PDA

View Full Version : Vojnik's FTDNA new results

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 03:03 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/pufsh.png

http://i68.tinypic.com/vwwc9j.png

http://i65.tinypic.com/33xhb9c.png

Interesting. More Eastern European then 23andme gave me.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 03:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiUkWY6MmCo

Aspar
10-09-2018, 03:15 AM
Nice results bro, very similar to mine!

CommonSense
10-09-2018, 03:22 AM
Intresting how as soon as you cross the southern border of Serbia, be it towards Albania, Macedonia or Bulgaria the MyOrigins results start to differ vastly. I don't think there's a single Macedonian who would have a similar score to my own.
Anyway, congrats on getting typical results for your ethnicity! :)

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 03:28 AM
Intresting how as soon as you cross the southern border of Serbia, be it towards Albania, Macedonia or Bulgaria the MyOrigins results start to differ vastly. I don't think there's a single Macedonian who would have a similar score to my own.

Cheers man.

Does your East Euro look the same as mine? If i remember correctly, you get more then me.

CommonSense
10-09-2018, 03:32 AM
Cheers man.

Does your East Euro look the same as mine? If i remember correctly, you get more then me.

It's the opposite. I scored 67% East Europe and 32% Southeast Europe + 1% trace results.

rein
10-09-2018, 03:35 AM
Might be because they include Romania under Eastern Europe.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 03:44 AM

Ahh, si si si.

That explains it.

Carpatz
10-09-2018, 03:48 AM

I got more Southeast then East. But I also got 19% West Europe which doesn't show up in any other dna test, so maybe the screwed up mine.

Mingle
10-09-2018, 04:21 AM

Shopi people from the south are probably transitional between you and Vojnik. When taking into account transitional groups like them, then the genetics results will probably go along a continuum rather than suddenly changing when you cross borders. The same obviously doesn't apply to Albania as they have little Slavic DNA.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 04:24 AM
Shopi people from the south are probably transitional between you and Vojnik. When taking into account transitional groups like them, then the genetics results will probably go along a continuum rather than suddenly changing when you cross borders. The same obviously doesn't apply to Albania as they have little Slavic DNA.

Yeah, Transitional between me and Commonsense would also be Gorani people and Serbs from Kosovo.

I'd also be interested to see results from Macedonians in Kumanovo. I think they would even get slightly more East Euro then me. As i mostly originate from Northern Greece.

I agree with the continuum.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 04:29 AM
I wonder what Bulgarians get. And also native northern Greeks (non pontians)

Brian O'Conner
10-09-2018, 04:30 AM
Very Balkanite

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 04:32 AM
Very Balkanite

Albanians get even more i think.

Kamal900
10-09-2018, 04:35 AM
More native than Slavic. Congrats, bro.

Brian O'Conner
10-09-2018, 04:36 AM
Albanians get even more i think.

True. Albanians are the original Balkanites.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 04:37 AM
True. Albanians are the original Balkanites.

Because they shit themselves and took refuge in the mountains.

Brian O'Conner
10-09-2018, 04:39 AM

Hahahaha

Brian O'Conner
10-09-2018, 04:39 AM
Pjkl

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 04:41 AM
Pjkl

Whats that?

rein
10-09-2018, 04:41 AM
I got more Southeast then East. But I also got 19% West Europe which doesn't show up in any other dna test, so maybe the screwed up mine.

Definitely screwed up.

TrulyBliss
10-09-2018, 04:42 AM

That is not true.

Albanian language survived in the mountains. Not the Albanian people.

Is it just me or do you get a large amount of Eastern European for a Macedonian? Maybe I've misunderstood results from Macedonia.

Nice results though.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 04:45 AM
That is not true.

Albanian language survived in the mountains. Not the Albanian people.

Is it just me or do you get a large amount of Eastern European for a Macedonian? Maybe I've misunderstood results from Macedonia.

Nice results though.

Just joking around.

Do i get alot? I don't think iv'e seen results from Macedonians.

TrulyBliss
10-09-2018, 04:55 AM
Just joking around.

Do i get alot? I don't think iv'e seen results from Macedonians.

I don't think it's a lot. It is usually somewhere between 0-20% for Macedonians in FTDNA. But considering that you originate more further south, I would think you'd be somewhere in the middle of that range. You're obviously Paleo-Balkanic. This is more of an academic inquiry. Maybe Aspar can shed some light. However, if Romanian is included in Eastern Europe, that would skew Thracian influenced individual towards Eastern Europe.

Peterski
10-09-2018, 05:08 AM
Has there been another update recently or did you just receive your results?

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 05:10 AM
Has there been another update recently or did you just receive your results?

Just received my results today.

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 05:31 AM
Nice results, macedonians are really native no matter what greek nationalists say, they themselves know nothing about ancient history.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 06:52 AM
Nice results, macedonians are really native no matter what greek nationalists say, they themselves know nothing about ancient history.

We knew we were native even before the invention of stuff like this. That's why we call ourselves Macedonians. Because that's what we are.

catgeorge
10-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Not much native to south Europe - very high swamp dweller.

Jana
10-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Congrats on your results!

Btw, Romanians are not reference samples for eastern Europe, I don't know who is spreading that inacuracies.

