PDA

View Full Version : Please Classify Actor Jeremy Strong

Anglojew
10-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Jeremy Strong(born December 25, 1978) is an American film, television, and stageactor.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTbeMkaj79BDwyMR9laKlaQHmLrkbF k3SeaHYvg7b1aIYL-UYDU

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQwAq92-L0pRAHuKAXkCbOuwfc6hABDu8ii7BSAzrR3ZGe8xnGH

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/succession.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

Aspirin
10-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Looks like a stereotypical jew

Anglojew
10-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Looks like a stereotypical jew

Yes. Very much but no known Jewish ancestry:

http://ethnicelebs.com/jeremy-strong

Must just be very Neolithic or from Phoenician tin-miners in Cornwall lol

Anglojew
10-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Double post

gıulıoımpa
10-15-2018, 11:08 AM
pseudo litorid look . he does look like a gracile version of Leonard Cohen

Aspirin
10-15-2018, 11:08 AM
Yes. Very much but no known Jewish ancestry:

http://ethnicelebs.com/jeremy-strong

Must just be very Neolithic or from Phoenician tin-miners in Cornwall lol

He looks practically like the statue from your Avatar. LMAO

Ayetooey
10-15-2018, 11:15 AM
It's probably worth mentioning that whilst he's British born, he's largely Irish by blood.

Either way he's atypical for a British or Irish person, he looks very Jewish.

Anglojew
10-15-2018, 11:32 AM
He looks practically like the statue from your Avatar. LMAO

So true

Anglojew
10-15-2018, 11:32 AM
It's probably worth mentioning that whilst he's British born, he's largely Irish by blood.

Must be an Irish Cohen

Grace O'Malley
10-15-2018, 11:47 AM

He's US born and and his family have been all US born for a few generations. He had a great great Grandfather who was born in Massachusetts, to Irish parents. The rest of his ancestry is English, Dutch and possibly other according to the link above. His grandmother has an Irish surname i.e. McCormack (not McCormick as stated in the link) but her parents were US born and her mother was Allison which is English/Scots and the father was also US born so Jeremy obviously has mixed British Isles ancestry and from that link it doesn't look like the majority is Irish.

As he is US born and so is his family for generations it is difficult to really say what his full ancestry is.

Not sure why he is being called British?

Ayetooey
10-15-2018, 11:53 AM
He's US born and and his family have been all US born for a few generations. He had a great great Grandfather who was born in Massachusetts, to Irish parents. The rest of his ancestry is English, Dutch and possibly other according to the link above. His grandmother has an Irish surname i.e. McCormack (not McCormick as stated in the link) but her parents were US born and her mother was Allison which is English/Scots and the father was also US born so Jeremy obviously has mixed British Isles ancestry and from that link it doesn't look like the majority is Irish.

As he is US born and so is his family for generations it is difficult to really say what his full ancestry is.

Because this is taxonomy, we classify based off ancestry not birth place lol he's not a native American classifying an American means nothing. It's like classifying Zlatan Ibrahimovic as a Swede lol or Sadiq Khan as English.

I never said he's majority Irish, I said he's largely Irish, as in it's a part of his ancestry that should be mentioned.

Grace O'Malley
10-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Because this is taxonomy, we classify based off ancestry not birth place lol he's not a native American classifying an American means nothing. It's like classifying Zlatan Ibrahimovic as a Swede lol or Sadiq Khan as English.

I never said he's majority Irish, I said he's largely Irish, as in it's a part of his ancestry that should be mentioned.

You did say "he's largely Irish ancestry" when he is of only partial Irish ancestry and majority and largely basically mean the same thing. You also said he was British born.

I think all ancestry should be mentioned but I'm just stating that his Irish ancestry is not his majority ancestry. He is American and people aren't classified as British unless they are fully British or preferably English or Scottish etc. All ancestry is mentioned if possible and this man is of mixed European ancestry. That's my opinion.

I've never noticed before that people would call an American British. He is a long term American for generations and they don't even know all his actual ancestry on the link posted above. I've seen people post classify American actor of x and x ancestry and no I haven't noticed it being common practice to call Americans British or Swedish or whatever else heritage they have on here. That's why I question him being listed as "British".

Someone like Sadiq Khan would be posted as a British born Pakistani.

Anglojew
10-17-2018, 01:59 AM

I thought I read he was British. My mistake

Kivan
10-17-2018, 07:47 AM
Litorid.