PDA

View Full Version : My ancestrydna sample was received

Ayetooey
10-23-2018, 05:16 PM
Now it has been received, how long am I realistically looking at waiting, how long did you guys wait? The email tells me 6-8 weeks but that seems extreme.

Gründig
10-23-2018, 05:23 PM
Now it has been received, how long am I realistically looking at waiting, how long did you guys wait? The email tells me 6-8 weeks but that seems extreme.

Mine was recieved yesterday.

My 23andme took 11 days total. I'm hoping this one will be like that too but I have a feeling it won't.

Ayetooey
10-23-2018, 05:26 PM
Mine was recieved yesterday.

As was mine. We are in same batch lol, how long did yours take from sending it off, I sent mine off on the 13th, 9 days lol.

On Reddit it seems people wait 2-3 weeks from it being received.

Gründig
10-23-2018, 05:30 PM
As was mine. We are in same batch lol, how long did yours take from sending it off, I sent mine off on the 13th, 9 days lol.

On Reddit it seems people wait 2-3 weeks from it being received.

It only took mine about 1.5 days of actual shipping to show up as recieved. I dropped it off at the post office late on Friday, so it didnt ship till Saturday. Sunday it probably didnt move at all and Monday it alerted me about midday it was recieved.

Rædwald
10-23-2018, 05:40 PM
Once my sample was received by AncestryDNA it took about three weeks for me to get results. I guess it depends on the number of samples that they are processing at a given time.

Carpatz
10-23-2018, 05:43 PM
They received my kit on September 18th, processed the sample on October 3rd, and It's been on the last step since October 4th. I sent them an email about it and they gave me an automated response that it can take 6-8 weeks to complete after they process it (not after they receive it). It's bullshit.

Ayetooey
10-23-2018, 05:45 PM
They received my kit on September 18th, processed the sample on October 3rd, and It's been on the last step since October 4th. I sent them an email about it and they gave me an automated response that it can take 6-8 weeks to complete after they process it (not after they receive it). It's bullshit.

Wtf that is long. At least I have done 23andme so I'm not desperate for my results, I am more doing it for fun + see what matches I receive. 6-8 weeks seems extreme, according to my email it "may take longer".

frankhammer
10-23-2018, 05:47 PM
It may depend on your labs' location too. Mine went through Australia and turned around in about 10 days.

Ayetooey
10-23-2018, 05:51 PM
It may depend on your labs' location too. Mine went through Australia and turned around in about 10 days.

How can I find out the lab location?

Rædwald
10-23-2018, 05:57 PM
How can I find out the lab location?

I would imagine it's on the return label of your sample. Mine went to Ireland.

Ayetooey
10-23-2018, 05:59 PM
I would imagine it's on the return label of your sample. Mine went to Ireland.

I don't have that label anyone ofc but I do recall seeing Ireland written somewhere. I'd be happy with 3 weeks.

Rædwald
10-23-2018, 06:01 PM
I don't have that label anyone ofc but I do recall seeing Ireland written somewhere. I'd be happy with 3 weeks.

I think it goes to the closest lab, as frankhammer said. Good luck! Is this the first test you have taken?

Ayetooey
10-23-2018, 06:05 PM
I think it goes to the closest lab, as frankhammer said. Good luck! Is this the first test you have taken?

I have done 23andme and uploaded to Gedmatch, dna.land and FTDNA, I am doing ancestry.dna more for the relative database and to see if I get anything different.

Gründig
10-24-2018, 08:00 PM

Mine entered DNA extraction today and says "2 to 4 weeks".

Ayetooey
10-24-2018, 08:02 PM
Mine entered DNA extraction today and says "2 to 4 weeks".
Mine is still "Sample processing".

Gründig
10-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Mine is still "Sample processing".

I guess I'm lucky, mines moving along quickly. My dna is now being analyzed.

Ayetooey
10-27-2018, 07:49 AM

Yours is moving quick you’ll have your results in a day or two I think .Mine finished processing last night and is extracting now. So far this is a lot quicker than 23andme.

TeutonicBoyars
10-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Someone on leddit said it was literally one week. Are you posting your results on this thread?

Ayetooey
10-29-2018, 01:49 PM

My dna has been extracted and is now also being analysed, have you got your results yet?

Ayetooey
10-29-2018, 01:50 PM
Someone on leddit said it was literally one week. Are you posting your results on this thread?

I'll probably make a different thread.

Gründig
10-29-2018, 01:59 PM
My dna has been extracted and is now also being analysed, have you got your results yet?

Nope. It got here quickly and hasn't moved. I'm assuming I'll have them this week.

Ayetooey
11-01-2018, 01:23 PM
I have been on analysis for 3 days now, the other steps took 3 days each, so if the pattern follows analysis should be done today or tomorrow!

Decius
11-01-2018, 01:44 PM
I have been on analysis for 3 days now, the other steps took 3 days each, so if the pattern follows analysis should be done today or tomorrow!

I’m interested to see how much Eastern euro you will get

Vojnik
11-01-2018, 01:46 PM

Every company says 6-8 weeks, but only really takes about 3-4 weeks all up.

Ayetooey
11-01-2018, 02:03 PM
I’m interested to see how much Eastern euro you will get

What's the typical breakdown for a Serb? My dad is defo more paleo-Balkan than Slavic, so I'll get more DNA in that regard.

I got 40 percent balkan, 5 percent east euro, the rest southern euro on 23andme (from my paternal side), comparatively Jana who is almost pure south slav got like 45 percent Balkan or something.

Decius
11-01-2018, 02:08 PM
What's the typical breakdown for a Serb? My dad is defo more paleo-Balkan than Slavic, so I'll get more DNA in that regard.

