PDA

View Full Version : Are Egyptians lightest Africans on average as a whole nation?

cyberlorian
10-12-2018, 09:53 PM
They seem to be genetically more West Eurasian and less SSA than the other nations in Africa.

Please discuss.

rein
10-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Is SSA an only source of ‘darkness’?

cyberlorian
10-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Is SSA an only source of ‘darkness’?

I that region, I think yes.

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 10:00 PM
lol huh, seems you are right. i looked up some egyptian reference populations and it seems that they are genetically usually 83-87% west eurasian... thats weird as fuck. i really thought they'd be more SSA LOL

anyway, yeah i think so. I think Algerians are up there too though.

me99
10-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Algerians are

Ayetooey
10-12-2018, 10:08 PM
I'd say Moroccans.

cyberlorian
10-12-2018, 10:12 PM
I'd say Moroccans.

But, Moroccans have less West Eurasian admixture and more SSA admixture when compared to Egyptians.

cyberlorian
10-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Algerians are

But Egyptians are genetically less SSA and more West Eurasian than Algerians.

Ayetooey
10-12-2018, 10:14 PM
But, Moroccans have less West Eurasian admixture and more SSA admixture when compared to Egyptians.

I'd assume they have more Euro admixture after the fall of islamic spain. There's some white looking moroccans.

I'd also put Berber Algerians before Egyptians, and Tunisians.

cyberlorian
10-12-2018, 10:17 PM
I'd assume they have more Euro admixture after the fall of islamic spain. There's some white looking moroccans.

I'd also put Berber Algerians before Egyptians, and Tunisians.

But, also include SSA admixture. It makes more difference than European admixture. Egyptians usually score more Caucasian and Southwest Asian than Morocccans and Moroccans usually score more SSA than Egyptians.

rein
10-12-2018, 10:17 PM
Egyptians are practically indistinguishable from South Levantines.

Ayetooey
10-12-2018, 10:20 PM
But, also include SSA admixture. It makes more difference than European admixture. Egyptians usually score more Caucasian and Southwest Asian than Morocccans and Moroccans usually score more SSA than Egyptians.

I'd need to see the specific numbers but slight SSA admixture isn't some death sentence lol. I'd imagine the Euro admixture Moroccans have makes up for the partial SSA admixture. Egyptians just look dark to me.

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 10:23 PM
I'd need to see the specific numbers but slight SSA admixture isn't some death sentence lol. I'd imagine the Euro admixture Moroccans have makes up for the partial SSA admixture. Egyptians just look dark to me.

I bet the reason Egyptians are dark is partially due to their higher SW asian, and lesser African ancestry. Arabs can tan VERY well. Egypt is fucking hot. Combine the two = boom, you have a brown nigga looking arab with curly black hair and thick black eyebrows

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Egyptians are practically indistinguishable from South Levantines.

really? lol. now im questioning all the people who classified me as egyptian before

rein
10-12-2018, 10:26 PM
really? lol. now im questioning all the people who classified me as egyptian before

Well, it also has Nubians in the south.

cyberlorian
10-12-2018, 10:26 PM

SSA among Moroccans is not so negligible. By the way, overall pigmentation difference between Europe and Middle East is far less than the overall pigmentation difference between Middle East and SSA.

cyberlorian
10-12-2018, 10:30 PM

https://www.eupedia.com/europe/autosomal_admixture_frequencies_by_country.shtml here, it looks like that Egyptians have 29 percent of Non Caucasoid admixture whereas Moroccans have 58 percent Non Caucasoid admixture.

Ayetooey
10-12-2018, 10:31 PM
SSA among Moroccans is not so negligible. By the way, overall pigmentation difference between Europe and Middle East is far less than the overall pigmentation difference between Middle East and SSA.

Regardless I've met a lot more White passing Moroccans than Egyptians. Egyptians have a specific look and never really pass as Euro, I've seen Moroccans who could pass as southern Iberian.

From what I've seen Moroccans plot to the North-West of Egyptians, which makes sense as they often have Euro admixture that Egyptians simply don't have.

CommonSense
10-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Algerians seem the lightest to me, based on the photos I've seen. It's just a personal opinion, and I've never really given this subject much thought.

