PDA

View Full Version : Who looks closer to being an "average European": Dolph Lundgren or Alex Dimitriatis?

Tooting Carmen
10-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Insofar as there is even such a thing as an "average European" look at all, which people here and elsewhere on anthrofora frequently mention but seldom properly define.

Dolph Lundgren
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/die-hard-scenario/images/8/81/DHS-_actor_Dolph_Lundgren.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140821052333

Alex Dimitriatis
http://marrieddivorce.com/uploads/images/Alex%20Dimitriades.jpg

Ayetooey
10-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Dolph Lundgren since he could pass in a fair few places where as Alex Dimitriatis couldn't really pass beyond Greece and maybe Sicilly.

Tooting Carmen
10-08-2018, 11:11 PM
Dolph Lundgren since he could pass in a fair few places where as Alex Dimitriatis couldn't really pass beyond Greece and maybe Sicilly.

Alex also passes in Iberia, Malta, most if not all of Italy, parts of the Balkans and maybe atypically in parts of France.

Ayetooey
10-08-2018, 11:18 PM
Alex also passes in Iberia, Malta, most if not all of Italy, parts of the Balkans and maybe atypically in parts of France.

I'd say he passes in. Malta, Southern Italy/Sicilly (not Central/Northern). Greece. Southern Iberia. I don't see how he passes in any parts of the Balkans outside Greece, he'd doesn't look Albo at all and he'd be Alien in any South Slav nation. All pretty neglible places pop wise, also all on the extreme southern end of European phenotypes.

Dolph could pass in all of Scandanavia, and pretty much all of central/western Europe.

I'd say personally Dolph passes in more places, and represents a better average compared to Alex.

TheMaestro
10-08-2018, 11:22 PM
Dolph Lundgren

Pass in Germany, France and Scandinavia

Tooting Carmen
10-08-2018, 11:36 PM
I'd say he passes in. Malta, Southern Italy/Sicilly (not Central/Northern). Greece. Southern Iberia. I don't see how he passes in any parts of the Balkans outside Greece, he'd doesn't look Albo at all and he'd be Alien in any South Slav nation. All pretty neglible places pop wise, also all on the extreme southern end of European phenotypes.

Dolph could pass in all of Scandanavia, and pretty much all of central/western Europe.

I'd say personally Dolph passes in more places, and represents a better average compared to Alex.

My instinct also is that Dolph passes in more European countries than does Alex, but still you're really exaggerating if you think that Northern/Central Italians, Albanians and South Slavs cannot look like him at all.

Newsboy
10-08-2018, 11:47 PM
Alex Dimitriades can only pass in Southern Europe.

Dolph Lundgren while not the most pan-European phenotype can pass in much of Europe even if atypical.

Verdict: Dolph Lundgren

FilhoV
10-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Dolph looks like he had 1 too many

Tooting Carmen
10-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Anyone else?

Cleitus
10-09-2018, 04:52 PM
The Greek one can pass anywhere in Europe aside from Scandinavian and Baltic countries. Where as Dolph Lundgren looks more distinctly north east european.

rein
10-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Dolph Lundgren.

Tooting Carmen
10-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Please don't forget to vote.:)

Cleitus
10-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Most Europeans don't look like Lundgren at least outside of the Baltic states and scandinavia. If anything in most of Europe such types won't make up more than 10% of the population at most. While Mediterranean types are way more common among Europeans in general.

Cleitus
10-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Lundgren looks prototypically Scando-Baltic-North East Slav.

Tooting Carmen
10-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Alex Dimitriades can only pass in Southern Europe.

Dolph Lundgren while not the most pan-European phenotype can pass in much of Europe even if atypical.

Verdict: Dolph Lundgren

Which supports my longstanding argument that more Northern Europeans can pass in Southern Europe at least as atypical than the reverse.

The Blade
10-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Americans like Rob Morrow or Thomas Gibson would beat them both in this regard.
However, of these two, Lundgren is the one who passes throughout Europe (ancient invader of Northern Paleo type).
The other guy I don't imagine northwards of France (in the west) and Hungary (in the centre). Also, unlike Lundgren, he is unable to pass in Baltic area and North Slavic countries.

Tooting Carmen
10-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Americans like Rob Morrow or Thomas Gibson would beat them both in this regard.
However, of these two, Lundgren is the one who passes throughout Europe (ancient invader of Northern Paleo type).
The other guy I don't imagine northwards of France (in the west) and Hungary (in the centre). Also, unlike Lundgren, he is unable to pass in Baltic area and North Slavic countries.

