PDA

View Full Version : South Korea Economic Growth Forecast and US-China Trade Tension

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 01:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCkMXcbt2oU

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Thanks for this

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 01:46 PM
Thanks for this

You're welcome. I'll try to find more about this region.

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 02:00 PM
You're welcome. I'll try to find more about this region.

Most of the sources I read are in Korean , and I'm too lazy to translate/find English sources/explain the context/significance to post here, haha. Not sure how many people are interested in East Asian news, etc.

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 02:03 PM
Most of the sources I read are in Korean , and I'm too lazy to translate/find English sources/explain the context/significance to post here, haha. Not sure how many people are interested in East Asian news, etc.
I think people would be wise to follow the latest developments in that part of the world. I guess the East Asians are going to run the 21th century while the West is destroying itself (or at least hampering itself for a century or so to come).

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 02:05 PM
I think people would be wise to follow the latest developments in that part of the world. I guess the East Asians are going to run the 21th century while the West is destroying itself (or at least hampering itself for a century or so to come).

Perhaps you're right!

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Perhaps you're right!
I fear I might be.

Kamal900
10-17-2018, 02:10 PM

I'd rather have Japan taking the throne than China though. I admit, even I, who happened to be somewhat of a sinophile, feel that China is NOT an ideal business partner.

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 02:11 PM
I'd rather have Japan taking the throne than China though. I admit, even I, who happened to be somewhat of a sinophile, feel that China is NOT an ideal business partner.

Far from it. I think China resembles the Japanese Empire of the 1930s. Which was not a very nice neighbour to have.

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 02:12 PM

Abe is not good

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Abe is not good

No, he isn't. But he is damn sight better than whatever has been coming out of China since the end of the last Dynasty.

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 02:19 PM
No, he isn't. But he is damn sight better than whatever has been coming out of China since the end of the last Dynasty.

Time for the Koreans to take lead in the region :thumb001: But I think we all know China is the powerhouse. Nothing anyone can do about it lol. Way too powerful

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 02:28 PM
Time for the Koreans to take lead in the region :thumb001: But I think we all know China is the powerhouse. Nothing anyone can do about it lol. Way too powerful

South Korea, simply, isn't big enough to take the lead. A combination of South Korea, Taiwan, Japan and, perhaps, Singapore might work.

Kamal900
10-17-2018, 02:29 PM
South Korea, simply, isn't big enough to take the lead. A combination of South Korea, Taiwan, Japan and, perhaps, Singapore might work.

An Asian federation against china, lol. Just like power rangers and shit.

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 02:30 PM
An Asian federation against china, lol. Just like power rangers and shit.

Not a federation (that wouldn't work), but a coalition.

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 02:36 PM

100%

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 02:39 PM
100%

In fact, I believe that it might be interesting if the West could stimulate some of the more economically liberal areas of China (Hong Kong, the Ganzhou Area, Macao and Shanghai) to look more at their Asian neighbors than at Beijing.

Incal
10-17-2018, 02:49 PM

That would be the ideal scenario.

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 02:49 PM
In fact, I believe that it might be interesting if the West could stimulate some of the more economically liberal areas of China (Hong Kong, the Ganzhou Area, Macao and Shanghai) to look more at their Asian neighbors than at Beijing.

Interesting! I feel safer with China in charge over worldly things over the US though.

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 02:50 PM
That would be the ideal scenario.

Particularly, if you were to combine it with countries like Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States. You'd get a powerful block.

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 02:51 PM
Interesting! I feel safer with China in charge over worldly things over the US though.

I don't. My fiancee happens to be from the Philippines, so I see the rise of China from up close. For what I notice, the Filipinos seem to be deeply concerned about the Chinese situation. So, if we could either curtail or sabotage them, Asia would be a safer place.

