PDA

View Full Version : Do atheists even exists?

Joso
09-24-2018, 12:32 AM
Atheists think God don't exists but they have no proof that God exists or not,

so can we say that atheists exists?

Joso
09-24-2018, 12:43 AM
can someone answer pls

Tauromachos
09-24-2018, 12:45 AM

They exist but only as long as they don't start believe in God

Aldaris
09-24-2018, 12:46 AM
can someone answer pls

Atheism is usually defined as a lack of belief in any god. That’s it, it has nothing to do with any kind of some definitive proof.

Joso
09-24-2018, 12:47 AM
They exist but only as long as they don't start believe in God

But if we really don't have proof that God exists like atheists like to claim, then maybe they don't exists

Joso
09-24-2018, 12:48 AM
Atheism is usually defined as a lack of belief in any god. That’s it, it has nothing to do with any kind of some definitive proof.

But is not it agnosticism?

KMack
09-24-2018, 12:53 AM

Most are anti religious. It isn't about does God exist, they hate religion except for Muslims because in the west they want their votes even the Muslims would like to kill them.

Tauromachos
09-24-2018, 12:55 AM
But if we really don't have proof that God exists like atheists like to claim, then maybe they don't exists

Atheists exist only because we have no proof of God's existence

If we would have they wouldn't exist

Ancap
09-24-2018, 12:57 AM
Religion is worse than cocaine

Aldaris
09-24-2018, 12:58 AM
But is not it agnosticism?

Usually, an agnostic is defined by a belief, that existence of god cannot be proven or disproven by our methods. Using this definition, it is clear, that the two are not the same, not even categorically, and that you can be both agnostic atheist and agnostic theist.

arkas
09-24-2018, 01:00 AM

Lol

Joso
09-24-2018, 01:04 AM

Said the Ancap

Joso
09-24-2018, 01:07 AM
Usually, an agnostic is defined by a belief, that existence of god cannot be proven or disproven by our methods. Using this definition, it is clear, that the two are not the same, not even categorically, and that you can be both agnostic atheist and agnostic theist.

I didn't knw this, thanks for the information.
The point is if that there is no proof that gods exists, i don't see the reason to be a declaired atheist and stop searching for evdences of the truth, unless you are not interested in that

Aldaris
09-24-2018, 01:14 AM
I didn't knw this, thanks for the information.
The point is if that there is no proof that gods exists, i don't see the reason to be a declaired atheist and stop searching for evdences of the truth, unless you are not interested in that

You’re welcome. Certainly, claiming to know there are no gods, if there’s no proof of their nonexistence is an extremely irrational position, but I don’t think, I’ve ever met an atheist like that (although I’m pretty sure they do exist). As we’ve established earlier, atheism is a broader category than just this extreme view.

Jacques de Imbelloni
09-24-2018, 01:22 AM
Atheists are supposed to disbelieve in the existence of any form of metaphysical reality, even in pseudosciences like astrology or parapsychology, but in the practice many atheist are into new age stuff or into alternative therapies.

Cernunnos
09-24-2018, 01:25 AM
Most are anti religious. It isn't about does God exist, they hate religion except for Muslims because in the west they want their votes even the Muslims would like to kill them.

Nothing to do with that, that's the Atheist American society.

Many Atheists here are Anti-Muslim, specialy in the Scandinavia and Central-Eastern Europe....

Aldaris
09-24-2018, 01:30 AM
Atheists are supposed to disbelieve in the existence of any form of metaphysical reality, even in pseudosciences like astrology or parapsychology, but in the practice many atheist are into new age stuff or into alternative therapies.

One can believe whatever supernatural stuff and still be an atheist, as long as the said stuff does not include a deity. In fact, most atheists are not usually pure physicalists.

Westbrook
09-24-2018, 01:31 AM

What's wrong with cocaine?

Cernunnos
09-24-2018, 01:43 AM
To the OP.

No one can really prove anything, if God exists or not. The difference is that Theists will believe that there is a God and Atheists won't.

Atheism doesn't really stands for "I don't think there is any God, and I can prove that" more like "I don't think/belive in God, but I can't prove it".

Joso
09-24-2018, 01:47 AM
To the OP.

No one can really prove anything, if God exists or not. The difference is that Theists will believe that there is a God and Atheists won't.

