PDA

View Full Version : Does my brother looks caucasian?

Livin
10-18-2018, 05:04 PM
del

Livin
10-18-2018, 05:16 PM
Anyone?

TheMaestro
10-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Nice Mustache :D

Livin
10-18-2018, 05:39 PM
Nice Mustache :D

He is still a kido...

Papastratosels26
10-18-2018, 05:39 PM
No I don't think that he look Caucasian. Typical Greek face imo.

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Jana
10-18-2018, 05:40 PM
Unlike you, I think he looks Turkish.

Livin
10-18-2018, 05:40 PM

He looks more greek than me,thats for sure but he is brachy.

Livin
10-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Unlike you, I think he looks Turkish.

Well,i look turkish.I think he looks more Greek than me xd!

Jana
10-18-2018, 05:44 PM

You don't look Turkish at all! You look ancient Greek statue
ps your brother is cute, I don't mean offend him ( I know Pontians don't like Turks) just would guess him Turkish I think :)

Livin
10-18-2018, 05:46 PM
You don't look Turkish at all! You look ancient Greek statue
ps your brother is cute, I don't mean offend him ( I know Pontians don't like Turks) just would guess him Turkish I think :)

I have very wild features for ancient greek statue xd.I have big nose and my forerhead is kinda board and sloppy.

But okay your opinion is appreciated.You think he would never pass as a georgian or cisscarian?

Rgvgjhvv
10-18-2018, 05:47 PM

Ya I agree with this

Rgvgjhvv
10-18-2018, 05:47 PM

No you don't

Jana
10-18-2018, 05:48 PM
I have very wild features for ancient greek statue xd.I have big nose and my forerhead is kinda board and sloppy.

But okay your opinion is appreciated.You think he would never pass as a georgian or cisscarian?

I think yes he could.

Ride The Lightning
10-18-2018, 05:51 PM
He does, very much so.

Kivan
10-18-2018, 05:53 PM

Come on...

Livin
10-18-2018, 05:54 PM
I think yes he could.

What classification you give Jana?

I have to tell you that he is brachy skull shape unlike me.

Livin
10-18-2018, 05:56 PM
Come on...

What you think?And give classification plss.

Kivan
10-18-2018, 06:02 PM
What you think?And give classification plss.

Looks Alpine-Med with a slight West-Asian shift, judging by the photo.

I think he can pass in Caucasus easily, but doesn't look particularly Caucasian.

Marmara
10-18-2018, 06:06 PM
He doesn't have the stereotypical Caucasian look, and you look more stereotypical "Trabzonian" than him. I think he would pass Turkish and not necessarily as Trabzonian.

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 06:08 PM
I think he can pass

But yeah you are right he seems even less exotic for Greece than you
but can pass in Caucasus or Turkey without trouble i believe

He doesn't have the stereotypical Caucasian look, and you look more stereotypical "Trabzonian" than him. I think he would pass Turkish and not necessarily as Trabzonian.

I thought more or less the same

Yeah Livin has more stereotypical Pontic look than his brother

Both are familar among Pontic Greeks and his brother doesn't stick realy out among other
Greeks or Western Turks"i believe" neither

Livin
10-18-2018, 06:12 PM
I think he can pass

But yeah you are right he seems even less exotic for Greece than you
but can pass in Caucasus or Turkey without trouble i believe

I thought more or less the same

Yeah Livin has more stereotypical Pontic look than his brother

Both are familar among Pontic Greeks and his brother doesn't stick realy out among other

He is fair skin(almost pale) and his hair colour is dark brown to almost black.

Brachy skull/nose a little bit hyperleptorihne and he is 1.90 height.

Thats why i opened this!

Jana
10-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Perhaps Asian Alpine with bit of Pontid and Kavkazid.

Livin
10-18-2018, 06:18 PM
Perhaps Asian Alpine with bit of Pontid and Kavkazid.

I agree.Ty!!!

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 06:21 PM
I agree.Ty!!!

Maybe you should do a thread and ask if he pass in Sicily

That could be interesting

Marmara
10-18-2018, 06:23 PM

You people exaggerate Eastern and Western difference extremely.

No Turk looks "Stereotypically Western" unless they are light European looking, and no Turk looks stereotypical Eastern unless they look Armenian or Kurdish.

He doesn't look "Western", he could be from any Anatolian province.

Livin
10-18-2018, 06:23 PM
Maybe you should do a thread and ask if he pass in Sicily

That could be interesting

I dont think he passes there.I am passing a lot of easier than him!