Jana
10-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Not much native to south Europe - very high swamp dweller.

He is very native to Macedonia.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Congrats on your results!

Btw, Romanians are not reference samples for eastern Europe, I don't know who is spreading that inacuracies.

Thanks.

Awesome! Proud to have Slavic genes then. :)

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 08:06 AM

Tried too ignore him.

I can say i'd much rather be those 'swamp' east Europeans (Russians etc) then be modern Greek. East Europeans have contributed so much so recently. Where modern Greeks, not so much.

Jana
10-09-2018, 08:12 AM
Tried too ignore him.

I can say i'd much rather be those 'swamp' east Europeans (Russians etc) then be modern Greek. East Europeans have contributed so much so recently. Where modern Greeks, not so much.

If he thinks native Greeks from Macedonia would not score similar amount of Eastern European like you, he is delusional :)

Cleitus
10-09-2018, 08:21 AM
Thanks.

Awesome! Proud to have Slavic genes then. :)

Which proves that you are just Bulgarians.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 08:27 AM
Which proves that you are just Bulgarians.

Hahaha. funny.

I actually want to see Bulgarian results.

Cleitus
10-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Hahaha. funny.

I actually want to see Bulgarian results.

The same as yours obviously, more or less.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 08:37 AM
The same as yours obviously, more or less.

Why the same? Mate, my family have had closer contact with Albanians rather then Bulgarians. (Bitola-Florina/Lerin)

Cleitus
10-09-2018, 08:42 AM
Why the same? Mate, my family have had closer contact with Albanians rather then Bulgarians. (Bitola-Florina/Lerin)

OK then let's unite our states we must grow in power.
If it wouldn't be for the language it would work.

MiloshN
10-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Чисто Македончеееее

Archduke
10-09-2018, 08:45 AM

Well...the biggest diaspora of Eagean Macedonians is in Bulgaria. Not in Australia,not even Macedonia.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 08:56 AM
Well...the biggest diaspora of Eagean Macedonians is in Bulgaria. Not in Australia,not even Macedonia.

If that is true, which we really cant estimate with numbers, then how does that change anything of what i said?

Cleitus
10-09-2018, 09:04 AM
If he thinks native Greeks from Macedonia would not score similar amount of Eastern European like you, he is delusional :)

Which came through Slavic migration, obviously.

Archduke
10-09-2018, 09:05 AM
If that is true, which we really cant estimate with numbers, then how does that change anything of what i said?

I can talk about my region. You can go and ask people who live between Varna and Burgas, where do they come from.

You can still feel the strong Macedonian regional identity in places like Ravda and Nesebar. I can also meet you with the direct grandchildren of Vasil Chekalarov, they live in Burgas.

It changes because people back then moved to places where they would regard as "home". I havent heard of Eagean Macedonians moving to Albania. ALso the Eagean dialect is the closest to standard Bulgarian than all other Macedonian dialects.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 09:15 AM
I can talk about my region. You can go and ask people who live between Varna and Burgas, where do they come from.

You can still feel the strong Macedonian regional identity in places like Ravda and Nesebar. I can also meet you with the direct grandchildren of Vasil Chekalarov, they live in Burgas.

It changes because people back then people moved to places where they would regard as "home". I havent heard of Eagean Macedonians moving to Albania. ALso the Eagean dialect is the closest to standard Bulgarian than all other Macedonian dialects.

What i was referring to is the closer proximity my ancestors had to Albanians rather then Bulgarians. (Central-Western Macedonia)

As for regarding it as home. If we are talking about Aegean Macedonians who settled in Bulgaria during Ottoman rule, you can say that Bulgaria to them was a more desirable option, as the language was easier to understand then any other neighbours. Plus Bulgaria was closer to travel to.

Pribislav
10-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Nice result, congratulations!

I wonder who has more East Europe on average Macedonians or Bulgarians. :confused:

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Tried too ignore him.

Modern Greeks are composed of:

1: Western Balkan people
2. Anatolians (like Turks)
3. African immigrants who fled from Africa due Arab invasions like Kasidiaris and Pavlopulos.

They are no more native balkan than we are, and our haplogroup is older on balkans than theirs.

Cleitus
10-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Modern Greeks are composed of:

1: Western Balkan people
2. Anatolians (like Turks)
3. African immigrants who fled from Africa due Arab invasions like Kasidiaris and Pavlopulos.

They are no more native balkan than we are, and our haplogroup is older on balkans than theirs.

They absorbed 2 million Anatolians on their own behalf because they were orthodox Christian hahaha.

But you're haplogroup is by no means older you are Slavic invaders deal with it. Your signature proves who is native and who is not euro mutt.

pelikarski
10-09-2018, 09:27 AM

I wonder who has more East Europe on average Macedonians or Bulgarians. :confused:

What is the average East Euro for Serbs

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 09:30 AM

50%

Archduke
10-09-2018, 09:31 AM
What i was referring to is the closer proximity my ancestors had to Albanians rather then Bulgarians. (Central-Western Macedonia)

As for regarding it as home. If we are talking about Aegean Macedonians who settled in Bulgaria during Ottoman rule, you can say that Bulgaria to them was a more desirable option, as the language was easier to understand then any other neighbours. Plus Bulgaria was closer to travel to.