Atheism doesn't really stands for "I don't think there is any God, and I can prove that" more like "I don't think/belive in God, but I can't prove it".

Again is not that the definition of agnostic?

Joso
09-24-2018, 01:49 AM
One can believe whatever supernatural stuff and still be an atheist, as long as the said stuff does not include a deity. In fact, most atheists are not usually pure physicalists.

Interesting, do you believe in paranormal stuff, like manifestation of spirits? I am not really sure if God exists but i believe in that spiritual thing

Westbrook
09-24-2018, 01:54 AM
Interesting, do you believe in paranormal stuff, like manifestation of spirits? I am not really sure if God exists but i believe in that spiritual thing

There is no God. There are spiritual and physical aspects of our universe that we don't fully understand yet.

Aldaris
09-24-2018, 01:58 AM

No, I don’t believe there exists anything actually ‘supernatural’. That being said, there seem to be a huge amount of genuine reports of various phenomena not explainable by our current science, but I believe, there ultimately is a natural explanation for them.

Cernunnos
09-24-2018, 01:59 AM
I'm Agnostic, which stands for "I don't know if there is a God or not, someone who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god"

I do however agree or share some principles with some Believers, other with some Agnostics and with some Atheists.

Joso
09-24-2018, 02:04 AM
There is no God. There are spiritual and physical aspects of our universe that we don't fully understand yet.

Maybe god or gods are part of that. You cannot just say that "there is no god", you don't know

KMack
09-24-2018, 02:14 AM
Nothing to do with that, that's the Atheist American society.

Many Atheists here are Anti-Muslim, specialy in the Scandinavia and Central-Eastern Europe....
So it does have something to so do with that. You just dismissed your argument in 1 sentence. Plenty of other Atheist organizations
are anti Religion.

Joso
09-24-2018, 03:04 AM
No, I don’t believe there exists anything actually ‘supernatural’. That being said, there seem to be a huge amount of genuine reports of various phenomena not explainable by our current science, but I believe, there ultimately is a natural explanation for them.

What about Extraterrestrials? Do you think they existe? I made a thread about that, i don't remember if you commented

Tauromachos
09-24-2018, 03:06 AM

Thats your belief

Aldaris
09-24-2018, 03:14 AM
What about Extraterrestrials? Do you think they existe? I made a thread about that, i don't remember if you commented

Yes, I believe there may be life on other planets, but I don’t believe, that we’ve met them already.

Smaug
09-24-2018, 03:15 AM
Yep. Atheist here.

Joso
09-24-2018, 03:17 AM
Yes, I believe there may be life on other planets, but I don’t believe, that we’ve met them already.

I think some day we will, i am very anxious for it

Aldaris
09-24-2018, 03:28 AM
I think some day we will, i am very anxious for it

Yes, at some point in future, we definitely will, if they are reasonably close. Actually, according to our educated guesses, we should have met them already, or at least we should have detected their presence. The fact we didn’t is known as Fermi paradox, if you’re interested.

Joso
09-24-2018, 03:35 AM
Yes, at some point in future, we definitely will, if they are reasonably close. Actually, according to our educated guesses, we should have met them already, or at least we should have detected their presence. The fact we didn’t is known as Fermi paradox, if you’re interested.

Yeah i will search for that Fermi paradox :D

ShenGjergj
09-24-2018, 04:14 AM
Atheist people could turn into satanist as well. If they don't believe in God they might believe in the devil.

Unome
09-24-2018, 08:16 AM

Atheists do not exist.

Marmara
09-24-2018, 08:38 AM
Atheist checking in, we exist.

Valwar
09-24-2018, 09:40 AM
What does this question even mean? People who lack a belief in god (atheists) do exist. Why would lack of proof for gods non-existence/existence mean that atheists do not exist?

wvwvw
09-24-2018, 09:56 AM
Most atheist are agnostics, but are tempted to label themselves atheists when they hear stupid or bigoted arguments from overty religious people.

Agnosto is the Greek world for unknown. I think it is healthy to question things. Can anyone know 100% there is a God? Every reasonable person has questioned Gods existance - or - non existance at some point of his life.

Most of us have to follow our gut feeling, existing evidence (NDE’s), or simply what reasonates best with us.