See my response to newsboy. Do you agree?

Cristiano viejo
10-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Dolph only passes in Scandinavia, so the other.

The Blade
10-10-2018, 09:57 PM
See my response to newsboy. Do you agree?
As I have previously said, in accordance with historical events all Southern areas represent, more or less, melting pots, while the Southern element in Northern societies is definitely insignificant.
So, more Northerners pass in the South but more Southerners look Northern Euro than the opposite.

Tooting Carmen
10-10-2018, 09:59 PM
As I have previously said, in accordance with historical events all Southern areas represent, more or less, melting pots, while the Southern element in Northern societies is definitely insignificant.
So, more Northerners pass in the South but more Southerners look Northern Euro than the opposite.

Yes that makes sense, although France and Hungary both have significant Mediterranean/Balkan elements despite not really being in Southern Europe, for example.

The Blade
10-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Yes that makes sense, although France and Hungary both have significant Mediterranean/Balkan elements despite not really being in Southern Europe, for example.
Yes but my point was that you can find more Southern Europeans belonging to Northern types than Scandos with Mediterranean or Dinarid look.

Tooting Carmen
10-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Yes but my point was that you can find more Southern Europeans belonging to Northern types than Scandos with Mediterranean or Dinarid look.

Well of course and it isn't even close. However, if the question were whether more Irish or Welsh people look Med or whether more Sicilians or Andalusians look Nordic, it would probably be relatively close.

The Blade
10-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Well of course and it isn't even close. However, if the question were whether more Irish or Welsh people look Med or whether more Sicilians or Andalusians look Nordic, it would probably be relatively close.
Yes, this makes sense.

Cristiano viejo
10-10-2018, 10:59 PM
And the proof that Greek is much more average is that Lundgren only passes in Scandinavia (20 millions of people) while Dimitriatis passes in Balkans, Italy, Spain, Portugal etc (much more than 100 millions of people).

nafz
10-10-2018, 11:57 PM
I would say 50/50. Dimitriadis can pass in central Europe as atypical including Germany. Just look at the recent atypical German footballers threads that were recently started. BTW, OP post a proper photo of Dimitriadis :

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/H86DPA/alex-dimitriades-ghost-ship-world-premiere-westwood-los-angeles-usa-H86DPA.jpg

Cristiano viejo
10-11-2018, 12:40 AM
^ looks like Lothard Matthaus.

Tooting Carmen
10-11-2018, 05:12 PM
bump

Columella
10-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Neither

Tooting Carmen
10-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Neither

Obviously they are two extremes of the European spectrum, but who'd you say is more common in the Continent as a whole?

Hadouken
10-11-2018, 05:55 PM
Obviously they are two extremes of the European spectrum, but who'd you say is more common in the Continent as a whole?

how is the greek guy an "extreme" ?

Caveat Emptor
10-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Dolph Lundgren easily as he could pass in most European countries without anyone even questioning whether he was from there.

Tooting Carmen
10-11-2018, 06:02 PM
how is the greek guy an "extreme" ?

Although not as dark as what some Europeans can get (especially but not exclusively in Mediterranean countries), he is still darker than the norm in most of Europe above the Pyrenees, Alps and Carpathians.

Cernunnos
10-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Dolph because most Europeans are from Northern, Eastern and Central Europe where you can find a lot of person with his pigmentation and hair/eye colour.

Only in Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece and perhaps France his looks are rare, but in France his pigmentation is common.

Cristiano viejo
10-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Dolph Lundgren easily as he could pass in most European countries without anyone even questioning whether he was from there.
hehe, quite true :D

Congolese Rice
10-11-2018, 07:03 PM
obviously yemeniantillean. pfff, what kind of question is this

Columella
10-11-2018, 09:05 PM
I think you chose one or two wrong examples.
Lundgren has strongly characterised features, I don’t think he is the average Swedish. The other is more anonymous more average s Euro guy.
I cannot give an answer.

CommonSense
10-11-2018, 09:19 PM

I've never seen a single person living in Serbia, regardless of ethnicity, who looks even remotely like him. Everybody would think he's a foreigner. His look is extremely Scandinavian and can't pass anywhere else.

alnortedelsur
10-11-2018, 09:31 PM
None of them. More average European would be somebody not that med like Alex Dimitriatis and not that pale and Nordic as Dolph Lundgren.