I do not want to be harsh, but your ancestors havent been neighbours to Bulgarians...they lived together with them. It's just that one part decided to accept one identity, the majority decided to remain the way they were.

The vast majority of Eagean Macedonians moved to Bulgaria between the wars..until the 50'. I am not sure if the Black sea coast for example (500-600 km from Lerin?) was closer to Eagean Macedonians than lets say Skopje.

This is totally off topic and its going to be my last post here. Here is a monument in Ravda, made from the people there.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Ravda_monument.jpg/800px-Ravda_monument.jpg

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 09:32 AM

Serb user Commonsense gets 67% east euro!

pelikarski
10-09-2018, 09:32 AM
50%

and for bulgarians?

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 09:35 AM
and for bulgarians?

You should do the test and find out. ;)

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 09:41 AM
and for bulgarians?

I don't know really ... But I believe they are somewhat less Eastern European than Serbs for sure.

Bulgarians are mix of Greeks, Thracians, Anatolians and Eastern European peoples with few Turan people (Bolghar and Turks that invaded anatolia)

pelikarski
10-09-2018, 09:45 AM
I don't know really ... But I believe they are somewhat less Eastern European than Serbs for sure.

Bulgarians are mix of Greeks, Thracians, Anatolians and Eastern European peoples with few Turan people (Bolghar and Turks that invaded anatolia)

Isn't that more correct for your people?

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Look how much east euro this greek gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFB4L-yUFQc

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Isn't that more correct for your people?

my people are all people on Balkans except Greeks, Albanians and Turks.

Pribislav
10-09-2018, 10:06 AM

Not sure exactly, but it's over 50% for sure.

I have few results from various regions

Serb from Banat 53% https://s25.postimg.cc/4tliaeh1b/Screenshot-2018-6-10_my_FTDNA_-_My_Origins_5.png

Serbs from Lika 63% https://i.imgur.com/a66M1h2.png

Serb from Dalmatia 52% https://s18.postimg.cc/6m4abj995/dup.png

Serbs from Lika 80% https://s18.postimg.cc/tathb4ds9/vuk.png

Serb from western Serbia 47% https://s18.postimg.cc/k318uerah/kost.png

Serbs from western Bosnia I think 51% https://i.imgur.com/3EhzaMS.png

Serb from Sarajevo 34% https://s18.postimg.cc/aihm7j9o9/rad.png

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 10:10 AM
Not sure exactly, but it's over 50% for sure.

I have few results from various regions
Serb from Banat 53% https://s25.postimg.cc/4tliaeh1b/Screenshot-2018-6-10_my_FTDNA_-_My_Origins_5.png

Serbs from Lika 63% https://i.imgur.com/a66M1h2.png

Serb from Dalmatia 52% https://s18.postimg.cc/6m4abj995/dup.png

Serbs from Lika 80% https://s18.postimg.cc/tathb4ds9/vuk.png

Serb from western Serbia 47% https://s18.postimg.cc/k318uerah/kost.png

Serbs from western Bosnia I think 51% https://i.imgur.com/3EhzaMS.png

Serb from Sarajevo 34% https://s18.postimg.cc/aihm7j9o9/rad.png

You just denounced yourself... how is it FAR MORE THAN 50% when majority of tested have about 50% on average?

You WISH it's 90% but it isn't, cause you love Russians more than Serbs.

Pribislav
10-09-2018, 10:12 AM
You just denounced yourself... how is it FAR MORE THAN 50% when majority of tested have about 50% on average?

It's probably between 50 and 55.

pelikarski
10-09-2018, 10:12 AM
You should do the test and find out. ;)

I think Bulgarians with ancestry from Aegean Macedonian would score similar to you.

Jana
10-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Guys, these results are pretty meaningless. They just show how well do you match their reference populations, nothing more.
One Croat scores 99% Eastern Europe because he is genetically similar to Czechs, and Czechs are one of reference populations for Eastern European cluster.
He is not 99% Slavic ofc :D

My mother scores 71% Eastern Europe, and she is more southern and more western shifted than average Croatian on gedmatch.
Gedmatch is what matters, not these kind of results although they're fun.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 10:15 AM
I think Bulgarians with ancestry from Aegean Macedonian would score similar to you.

Do you have any ancestry from there?

Pribislav
10-09-2018, 10:18 AM

Most of tested from what I have seen are over 50%.

Sinan, you wished 0% East Europe for yourself! Is not it?

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 10:21 AM
What ethnicities do they use as a reference for east euro? Russians?

Jana
10-09-2018, 10:24 AM
What ethnicities do they use as a reference for east euro? Russians?

Czechs. For rest I am not sure, but I think Poles too. So it is not purely Slavic cluster, far from it.

TheMaestro
10-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Nice results look like mine, but I got some British.

Thracian
10-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Guys, these results are pretty meaningless. They just show how well do you match their reference populations, nothing more.
One Croat scores 99% Eastern Europe because he is genetically similar to Czechs, and Czechs are one of reference populations for Eastern European cluster.
He is not 99% Slavic ofc :D

My mother scores 71% Eastern Europe, and she is more southern and more western shifted than average Croatian on gedmatch.
Gedmatch is what matters, not these kind of results although they're fun.

Definitely. I got 10% British Isles on MyOrigin 2.0 which is quite funny.