I got 40 percent balkan, 5 percent east euro, the rest southern euro on 23andme (from my paternal side), comparatively Jana who is almost pure south slav got like 45 percent Balkan or something.

You should expect more northern shifted results for your serbian side on ancestrydna.

Personally on ancestry I got 65% East Euro 5% Baltic 29% Balkan and 1% Spain. So thats like 70 Northeast, 30 south, even though on gedmatch im like 50 50 usually but it depends on the calculator with gedmatch

Ayetooey
11-01-2018, 02:12 PM
You should expect more northern shifted results for your serbian side on ancestrydna.

Personally on ancestry I got 65% East Euro 5% Baltic 29% Balkan and 1% Spain. So thats like 70 Northeast, 30 south, even though on gedmatch im like 60 south 40 northeast usually but it depends on the calculator with gedmatch

That's a lot of east Euro, you seem more typical for a Serb from Croatia as Krajina Serbs are typically more slav shifted, I feel like my dad is very southern shifted for a Knin Serb, I plot with Slovenes on some maps which seems extreme for my mix.

If I had to guess from my dad I'd say I'll get 20 percent east Euro, 30 percent Balkan, but we shall see I might be completely wrong.

Decius
11-01-2018, 02:15 PM
That's a lot of east Euro, you seem more typical for a Serb from Croatia as Krajina Serbs are typically more slav shifted, I feel like my dad is very southern shifted for a Knin Serb, I plot with Slovenes on some maps which seems extreme for my mix.

If I had to guess from my dad I'd say I'll get 20 percent east Euro, 30 percent Balkan, but we shall see I might be completely wrong.

I plot with Serbs from Serbia not even western serbs. Me and commonsense are very simalar when it comes to genetics. Western Serbs usually plot simalar to the user dick. Maybe your dad had montenegrin/herzegovian ancestry a while back, alot of us serbs from croatia were originally serbs in herzegovina and montenegro

Jana
11-01-2018, 02:18 PM
AncestryDNA include South Slavs in Eastern European group so typically even very south shifted ones will score high EE not because they are super Slavic but because they match nicely Balkan Slav EE reference samples.

Ayetooey
11-01-2018, 02:19 PM
AncestryDNA include South Slavs in Eastern European group so typically even very south shifted ones will score high EE not because they are super Slavic but because they match nicely Balkan Slav EE reference samples.

Is their a further break down somewhere?

Ayetooey
11-01-2018, 02:20 PM
I plot with Serbs from Serbia not even western serbs. Me and commonsense are very simalar when it comes to genetics. Western Serbs usually plot simalar to the user dick. Maybe your dad had montenegrin/herzegovian ancestry a while back, alot of us serbs from croatia were originally serbs in herzegovina and montenegro

According to a history book all my families come from western Bosnia originally (apart from one line which came from Lika in early 1500s) so only over the mountain from knin anyway lol, same origin as user Pribislav who is also a Dalmatian Serb.

Jana
11-01-2018, 02:21 PM
Most ideal algorithhm to determine how Slavic vs native South Slavs are is neither one that includes them in East Europe (like Ancestry does) nor Balkan (like 23andme does).

I would say FTDNA is closest to that but still not perfect tool. That is why nMonte will be very useful for ancient admixture in future.

de Burgh II
11-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Its gon' be a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time for 'ya broseph.

Jana
11-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Is their a further break down somewhere?

There is for western Europe (even to individual countries like Portugal or Ireland) but not for east. But you will be assigned to genetic community (western Serbs typically get Croatia, Bosnia and NE Italy) but I am not sure how it works for mixed people.

Decius
11-01-2018, 02:24 PM
According to a history book all my families come from western Bosnia originally (apart from one line which came from Lika in early 1500s) so only over the mountain from knin anyway lol, same origin as user Pribislav who is also a Dalmatian Serb.

I also have family from dalmatia My grandmother is half serb half croat all her family is from dalmatia. Shes actually related to this rich serbian businessman that has a company worth like 135mil euros

Ayetooey
11-01-2018, 02:26 PM
I also have family from dalmatia My grandmother is half serb half croat all her family is from dalmatia. Shes actually related to this rich serbian businessman that has a company worth like 135mil euros

Where are the rest of your Serb family from?

Decius
11-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Where are the rest of your Serb family from?

My moms side is all from villages in banija pure ethnic serbs. My direct paternal is from a village near Lika called dreznica also all serbs. and then my dads mom (grandmother) is the dalmatian side. her mom was actually born near this famous serbian monostary (oldest one in croatia)

Ayetooey
11-02-2018, 12:44 AM
My dna has been analysed, my 3 day theory was correct. Not sure how long for my results to pop up now.

Gründig
11-02-2018, 12:49 AM
My dna has been analysed, my 3 day theory was correct. Not sure how long for my results to pop up now.

Wtf, I have a feeling mine might fail.

Ayetooey
11-02-2018, 12:50 AM
Wtf, I have a feeling mine might fail.

I think it's the labs bro. Mine is in Ireland, yours probably in the states somewhere, I imagine the batches are smaller in the Ireland lab.

arkas
11-02-2018, 01:03 AM
When parents did the test, they got their results less than 2 weeks after Ancestry DNA received their sample, this was over a year ago.

I did the 23andme test myself, that took so much longer.

Ayetooey
11-02-2018, 01:05 AM
When parents did the test, they got their results less than 2 weeks after Ancestry DNA received their sample, this was over a year ago.

I did the 23andme test myself, that took so much longer.

23andme took me just shy of 2 months.