Unome
09-24-2018, 11:36 AM
Who said that??

Unome
09-24-2018, 11:37 AM
Atheists reject dogma and spirituality, however, tend to have unrealistic conceptions of social-morality and how belief-systems affect larger populations of people.

Then there is the problem of merely defining the gods.

gıulıoımpa
09-24-2018, 11:39 AM
most atheists are actually agnostic and real actual atheists are only psychopathic people deep inside imo.

i don't belive in a dogmatic religion however i am a spiritual person.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
09-24-2018, 11:59 AM
real actual atheists are only psychopathic people deep inside imo.

Interesting observation.

People who think that they are that important that there is even a God that cares for them individually or claims that the cosmos was created with them specifically in mind are perfectly mentally balanced... People who are egocentric enough to not feel small and "insignificant" given the tremendous scope of the universe are the ones who are mentally sane.

That's not the physiologic profile of a psychopath at all...

Benyzero
09-24-2018, 12:14 PM
I never saw a blue donkey, but I have no proof it doesn't exists. Am I exist? :D Now I understand the existence of god is a bigger thesis, but it's like u just wrote something like I did, in a simple level.. Atheism is a way of thinking.. Im not atheist though, before someone may point that out.

Westbrook
09-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Maybe god or gods are part of that. You cannot just say that "there is no god", you don't know

I guess that depends on what you are actually envisioning when you talk about a God

Aldaris
09-24-2018, 02:18 PM
One crucial thing, some people apparently do not realize is, that as there are many definitions of terms we're using, agnosticism and atheism have either a huge overlap, no overlap at all or they are qualitatively different categories, depending solely on our definitions. If we'd define atheism simply as a lack of conviction, that there's a deity and agnosticism in the most general and inclusive way possible, i.e. something in a matter of 'the view, that the existence or nonexistence of any deities is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable (although I don't exclude this possibility)', clearly, every agnostic can be either theist or atheist. An atheist, who isn't one hundred percent convinced that the statement 'there is a deity' is false, but isn't convinced there is one, would fall into the 'agnostic atheist' category. Similarly, every christian (or any other theist), who isn't one hundred percent convinced there's a god, would fall into 'agnostic theist' category. Clearly, both non-agnostic atheist and non-agnostic theist views are rather fringe. Even people like Richard Dawkins would fit the definition of 'agnostic atheist', as presented here.

Joso
09-24-2018, 03:53 PM

Good to know, i thouught you guys didn't

Insuperable
09-24-2018, 04:18 PM
When it comes to belief in the existence of God people should be either agnostic theists or agnostic atheists.

When it comes to belief in certain religion(s) it is understandable that some is gnostic atheist.

İrle
09-24-2018, 04:26 PM
There is no such thing as Atheist. They all servents of Satan.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
09-24-2018, 04:44 PM

Me chilling on a regular lazy Sunday.

https://crimethroughtimecollection.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/altar-1.jpg?w=584

rein
09-24-2018, 04:49 PM

Really? I thought they disliked Muslims most.

Joso
09-24-2018, 05:16 PM
I never saw a blue donkey, but I have no proof it doesn't exists. Am I exist? :D Now I understand the existence of god is a bigger thesis, but it's like u just wrote something like I did, in a simple level.. Atheism is a way of thinking.. Im not atheist though, before someone may point that out.

But god would be different of a blue donkey, in theory, god doesn't need top be understood by our science but blue donkeys would.

Benyzero
09-24-2018, 05:45 PM
But god would be different of a blue donkey, in theory, god doesn't need top be understood by our science but blue donkeys would.

Right the difference between the two that is while a donkey is a living thing u can see and touch, god is a supernatural power which is created by peoples imagination as long as someone can't prove it's material existence which we are far from considering what modern science knows today. I just wanted to show the similarity of the statements, that the image of god/gods and the intention to believe it, from various reasons, are with humans from the beginning of times. While blue donkey obviously doesn't exists anyway, but there are a lot of thing someone could believe in, the only thing the idea of god differs from the blue donkey is it's universality on this level.