My mother i think can pass easy in Sicily and whole south europe without problem.

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 06:25 PM
looks turkish imo

Livin
10-18-2018, 06:26 PM
looks turkish imo

Kurdish?

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 06:28 PM
Kurdish?

would pass but more turkish

in your case it is the other way around . you pass very well as kurdish or a darker Laz but could also be turkish

Livin
10-18-2018, 06:30 PM
Ok cool guys.Ty for answers... i am off for beer.

Cheers to everyone!

Marmara
10-18-2018, 06:32 PM
would pass but more turkish

in your case it is the other way around . you pass very well as kurdish or a darker Laz but could also be turkish

Darker Laz = Pontian

Most people aren't aware and now i realize in this forum that the darker people from Trabzon are Pontian in origin.

Most people assume whole Trabzon is Laz.

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 06:33 PM
You people exaggerate Eastern and Western difference extremely.

No Turk looks "Stereotypically Western" unless they are light European looking, and no Turk looks stereotypical Eastern unless they look Armenian or Kurdish.

He doesn't look "Western", he could be from any Anatolian province.

I'm not exaggerating i only thought so far that he can pass or fit well among Turks in the Western region in places like Istanbul and so on
and that Livin looks more distinct or steortypical for the Pontus region both as a Greek or as Turk not that Inland Turks have to look different
from his brother

Livin
10-18-2018, 06:34 PM
Darker Laz = Pontian

Most people aren't aware and now i realize in this forum that the darker people from Trabzon are Pontian in origin.

Most people assume whole Trabzon is Laz.

The big genetic diffrence between laz and pontians is that lazs have more steppe admixture when pontians have more neolithic anatolian.

They are whiter than us and we are more med looking due to neolithic anatolian etc.

I have seen lazs looking close to Pontians indeed,but i have seen Lazs that would never pass for Pontians.

Anyway!!!

Marmara
10-18-2018, 06:37 PM
The big genetic diffrence between laz and pontians is that lazs have more steppe admixture when pontians have more neolithic anatolian.

They are whiter than us and we are more med looking due to neolithic anatolian etc.

I have seen lazs looking close to Pontians indeed,but i have seen Lazs that would never pass for Pontians.

Anyway!!!

You guys have no Steppe admixture :D Pontians score 0% North European and it's crazy. Average Anatolian gets around 10-20%, don't know Lazes.

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 06:42 PM
You guys have no Steppe admixture :D Pontians score 0% North European and it's crazy. Average Anatolian gets around 10-20%, don't know Lazes.

georgians dont score much either

but in general pontians , kurds , armenians , eastern turks , azeris , georgians are all similar genetically with some differences . look at this comparison for example

http://up.picr.de/34107872mk.jpg

http://up.picr.de/34107873vy.jpg

Marmara
10-18-2018, 06:47 PM
georgians dont score much either

but in general pontians , kurds , armenians , eastern turks , azeris , georgians are all similar genetically with some differences . look at this comparison for example

http://up.picr.de/34107872mk.jpg

http://up.picr.de/34107873vy.jpg

It doesn't stop them from developing unique features.

I've seen an old guy with blue eyes on metro today and i have no doubt he was Laz. Very stereotypical look.

Livin
10-18-2018, 06:49 PM

Yep we are 75% CHG(aka j2) and the rest is neolithic Anatolian(aka g2a)

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 06:51 PM

Seems hard for me to believe

Marmara
10-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Seems hard for me to believe

Turk_Trabzon sample on GEDmatch is actually a Pontian with no Turkic and Steppe admixture.

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Turk_Trabzon sample on GEDmatch is actually a Pontian with no Turkic and Steppe admixture.

And it means no Pontians have?

Anyway if genetics says so i won't say it can't be

But i can hardly think how or why this is possible

Since Pontus is closer to the Steppes than many other regions were Steppe people went and mixed in
and when you say that even other Anatolians or Laz have some i don't understand hw Pontian Greeks can't have assimilated or mixed
with some Steppe people because the regions certainly came in touch with them a couple times
Would it mean that Pontic Greeks were hardcore Anti Steppe racists and would have killed any one from the Steppes who went there off?

I can't realy believe that

Marmara
10-18-2018, 07:05 PM
And it means no Pontians have?