Jana
10-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Definitely. I got 10% British Isles on MyOrigin 2.0 which is quite funny.

Same here, I also got 10% British !

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 10:41 AM
You telling me i paid 100 bucks and it means nothing. Damn it.

Jana
10-09-2018, 10:46 AM
You telling me i paid 100 bucks and it means nothing. Damn it.

Well, it's something. Shows you are pred. native Balkan (Thracian/Macedonian), with good chuck of medieval Slavic admixture and fully European. :)

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Well, it's something. Shows you are pred. native Balkan (Thracian/Macedonian), with good chuck of medieval Slavic admixture and fully European. :)

My great X 20 grandfather couldn't resist the blond Slavic girl.

Thanas Django
10-09-2018, 11:30 AM

Your great X 20 grandmother was brutally raped during a raid by invading Slavs and still she chose to keep the baby as her whole other family was slain, so she could at least have someone living to call her own.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Your great X 20 grandmother was brutally raped during a raid by invading Slavs and still she chose to keep the baby as her whole other family was slain, so she could at least have someone living to call her own.

Wow you just turned it all horrific and shit.

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 11:39 AM

You are not in position to insult him or anyone else from Balkans.

Go play with your arabs, syrians, lebanon and jews.

Thanas Django
10-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Wow you just turned it all horrific and shit.

I was thinking about Lord of the Flies and Game of Thrones. I didn't like your idealistic "my greeeeaaaat grandpa fucked blonde bitches" approach.

Thanas Django
10-09-2018, 12:14 PM
You are not in position to insult him or anyone else from Balkans.

Go play with your arabs, syrians, lebanon and jews.

:lol:

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 12:16 PM
I was thinking about Lord of the Flies and Game of Thrones. I didn't like your idealistic "my greeeeaaaat grandpa fucked blonde bitches" approach.

Yeah, what you described sounded like a good movie line. Medieval type movie.

Thanas Django
10-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Yeah, what you described sounded like a good movie line. Medieval type movie.

It's still part of a reality that can be described as very recent in many parts of the world.

I wouldn't doubt that Roman Akritai populations had to go through such occurences every few decades.

So what I wrote is very grounded to reality.

Leto
10-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Czechs. For rest I am not sure, but I think Poles too. So it is not purely Slavic cluster, far from it.
No. Much of Poland, Western Ukraine, Eastern Slovakia and small parts of Hungary and Belarus. That's what the darkest circle encompasses.

Jana
10-09-2018, 01:17 PM
No. Much of Poland, Western Ukraine, Eastern Slovakia and small parts of Hungary and Belarus. That's what the darkest circle encompasses.

No, absolutely false. These circles do not mean reference samples.

Not a Cop
10-09-2018, 01:20 PM

Well realisticly speaking it was rather blond dudes and brunnet girls.

Leto
10-09-2018, 01:22 PM
No, absolutely false. These circles do not mean reference samples.
And I believe they do.

Aspar
10-09-2018, 02:53 PM
I don't think it's a lot. It is usually somewhere between 0-20% for Macedonians in FTDNA. But considering that you originate more further south, I would think you'd be somewhere in the middle of that range. You're obviously Paleo-Balkanic. This is more of an academic inquiry. Maybe Aspar can shed some light. However, if Romanian is included in Eastern Europe, that would skew Thracian influenced individual towards Eastern Europe.

https://i.postimg.cc/rmJkfNtt/ftdna.png (https://postimg.cc/qhzSRnwk)
https://i.postimg.cc/P5wngjwH/Ancient_Origins.png (https://postimg.cc/jDt1fBc3)photo upload site (https://postimages.org/)

Looking at the first results, there is not much difference in our results.
But looking at 'my ancient origins' results, it seems I am a bit more 'farmer' and 'metal age invader' influenced than him while Vojnik is more 'hunter gatherer' influenced than me and that is visible in our gedmatch results.
Probably 'my ancient origins' results are more relevant than 'my origins'!

I think, the 'East Euro' in Macedonians varies from 10 to 30 percent.

Coolguy1
10-09-2018, 05:02 PM
These commercial tests dont tell much. Dont start thinking you are paleo-Balkan lmao, these references are based on modern populations. Upload to gedmatch to get a clearer picture.

Aspar
10-09-2018, 05:18 PM
These commercial tests dont tell much. Dont start thinking you are paleo-Balkan lmao, these references are based on modern populations. Upload to gedmatch to get a clearer picture.

So what does it mean to be Paleo Balkan than and which ancient population can be reference for the ancient people right before the Slavs had settled in?
So far we've got only bronze age Mycenaeans and some Iron age Thracians.
Those samples show high diversity especially the Thracian ones.
If we take the Mycenaeans as a reference, than I come up as 60% Micenaean like and 40% Belorussian like as you showed me using nMonte calculation on my Dodecad K12b results.
But if use that method, than many Albanians and Greeks would be heavily 'North European' influenced, anywhere from 5% up to 45%!

