PDA

View Full Version : Czech President Vaclav Klaus caught stealing pen on Chile trip

Rocket
04-13-2011, 09:38 PM
GkWB-1pepr0

Accompanied by a backing track straight out of a bank heist film, a video clip showing the Czech Republic's president discreetly pocketing a ceremonial pen encrusted with semi-precious stones while his Chilean counterpart praises him during a Latin American visit has become an unlikely internet sensation.

Vaclav Klaus, a conservative who has attracted international news coverage more often in recent years as a result of his combative Eurosceptic views, is shown in the clip opening a box containing the pen at the start of a press conference alongside Sebastián Piñera.

As Piñera addresses journalists and gives Klaus an enthusiastic welcome, the Czech president takes the pen out, examines it carefully, moves his hands under the table, shuffles with his jacket, then buttons it up with both hands and finally lets his empty hands emerge above the table again to close the case.

Czech television initially broadcast the video on Sunday, the same day as the appearance, before a copy later showed up on YouTube with the headline "President of Czech Republic steals pen", complete with the addition of a crime scene soundtrack and red circles and arrows highlighting various points in Klaus's manoeuvre. Versions of the clip have been viewed over a million times.

A spokesman for Klaus said that it was "a common pen with a logo of the state or office, which presidents and members of their delegation receive during state visits".

The pens are encrusted with Chilean lapis lazuli stones, which are prized for their intense blue colour, but a spokeswoman for Piñera said the Chilean president's guests were free to take them.

"All I have to say is, it is not a pen but just a stylus," Klaus himself said on Tuesday, adding that he takes things all the time.

He said he had a pen from a Nato summit in October and a notepad from the Latvian parliament. "It is what people do regularly. They keep notepads and pens from such events," he said.

But back in the Czech Republic, the clip has inspired a Facebook campaign in which the public is being asked to contribute to a special collection for him.

Participants are asked to send pens to Klaus's office on 2 May "as the president obviously has nothing to write with", according to the Facebook group.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/13/czech-president-steals-pen

Guapo
04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
That Chilean reporter is hot.

mymy
04-13-2011, 10:48 PM

If you mean on woman who was reading news, it is Czech reporter:confused:

Guapo
04-13-2011, 10:49 PM
If you mean on woman who was reading news, it is Czech reporter:confused:

:eek: I thought Czechs were all ubernords according to Radola

mymy
04-13-2011, 10:56 PM
:eek: I thought Czechs were all ubernords according to Radola

She looks Czech. I dated Czech guy ;)

Guapo
04-13-2011, 10:57 PM
She looks Czech. I dated Czech guy ;)

Poor you, bet he was boring and a pen thief.

poiuytrewq0987
04-13-2011, 11:01 PM
I still get a hard on thinking about this czech girl I met in prague.

Guapo
04-13-2011, 11:02 PM
I still get a hard on thinking about this czech girl I met in prague.

http://mitchieville.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/hard-on-boy.jpg

mymy
04-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Poor you, bet he was boring and a pen thief.

Haha, lol. Why think like that?

Guapo
04-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Haha, lol. Why think like that?

You know very well that northerners are boring know it alls that need to get drunk to have a great fucking time.

Bard
04-13-2011, 11:04 PM

She is pretty ugly considering the czech females standard.

Guapo
04-13-2011, 11:05 PM

I don't know Bard, We should ask Forget me Not.

mymy
04-13-2011, 11:08 PM

She is not ugly in general. By the way, Czechs have some very good looking females, model look types on one side, and on other side some "round" not so interesting girls.

The Ripper
04-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Why am I not suprised he is named Vaclav and not Karl? :rolleyes: :D :thumb001:

Svanhild
04-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Why am I not suprised he is named Vaclav and not Karl? :rolleyes: :D :thumb001:
Czech's current foreign minister is Karl zu Schwarzenberg who is of noble German ancestry.

http://deutschlandecho.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/karel_schwarzenberg_normal.jpg

mymy
04-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Czech's current foreign minister is Karl zu Schwarzenberg who is of noble German ancestry.

http://deutschlandecho.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/karel_schwarzenberg_normal.jpg

I heard rumor that in past members of his family married mostly cousins so money can stay in family.

The Lawspeaker
04-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Ach "shrugs"... it's just a pen. Politicians steal a lot more then pens.