Anyway if genetics says so i won't say it can't be

But i can hardly think how or why this is possible

Since Pontus is closer to the Steppes than many other regions were Steppe people went and mixed in
and when you say that even other Anatolians or Laz have some i don't understand hw Pontian Greeks can't have assimilated or mixed
with some Steppe people because the regions certainly came in touch with them a couple times
Would it mean that Pontic Greeks were hardcore Anti Steppe racists and would have killed any one from the Steppes who went there off?

I can't realy believe that

The shortest route Indo-Europeans could take to reach Pontus is to pass Caucasus which Indo-Europeans apparently didn't prefer otherwise Caucasus would speak Indo-European languages today.

Steppe admixture Caucasus region has is probably not that ancient. They got it most likely from mixing with Scythians. That's my guess. There was no real IE invasion to Caucasus.

Livin
10-18-2018, 07:17 PM
The shortest route Indo-Europeans could take to reach Pontus is to pass Caucasus which Indo-Europeans apparently didn't prefer otherwise Caucasus would speak Indo-European languages today.

Steppe admixture Caucasus region has is probably not that ancient. They got it most likely from mixing with Scythians. That's my guess. There was no real IE invasion to Caucasus.

YOU are right!

Turks got steppe from Ancient anatolians and turkic people.

Black sea was untouched by steppe people. The only r1b clades coming probably from Greek colonization.

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 07:17 PM

Some regions in Caucasus did speak Indo European languages at least a Caucasian member here claimed once

Armenian is Indoeuropean as well

Even if it came later from Scythians how did it came there and not to Pontians then?
Since Scythians dwelled along all of the Pontic region

Also what does IE invasion mean?
Where is the evidence that everywhere else Indoeuropeans came as Invadors?

To me this seems rather a myth perpetrated alot around here

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 07:18 PM
anybody has a pontian kit number ? lets just post pontian results to see

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 07:19 PM
anybody has a pontian kit number ? lets just post pontian results to see

I have found one from another thread : A899566

Nattens Madrigal
10-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Livin you look Trabzonian as fuck you hazelnut picker xd
Your brother also looks very Turkish as well.

Livin
10-18-2018, 07:20 PM

I know!!!

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 07:21 PM
I have found one from another thread : A899566

Do Kurds have Indoeuropean,Steppe,Yamnaya admixture or any such thing by the way?

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Do Kurds have Indoeuropean,Steppe,Yamnaya admixture or any such thing by the way?

yep

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 07:22 PM

Hahaha Mediteranean Greeks pick Olives
Pontic ones Hazelnuts

Lost brothers!

rein
10-18-2018, 07:27 PM
Yeah, he looks white.

Nattens Madrigal
10-18-2018, 07:30 PM
Hahaha Mediteranean Greeks pick Olives
Pontic ones Hazelnuts

Lost brothers!

Lol Lazes(generally used to refer general eastren Black sea population.Not real Lazes.) are probably most stereotyped ethnicity in Turkey even more than Kurds,Gypsies,Syrians.Long and big noses,brain stops after midnight,hazelnut picker,fisherman,conservative etc but unlike other groups i mentioned most of the time they are stereotyped in a positive way.

Marmara
10-18-2018, 07:35 PM
Lol Lazes(generally used to refer general eastren Black sea population.Not real Lazes.) are probably most stereotyped ethnicity in Turkey even more than Kurds,Gypsies,Syrians.Long and big noses,brain stops after midnight,hazelnut picker,fisherman,conservative etc but unlike other groups i mentioned most of the time they are stereotyped in a positive way.

Their support for Erdoğan and their aggressive attitude (mafia-like, excessive gun ownership) are negative stereotypes.

The "Bize her yer Trabzon" (To us, everywhere is Trabzon) attitude is also very irritating.

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 07:36 PM
yep

How much in general?

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 07:37 PM
How much in general?

I dont know tbh

Nattens Madrigal
10-18-2018, 07:42 PM
I know but negative stereotypes came from recent years because of hardcore Erdogan support and mafia wanna be Sedat Peker.

cyberlorian
10-18-2018, 07:44 PM
I think he might pass as native in Turkey and the Caucasus.

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 07:44 PM
I know but negative stereotypes came from recent years because of hardcore Erdogan support and mafia wanna be Sedat Peker.

Do you have real mafia in Turkey?

Something comparable to the Italian organisations like Cosa Nostra?

Nattens Madrigal
10-18-2018, 07:55 PM
Do you have real mafia in Turkey?

Something comparable to the Italian organisations like Cosa Nostra?

