, 07:03 AM
Anthropology is not "pseudo-science" like some arrogant genetic-centrists here like to claim.

Also, for these that says that "Only genetics can tell the origins of a person" or that "only genetics can show how an ancient civilization looked like",
i chalenge you!

I can tell the origins of persons just by their phenotype( unless the persons is very mixed, of course).

And you guys cannot, it is why you all uses that horrible excuses. Just admit it.

I agree part of it but honestly, you wouldn't be able to tell my appearance just from my phenotype.

whoami1
01-27-2019, 01:48 PM
Okay then can you classify me again? I have doubts about my phenotype because everyone says something else here. Until i make a dna analysis can you tell me what do i look like? And after dna results i can write it here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uj8Bi1su7UGUYgmLc82OWewXqbsfLg3O/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AsUQu1rXo1qreMA7SAS7G-JQl3p7JCET/view?usp=sharing

also my friends:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z2LV-tHjJS86u2106-lFSV12QYaAPhuh/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kWAbgCTSL1B8KsQv6WSSQ9SUe6PGNJ8g/view?usp=sharing

thanks

Joso
01-27-2019, 03:42 PM
Okay then can you classify me again? I have doubts about my phenotype because everyone says something else here. Until i make a dna analysis can you tell me what do i look like? And after dna results i can write it here.

Hmm I think you are gracile-med+alpine. Your friends seens to be in that range too. But there maybe also some pontid as you guys seens to be from Eastern/Southeastern Europe basing in the language in the photo of one of your friends.
By the way, why are people still bumping this cringy old thread? I am ashamed now :leaving:

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
01-27-2019, 03:50 PM
Absolutely pseudo-scientific. People shouldn't see it as more than an amateurish hobby. Human classification and ancestry through merely physical appearance is an extremely superficial and ambiguous criteria not grounded in genetics.

barkoo
01-27-2019, 04:39 PM
Good thread btw, clearly not a pseudo-science, can be correlated to genetics but many times this is not what happens, simply because only a little variation can change the way you look.
For certains folks on here that scored almost 100% Euro and still look Mestizo or Arab inf. (or both) will bet everything on genetics to orientate their agenda and prove they look like so, they will never look Euro phenotypically though. That's probably why phenotype is what matters IRL.

Dna8
01-28-2019, 06:29 AM
Good thread btw, clearly not a pseudo-science, can be correlated to genetics but many times this is not what happens, simply because only a little variation can change the way you look.
For certains folks on here that scored almost 100% Euro and still look Mestizo or Arab inf. (or both) will bet everything on genetics to orientate their agenda and prove they look like so, they will never look Euro phenotypically though. That's probably why phenotype is what matters IRL.

Well expressed thoughts

SudanGuy
06-09-2024, 05:51 AM
It pisses me off that people don’t claim this as real science. It is.

The Lappid race is real. The Baltid race is real. The Nordid race is real. The Sinid race is real. The Mediterranid race is real. These are all very real phenotypes.

Classifying a human being isn’t pushing racism or eugenics, all we’re doing is observing your facial traits and characteristics that result from the interaction of your genetic makeup (genotype) with the environment, and putting you in a box.

Homogenous groups over long periods of time will differentiate themselves. Anthropology is an attempt at capturing that differentiation. If you seriously claim this as “pseudoscience”, you’re a dumbass.

I find phenotypes much more interesting than the typical boring racial classifications (White, Black, Asian)

Genuine shame that this science is hardly discussed within the mainstream.

Immanenz
06-09-2024, 07:16 PM
Anthropology is awarness and knowledge, does not really matter if it is used as a science or not. Even though i m here for so long, the more i got into it, the more i see people with an eye for the detail.

Oliver Tooth
06-10-2024, 05:21 AM