Coolguy1
10-09-2018, 06:17 PM
So what does it mean to be Paleo Balkan than and which ancient population can be reference for the ancient people right before the Slavs had settled in?
So far we've got only bronze age Mycenaeans and some Iron age Thracians.
Those samples show high diversity especially the Thracian ones.
If we take the Mycenaeans as a reference, than I come up as 60% Micenaean like and 40% Belorussian like as you showed me using nMonte calculation on my Dodecad K12b results.
But if use that method, than many Albanians and Greeks would be heavily 'North European' influenced, anywhere from 5% up to 45%!

[1] "distance%=2.9259 / distance=0.029259"

Aspar_T755894

Minoan_Lasithi (N=5) 51.2
Belorussian (N=3) 39.2
Catacomb_Culture_F999946 9.6

Here is your nmonte. No present day Balkan population is close to ancient Balkans populations. The populations that have preserved themselves the most are Lakonian Maniots, Apulians, and some islander groups. The Thracian samples are extremely damaged and erratic, the Mycenaean and Minoan samples are good quality and could be used as a proxy for the ancient Balkans.

catgeorge
10-09-2018, 06:21 PM

Not really.

You don't know a natives results if you think this is native.

catgeorge
10-09-2018, 06:26 PM

Not really.

Jana
10-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Not really.

You don't know a natives results if you think this is native.

Show us Macedonian Greek Myorigins pls

TrulyBliss
10-09-2018, 06:35 PM
[1] "distance%=2.9259 / distance=0.029259"

Aspar_T755894

Minoan_Lasithi (N=5) 51.2
Belorussian (N=3) 39.2
Catacomb_Culture_F999946 9.6

Here is your nmonte. No present day Balkan population is close to ancient Balkans populations. The populations that have preserved themselves the most are Lakonian Maniots, Apulians, and some islander groups. The Thracian samples are extremely damaged and erratic, the Mycenaean and Minoan samples are good quality and could be used as a proxy for the ancient Balkans.

The Mycenaean Samples are a good proxy for Peloponnese, not the entire Balkans. These was surely a natural curve of autosomal admixture in the Balkans as there is today. In Diber for example, all samples I've seen so far are more south and western shifted than other populations at the same latitude. I have also noticed that there is virtually no Slavic admixture in the results. However, we plot further North of Peloponnese even-though we show very close affinities to modern Peloponnese. If we use Diber as a close proxy of ancient genome of Albania and Macedonia, I imagine a lot of that Eastern European would drop. I believe a lot of this Eastern-Europe showing up in calculators for Macedonia, Bulgaria, and even Serbia is really native and misrepresented. Not all of it. At least some of it.

Papastratosels26
10-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Show us Macedonian Greek Myorigins plsIn 2 months I do a test.

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 06:39 PM

Never ask Catgeorge to classify, he is Anatolian himself... He thinks we are Aliens while those two are Ancient Macedonians:

Pavlopulos, president of Greece

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Prokopis_Pavlopoulos_2016-01-15.jpg/220px-Prokopis_Pavlopoulos_2016-01-15.jpg

Saharid Nazi from Golden Dawn... can you imagine... HE IS NAZI from SAHARA hahahahha

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Ilias_Kasidiaris_b_Mar_2016_%28cropped%29.jpg/220px-Ilias_Kasidiaris_b_Mar_2016_%28cropped%29.jpg

Coolguy1
10-09-2018, 06:40 PM
The Mycenaean Samples are a good proxy for Peloponnese, not the entire Balkans. These was surely a natural curve of autosomal admixture in the Balkans as there is today. In Diber for example, all samples I've seen so far are more south and western shifted than other populations at the same latitude. I have also noticed that there is virtually no Slavic admixture in the results. However, we plot further North of Peloponnese even-though we show very close affinities to modern Peloponnese. If we use Diber as a close proxy of ancient genome of Albania and Macedonia, I imagine a lot of that Eastern European would drop. I believe a lot of this Eastern-Europe showing up in calculators for Macedonia, Bulgaria, and even Serbia is really native and misrepresented. Not all of it. At least some of it.

There would be a curve, and the further north you go the autosomal structure would certainly change, but not by much. At this period of time, Europe from Germany to the Balkans was very similar in genetic makeup. Check out the neolithic German and central European samples for example. The ancient inhabitants of Albania could probably have been modeled as 90% Mycenaeans and 10% WHG, shifting them slightly northwest which would explain the difference between Greeks and Albanians today. But no way do I think any modern Balkan population is unchanged.

TrulyBliss
10-09-2018, 06:41 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/rmJkfNtt/ftdna.png (https://postimg.cc/qhzSRnwk)
https://i.postimg.cc/P5wngjwH/Ancient_Origins.png (https://postimg.cc/jDt1fBc3)photo upload site (https://postimages.org/)

Looking at the first results, there is not much difference in our results.
But looking at 'my ancient origins' results, it seems I am a bit more 'farmer' and 'metal age invader' influenced than him while Vojnik is more 'hunter gatherer' influenced than me and that is visible in our gedmatch results.
Probably 'my ancient origins' results are more relevant than 'my origins'!

I think, the 'East Euro' in Macedonians varies from 10 to 30 percent.

It would then be 0-30%. In Northwestern Macedonia they don't show much if at all Easten European. I was under the impression that Eastern European increases as you reach North West border of Serbia-Bulgaria. Is there another curve towards Aegean Macedonia? Since you both have origins from Aegean Macedonia?