Yes,i believe every country have something like mafia organisation but probably not powerful and organized as Cosa Nostra.Turkey is on route between the Golden Crescent and Europe.In Tukey PKK is main drug supplier between Turkey and Europe,asfaik PKK controls the Europe's %80 drug traffic.We probably have other smaller mafia and illegal organisations.I really don't know others.:)

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 07:57 PM
Yes,i believe every country have something like mafia organisation but probably not powerful and organized as Cosa Nostra.Turkey is on route between the Golden Crescent and Europe.In Tukey PKK is main drug supplier between Turkey and Europe,asfaik PKK controls the Europe's %80 drug traffic.We probably have other smaller mafia and illegal organisations.I really don't know others.:)

What about the Turkish organized nationalists Bozkurt?

Do they have mafia like substructure as well?
Do they engage in Mafia like activties like Drug buisiness?

How do they stand towards Erdogan?
Do they align with him?

Shilan_99
10-18-2018, 08:02 PM
Maybe a mix of Central Asian and some Balkan country? I'd love to know the answer! Also, if I could have your opinion on a few of my posts that'd be awesome!! [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rgvgjhvv
10-18-2018, 08:06 PM
Maybe a mix of Central Asian and some Balkan country? I'd love to know the answer! Also, if I could have your opinion on a few of my posts that'd be awesome!! [emoji28]

????????????????????

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 08:08 PM
Shilan

Insuperable
10-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Shilan

Kukushka.

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Kukushka.

Berkan :cussing

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 08:11 PM

Berkanina :laugh:

Shilan_99
10-18-2018, 08:12 PM
Kukushka.

whaaaaatt[emoji23]

Insuperable
10-18-2018, 08:12 PM

Berkanina :laugh:

Yes yes, you are probably right.

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 08:13 PM
whaaaaatt[emoji23]

Alberta

Shilan_99
10-18-2018, 08:13 PM
????????????????????

Yes? That was a genuine answer. I thought about it and did a little research. Don't be so rude [emoji23]

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 08:17 PM
Yes yes, you are probably right.

no I didnt mean that it is him

I just wanted to post his name :lol:

xtal
10-18-2018, 08:18 PM
He doesn't look Caucasian

cyberlorian

no I didnt mean that it is him

I just wanted to post his name :lol:

Can he pass as an ethnic Kurdish?

Hadouken

pass yes but looks way more turkish

Nattens Madrigal
10-18-2018, 08:28 PM
What about the Turkish organized nationalists Bozkurt?

Do they have mafia like substructure as well?
Do they engage in Mafia like activties like Drug buisiness?

How do they stand towards Erdogan?
Do they align with him?

It's bit complicated and realy need long time on explain.But as a short summary;yes Bozkurts or more commonly know as Ülkücüler(Idealists) were very active among illegal organization and activities .But after 90s they are repressed by Turkish deep state and lost most of their power.Today they are not strong as they were in 90s or 70s.
About Erdogan and Ülkücü partnership,it is very fresh.Their partnership started around 2015 after AKP's failed Kurdish Democratic initiative process with PKK and Ocalan.Orginally Erdogan comes from Islamist party who supports Ummah and despises Turkish nationalism.Today he really doesnt care for islamism or nationalism or any other ideologies. He only cares for power and money.5-6 years ago Akp and Mhp(Ülkücü party) deputies swear each other like there is no tomorrow and today they act like they are brothers who resisted agianst Usa and Zionist invasion together.Turkey is raelly funny place if you'r not her citizien.

Kivan
10-18-2018, 08:29 PM
pass yes but looks way more turkish

I don't see nothing Turanid nor Turkic about him. How would you classify?

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 08:29 PM
I don't see nothing Turanid nor Turkic about him. How would you classify?

uber turanid

Kivan
10-18-2018, 08:32 PM
uber turanid

He is definitely not Turanid.

Hadouken
10-18-2018, 08:35 PM

jk

Shilan_99

Honestly, yes, Probably because of how mixed Kurdish people look. In fact, the other day I was reading about the history with Russians and Kurds. Around the 1800's there was a huge migration surrounding Chechen Kurds to modern day Kurdistan. Pretty weird but interesting if you think about it. There is a heavy influence, you can't deny that!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181018/3eceecdaa3dd07d4aa01d3316c68ee03.png

Rgvgjhvv

We're all Turanid, Kivan. Even my dog.

nafz
10-18-2018, 08:50 PM

He can pass , but he does not have a typical Caucasus look. (see example below for what I mean). Your brother looks more east med to me.

http://www.leisureopportunities.co.uk/images/28892_921708.jpg

Livin
10-18-2018, 08:55 PM
He can pass , but he does not have a typical Caucasus look. (see example below for what I mean). Your brother looks more east med to me.

http://www.leisureopportunities.co.uk/images/28892_921708.jpg

Isnt very White for east med type?