Joso
09-24-2018, 05:48 PM
Right the difference between the two that is while a donkey is a living thing u can see and touch, god is a supernatural power which is created by peoples imagination as long as someone can't prove it's material existence which we are far from considering what modern science knows today. I just wanted to show the similarity of the statements, that the image of god/gods and the intention to believe it, from various reasons, are with humans from the beginning of times. While blue donkey obviously doesn't exists anyway, but there are a lot of thing someone could believe in, the only thing the idea of god differs from the blue donkey is it's universality on this level.

Well i don't know if god exists, i just think we cannot just say that it is "fruit of human imagination". I just belive that there are much things that science cannot prove today and that this paranormal thins can exist maybe

Benyzero
09-24-2018, 05:52 PM
Well i don't know if god exists, i just think we cannot just say that it is "fruit of human imagination". I just belive that there are much things that science cannot prove today and that this paranormal thins can exist maybe

Not just imagination but a deeply rooted belief in the unknown power , and supernatural, we could call it even genetical. Yes there is some things science can't prove or disprove.

Joso
09-24-2018, 06:21 PM
Not just imagination but a deeply rooted belief in the unknown power , and supernatural, we could call it even genetical. Yes there is some things science can't prove or disprove.

Yes i think that thins are not just matery and masse, there must be a lot of other things too, like spirits, other dimensions and etc

Westbrook
09-24-2018, 06:53 PM

The most logical path

Latinus
09-24-2018, 08:00 PM
I'm an atheist because I only believe in what I see/feel. It has nothing to do with hating religions or being a revolted guy, which many people assume.
If I had a proof that God exist I would cease being an atheist.

Bornoz
09-24-2018, 08:06 PM

I hate Islam

Visage pâle
09-24-2018, 08:08 PM
Pure atheists are a minority imo. Peoples can't live without esperance.

Bornoz
09-24-2018, 08:10 PM

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/lesson2marxisttheoriesofreligion-110309075551-phpapp02/95/a2-sociology-marxist-theories-of-religion-6-728.jpg?cb=1300179185

TheMaestro
09-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Ofc there are, mainly in Europe, I have many atheist friends.

Turkminator
09-24-2018, 08:15 PM
There are no atheists in the plane during heavy turbulence.

Latinus
09-24-2018, 08:21 PM
There are no atheists in the plane during heavy turbulence.

I have seen this argument before saying no one is atheist when the airplane is falling.
When in times of despair people do/say things they wouldn't make in their normal state.
By the way, whether you change your views on God or not, the airplane will crash the same way.

KMack
09-24-2018, 08:22 PM
Really? I thought they disliked Muslims most.

Organized anti Religious atheists in the USA are often anti Traditional USA so that would be mostly Anti Christian.
It is really gathering as many forces against traditional America so they think Muslims would fall into this camp. 1/2 of USA
Muslims are secular anyways, they don't care they just want to enjoy life, work, and have fun.

Joso
09-24-2018, 08:55 PM
I have seen this argument before saying no one is atheist when the airplane is falling.
When in times of despair people do/say things they wouldn't make in their normal state.
By the way, whether you change your views on God or not, the airplane will crash the same way.

Maybe not, if a lot of persons pray, maybe it can create a a lot of good enery that may can make the airplane keep flying, also even if it fall, if you follow God, you can be saved if you die.

Latinus
09-24-2018, 08:58 PM
Maybe not, if a lot of persons pray, maybe it can create a a lot of good enery that may can make the airplane keep flying, also even if it fall, if you follow God, you can be saved if you die.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=20178&dateline=1537567258

I prefer to be a good person and follow my ideals. If God exist or not we'll know when the time comes.

Joso
09-24-2018, 08:59 PM
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/lesson2marxisttheoriesofreligion-110309075551-phpapp02/95/a2-sociology-marxist-theories-of-religion-6-728.jpg?cb=1300179185

Do you believe in nothing? Like not even some paranormal things?

Black Panther
09-24-2018, 09:00 PM
Atheism is necessary for William Craig's books to sell.

Dragoon
09-24-2018, 09:02 PM
Here is simply graph of atheism and agnostic views:

https://i.postimg.cc/tTps5S0J/Just_gonna_throw_this_out_there_03de07dcf9a7a7a20a ea931c6157f1d.png (https://postimg.cc/hJZ440tR)

Here is study on world religions (68 countries, 66,000 people)

https://web.archive.org/web/20171114113506/http://www.wingia.com/web/files/news/370/file/370.pdf

62% call themselves religious
25% non religious
9% atheist

Least religious:
i.e. China (67% atheist, 23% non religious, 9%religious)

Religion:
74% of humans believe in soul,
71% of in God
56% in heaven
54% life after death
49% in hell

Hope this helps.