Ayetooey
10-12-2018, 10:34 PM
I'll take back my initial statement though. I'd say Algerians are lighter than Moroccans and the rest of NA.

cyberlorian
10-12-2018, 10:38 PM
Regardless I've met a lot more White passing Moroccans than Egyptians. Egyptians have a specific look and never really pass as Euro, I've seen Moroccans who could pass as southern Iberian.

From what I've seen Moroccans plot to the North-West of Egyptians, which makes sense as they often have Euro admixture that Egyptians simply don't have.

I also think that Moroccans look more Western than Egyptians but I still think Egyptians might be lighter in terms of pigmentation (not more Euro or whiter). This is basically like Spniards are overall darker than Finns but Spaniards look more Western than Finns.

Ayetooey
10-12-2018, 10:39 PM
I also think that Moroccans look more Western than Egyptians but I still think Egyptians might be lighter in terms of pigmentation (not more Euro or whiter). This is basically like Spniards are overall darker than Finns but Spaniards look more Western than Finns.

If you're talking purely about pigmentation then yes you're probably right.

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Well, it also has Nubians in the south.

Well yeah, they also said that i looked more SSA than a average Egyptian. So i guess it does make sense in some way.

Infact, a girl that was either from Egypt, or has seen ALOT of Egyptians in her life. she was probably Maghrebi or Egyptian i dont remember.

She said, if she would see me on the street she would never guess me to be Egyptian. She said i looked very atypical there and that i looked too black/non-caucasoid.

so theres that, people here use labels they dont even know what the thing they are using even looks like xD its all rough estimates. But yeah, i dont doubt the fact that if i were tanned i wouldnt stick out in Egypt. I can get very dark naturally lmao

Cristiano viejo
10-12-2018, 11:32 PM
Algerians are.

Damião de Góis
10-12-2018, 11:32 PM
Probably kabyles, not counting euro-descended people born in Africa who probably consider themselves africans.

Seya
10-12-2018, 11:38 PM
algerians maybe..after egyptians. but egyptians can get pretty light. i've seen a few blonds and blue eyed ones, many are red-heards too. i haven't seen blond tunisians but they can get very light skin sometimes too.

Alberta
10-12-2018, 11:39 PM
afrikaners are.
All the others are more or less black (ssa).

rein
10-12-2018, 11:41 PM
afrikaners are.
All the others are more or less black (ssa).

Exceptions apply: Sandra Laing.

Alberta
10-12-2018, 11:46 PM
Exceptions apply: Sandra Laing.

nah south african blacks are lighter from that I have seen. She looks slight asian as mandela.
But im talking about this:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/32/81/da/3281dac90c368f0999348346f02ec429--genevieve-morton-summer-bikinis.jpg

rein
10-12-2018, 11:49 PM
nah south african blacks are lighter from that I have seen. She looks slight asian as mandela.

She has Afrikaner parents though.

Alberta
10-12-2018, 11:58 PM

https://gfx.omni.se/images/ea78a320-3999-4a37-9c71-c13cd9959a19?w=640

Its hard not to get blended indeed.

me99
10-13-2018, 12:36 AM
But Egyptians are genetically less SSA and more West Eurasian than Algerians.

They still look more lighter than Egyptians going by the pictures on this site.

Nazarene
10-13-2018, 01:05 AM
One of the lightest

Mingle
10-13-2018, 01:16 AM
I'd say Kabyles are the lightest Africans. If we were to base this off countries rather than ethnic groups though, then it'd probably be Tunisia since Morocco and especially Algeria have a lot of SSA influence in their southern/Saharan regions. Egypt??? They're arguably the darkest North Africans.

Congolese Rice
10-13-2018, 09:16 AM
yemeni is the lightest african

*swag*

Zroota
10-13-2018, 10:20 AM
Egyptians outside the film industry can be pretty dark.

I'd say Kabyles.

cyberlorian
10-13-2018, 10:24 AM
I'd say Kabyles are the lightest Africans. If we were to base this off countries rather than ethnic groups though, then it'd probably be Tunisia since Morocco and especially Algeria have a lot of SSA influence in their southern/Saharan regions. Egypt??? They're arguably the darkest North Africans.

Darkest North Africans? Sure? BUt they have the most West Eurasian and the least SSA admixture among all Africans. SUre, they look more Eastern than the other North Africans but I still think that they are lightest Africans as a whole nation.

