PDA

View Full Version : Atheism is a religion

ScaredGirl11
10-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Atheists often says tht atheism cannot be seen as a religion. But why? What makes atheism different to what is considered as religion? After all, atheism is also just a belief.

ScaredGirl11
10-08-2018, 04:10 PM
There is no proves that atheism is more right than religions.

Seya
10-08-2018, 04:14 PM
it's not a religion cose they don't fallow any rules. to be considered Christian, for example, u need to fallow a set of rules..otherwise u can't be considered a Christian. your belief it's not enough

Kelmendasi
10-08-2018, 04:20 PM
It's not a religion because in the vast majority of cases, atheists don't believe in Gods or a supreme being or force. Also religions have systems of worship and rules.

ScaredGirl11
10-08-2018, 06:49 PM
it's not a religion cose they don't fallow any rules. to be considered Christian, for example, u need to fallow a set of rules..otherwise u can't be considered a Christian. your belief it's not enough

It's not a religion because in the vast majority of cases, atheists don't believe in Gods or a supreme being or force. Also religions have systems of worship and rules.

But are not the negation of god a rule that atheists follow? And of course it is not identical to a religion but i think it have the same system of a religion.

ScaredGirl11
10-08-2018, 06:53 PM
But are not the negation of god a rule that atheists follow? And of course it is not identical to a religion but i think it have the same system of a religion.

The only difference is that atheists don't believe in gods.

Seya
10-08-2018, 06:56 PM

no, they don't follow any rule. they don't believe in god chose nothing convinced them of his existence yet. if they get convinced by any chance, then they can become religious or believers any time

ScaredGirl11
10-08-2018, 06:59 PM
no, they don't follow any rule. they don't believe in god chose nothing convinced them of his existence yet. if they get convinced by any chance, then they can become religious or believers any time

Atheists believe that our science cannot prove the existence of God. But they don't really know. That is a rule that atheists/agnostics follow. That is a belief.

Seya
10-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Atheists believe that our science cannot prove the existence of God. But they don't really know. That is a rule that atheists/agnostics follow. That is a belief.

not knowing is not a rule...it's simply ignorance

Westbrook
10-08-2018, 07:12 PM
re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/

noun
noun: religion

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms: faith, belief, worship, creed; More

a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"

a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
"consumerism is the new religion"

Hope this helps.

Tolstoy
03-19-2021, 12:51 PM
I don't think it is a religion. That is because you are not trying to reconnect with god, wich is the opposite of a religion.

lei.talk
08-28-2021, 08:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UPtTkQE.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/cJY99YH.png (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmology_(philosophy))

Chelubey
08-30-2021, 09:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b1Hj0_S48A

JamesBond007
08-30-2021, 09:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b1Hj0_S48A

Atheism is not a religion but Liberalism is a secular religion and Bill Maher is a Liberal.

Loki
08-30-2021, 10:10 PM
You've got to have a heck of a lot of blind faith to be an atheist. I used to be an atheist, and looking back now I realise just how idiotic and shortsighted I was!

Loki
08-30-2021, 10:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UPtTkQE.jpeg

No actually, God is above all that, and looking onto this limited physical realm from outside of it! Since he created it all, God is not confined to earth.
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.."

Valkyrion
09-18-2021, 12:29 AM
It's not that I don't believe in possibility of existence of some sort of meta-physical entity, but thing is that I actually don't believe in believing.

Atheism is just rejection of belief without valid proof, what tradition, culture and personal experiences of some, are certainly not.

Roy
01-17-2022, 07:39 PM
I don't think it is a religion. That is because you are not trying to reconnect with god, wich is the opposite of a religion.

And we don't really pursuit some religious ceremonies, neither we pray.

rothaer
01-17-2022, 08:44 PM
Much of what people call atheism more exactly is agnosticism. That is no certain belief, in contrast it’s sooner a disbelief. An agnostic essentially says: “I see no reason for such an assumption.”

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-17-2022, 09:09 PM
Atheism certainly isn't a religion (as someone else pointed out) but I noticed for many people rejecting religion creates a void they try to fill with an ideology. They speak about their ideology the same way as if it was a religion.

Chron
01-18-2022, 05:05 PM
Atheism certainly isn't a religion (as someone else pointed out) but I noticed for many people rejecting religion creates a void they try to fill with an ideology. They speak about their ideology the same way as if it was a religion.

Agreed. I think everyone has a "religious" void. Some people worship God(s), others worship celebrities, or brands, or whatever. It doesn't matter if your priest is Father MacMillan at the local church, some celebrity gossip writer, or even a politician, it's all the same thing with a different coating.

CDeBris
07-14-2022, 07:56 PM

1. I agree that atheism is a religion. All the fantasy atheists make up to justify their religion like evolution and globism are religious.

2. They CLAIM it's not a religion by ignoring all the stuff they DO believe as part of denying God exists by saying garbage like, "Atheists is as much a religion as not believing in Thor is a religion."