PDA

View Full Version : Douglas Murray - This Is Why European Union Must Fail

The Lawspeaker
10-21-2018, 01:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azBkuIfNvT4

Dandelion
10-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Good video, but why the loud music? Luckily still intelligible.

The Lawspeaker
10-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Good video, but why the loud music? Luckily still intelligible.

It annoyed me too. Man.. why are you using that blue swastika for a flag ? (that EU-rag)

Dandelion
10-21-2018, 02:27 PM
It annoyed me too. Man.. why are you using that blue swastika for a flag ? (that EU-rag)

Because while I disagree with EU bullying and madwomen like Merkel and bankers like Macron having much say in it, I think something of a political-economic union in Europe is still necessary to stay relevant in today's world.

It's not with that much of full conviction. I used to use a Belgian flag before. :) Neither out of full conviction, but I agree, less controversial. ;) Belgium is like a classroom you're assigned to with classmates you never hoped for, but who aren't too bad in the end.

The Lawspeaker
10-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Because while I disagree with EU bullying and madwomen like Merkel and bankers like Macron having much say in it, I think something of a political-economic union in Europe is still necessary to stay relevant in today's world.

It's not with that much of full conviction. I used to use a Belgian flag before. :) Neither out of full conviction, but I agree, less controversial. ;) Belgium is like a classroom you're assigned to with classmates you never hoped for, but who aren't too bad in the end.

Personally, I'd be more in favour of returning to business as usual: either stay in NATO and join the EFTA or be neutral and join the EFTA. I have had my fill of European alliances and our destiny will always be overseas.

Dandelion
10-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Personally, I'd be more in favour of returning to business as usual: either stay in NATO and join the EFTA or be neutral and join the EFTA. I have had my fill of European alliances and our destiny will always be overseas.

You may be right. Our situation isn't too good politically with an undemocratic unsure future ahead of us.

The Lawspeaker
10-21-2018, 03:56 PM
You may be right. Our situation isn't too good politically with an undemocratic unsure future ahead of us.

Let's be frank about it (and it goes for the Belgians even more than for us with your history of being Europe's traditional battlefield): Europe is a shit show, better look overseas.