PDA

View Full Version : Which of these three mildly controversial statements do you agree with?

Tooting Carmen
10-17-2018, 05:42 AM
(1) More Iberians, Southern Italians and Greeks can pass in Turkey and the Levant than in Scandinavia.

(2) More Burmese and Malaysians can pass in Bangladesh, Nepal and Northeast India than in Japan and Korea.

(3) More Pakistanis and NW Indians can pass in Iran and Afghanistan than in Sri Lanka and the Maldives.

Tooting Carmen
10-17-2018, 05:53 AM
Don't know, but better someone call the bizzies cuz this is a highly controversial matter indeed. Beware Tooting, beware of silent dogs and still waters.

Surely you can at least answer the first point if not so much the other two, couldn't you?

Pitsa
10-17-2018, 07:13 AM
I don't find these statements controversial at all, just stupid.

Is this really all that's on your my mind 24/7?

Kamal900
10-17-2018, 07:35 AM
(3). The South Asian admixture in Iran is around 16 to 20% which is very significant in comparison to other MENA peoples.

Thambi
10-17-2018, 07:50 AM
(2) Bangladesh not so much but they could definitely pass with ease in northeast india and nepal over japan/korea. Burmese especially are almost identical to northeast indians. Malaysians could pass in both areas and maybe parts of bangladesh as well.

(1) I'm not sure about this
(3) Definitely not.

Regnera
10-17-2018, 09:17 AM
1 and 3

gıulıoımpa
10-17-2018, 10:10 AM
from the first statement you seem to imagine Turkey much darker than it actually is.

either way there is a lot of separation between light and dark types in Southern italy and light Southern italians look more balkan than other stuff i would say. minority is Hallstatt and can pass in scandinavia

Tooting Carmen
10-17-2018, 10:18 AM
I visited Istanbul six years ago, so I know how Turks look. I agree that they are noticeably lighter and more Euro-shifted than Palestinians and Jordanians, but not so dramatically different to quite a few Lebanese and Syrians.

Kivan
10-17-2018, 10:24 AM
I visited Istanbul six years ago, so I know how Turks look. I agree that they are noticeably lighter and more Euro-shifted than Palestinians and Jordanians, but not so dramatically different to quite a few Lebanese and Syrians.

:picard1:

Seems like you don't know much how Turks, Syrians, Lebanese, et look like then.

Istanbul is full of immigrants from other regions, Kurds, Arabs, Bosnians, gypsies, etc. It's not a good place to tell how Turks look like at all. We don't look like Lebanese neither Syrians, troll. Turkey is today is full of Syrian refugees and they stick out like a sore thumb, especially when they are in group.

Last time i checked, you were comparing us to Indians. Then i don't need to take your opinion seriously.

Tooting Carmen
10-17-2018, 10:34 AM
from the first statement you seem to imagine Turkey much darker than it actually is.

either way there is a lot of separation between light and dark types in Southern italy and light Southern italians look more balkan than other stuff i would say. minority is Hallstatt and can pass in scandinavia

So what would be your answer to point (1)?

pelikarski
10-17-2018, 10:40 AM

Istanbul is full of immigrants from other regions, Kurds, Arabs, Bosnians, gypsies, etc. It's not a good place to tell how Turks look like at all. We don't look like Lebanese neither Syrians, troll. Turkey is today is full of Syrian refugees and they stick out like a sore thumb, especially when they are in group.

Last time i checked, you were comparing us to Indians. Then i don't need to take your opinion seriously.
I agree. Taking Istanbul as a reference for Turkish look, would be the same as pointing London for average Englishman
Would cities like Izmir or Bursa be more representative of average Turk?

gıulıoımpa
10-17-2018, 10:42 AM
So what would be your answer to point (1)?

i like to argument , what i find too potentially arbitrary to answer with my knowledge

Kivan
10-17-2018, 10:54 AM
I agree. Taking Istanbul as a reference for Turkish look, would be the same as pointing London for average Englishman
Would cities like Izmir or Bursa be more representative of average Turk?

Bursa and Izmir also have immigrants. But they would be better references if compared to Istanbul, at least. It's hard to tell what would be an "average Turk". The local population in my region look noticeable different from the people in the Eastern-Black Sea coast, for instance. Turkey is not small country with a homogenous population, like many European countries.

Loki
10-17-2018, 11:59 AM

Hey, watch your mouth. You can disagree with him without using such aggressive language.

Tooting Carmen
10-17-2018, 05:05 PM
bump

Hadouken
10-17-2018, 05:34 PM
(3). The South Asian admixture in Iran is around 16 to 20% which is very significant in comparison to other MENA peoples.

wrong

12-14 % or so on average

Tooting Carmen
10-18-2018, 05:53 PM
bump

Tooting Carmen
10-23-2018, 08:28 PM
bump

arkas
10-23-2018, 10:16 PM
(1) More Iberians, Southern Italians and Greeks can pass in Turkey and the Levant than in Scandinavia.

(2) More Burmese and Malaysians can pass in Bangladesh, Nepal and Northeast India than in Japan and Korea.

(3) More Pakistanis and NW Indians can pass in Iran and Afghanistan than in Sri Lanka and the Maldives.