TrulyBliss
10-09-2018, 06:47 PM
There would be a curve, and the further north you go the autosomal structure would certainly change, but not by much. At this period of time, Europe from Germany to the Balkans was very similar in genetic makeup. Check out the neolithic German and central European samples for example. The ancient inhabitants of Albania could probably have been modeled as 90% Mycenaeans and 10% WHG, shifting them slightly northwest which would explain the difference between Greeks and Albanians today. But no way do I think any modern Balkan population is unchanged.

I would take the proxy from 1 AD and not Neolithic. 1 AD would show a close approximation of the population per-invasion of the 5th centuries. As there was contestant movement from north-into south, which would have naturally shifted the Balkans north over time. Neolithic and Iron age samples would not be a good approximation for that.

Aspar
10-09-2018, 06:54 PM
It would then be 0-30%. In Northwestern Macedonia they don't show much if at all Easten European. I was under the impression that Eastern European increases as you reach North West border of Serbia-Bulgaria. Is there another curve towards Aegean Macedonia? Since you both have origins from Aegean Macedonia?

Hmm, that's interesting.
Do you have any results of Macedonians from Nort-West of Macedonia?
If there are results of Macedonians from those region without any 'East Euro' than it seems that this 'South East Euro' category is heavily based upon results of Albanian people.
Obviously, Macedonians from North West Macedonia, would be closer related to Albanians than Macedonians of other region hence results without 'East Euro'!

Btw, all my great grandparents come from very small region around Gevgelija, and two small towns now in Greece but still very close to the border, with only but one great grandparent from East Thrace!

catgeorge
10-09-2018, 06:55 PM

No need his result is typical Bulgarian not typical south european native.

Coolguy1
10-09-2018, 06:57 PM
I would take the proxy from 1 AD and not Neolithic. 1 AD would show a close approximation of the population per-invasion of the 5th centuries. As there was contestant movement from north-into south, which would have naturally shifted the Balkans north over time. Neolithic and Iron age samples would not be a good approximation for that.

If you have samples from 1 AD then id like to see them. As for now Im assuming that the ancient inhabitants of Albania were Mycenaean like with a WHG shift, which seems to be reasonable. Im also a proponent of an extra wave of steppe like admixture into the Balkans which would have introduced the Dorians into Greece and certainly shifted proto-Albanians north as well. After that, we cant deny that the Slavs had a impact, some regions affected more than others. Perhaps Dibra preserved itself more than others, id like to see some gedmatch kits from there if you have any.

Jana
10-09-2018, 06:57 PM
No need his result is typical Bulgarian not typical south european native.

I don't think so. Only typical for Bulgarians with Aegan Macedonian ancestry, as Pelikarski stated. His Eastern European is very low for a South Slav and I think average Bulgarian would score more.
BTW, Macedonian Greeks would score similar amount.

Coolguy1
10-09-2018, 07:01 PM
I don't think so. Only typical for Bulgarians with Aegan Macedonian ancestry, as Pelikarski stated. His Eastern European is very low for a South Slav and I think average Bulgarian would score more.

I dont think so. Macedonian Greeks would be more southern shifted, at least the native Greek speaking ones from Chalkidiki and other areas such as Naoussa and Katerini, the actual core ancient Macedonian regions.

catgeorge
10-09-2018, 07:01 PM

Macedonian Greek frequency in all tests East European does not exceed 5-7%. You are making things up

Papastratosels26
10-09-2018, 07:02 PM
I dont think so. Macedonian Greeks would be more southern shifted, at least the native Greek speaking ones from Chalkidiki and other areas such as Naoussa and Katerini, the actual core ancient Macedonian regions.In 2 months I take the test. Let's see.

Coolguy1
10-09-2018, 07:02 PM
In 2 months I take the test. Let's see.

And where exactly is your family from?

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 07:03 PM
In 2 months I take the test. Let's see.

You look like I2 xD better don't take it...they will denounce you as Slav xD

Jana
10-09-2018, 07:03 PM
Macedonian Greek frequency in all tests East European does not exceed 5-7%. You are making things up

It would be better to show us their FTDNA. Not 23andme, where even SW Slavs score minor eastern european, because they are part of balkan reference set.

Papastratosels26
10-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Paternal:Edessa and Naousa.
Maternal:Germany not Greek

Papastratosels26
10-09-2018, 07:05 PM
You look like I2 xD better don't take it...they will denounce you as Slav xDWell. We will see thatxD

catgeorge
10-09-2018, 07:05 PM
It wouzld be better to show us their FTDNA. Not 23andme, where even SW Slavs score minor eastern european, because they are part of balkan reference set.

There are a plethora of results all over the forum I am sure you can find them. This is not native south european - this person is of a totally separate race. He would be closer to Kosovars and Bulgarians

Coolguy1
10-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Paternal:Edessa and Naousa.
Maternal:Germany not Greek

Did your Maceodonian side speak Slavic or Greek? What villages are they from?

Papastratosels26
10-09-2018, 07:10 PM
Greek. I don't wanna give more personal informations in a forum. Sorry.
Did your Maceodonian side speak Slavic or Greek? What villages are they from?

Aspar
10-09-2018, 07:12 PM
I dont think so. Macedonian Greeks would be more southern shifted, at least the native Greek speaking ones from Chalkidiki and other areas such as Naoussa and Katerini, the actual core ancient Macedonian regions.