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 02:59 PM
I don't. My fiancee happens to be from the Philippines, so I see the rise of China from up close. For what I notice, the Filipinos seem to be deeply concerned about the Chinese situation. So, if we could either curtail or sabotage them, Asia would be a safer place.

I can say the same about myself and the US haha. China comes across as extremely business-savvy and not as aggressive. I'll take that

Incal
10-17-2018, 03:00 PM
Particularly, if you were to combine it with countries like Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States. You'd get a powerful block.Indeed. But I'm not sure about the US, they don't like to play along... Maybe some sort of treaties at most...

Anyway, I'm also interested in what is happening in Asia ATM. Specially with Taiwan. I'm a huge fan I think that island will play a key role on the region's events.

Sent from my PRO 7 using Tapatalk

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 03:01 PM
I can say the same about myself and the US haha. China comes across as extremely business-savvy and not as aggressive. I'll take that

They are VERY aggressive in Asia. They have been occupying islands in the Philippines since 2011 or so.

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 03:03 PM
They are VERY aggressive in Asia. They have been occupying islands in the Philippines since 2011 or so.

I admittedly have NO CLUE about China-Philippines relations. All I know is from a Korean point of view, Japan is the one causing troubles.

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 03:05 PM
I admittedly have NO CLUE about China-Philippines relations. All I know is from a Korean point of view, Japan is the one causing troubles.

So say the Koreans. However: China has also been going after Japanese islands. And after Taiwan, Vietnam and even shown a strategic interest in islands in the Straits of Malacca. The Indonesians, too, hate their guts (probably even more than they hate us ! And that should tell you something..).

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 03:07 PM
So say the Koreans. However: China has also been going after Japanese islands. And after Taiwan, Vietnam and even shown a strategic interest in islands in the Straits of Malacca. The Indonesians, too, hate their guts (probably even more than they hate us ! And that should tell you something..).

Sounds like their relationship with SE Asian countries is very different from the NE nations. Interesting

Incal
10-17-2018, 03:08 PM
They are VERY aggressive in Asia. They have been occupying islands in the Philippines since 2011 or so.Not only that, it treats its own citizens like a police state. Did you read this? :

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

China disappearances show Beijing sets its own rules - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45806904

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Sounds like their relationship with SE Asian countries is very different from the NE nations. Interesting

They managed to piss off just about everyone in the region: from Japan to the Philippines, to Indonesia, they annoyed the Vietnamese, the Malaysians (who harbor traditional anti-Chinese sentiments and who seem to view them in much the same way as people here sometimes view the Jews only without any PC-notions), Indonesia, Singapore (even Chinese run Singapore is worried about them), Taiwan is self-explanatory.

Rgvgjhvv
10-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Not only that, it treats its own citizens like a police state. Did you read this? :

China disappearances show Beijing sets its own rules - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45806904

This is something, I think, many people know. Lots of corruption in China, but I have heard Xi Jinping is helping decrease that considerably since he's been in charge.

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Not only that, it treats its own citizens like a police state. Did you read this? :

None of that surprises me. Plus: they seem to have this whipped up hypernationalism going on. No, for all their ills: I think the U.S is still the better option. In Macao and Hong Kong they don't seem too happy with Beijing snuffing out their liberties either. And then we're not even talking about how the Mongols think about China, or the Ughyurs or the Tibetans. India, for all its posturing, isn't exactly pro-Chinese either and has been moving closer to the Western block. Remains: Pakistan and Afghanistan. They are moving swiftly into Central Asia now.

zarzian
10-17-2018, 03:28 PM

And people make too much of a Chinese threat, China is not imperialistic, has not invaded any country that wasn’t historically within their borders. At the end of the day China is at the mercy of the Banker controlled West for many reasons, one being that China is a net Energy Importer by a high margin and fuel prices and supply are controlled by Rothschield et al who also control the Chinese securities markets through subsidiary Market Maker corporations.