Joso
09-24-2018, 09:03 PM
Atheism is necessary for William Craig's books to sell.

Yes. Without atheists, who would he humiliate!? Btw, are you Christian?

Black Panther
09-24-2018, 11:31 PM
Yes. Without atheists, who would he humiliate!? Btw, are you Christian?

I'm "Catholic" just to piss my protestant parents. I am most likely a Deist if I were to define myself honestly.

Joso
09-24-2018, 11:33 PM
I'm "Catholic" just to piss my protestant parents. I am most likely a Deist if I were to define myself honestly.

Glória a Deus!

Joso
09-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Interesting observation.

People who think that they are that important that there is even a God that cares for them individually or claims that the cosmos was created with them specifically in mind are perfectly mentally balanced... People who are egocentric enough to not feel small and "insignificant" given the tremendous scope of the universe are the ones who are mentally sane.

That's not the physiologic profile of a psychopath at all...

Humans are important and there is no egocentrism in thinking that humans are special, it is just the reality, no other being can be compared to humans, except gods, if they exists.
Humans are rational and complex.
Atheists seens like psychopats because they don't want to accept that humans are the center of universe and many of them assume that irrational animals and the nature are superior than humans, which is of course not true. The animals and the nature exists to serve the humans, not the other way around.
We humans are like a big family, we are all related and we are the rulers of the universe, after the gods

Joso
09-25-2018, 11:20 PM
bump

Thorns
09-25-2018, 11:27 PM
I have a goat named Miroslav.

Joso
09-26-2018, 10:00 PM
bump

Joso
09-28-2018, 10:59 PM
I have a goat named Miroslav.

Are you implying you are a Mason?

Sacrificed Ram
09-28-2018, 11:30 PM

Doesn't exist proof of inexistence, who affirms the existence that has the onus to prove the existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probatio_diabolica

Joso
09-28-2018, 11:44 PM
Doesn't exist proof of inexistence, who affirms the existence that has the onus to prove the existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probatio_diabolica

Not really. If you cannot porve that it doesn't exists, you cannot say that. It sounds like you atheists are trying to find an excuse to continue being ignorant.

Sacrificed Ram
09-28-2018, 11:55 PM
Not really. If you cannot porve that it doesn't exists, you cannot say that. It sounds like you atheists are trying to find an excuse to continue being ignorant.

I said doesn't exist absolute negative proofs. It is like put someone behind the jails and obligate him to prove his innocense, you turn everybody guilty til prove their innocence, while the correct is the presumption of innocence. If you accuse someone of commit a crime, you should show the proofs of this crime, not he proves that he does't commited.

NO PROOF, NO CRIME
NO PROOF, NO GOD

Joso
09-28-2018, 11:58 PM
I said doesn't exist absolute negative proofs. It is like put someone behind the jails and obligate him to prove his innocense, you turn everybody guilty til prove their innocence, while the correct is the presumption of innocence. If you accuse someone of commit a crime, you should show the proofs of this crime, not he proves that he does't commited.

NO PROOF, NO CRIME
NO PROOF, NO GOD

Doesn't matter, if you want to affirm something, you will have to proof, if you cannot affirm that god don't exists, you cannot say that, that is simply as it is. You have no proof of the non-existence of god.

Sacrificed Ram
09-29-2018, 12:06 AM
Doesn't matter, if you want to affirm something, you will have to proof, if you cannot affirm that god don't exists, you cannot say that, that is simply as it is. You have no proof of the non-existence of god.

Atheists don't do an affirmation, but a negation!

Ritz06
09-29-2018, 12:16 AM
Religion is the opium of the people - Karl Marx

JosephK
09-29-2018, 12:18 AM
Religion is the opium of the people - Karl Marx

Marx's quote is quite ironic now, isn't it?

Ritz06
09-29-2018, 12:50 AM
Marx's quote is quite ironic now, isn't it?

How come?

JosephK
09-29-2018, 01:14 AM
How come?