Not really...
A Greek from Thassos island who has posted his results on Anthrogenica and here on this forum were posted by a Greek user:

A Greek result from Thasos I found:
Southern Europe 49%, Asia Minor 35%, Eastern Europe 16%
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/GR_Thassos.PNG/230px-GR_Thassos.PNG

Coolguy1
10-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Not really...
A Greek from Thasos island who has posted his results on Anthrogenica and here on this forum were posted by a Greek user:

Thats from before the update... notice how southeastern European isnt even an option.

Aspar
10-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Thats from before the update... notice how southeastern European isnt even an option.

Yeah, you are wright, I didn't notice that but I still don't think that a native Greek from the regions you've mentioned, won't score any East Euro.
We had a Greek member here who was half Peloponnesian and the other half from Katerini if I remember right and he still had East Euro affinity.
His ancestry report from Lukasz Macuga is still available on this forum and he's got around 15% Ukraine with penalty=0, for deeper resolution.
Much like me

Coolguy1
10-09-2018, 07:25 PM
Yeah, you are wright, I didn't notice that but I still don't think that a native Greek from the regions you've mentioned, won't score any East Euro.
We had a Greek member here who was half Peloponnesian and the other half from Katerini if I remember right and he still had East Euro affinity.
His ancestry report from Lukasz Macuga is still available on this forum and he's got around 15% Ukraine with penalty=0, for deeper resolution.
Much like me

Every Balkanite has Slavic ancestry. Slavic speakers obviously have more than Greeks and Albanians. And if you are talking about Kouros, I have his gedmatch results and he comes out very close to the Thessalian reference.

catgeorge
10-09-2018, 07:29 PM
Every Balkanite has Slavic ancestry. Slavic speakers obviously have more than Greeks and Albanians. And if you are talking about Kouros, I have his gedmatch results and he comes out very close to the Thessalian reference.

Not me and I don't claim I am 100% indigenous. I definitely have heavy Celto-Goth ancestry like many other Northern Greeks and were in Byzantine several hundred years before the arrival of the Cuman-Tatar slavs.
I guess we were put in North Greece as a balancing act to break their heads and drink their blood if they attempt to harm Greece.

Aspar
10-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Ok, updated results of a Northern Greek I've found on this forum:

Here are my results

European 79%
Southeast Europe 57%
East Europe 17% (!)
Iberian 7%
Middle Eastern 19%
Asia Minor 19%
Trace results
West and Central Europe <2%

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Catgeorge you dumbass. Greeks score as much east euro as me, or close to.

I'l post it again. Look at this greeks results. Same south east euro as me. and a little bit less east euro as me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFB4L-yUFQc&amp;t=43s

The difference is that this Greek looks like he has some gypsy. 4% south asian.

Dick
10-09-2018, 09:36 PM
cestitki za golemata pobedatata

Bosniensis
10-09-2018, 09:37 PM

Macedonian is beautiful, it's like Serbian but spoken in the way to sound funny xD

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 09:38 PM
Ok, updated results of a Northern Greek I've found on this forum:

There you go. End of story for these Greeks who think they are 100% pure GRKS.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 09:44 PM

Fala (a ne hvala) za porakatatatatata.

arkas
10-09-2018, 09:45 PM
There you go. End of story for these Greeks who think they are 100% pure GRKS.

I don't think it's the majority, who think like that.

Vojnik
10-09-2018, 09:49 PM
I don't think it's the majority, who think like that.

Majority think they are superior, like you, you greek cunt. :P

arkas
10-09-2018, 09:53 PM
Majority think they are superior, like you, you greek cunt. :P

You can't help it when you don't have barbarian DNA.

Crn Volk
10-09-2018, 10:10 PM
Yeah, Transitional between me and Commonsense would also be Gorani people and Serbs from Kosovo.

I'd also be interested to see results from Macedonians in Kumanovo. I think they would even get slightly more East Euro then me. As i mostly originate from Northern Greece.

I agree with the continuum.

Former TA user Dusan comes from Kumanovo and his results were closer to 50/50. I’m sure there’re posted here somewhere. His Y DNA was EV13 and was classified as Norid.

Aspar
10-09-2018, 10:29 PM
Former TA user Dusan comes from Kumanovo and his results were closer to 50/50. I’m sure there’re posted here somewhere. His Y DNA was EV13 and was classified as Norid.

Those results might have been before the update.
I don't think there is such a difference in such a small country as Macedonia unless that guy has Serbian ancestry which might explain his elevated East Euro.
There are many Serbs living in and around Kumanovo.

Crn Volk
10-09-2018, 10:51 PM
Those results might have been before the update.
I don't think there is such a difference in such a small country as Macedonia unless that guy has Serbian ancestry which might explain his elevated East Euro.
There are many Serbs living in and around Kumanovo.

Possibly. His mother was from Prilep I believe and he identified as Macedonian with Bulgarian ancestry.

Vojnik
10-10-2018, 07:11 AM

Yes i remember that bastard. Everyone said we looked alike. But that he was a blond version.

Vojnik
10-10-2018, 07:12 AM
Possibly. His mother was from Prilep I believe and he identified as Macedonian with Bulgarian ancestry.