(1) Yes, but I don't see it as controversial, I think that it's obvious and Turkey is in large part a Meditteranean country with many having ancestry from the Balkans and Anatolian Greeks. A lot of the lighter Greeks and Italians don't pass in Scandanavia already though, imo.

(2) Yes and no, yes with Burmese passing in most of North East India but not so much other regions and I'm not too sure about Malays. Some of NE Indian and especially Nepalis have more Tibetan influence which really looks different to Malay and Burmese people imo, so they don't pass well in either regions.

(3) I am not sure.

Sikeliot
10-23-2018, 10:18 PM
1. In terms of passing in the most basic way, yes. However, I would argue that apart from Sicily/Calabria and Malta, and probably Dodecanese islands, very few Iberians/Italians/Greeks actually LOOK Levantine.

2. Agree.

3. Disagree.

Rgvgjhvv
10-23-2018, 10:25 PM
1. Agree
2. Agree x1 million
3. Disagree

CommonSense
10-23-2018, 10:32 PM
1. Strongly agree
2. Not knowledgable enough to answer, sorry
3. Disagree

Tooting Carmen
10-26-2018, 10:58 AM
1. In terms of passing in the most basic way, yes. However, I would argue that apart from Sicily/Calabria and Malta, and probably Dodecanese islands, very few Iberians/Italians/Greeks actually LOOK Levantine.

2. Agree.

3. Disagree.

(1) Granted, but still more people from those groups (plus also maybe Albanians and even a minority of Balkan Slavs and Romanians, for that matter) could pass at least atypically in the Levant than in Scandinavia.

(2) Fine.

(3) Do you honestly think that Pakistanis overlap more with Sri Lankans than with their Iranian and Afghan neighbours, especially considering the shared ethnic groups like Pashtuns and Balochis?

lameduck
10-26-2018, 11:03 AM
(1) Granted, but still more people from those groups (plus also maybe Albanians and even a minority of Balkan Slavs and Romanians, for that matter) could pass at least atypically in the Levant than in Scandinavia.

(2) Fine.

(3) Do you honestly think that Pakistanis overlap more with Sri Lankans than with their Iranian and Afghan neighbours, especially considering the shared ethnic groups like Pashtuns and Balochis?

tbh with you iranians are even out of questions , they are too MENA looking for Pakistanis to pass among them. East Afghanistan Yes there is a link but I would say even there are differences. A light Pakistani man I havent seen iranian and even Afghans looking like him he looks distinctively from North Pakistan.

https://i.dawn.com/primary/2018/03/5ab31c7634625.jpg

The Blade
10-26-2018, 02:35 PM
Disagree with 3.
Partly agree with 1 (I find it true for Southern Italians, not so much for Greeks and wrong about Iberians).
Will refrain from commenting 2.

Hadouken
10-26-2018, 08:19 PM
tbh with you iranians are even out of questions , they are too MENA looking for Pakistanis to pass among them. East Afghanistan Yes there is a link but I would say even there are differences. A light Pakistani man I havent seen iranian and even Afghans looking like him he looks distinctively from North Pakistan.

https://i.dawn.com/primary/2018/03/5ab31c7634625.jpg

but pakistanis love iran :)

https://i.postimg.cc/FzHjQc28/pak.jpg

lameduck
10-26-2018, 11:15 PM
but pakistanis love iran :)

https://i.postimg.cc/FzHjQc28/pak.jpg

So, its just for religious reasons. I can show you tons of video from Pakistan where people from Turkey, iran , Algeria , Syria , Saudia arab are saying love Pakistan

Hadouken
10-26-2018, 11:19 PM
So, its just for religious reasons. I can show you tons of video from Pakistan where people from Turkey, iran , Algeria , Syria , Saudia arab are saying love Pakistan

of course . we all love each other <3

Tooting Carmen
12-19-2018, 01:45 AM
bump

LawrenceMartinez
12-19-2018, 02:00 AM

Iberians, Southern Italians, Greeks, Turks and Levantines are all predominantely mediterraneans, while Scandinavia is mostly Nordic and Baltic. This statement is not controversial at all.

Tooting Carmen
12-19-2018, 02:05 AM
Iberians, Southern Italians, Greeks, Turks and Levantines are all predominantely mediterraneans, while Scandinavia is mostly Nordic and Baltic. This statement is not controversial at all.

Believe me, in the context of fora such as this one, it is.

FinalFlash
12-19-2018, 02:12 AM
1. Turkey, yes. The Levant, maybe.
2. Agree
3. This, imo is far and away more nonsensical than number 1.

Joliemome
12-19-2018, 08:18 AM
I don't find these statements controversial at all, just stupid.

Is this really all that's on your my mind 24/7?
These people, who are not even fully Europeans, have nothing better to do in life than interrogating themselves and others about the race of Southern Europeans LOL

Tooting Carmen
01-08-2019, 05:45 PM
bump

Marinus
01-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Yes to no. 1 and 3, unsure about no. 2, but leaning towards yes.

Dna8
01-08-2019, 09:55 PM
In order of the strength of my agreement, strongest first: 3, 2, 1.

Cernunnos
01-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Agree about the first one, don't really know about the other 2.

Tooting Carmen
01-14-2019, 07:57 PM
bump

Tooting Carmen
02-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Bump

Tooting Carmen
02-06-2019, 07:11 PM
bump

Tooting Carmen
02-08-2019, 08:23 PM
bump