Nowadays Marxism is the opium of the masses...

Ritz06
09-29-2018, 01:25 AM
Nowadays Marxism is the opium of the masses...

oh i was thinking more in the way of:

Marx was making a structural functionalism argument about religion, and particularly about organized religion Marx believed that religion had certain practical functions in society that were similar to the function of opium in a sick or injured person: it reduced people's immediate suffering and provided them with pleasant illusions which gave them the strength to carry on. Marx also saw religion as harmful, as it prevents people from seeing the class structure and oppression around them, thus religion can prevent the necessary revolution

From wikipedia

JosephK
09-29-2018, 01:29 AM
oh i was thinking more in the way of:

From wikipedia

Me too. Just replace "Marx" with "Joseph K." and "religion" with "Marxism" (or "socialism"). The class struggle these days is determined and maintained by Ivory Tower Marxists...

Joso
09-29-2018, 06:48 PM
Me too. Just replace "Marx" with "Joseph K." and "religion" with "Marxism" (or "socialism"). The class struggle these days is determined and maintained by Ivory Tower Marxists...

Yeah, JosephK is a very good philosoph

Joso
09-29-2018, 10:36 PM

NO PROOF, NO CRIME
NO PROOF, NO GOD

It is different because god created us and he does not need to be understood by our science.

Joso
09-29-2018, 10:37 PM
Atheists don't do an affirmation, but a negation!

No. Atheist affirms god don't exists but they will have to prove it

Sacrificed Ram
09-30-2018, 12:44 AM
No. Atheist affirms god don't exists but they will have to prove it

"Doesn't" isn't affirmation, it is a negation. Doesn't exist proof for absolute negations, then atheist shall not prove nothing. You should study rhetoric, logic and some basics of law school.

Joso
09-30-2018, 03:52 AM
"Doesn't" isn't affirmation, it is a negation. Doesn't exist proof for absolute negations, then atheist shall not prove nothing. You should study rhetoric, logic and some basics of law school.

No. You are the one that should study Theology and the Bible, then you will see that God exists. If you are not sure, you cannot continue with your Idea. It is smallmindedness.

Aodhan
09-30-2018, 04:12 AM
atheists exists
but god in the other hand.....

Joso
09-30-2018, 04:23 AM
atheists exists
but god in the other hand.....

God creates the world. He don'tdoesn't care if atheist believe on him or no, God can Converte-los atheist into theists anytime he can. I hope he Will do it with you soon.

Sacrificed Ram
09-30-2018, 06:08 PM
No. You are the one that should study Theology and the Bible, then you will see that God exists. If you are not sure, you cannot continue with your Idea. It is smallmindedness.

I will repeat again, before 1900 99% of christians were illiterate, read bible or not doesn't make someone christian and be illiterate isn't synonym of atheist.

Joso
09-30-2018, 11:53 PM
I will repeat again, before 1900 99% of christians were illiterate, read bible or not doesn't make someone christian and be illiterate isn't synonym of atheist.

Doesn't matter, you cannot be a true Christian if you cannot read the Bible. OK, maybe you can but only if the Saint Spirit touch your heart.

Sacrificed Ram
10-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Doesn't matter, you cannot be a true Christian if you cannot read the Bible. OK, maybe you can but only if the Saint Spirit touch your heart.

You don't need read the bible, remember the thief beside Jesus during crucification, Jesus said he would be together with him in paradise, that thief never did read the bible, because the bible still didn't exist. He wasn't even baptized or had communion...

Jennifer
10-01-2018, 12:11 AM
We have no solid proof as to what someone else really thinks but many Atheists seem to believe what they say and give no signs of engaging in deceit. We can say they exist as comfortably as we can say people holding any other belief system exist. Nothing to do with if they're right or wrong.

Sacrificed Ram
10-01-2018, 12:34 AM
The real question of Jolsonabo is if is possible be atheist even with the impossibility to prove the inexistence of god(s). However be an atheist is not know if god(s) exist(s) or not, but believe if god(s) exist(s) or not.

Then agnosticism (know if god(s) exist(s) or not) should be the natural condition of human being, except for ignostics...

Joso
10-01-2018, 01:02 AM
The real question of Jolsonabo is if is possible be atheist even with the impossibility to prove the inexistence of god(s). However be an atheist is not know if god(s) exist(s) or not, but believe if god(s) exist(s) or not.

