PDA

View Full Version : How to find classifications

skatz420
04-20-2011, 02:05 AM
I have noticed a lot of new classification types for different people. Is there a guide on this so I can learn more about the different ones without asking too many newbie questions? I am somewhat familiar with nordic, alpine, and mediterranean but other than that I am new to this. Most of the people on here seem to have studied this extensively.

Efim45
04-20-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm as troubled as you are, I can only classify people as either alpine, nordic, mediterranean, and nonwhite. It would be helpful if somebody posted a link to a website that has accepted definitions of all these other, less-broad subraces.

skatz420
04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
I figured maybe some of these folks studied this in college or something.

Efim45
04-21-2011, 12:27 AM
There's bound to be an online guide full of all the accepted subraces and their hair/eye color, head shape, skin pigmentation, etc. criteria. It's just that there is no standard set of European subraces. I do like going by Ripley's three European races system.

Agrippa
04-21-2011, 11:13 AM
There's bound to be an online guide full of all the accepted subraces and their hair/eye color, head shape, skin pigmentation, etc. criteria. It's just that there is no standard set of European subraces. I do like going by Ripley's three European races system.

Compare:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11365

Ripley's system was outdated in the 19th century already...

William Z. Ripley, his importance, if he has some, lies in other fields.

Usually a basic 6-type approach, with the potential for many mixed and subtypes, fits the best for the European racial variation.