He was a weird troll character.

Crn Volk
10-10-2018, 08:52 AM
He was a weird troll character.

Yeah he permabanned me at one point.

Vojnik
10-10-2018, 08:58 AM
Yeah he permabanned me at one point.

Forgot he was even a mod haha.

pelikarski
10-10-2018, 12:44 PM

The Bulgarian ethnic territory is much larger than the current borders of Bulgaria. Bulgarians from Aegeean Macedonia are mostly native Balkanite and would score low Eastern European. The reverse, Bulgarians from Bessarabia will score very high Eastern European.
Bulgarians users here are not into genetics, I also am not knowledgeable about genetics, there's an user Jizo on anthroscape, who posts on anthroscape but not here.

Bulgarians from Shopluk, SW Bulgaria, autosomally score similar to Serbs having more East Euro than S.Euro
http://dnagenealogy-bg.org/mybb/showthread.php?tid=576

By the way, if you think your Slavic outweight your native ancestry is superior, you're kind of retard, considering pre-Slavic balkanic populations had civilizations, laws, functioning cities. Slavs at that time were...ehh

Mingle
10-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Yeah he permabanned me at one point.Really?? What was the reason for that?

Btw, I think I remember hearing someone (you?) on this forum say he was not really Macedonian.

I also remember Dusan saying Macedonians were ethnic Bulgarian when he first joined but then suddenly had a complete 180 view.

Crn Volk
10-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Really?? What was the reason for that?

Btw, I think I remember hearing someone (you?) on this forum say he was not really Macedonian.

I also remember Dusan saying Macedonians were ethnic Bulgarian when he first joined but then suddenly had a complete 180 view.

Yeah he changed ethnicities like people change their socks.

He banned me because I didn’t agree with him basically.

Mingle
10-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Yeah he changed ethnicities like people change their socks.

He banned me because I didn’t agree with him basically.What was the disagreement about if you don't mind saying?

So basically, he actually was from Macedonia but he would sometimes pretend to be other ethnicities?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Crn Volk
10-10-2018, 10:12 PM
What was the disagreement about if you don't mind saying?

So basically, he actually was from Macedonia but he would sometimes pretend to be other ethnicities?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

He was a troll. In the end he said he didn't really strongly identify with any ethnicity - kind of like a Communist.
The disagreements were about Macedonians being Bulgarians and how Macedonia shouldn't exist as a country. I constantly refuted his arguments, which he didn't like. He finally got to be Mod and used his powers to ban me. Loki unbanned me about a year later.

TrulyBliss
10-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Hmm, that's interesting.
Do you have any results of Macedonians from Nort-West of Macedonia?
If there are results of Macedonians from those region without any 'East Euro' than it seems that this 'South East Euro' category is heavily based upon results of Albanian people.
Obviously, Macedonians from North West Macedonia, would be closer related to Albanians than Macedonians of other region hence results without 'East Euro'!

Btw, all my great grandparents come from very small region around Gevgelija, and two small towns now in Greece but still very close to the border, with only but one great grandparent from East Thrace!

You can use my results as an example. Golloborda region is bilingual. The Gollobordan villages in Macedonia in large part are Orthodox and identify as Macedonian. I come from this bilingual area myself. Although I have to tell you that I don't think my FTDNA results are accurate at all. ALl over the place. I would need to literally be 1/4 Western European for that to make sense, which I'm not.

You mind sharing your 23andme results? as well as vojnik?

West and NorthWest Macedonians will have similar results. 0-30% range is normal divergence for any population I think. Compare Italy, Greece, Serbia. They have far more divergence.
https://i.imgur.com/K8uGV2B.png

TrulyBliss
10-12-2018, 10:26 PM
If you have samples from 1 AD then id like to see them. As for now Im assuming that the ancient inhabitants of Albania were Mycenaean like with a WHG shift, which seems to be reasonable. Im also a proponent of an extra wave of steppe like admixture into the Balkans which would have introduced the Dorians into Greece and certainly shifted proto-Albanians north as well. After that, we cant deny that the Slavs had a impact, some regions affected more than others. Perhaps Dibra preserved itself more than others, id like to see some gedmatch kits from there if you have any.

I can show you my fathers and Dibrans father k36. Dibran was a member here. Kelmendasi also has his uncles results, if he wants to share for comparison. As I told Aspar, I don't think my FTDNA results are accurate. These two are from 23andme.

My fathers
https://i.imgur.com/Fy8P0fU.png

Dibrans father
https://i.imgur.com/Qy6pxs3.jpg

Aspar
10-20-2018, 05:35 PM
You can use my results as an example. Golloborda region is bilingual. The Gollobordan villages in Macedonia in large part are Orthodox and identify as Macedonian. I come from this bilingual area myself. Although I have to tell you that I don't think my FTDNA results are accurate at all. ALl over the place. I would need to literally be 1/4 Western European for that to make sense, which I'm not.

You mind sharing your 23andme results? as well as vojnik?

West and NorthWest Macedonians will have similar results. 0-30% range is normal divergence for any population I think. Compare Italy, Greece, Serbia. They have far more divergence.
https://i.imgur.com/K8uGV2B.png

No, I haven't tested with 23andme, maybe in future I will test some of my parents with 23andme.