PDA

View Full Version : can you guess/differentiate south asians?

Thambi
10-20-2018, 11:08 PM
6 different south asian girls.

Pakistani, North Indian, South Indian, Srilankan, Bengali, Nepali

Thambi
10-21-2018, 01:32 AM
bump

Borealis
10-21-2018, 01:56 AM
I will try my best. Differentiating sri lankan from South Indian idk if thats even possible.

1. Bengali
2. Pakistani
3. Nepali
4. South Indian
5. North Indian
6. Sri Lankan

I should add I have never seen any Bengalis or Nepalis in my life so Im guessing with them.

Thambi
10-21-2018, 02:24 AM
I will try my best. Differentiating sri lankan from South Indian idk if thats even possible.

1. Bengali
2. Pakistani
3. Nepali
4. South Indian
5. North Indian
6. Sri Lankan

I should add I have never seen any Bengalis or Nepalis in my life so Im guessing with them.
I'll wait for some more responses then i'll reveal.

the south indian girl is telugu and srilankan is srilankan tamil btw. true there aren't that many differences

Bandesha
10-21-2018, 03:05 AM
second last (5th) looks similar (pakistani)

Borealis
10-21-2018, 03:35 AM
I'll wait for some more responses then i'll reveal.

the south indian girl is telugu and srilankan is srilankan tamil btw. true there aren't that many differences

The one on the top reminds me of this Pakistani girl who was in my class. Are these all people that you know?

Thambi
10-21-2018, 03:37 AM
The one on the top reminds me of this Pakistani girl who was in my class. Are these all people that you know?

yeah bro all are from my from high school or uni. All are from colorado, unless you're from colorado as well lol. and no she aint pakistani. Pakistani girls look oriental influenced??

more pics of her
https://i.imgur.com/LRp06z5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mdbTy7t.jpg

Borealis
10-21-2018, 03:43 AM
yeah bro all are my from high school or uni. All are from colorado, unless you're from colorado as well lol. and no she aint pakistani. Pakistani girls look oriental influenced??

more pics of her
https://i.imgur.com/LRp06z5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mdbTy7t.jpg

No they didn't look exactly the same but the way she was smiling+what she was wearing reminded me of the Paki girl from my class. I guessed the girl you posted as Bengali.

Thambi
10-21-2018, 03:56 AM
No they didn't look exactly the same but the way she was smiling+what she was wearing reminded me of the Paki girl from my class. I guessed the girl you posted as Bengali.

ok cool. makes sense.

btw no one is even posting anything other than you haha so i'll just reveal. You got all of them right. 6/6

nice job. you know your desis well lol

The order again

Bengali (Bangladesh)
Pakistani (Punjabi)
Nepali (Bahun)
South Indian (Telugu)
North Indian (Punjabi)
Srilankan (Tamil)

Borealis
10-21-2018, 04:07 AM
ok cool. makes sense.

btw no one is even posting anything other than you haha so i'll just reveal. You got all of them right. 6/6

The order again

Bengali (Bangladesh)
Pakistani (Punjabi)
Nepali (Bahun)
South Indian (Telugu)
North Indian (Punjabi)
Srilankan (Tamil)

Damn, nice. I was thinking I'd get most or all wrong lmao.

Borealis
10-21-2018, 04:13 AM
bump

Btw which of these would you say resemble me the most?

Thambi
10-21-2018, 04:20 AM
Btw which of these would you say resemble me the most?

I'd say a mix of the indian punjabi and bengali

Seth MacFarlane
10-21-2018, 04:21 AM
Didn't try because some pics aren't that good but as u shud know Pakistani and north Indians are almost same, south Indians very close to Sri Lankans and eastern Indians are like bengalis. Not too experienced with nepalis tho but I'm very familiar with the rest so I know

Borealis
10-21-2018, 04:32 AM
I'd say a mix of the indian punjabi and bengali

Yeah I like the bengali one for some reason.

Thambi
10-21-2018, 04:32 AM
Yeah I like the bengali one for some reason.

yeah she is quite pretty.

Thambi
10-21-2018, 04:34 AM
Didn't try because some pics aren't that good but as u shud know Pakistani and north Indians are almost same, south Indians very close to Sri Lankans and eastern Indians are like bengalis. Not too experienced with nepalis tho but I'm very familiar with the rest so I know

no in understand completely. plus we're on a euro forum so differentiating south asians might be hard for most people and most might not care anyways.

Iloko
10-21-2018, 04:35 AM
The first one seems to have substantial Mongoloid input, so maybe she's Nepali I would guess

The second one I find the most attractive

Thambi
10-21-2018, 04:38 AM
The first one seems to have substantial Mongoloid input, so maybe she's Nepali I would guess

The second one I find the most attractive

thanks for the guess :) Yes she is attractive.

I revealed their origins on the first page. The first one is Bangladeshi and second is pakistani. Bengalis have mongoloid influence as well quite often not many people know that, though its of a more SE asian variety than Tibetan variety found in nepal. The third one is nepali and she's more of the indo aryan stock.