Then agnosticism (know if god(s) exist(s) or not) should be the natural condition of human being, except for ignostics...

You are an ignobilis

Sacrificed Ram
10-01-2018, 01:12 AM
You are an ignobilis

http://www.2dayconsultoria.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/cao_basico.jpg

Joso
10-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Bump

Joso
10-01-2018, 08:56 PM
We have no solid proof as to what someone else really thinks but many Atheists seem to believe what they say and give no signs of engaging in deceit. We can say they exist as comfortably as we can say people holding any other belief system exist. Nothing to do with if they're right or wrong.

They don't exist because we cannot say that some thing that we don't have proof don't exist. Atheism literaly means "negation of god", then they don't exist because it impossible and contradiotry

Sacrificed Ram
10-02-2018, 12:43 AM
...It sounds like christians don't exist because they aren't capable to prove their god exists.

Be atheist isn't be capable to prove if god exists or not, but believe that god doesn't exist, independently if he has the proof or not.

Is some christian here capable to prove that Odin doesn't exist?

Joso
10-02-2018, 04:09 AM
...It sounds like christians don't exist because they aren't capable to prove their god exists.

Be atheist isn't be capable to prove if god exists or not, but believe that god doesn't exist, independently if he has the proof or not.

Is some christian here capable to prove that Odin doesn't exist?

Even if Christians are not capable to proof that their God exists, that doesn't mean that they don't exists because religion is made mainly by faith and in fact,
faith in the unprobable is one of the fundaments of Christianity, because acording to the Bible, the Christian gets the salvation because of faith.

"The just shall live by faith", Habakkuk 2:4

Yet, if atheists choose to believe in something that they have no proof, it means that they are religious and that "atheism" don't exists in fact.

And about Odin, that doesn't matter because religion are not all equal. So i cannot say anthing about him if i am Christian and have no knowledge about the Nordic mythology.

Kriptc06
11-30-2018, 07:37 PM
Yet, if atheists choose to believe in something that they have no proof, it means that they are religious and that "atheism" don't exists in fact.

no no you got it backwards, atheism is lack of believe or faith in a god, so they don't believe in any shite, alla, odin, yawe, thus not theist.

the burden of proof is on theist not on atheists that deny everything you say cause of no proof. it's like saying Santa is real. He works in mysterious ways, and does not give gifts to wrong doers. where's da proofa?

GreentheViper
11-30-2018, 07:38 PM
Lmao

Erebos
12-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Back when I made myself this very question, I stumbled upon Ignosticism, which pretty much summed up my views on the topic

For Ignosticism, gods and any theological concepts don't have any coherent definition and can't be falsifiable, therefore, making any matter of debate meaningless
We deem atheism just as irrational as theism

Sacrificed Ram
12-11-2018, 10:20 PM
Back when I made myself this very question, I stumbled upon Ignosticism, which pretty much summed up my views on the topic

For Ignosticism, gods and any theological concepts don't have any coherent definition and can't be falsifiable, therefore, making any matter of debate meaningless
We deem atheism just as irrational as theism

Ignosticism is also (sometimes) equaled to Theological Noncognitivism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theological_noncognitivism).

Bogdan
12-11-2018, 10:33 PM
I used to refer to myself as an atheist but I was truly an agnostic.

XXXKanedaGUNDAM
04-05-2019, 06:13 AM
I question or wonder exactly what their beliefs are, surely science is not the only self governing body in the universe is it?

XXXKanedaGUNDAM
04-05-2019, 06:17 AM
Ha ha, I totally get atheism now, it’s really quite clever...

Fibonacci
05-08-2019, 09:04 PM
I don't believe in fairytales and stories so yes, we exist. atheism is the lack of belief in gods and whatever bullshit the desert dwellers made up whilst on shrooms and weed.

Tolstoy
03-19-2021, 01:39 PM
Yes, I'm right here. Just the result of the mechanics of the universe or multiverse.

CDeBris
07-14-2022, 07:53 PM
Yes.

Everyone knows there is a God. Atheists are afraid of God judging them for their perversion so they pretend he doesn't exist. Never trust an atheist. They're already trying to hide from God.