It was the Rothschield corporations that actually helped China become the powerhouse that it a today by opening millions of factories based on cheap labour and the Chinese are resourceful and intelligent and it wasent long before they were able to copy the technology and intellectual properties of these companies.

At the end of the day, militarily, the US is 50 years ahead of China so China has a long way to go before it can challenge for the number 1 position.

The Lawspeaker
10-17-2018, 03:35 PM
And people make too much of a Chinese threat, China is not imperialistic, has not invaded any country that wasn’t historically within their borders. At the end of the day China is at the mercy of the Banker controlled West for many reasons, one being that China is a net Energy Importer by a high margin and fuel prices and supply are controlled by Rothschield et al who also control the Chinese securities markets through subsidiary Market Maker corporations.

It was the Rothschield corporations that actually helped China become the powerhouse that it a today by opening millions of factories based on cheap labour and the Chinese are resourceful and intelligent and it wasent long before they were able to copy the technology and intellectual properties of these companies.

At the end of the day, militarily, the US is 50 years ahead of China so China has a long way to go before it can challenge for the number 1 position.
Except the Chinese have invaded other countries and are doing so now. Tibet, Korea, Xinjiang, Mongolia (Inner Mongolia is Mongolian) have all, at one time, been invaded by China (and most are still occupied today) and now they're going after the Philippines, Vietnam and even Japan and islands as far away as Indonesia.

1R0N M4N XL
10-23-2018, 02:20 AM

. they want to control the entire ocean, so the can built their silk road.. they want their neighbors to be their Tributary states...

they also want to control the ports of Thailand and Malaysia through debt trap... china now owns port in sri lanka and Africa.. they see Europe and America as their economic colony..

http://www.inpraiseofchina.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/China-Silk-Road-Map8.jpg

Japan, S.korea. Vietnam, Philippines, india, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Australia see china as a threat/enemy.. Thailand was near civil war/removing Chinese politicians.

S.korea and Japan has issues with comfort women in ww2, but both still see china as threat.

Rgvgjhvv
10-23-2018, 02:25 AM
. they want to control the entire ocean, so the can built their silk road.. they want their neighbors to be their Tributary states...

they also want to control the ports of Thailand and Malaysia through debt trap... china now owns port in sri lanka and Africa.. they see Europe and America as their economic colony..

http://www.inpraiseofchina.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/China-Silk-Road-Map8.jpg

Japan, S.korea. Vietnam, Philippines, india, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Australia see china as a threat/enemy.. Thailand was near civil war/removing Chinese politicians.

S.korea and Japan has issues with comfort women in ww2, but both still see china as threat.

I mean nobody likes a busy bossy neighbour.

1R0N M4N XL
10-23-2018, 02:26 AM

Tibetan was conquered and replaced with ethic Chinese... Taiwan used to be home of Austronesians ( but got displaced by Chinese immigration)… china also see Vietnam/korea/Siberia as their former territories which they invaded in the past china plans to invade Taiwan someday and they haven't forgotten ww2 with japan.

Chinese tried to invade the Philippines in 15-16 century but was killed of my spaniards..

1R0N M4N XL
10-23-2018, 02:45 AM
I mean nobody likes a busy bossy neighbour.

since you live in south korea.. i'm sure you know whats going on... especially with the thaad missiles that gotten china really mad.

arkas
10-23-2018, 02:59 AM

China also claims several regions of India and Bhutan to be apart of China, almost every country within China's vicinity they have territorial disputes with.

Chaos One
10-23-2018, 03:07 AM

That's why at some point I think they are shifting more and more into Central Asia (except maybe Uzbekistan and Afghanistan at all). I see some Tajikistan's government signals to ban islamic radicalism not only a national program but a sign to make better relations with China at all, and using this as a way to reach Middle East using a different way instead Pakistan only. This map shows it perfectly.

Rgvgjhvv
10-23-2018, 05:13 PM

That is just barely scraping the surface on Korea-Japan relations. There is much much more to it than that.