Nazarene
10-21-2018, 04:46 AM
A very diverse subcontinent

Bandesha
10-21-2018, 04:49 AM
ok cool. makes sense.

The order again

Bengali (Bangladesh)
Pakistani (Punjabi)
Nepali (Bahun)
South Indian (Telugu)
North Indian (Punjabi)
Srilankan (Tamil)

so 5th is indian punjabi and i was thinking she is pakistani punjabi also thinkin 2nd as indian punjabi actually but it's pakistani punjabi but atleast i guessed 2 punjabi right but in reverse

Thambi
10-21-2018, 06:01 AM
so 5th is indian punjabi and i was thinking she is pakistani punjabi also thinkin 2nd as indian punjabi actually but it's pakistani punjabi but atleast i guessed 2 punjabi right but in reverse

yeah both do look distinctly northern shifted. The indian one is punjabi jat.

Also, the nepali girl can pass as a punjabi quite easily too right?

Bandesha
10-21-2018, 06:20 AM
yeah both do look distinctly northern shifted. The indian one is punjabi jat.

Also, the nepali girl can pass as a punjabi quite easily too right?

easily but i can recognize mountains

Borealis
10-21-2018, 07:45 AM
easily but i can recognize mountains

How does she look mountaineous?

Thambi
10-21-2018, 07:47 AM

I think he meant the mountains in the background. They're mountains from colorado but he might have thought nepal since thats a mountainous region as well. Just a random coincidence. I didnt think about that while posting lol.

Borealis
10-21-2018, 07:50 AM
I think he meant the mountains in teh background. They're mountains from colorado but he might have thought nepal since thats a mountainous region as well.

Are you sure? I interpreted it to mean she had an alpine influence or something

Thambi
10-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Are you sure? I interpreted it to mean she had an alpine influence or something

nah definitely not. And if anything alpine is just as common, if not more, in pakistan. He meant the mountains in the background I'm sure.

Borealis
10-21-2018, 07:58 AM
nah definitely not. And if anything alpine is just as common, if not more, in pakistan. He meant the mountains in the background I'm sure.

What is alpine look anyway? Do I have it? How do Pakistanis have it? I remember one time you had said my dad had alpine influence long ago.

Thambi
10-21-2018, 08:05 AM
What is alpine look anyway? Do I have it? How do Pakistanis have it?

Roundish/bracy face, light skin, bigger heads. Noses tend to be straight and pointy as well. Basically what south asia might consider ideal lol especially on women.

and yeah you have some alpine.

Bandesha
10-21-2018, 08:18 AM

i thought she was standing on nepali mountains

Borealis
10-21-2018, 08:23 AM
i thought she was standing on nepali mountains

Oh stupid me.

arkas
10-21-2018, 08:48 AM
I haven't ever met a Pakistani person and only one Bangladeshi. I only really am familiar with Indians, Sri Lankans and to a lesser extent Nepalis since I visited Nepal. Haven't seen answers yet btw.

1 Nepali - Looks like a typical Nepali with very minor Tibetid, I'll be shocked if she isn't Nepali though she passes in other Himalayan regions.
2 North Indian - She fits in Pakistan as well.
3 Pakistan - She actually passes all over the Indian side of the Himalayas and maybe Western Nepal I reckon.
4 Sri Lankan - Very typical look all over South India and Eastern India as well.
5 Bengali - She was the last left lol
6 South Indian - Typical for Sri Lanka also.

Thambi
10-21-2018, 08:53 AM
I haven't ever met a Pakistani person and only one Bangladeshi. I only really am familiar with Indians, Sri Lankans and to a lesser extent Nepalis since I visited Nepal. Haven't seen answers yet btw.

1 Nepali - Looks like a typical Nepali with very minor Tibetid, I'll be shocked if she isn't Nepali though she passes in other Himalayan regions.
3 Pakistan - She actually passes all over the Indian side of the Himalayas and maybe Western Nepal I reckon.
4 Sri Lankan - Very typical look all over South India and Eastern India as well.

good guess work and thorough explanation. Yeah i revealed the answers earlier but here's the order. You sorta got half them right. #2, #4, #6.

Bengali (Bangladesh)
Pakistani (Punjabi)
Nepali (Bahun)
South Indian (Telugu)
North Indian (Punjabi)
Srilankan (Tamil)

arkas
10-21-2018, 08:57 AM
nice guesses. Yeah i revealed the answers earlier but here's the order. You got half them right. #2, #4, #6.

Bengali (Bangladesh)
Pakistani (Punjabi)
Nepali (Bahun)
South Indian (Telugu)
North Indian (Punjabi)
Srilankan (Tamil)

Damn was wrong about the first girl, I suppose a lot of Bengalis can also have Mongoloid influence but I somehow I thought her Mongoloid influence was Tibetan.