Papastratosels26
10-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Alex dimitriatis

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Cristiano viejo
10-11-2018, 09:41 PM
I've never seen a single person living in Serbia, regardless of ethnicity, who looks even remotely like him. Everybody would think he's a foreigner. His look is extremely Scandinavian and can't pass anywhere else.
He was joking and agreed, he only passes in Scandinavia (20 millions of people) while that Greek (is he Greek, true?) passes in all South Europe Balkans included, even France and UK (hundreds of millions of people).

None of them. More average European would be somebody not that med like Alex Dimitriatis and not that pale and Nordic as Dolph Lundgren.
Dolph Lundgren is not pale. He is Nordic because his obvious Nordic features along his platino hair, but his pigmentation is even dark.

alnortedelsur
10-11-2018, 09:47 PM
Dolph Lundgren is not pale. He is Nordic because his obvious Nordic features along his platino hair, but his pigmentation is even dark.

My bad. He is not particularly pale, but he is more Nordic and robust looking than the European average, which is not either that Nordic nor Mediterranean.

Cristiano viejo
10-11-2018, 09:48 PM
My bad. He is not particularly pale, but he is more Nordic and robust looking than the European average, which is not either that Nordic nor Mediterranean.

Of course. He is ultra-Nordic and that is precisely why he only passes in Scandinavia, what makes the other guy more average European IMO

Sikeliot
10-11-2018, 10:56 PM

He can pass in all of Southern Europe.

Sikeliot
10-11-2018, 10:57 PM
Alex Dimitriadis would pass far better in UK or Germany, than would Dolph Lundgren in Sicily or Crete.

Therefore, I think Dimitriadis looks more pan-European.

Tooting Carmen
10-12-2018, 01:39 AM
Alex Dimitriadis would pass far better in UK or Germany, than would Dolph Lundgren in Sicily or Crete.

Therefore, I think Dimitriadis looks more pan-European.

Although Dimitriatis would be much more Med-than-average here, I can think of one (sort of) celebrity who looks like him - Josh Patterson from reality TV show Made In Chelsea:
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Josh+Patterson+Prince+Trust+Awards+Red+Carpet+w26d jeF7T1Fl.jpghttp://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/05/980x490/landscape-1454674872-tv-josh-patterson-on-good-morning-britain.jpg

Sikeliot
10-12-2018, 02:19 AM
Although Dimitriatis would be much more Med-than-average here, I can think of one (sort of) celebrity who looks like him - Josh Patterson from reality TV show Made In Chelsea:
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Josh+Patterson+Prince+Trust+Awards+Red+Carpet+w26d jeF7T1Fl.jpghttp://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/05/980x490/landscape-1454674872-tv-josh-patterson-on-good-morning-britain.jpg

But to me, Dimitriadis passes better in Northern Europe than does Lundgren in Southern Europe. I cannot think of anyone in the far south part of Europe who looks like him. Even if they have his coloring, the features will be extremely different....

Tooting Carmen
10-16-2018, 11:53 PM
bump

Tooting Carmen
05-15-2020, 02:34 PM
bump

Friedrich Ulrich
05-15-2020, 03:54 PM
All i can say Drago isnt avarage at all:)

Videx
05-15-2020, 04:11 PM
Neither both are too distinctive. To me an average European would be somewhere between the two.

Latinus
05-18-2020, 01:17 AM
Alex Dimiatris. While he might be Med, I think his type is more common in Central/Northern Europe than Lundgren types outside Scandinavia.

Immanenz
05-18-2020, 01:51 AM
Alex Dimiatris. While he might be Med, I think his type is more common in Central/Northern Europe than Lundgren types outside Scandinavia.

agreed. also: Med types like Dimiatris are quite common in the South of Europe, pure, unreduced Cm types like Ludgren are moderately common at best even in their peak zones.

Dr_Maul
05-18-2020, 02:05 AM
Taking the title literally, it is clearly Dimiatris because Mediterranean countries have significantly higher populations combined than Nordic ones. Now after doing basic math, the 'average' European is more Med looking

PaleoEuropean
05-18-2020, 02:15 AM
Dolph Lundgren

Pass in Germany, France and Scandinavia

Young Dolph Lundgren could pass in Britain, the Baltic, Ukraine, Belarus and Russia.

Tooting Carmen
04-16-2023, 07:00 PM
Bump