PDA

View Full Version : Grinning, right up until they totaled my score...

2DREZQ
04-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Fobus belt holster, under standard long vest for concealment.

From hands on belt buckle to double-tap to the thoracic cavity at 30 feet.

Time: 0.73 SECONDS.

From same stance to single tap to the Ocular-cranial vault.

Time: 1.25 SECONDS.

From single tap to completed tactical reload. (1st mag in pocket, NOT on the ground)

Time: <3.0 SECONDS

Number of misses to the thoracic cavity with a Tommy-gun 2 shot bursts Range 50 feet

ZERO

Number of misses to the ocular-cranial vault-SINGLE TAP with same Tommy-gun

ZERO

Number of points short of making Distinguished Graduate on final proficiency exam:

TWO STINKING POINTS!!!!!

Still shot above the 80th percentile though

Sigh...

Stjjames
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Solid shooting.
What side arm ?
What are you qual'ing for ?

2DREZQ
04-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Solid shooting.
What side arm ?
What are you qual'ing for ?

Well, The Tommy was just for fun-no score counting.

The weapon was a Smith & Wesson 3913 (9mm)
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/53/Smith_%26_wesson_model_669.jpg/400px-Smith_%26_wesson_model_669.jpg
Mine has a mirror-polish, Hogue sticky grips, Novak combat sights, and a polished feed ramp. I carry it everywhere I can legally do so, which is most everywhere around here.

The course was the 4-day defensive pistol course at Front-Site in Nevada. I had to score 112 out of 125 (combined shooting and malfunction testing) to qualify as Distinguished. 86 was the minimum to "Graduate" (everybody else got "Certificate of Completion") I scored 96 total, as I lost 15 points on malfuction testing. I can now take the tactical pistol training, but would have had to shoot Distinguished to enroll in Combat Master training. I can now perform at or above the level required of any law enforcement agancy.

God, I love this country.

2DREZQ
04-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Oh Crap!
That's not a 3913. It's a 669. I pulled the wrong pic.

Well, they look almost identical, but the 3913 is a single stack mag with eight rounds. 669 holds ten or eleven, IIRC.