Congolese Rice
10-13-2018, 10:25 AM
Darkest North Africans? Sure? BUt they have the most West Eurasian and the least SSA admixture among all Africans. SUre, they look more Eastern than the other North Africans but I still think that they are lightest Africans as a whole nation.

id say Morocco is probably the least caucasoid of them all. I dont know about Libya but yeah.

MsSPF
10-13-2018, 10:28 AM
Definitely not Egyptians although some of them can be extremely fair. They are as diverse than Moroccans when it comes to «pigmentation» despite having different facial features
The lightest in average are coastal Algerians, coastal Northern Tunisians and northern Moroccans (Riffian, Jebala + Fes)

cyberlorian
10-13-2018, 10:29 AM
id say Morocco is probably the least caucasoid of them all. I dont know about Libya but yeah.

In fact, Egyptians are North Africans one who has the least SSA and European admixture. However, they significantly have more Caucasus admixture than the other Africans (They have about 30 percent Caucasus admixture).

cyberlorian
10-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Definitely not Egyptians although some of them can be extremely fair. They are as diverse than Moroccans when it comes to «pigmentation» despite having different facial features
The lightest in average are coastal Algerians, coastal Northern Tunisians and northern Moroccans (Riffian, Jebala + Fes)

But when we think as a whole nation, I guess Egyptians would be the lightest. Egyptians are North Africans one who has the least SSA and European admixture. However, they significantly have more Caucasus admixture than the other Africans (They have about 30 percent Caucasus admixture).

MsSPF
10-13-2018, 10:36 AM
But when we think as a whole nation, I guess Egyptians would be the lightest. Egyptians are North Africans one who has the least SSA and European admixture. However, they significantly have more Caucasus admixture than the other Africans (They have about 30 percent Caucasus admixture).

Most of the time the SSA side doesn’t show physically on coastal Maghrebis.
I don’t know if you are familiar with North Africans but it might be due to climate adaptation.
Egypt is very hot and desertic, coastal Maghreb is Mediterranean and has mountains. Egyptians as a group are darker in average and they also have a lot of SSA minorities! Even Coptic Egyptians are in average darker (from my personal experience)

cyberlorian
10-13-2018, 10:39 AM
I don’t know if you are familiar with North Africans but it might be due to climate adaptation.
Egypt is very hot and desertic, coastal Maghreb is Mediterranean and has mountains. Egyptians as a group are darker in average and they also have a lot of SSA minorities! Even Coptic Egyptians are in average darker (from my personal experience)

But coastal Maghreb people usually have very little SSA.

Corporate_Demolisher
07-22-2021, 08:34 PM
TBH there's a lot of variety among Egyptians, coastal ones are more reddish-olive than brown and are what I would consider Caucasian.

Cristiano viejo
07-23-2021, 12:13 AM
The lighest Africans? lol, they are along Moroccans the darker North Africans.

Corporate_Demolisher
08-29-2021, 03:04 AM
Lol compared to other North Africans they are among the darkest even in coastal regions, Moroccans, Algerians, Tunisians and Libyans are all lighter than Egyptians.

Chocolate_Hound
11-20-2021, 04:51 AM
Non-SSA admixed Berbers are the whitest Africans hands down.

Chocolate_Hound
11-20-2021, 04:53 AM

Cops can actually be pretty light from what I've seen.

Odelia
11-20-2021, 04:57 AM
Egyptians are fucking mixed. The light ones are merely Levantines, Circassians and Armenians as well who immigrated there for some odd reason. Others would have distant Greek ancestry. But the majority are SSA influenced Arabians and whoever the natives of that region are. The true lightest Africans are Tunisians.

StonyArabia
11-20-2021, 05:52 AM
It’s Tunisians on average

Roy
11-20-2021, 05:59 AM
No.

mashail
11-20-2021, 06:46 AM
Egyptians are actually more West Asian/Caucasian than all of North Africa and they are the least mixed with SSA but very tanned, Egypt is very hot like Yemen and Kuwait.
I would say that the Copts and Mansoura are the lightest of the Egyptians, and the rest are really tanned like the Yemenis.
https://i.imgur.com/OqAKc0X.png

Yemenis
https://i.imgur.com/x9bvQIe.png
average copts look very West Asian
https://i.imgur.com/2wHeYOC.png

mashail
11-20-2021, 06:50 AM
Average Algerian are way lighter than Egyptians its like night and day.