Bandesha
10-21-2018, 08:59 AM

well he intentionally post these types to confuse trying to show punjabi and bengali looks same

arkas
10-21-2018, 09:05 AM
well he intentionally post these types to confuse trying to show punjabi and bengali looks same

How so? The Punjabi girl looks very different to the Bengali girl imo.

I only guessed the 5th one as Bengali because I had classified the rest of them lol

Thambi
10-21-2018, 09:05 AM

you guessed the punjabi girls correctly so how did i confuse you lol?

Borealis
10-21-2018, 09:06 AM

They don’t look the same even in those pics.

lameduck
10-21-2018, 09:16 AM
1,2,3,5 fits well in Pakistan

arkas
10-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Sorry to steal your thread but can you guess these girls? They are all Indian, but maybe from different parts.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181006/943a634be106b04cb315980f239c6cbe.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181006/dbcb586e32e167e6315fead43b83b04e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181006/373bd2951f52f47ef1d5db3f1cdf4e1f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181006/ca7002cfe52d6b5aad81e3f62e18595f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181006/d8403588cb26fc6940c07b9dc311c50d.jpg

lameduck
10-21-2018, 09:17 AM

Punjabis are very sensitive toward overlap with other South Asians just like Pashtuns are sensitive toward overlap with Punjabis lol

Bandesha
10-21-2018, 09:17 AM

it's not about guessing but posting bengali type punjabi to confuse others buti it's different type of story that i can still recognize punabiod in them also because there 2 mongoloid and 1 girl on mountain so it was very easy. i say this because have seen your past poste and recognize your attempts kushkush!

Thambi
10-21-2018, 09:26 AM
Sorry to steal your thread but can you guess these girls? They are all Indian, but maybe from different parts.

good looking girls.

1) Looks west indian like gujarati
2) looks tamil, could be telugu as well
3) Is that padma lakshmi? Tamil
4) could pass as pan south indian. Looks maarthi as well. I have seen many marathi women like her.
5) The curly hair and some features look western as well like marathi/goan with maybe some portuguese ancestry.

For some reason none of them look north indian or eastern indian

Thambi
10-21-2018, 09:33 AM
it's not about guessing but posting bengali type punjabi to confuse others buti it's different type of story that i can still recognize punabiod in them also because there 2 mongoloid and 1 girl on mountain so it was very easy. i say this because have seen your past poste and recognize your attempts kushkush!

no bro i posted fairly typical looking people from each group.

I think the bengali girl is a little more mongoloid shifted than average bengali but she fits the diversity.

the nepali girl fits the bahun, chettri castes of nepal quite well and they usually cluster near nw indians and pakistanis in terms of genotype and phenotype. Nepali aryans closest ancestors are punjabis and kashmiris.

and the indian punjabi girl is very typical as well. she's a jat and looks it as well.

arkas
10-21-2018, 09:46 AM
good looking girls.

1) Looks west indian like gujarati
2) looks tamil, could be telugu as well
3) Is that padma lakshmi? Tamil
4) could pass as pan south indian. Looks maarthi as well. I have seen many marathi women like her.
5) The curly hair and some features look western as well like marathi/goan with maybe some portuguese ancestry.

For some reason none of them look north indian or eastern indian

Not Padma Lakshmi, but they do look similar, I swear Padma Lakshmi is finest Indian ever, much better than a lot of those Indian cinema actresses.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andreborges/14-beautiful-confident-dark-skinned-women-confess-what-they

I got the pics from here, I don't know where they are all from but maybe their names give a clue?

1 Mandovi Menon
2 Megha Ramesh
3 Yasmin Ponnappa
4 Mariette Valsan
5 Madiha Ali

Thambi
10-21-2018, 09:48 AM

maybe the picture choice was bad for the punjabi but here's a close up of her. She doesnt look bengali at all. She looks fairly punjabi and I have no agenda to make punjabis look darker or eastern shifted and south indians, nepalis, bengalis to look more western shifted

rajputprincess
10-21-2018, 09:49 AM
2nd one is definitely pakistani

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

rajputprincess
10-21-2018, 09:50 AM
4 is south indian and 6 th is srilanka

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Thambi
10-21-2018, 09:55 AM
Not Padma Lakshmi, but they do look similar, I swear Padma Lakshmi is finest Indian ever, much better than a lot of those Indian cinema actresses.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andreborges/14-beautiful-confident-dark-skinned-women-confess-what-they

I got the pics from here, I don't know where they are all from but maybe their names give a clue?

1 Mandovi Menon
2 Megha Ramesh
3 Yasmin Ponnappa
4 Mariette Valsan
5 Madiha Ali

they're all south indian. atleast the top four are. makes sense. sometimes keralites look pan western indian similar to people all the way till gujarat.

1) Kerala
2) Tamil
3) Karnataka
4) Kerala
5) no clue. generic muslim name so hard to tell where's she's from but I'm assuming somewhere from south india since the others are also from there