I am east med.

But I agree that he does not look exactly caucasian.

nafz
10-18-2018, 08:58 PM
Isnt very White for east med type?

I am east med.

But I agree that he does not look exactly caucasian.

Not totally sure as I can't remember your photo exactly. But if you are east med, I don't see why your brother should not be. I don't think there is a big difference between you and him in pigmentation/coloring.

Livin
10-18-2018, 09:05 PM
Not totally sure as I can't remember your photo exactly. But if you are east med, I don't see why your brother should not be. I don't think there is a big difference between you and him in pigmentation/coloring.

I am swarthy like gypsy. He is fair/almost pale skin.

I am meso-Dochilo etc he is brachy.

I have longer face and more leptoprosopic than him.

Livin
10-18-2018, 09:07 PM

I mean I am more Med type he is more Taurid.

Tauromachos

Don't exagerate

In the pics you posted you didn't look that swarthy

nafz

I am meso-Dochilo etc he is brachy.

I have longer face and more leptoprosopic than him.

ΟΚ, Ι understand you look different. However I still think he would pass better in the Aegean Islands / Cyprus than in Georgia or Armenia.

Livin
10-18-2018, 09:27 PM
ΟΚ, Ι understand you look different. However I still think he would pass better in the Aegean Islands / Cyprus than in Georgia or Armenia.

I agree.I said it that he looks more Greek than me.

He can pass as a local in northern greece IMO.

Livin
10-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Don't exagerate

In the pics you posted you didn't look that swarthy

I am in probably the same skin colour with aegean islanders and cretans maybe a little slightly darker.

rein
10-18-2018, 09:35 PM
I am in probably the same skin colour with aegean islanders and cretans maybe a little slightly darker.

Do you have the same genetics as Cretans?

Livin
10-18-2018, 09:37 PM
Do you have the same genetics as Cretans?

Who Pontians?Rofl no.

rein
10-18-2018, 09:38 PM
Who Pontians?Rofl no.

Have you done a DNA test?

Tauromachos
10-18-2018, 09:41 PM

Yeah in the same with many of them

Slightly darker no way from what i have seen if you compare to their dark types

Livin
10-18-2018, 09:44 PM
Have you done a DNA test?

I have seen some results from people in Turkey with the same surname with mines.

Actually Pontic turks from trabzon.They had the same surname(due to islamization there).

Well,this is not accurate but i guess mines would be pretty much the same.

Ryuk
10-18-2018, 10:03 PM
If you're from Pontus, you are probably an assimilated kartvelian.

The Turks in the Pontus region,Greeks,hamshens(armenian) and lazes have the nearly same autosomal structure,so the most normal thing that about you is looking like Trabzon Turks,all of you kartvelian.

(Kartvel:Georgians,Laz,Mengrel and Svan speaking South Caucasian peoples)

https://easternblackseadna.blogspot.com/2018/01/autosomal-comparison-of-eastern-black.html?m=1

Livin
10-18-2018, 10:04 PM
If you're from Pontus, you are probably an assimilated kartvelian.

The Turks in the Pontus region,Greeks,hamshens(armenian) and lazes have the nearly same autosomal structure,so the most normal thing that about you is looking like Trabzon Turks,all of you kartvelian.

(Kartvel:Georgians,Laz,Mengrel and Svan speaking South Caucasian peoples)

https://easternblackseadna.blogspot.com/2018/01/autosomal-comparison-of-eastern-black.html?m=1

I know yes,i have read the blog.The guy did a really good job.

Rgvgjhvv
10-18-2018, 10:15 PM

Nah, you're a Southern Indian Hindu Turk. You're as dark as a Nigerian, let's be honest here. You're the most foreign looking person anyone has ever seen in the world. You are like a black mongolian.

Is that more accurate?

rein
10-18-2018, 11:33 PM
Nah, you're a Southern Indian Hindu Turk. You're as dark as a Nigerian, let's be honest here. You're the most foreign looking person anyone has ever seen in the world. You are like a black mongolian.

Is that more accurate?

Which is strange cause his brother is white.