PDA

View Full Version : Serbia anti-government protesters demand early election

Radojica
04-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Tens of thousands of anti-government protesters have massed in Belgrade to call for early elections, amid growing anger over the economy and corruption.
Opposition leader Tomislav Nikolic told the crowd he was going on hunger strike until an election was called.
The rally comes three months after a similar protest in the capital.
President Boris Tadic has said Serbia needs stability and dismissed opposition ultimatums about election dates as "totally inappropriate".
The next election is scheduled for 2012.
But the BBC's Mark Lowen in Belgrade says the resurgent opposition, combined with news of the hunger strike, may make the call for a fresh poll hard to ignore.
'Veiled threats' Mr Nikolic's Progressive Party is seen as the strongest challenger to the Democratic Party, which leads the governing coalition.
"This is my personal act, I am no longer taking any food or water. Serbia deserves sacrifice," Mr Nikolic told the crowd.
Protesters carried party flags and banners with the slogans "Down with thieves" and "People want justice, work and progress".

http://www.blic.rs/data/images/2011-04-16/134484_naprednjaci-miting01-foto-g-srdanov_f.jpg?ver=1302963582

more (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13104880)

Guapo
04-17-2011, 01:07 AM
It's about time a Serbian born in Kragujevac should be president. He even called Tadiqi an ustasha once and that he was not sorry for the death of Djindjic and journalist Slavko Ćuruvija.

Heretik
04-17-2011, 01:31 AM
Nikolić štrajka glađu? Ooooo... Neka, neka! Nadam se da će ustrajati do kraja. :thumbs

Guapo
04-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Ima on rezerve u sebi ko polarni medved. Izgleda da su Ameri preko Tadica odlucile da Srbija krene u gradjanski rat. Pa kom' obojci kom' opanci!

Heretik
04-17-2011, 01:39 AM
A nije deva da ima i zalihu vode. :laugh:

Aramis
04-17-2011, 01:48 AM
I taj Nikolić će mijenati partije dok "Srbija" ne dobije što zaslužuje.

poiuytrewq0987
04-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Fuck the Democratic and Progressive parties. The SRS is the party you want to vote for.

mymy
04-18-2011, 12:21 AM
I didn't vote at elections, and I have no plan to do it in future.

Guapo
04-18-2011, 01:25 AM
I didn't vote at elections, and I have no plan to do it in future.

Politics is for fags. Show us more pics of you and your friends please.

Guapo
04-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Fuck the Democratic and Progressive parties

No, fuck you.

huts
04-18-2011, 02:02 AM

Great minds think a like my dear brother :D

poiuytrewq0987
04-18-2011, 02:49 AM

Pictures of mymy in a bikini plox.

Radojica
04-18-2011, 12:18 PM

Did anyone tell you recently that you are stupid :coffee:?

By Tomislav Nikolic’s hunger and thirst strike, the ruling coalition in Serbia has been brought in situation to choose between two evils: one is to remain deaf and risk that the life of the SNS leader Tomislav Nikolic is brought into jeopardy or to accept this anti-European and radical manner of fight become a practice in Serbia. Political analysts claim that this situation shall bring no good to anyone, including Nikolic.

Dilemma is huge and the authority has to decide. On one side it is bad because the opposition leader may have serious health consequences. On the other side, you may receive request for early parliamentary elections. I know about five to six politicians who would accept this way of fight and start a hunger a thirst strike. Thus we would practically have Serbia in permanent early parliamentary elections’, Vladimir Goati, Director of ‘Transparency Serbia’ says for ‘Blic’. He believes that Gandi’s method shall not impress voters in Serbia to vote for Nikolic. It is to be expected that the circle of his supporters becomes even stronger, however, many people shall never find this method of fight acceptable.
‘That is a radical method which is not being used in Europe. In European societies elections are being called depending on relations of powers in the Parliament’, Goati adds.

Zoran Stoiljkovic, Professor at the Faculty of Political Sciences thinks that the hunger and thirst strike started by Nikolic is a radical and dangerous precedent.
‘This especially having in mind that the agreement over calling of elections has been already reached. That strike is not needed but it so suitable for earning political points and for the marketing’, Stoiljkovic says.

He does not believe that this strike shall improve Tomislav Nikolic’s rating.
Svetlana Logar of the ‘Strategic Marketing’ also believes that ‘Nikolic shall neither get nor lose anything’.

Opposition SNS party leader taken to hospital

Source: B92, Tanjug BELGRADE -- Opposition SNS party leader Tomislav Nikolić, who stopped taking food and liquids on Saturday morning, has been taken to the hospital.

http://www.b92.net/news/pics/2011/04/2953232924dab6145868bd673539389_MidCol.jpg
Nikolić in his hospital bed (Tanjug)

As he was carried out of the parliament building Nikolić was conscious, said reports.
But the decision to move him to the hospital came after his health took a turn for the worse.

Doctors said late on Sunday that Nikolić's condition had deteriorated, but that he still refused to receive any therapy.

Earlier on Sunday, the SNS leader pledged to continue his hunger strike until the authorities have called early elections in the country.

Previously, Serbian President and ruling DS party leader Boris Tadić visited Nikolić, who was staying at his party's MP club at the parliament building since late Saturday.

The two spent an hour in conversation, but reached no agreement.

Tadić emerged from the meeting to tell journalists that he "pleaded with Toma to stop his hunger strike".

But Tadić said that elections would be called "once Serbia is given EU candidate status", and that in this decision he was "not acting like a private citizens", but rather, "as Serbia's president who must act in the public interest".

Earlier today, the Serb Progressive Party (SNS) said they were trying to force "no ordinary elections” but “elections for Serbia’s salvation”.

The party also stated that they were "warning the regime that it will bear absolute responsibility for all political events that will shake Serbia in the upcoming days, weeks and months if they ignore the will of the majority of the Serbian citizens that are today represented by Tomislav Nikolić”.

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics-article.php?yyyy=2011&mm=04&dd=17&nav_id=73847

Марко Краљевић
04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Change without a change. That is all about Nikolic and his crappy populist party. When man had seen that without Empire's approval in post 5th October Serbia he couldn't get elected and was constantly demonized in government controlled and "independent" media, he changed the tune and went to DC for "approved by State Department" stamp. Now he uses literally hungry people to pull an Obama styled change in poverty, lawlessness stricken country. He wants to be "yang" of ruling Democratic party cleptocracy's "yin".

And yet, there is still a hope. (http://www.dverisrpske.com/sr-CS/index.php)

Heretik
04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Did anyone tell you recently that you are stupid :coffee:?

:ranger: :D

mymy
04-18-2011, 08:14 PM

:roll eyes:roll eyes:roll eyes:coffee: