PDA

View Full Version : Listening to Obama Give a Speech is Like Sex

Creeping Death
03-02-2009, 04:42 AM
CNN Contributor: 'Listening to Obama Give a Speech is Like Sex' (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/03/01/cnn-contributor-listening-obama-give-speech-sex)

CNN Contributor: 'Listening to Obama Give a Speech is Like Sex' By Noel Sheppard Created 2009-03-01 19:30

Did you think listening to President Obama give his address before Congress on Tuesday evening was "like sex?"

Republican strategist and CNN contributor Alex Castellanos did, or at least that's what he admitted to John King on Sunday's "State of the Union" a friend said:

I think, as a friend told me once, that -- listening to Barack Obama give a speech is like sex. The worse there ever was, was excellent.
'Listening to Obama Give a Speech is Like Sex'

Yes it leaves you with a feeling that you need a shower.

When smart less gullible Americans listen to President Potato Head give a speech, they don't feel like they're having sex, they feel like they're getting screwed.

The Lawspeaker
03-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Perhaps it feels more like listening to your pimp or loverboy after he promised you (yet again) that everything will be better one day and you just need to put in some extra effort. You only need to listen to his smooth-talking to realise that you are being sold and that your right are being taken away "for the benefit of the nation as a whole" :rolleyes:

SwordoftheVistula
03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Like rape maybe

Manifest Destiny
03-02-2009, 04:35 PM
What kind of tools have the American people become? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed that all the praise for King Hussein has been for his persona and "coolness" rather than for any practical ideas that will guide America out of this current crisis?

This is a cult of personality and, quite frankly, I fear the person who is still willing to assume power under such circumstances.

Vargtand
03-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Maybe this speaks more about the person in questions wife rather than Obamas ability to give a speech?

Baron Samedi
03-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Wow. Gotta love the noble pursuit of "journalism" nowadays with comments like that...

Vulpix
03-03-2009, 07:21 AM
This kind of comment says more about the CNN contributor than he'd like to admit :p... ;);)

Absinthe
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Wow. Gotta love the noble pursuit of "journalism" nowadays with comments like that...
That's exactly what I thought when I read this thread, not about the comment itself but about the quality of journalism nowadays.

No wonder, since now the media are taken over by celebrities, models, basketball players, actresses, and so on and so forth, not 'real' (educated) journalists.

Such a lowbrow article would not have survived the editorial team of the newspaper/network in previous decades, now bullshit like that seems to predominate the press.

Reading a newspaper and listening to the radio is like listening to fishwives engage in small talk and gossip at the beauty salon. O tempora, o mores... :rolleyes: