PDA

View Full Version : Did you drink alcohol while underage?

Bobby Martnen
10-29-2018, 02:08 AM
I did occasionally, but not nearly as frequently as some of my friends.

Papastratosels26
10-29-2018, 07:11 AM
No

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Iloko
10-31-2018, 04:42 PM
Like 1 sip or 2 lol, of beer

michal3141
10-31-2018, 04:43 PM
No.

JosephK
10-31-2018, 05:51 PM
Oh my goodness, I drank like a fish...!:p

Although I regret smoking all that marijuana...

Hadouken
10-31-2018, 05:56 PM
unfortunately yes

Ryujin
10-31-2018, 05:58 PM
Yea, a lot, since I was a child. My dad made me take a sip a couple of times. I started drinking in high school.

Ayetooey
10-31-2018, 05:58 PM
Barely, I don't drink at all.

Benyzero
10-31-2018, 05:59 PM
First time at 16, so yes

Decius
10-31-2018, 06:00 PM
I did it a few times and I’m still a teenager. I don’t like it though. I smoke pot instead

JosephK
10-31-2018, 06:02 PM
I smoke pot instead

Yeah, we know.
:sherlock:

Nurzat
10-31-2018, 06:05 PM
I do alcohol since I was around 15. in high school I was known for my resistance to vodka. but what I drank most was beer, still is.

in the past years I started to drink other stuff too, more often, like whisky or white wine (I don't like red wine much), even vodka. I never mix spirits with juice, it's just stupid and it tastes awful.

in the avatar I drink a tasty Csíki sör from Székelyföld (a beer made in the Hungarian region of central Romania)

The Lawspeaker
10-31-2018, 06:05 PM
Mostly small ale. My old man taught me the traditional way: long lectures about what and how to drink and about what style fits with what, when I was in my early teens and so did one of the old "broeders" (priests) at the care home where I ended up after both my parents ended up incapacitated. The methods used were to drink tiny amounts of small ale and some real beer and to learn to pay attention to it: to the palate the odor, the color etc. To appreciate it as some brewer's hard labor and to respect both his craft and the final product. This included long lectures over the dangers of alcohol abuse. In both cases, my father (allow me to quote him: "I rather see to it that I teach you then to have your irresponsible friends do it for me by the time you reach 16. I don't want you to come a wreck !") and the priest rather had someone responsible tell me, then to watch me fuck myself over by the time I reached 16 , which was at the time a real danger for a lot of teens danger as the overall alcohol consumption was much higher.

It's because of these lessons that I have such a respect for alcohol (both in its good sides and its bad) and I have absolutely 0 respect for those who abuse it and who try to talk others into abuse it. I have known people who lost their minds or become addicted because of it.

JosephK
10-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Boy, this thread is bringing back memories...

Six-packs of Milwaukee's Best, buried in the mud in Southern Alabama, where we would have to hide it and dig it up to drink while hiding from rednecks and police. Nothing like hot beer on a Summer day in Alabama...

Those were the days, my friends...

Ryujin
10-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Boy, this thread is bringing back memories...

Six-packs of Milwaukee's Best, buried in the mud in Southern Alabama, where we would have to hide it and dig it up to drink while hiding from rednecks and police. Nothing like hot beer on a Summer day in Alabama...

Those were the days, my friends...

Sounds fun!

Daven
02-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Yes I did and a lot. At some point a few people around me were even worry because they thought I was going to end up as an alcoholic. Thing is that at 16 I started to hang out with older guys. There was even a time I passed out like I was intoxicated and all after doing a competition I was able to drink more than anyone on the group. My friends were so scared that night because it looked like I was going to die. Dad was so damn upset when they brought me home unconcious. He didn't know I was drinking.

maineiac04631
02-16-2020, 05:22 PM
I was a teenager in the 1970s and we drank and did drugs all the time back then. We had different places that would sell alcohol to underage kids and we would sit in our cars at the drive in movie theater and drink all night.

Rᴜᴛʜʟᴇss
02-16-2020, 05:26 PM
I'd wait for my parents to leave the house, so I could go downstairs and drink my dad's beer. It was a horrible taste and it still is after three years.

Rćdwald
02-16-2020, 05:33 PM
No, even in my adulthood I don't drink much. Occasionally wine at dinner, or just beer.

The Lawspeaker
02-19-2020, 08:08 PM
Mostly small ale. My old man taught me the traditional way: long lectures about what and how to drink and about what style fits with what, when I was in my early teens and so did one of the old "broeders" (priests) at the care home where I ended up after both my parents ended up incapacitated. The methods used were to drink tiny amounts of small ale and some real beer and to learn to pay attention to it: to the palate the odor, the color etc. To appreciate it as some brewer's hard labor and to respect both his craft and the final product. This included long lectures over the dangers of alcohol abuse. In both cases, my father (allow me to quote him: "I rather see to it that I teach you then to have your irresponsible friends do it for me by the time you reach 16. I don't want you to come a wreck !") and the priest rather had someone responsible tell me, then to watch me fuck myself over by the time I reached 16 , which was at the time a real danger for a lot of teens danger as the overall alcohol consumption was much higher.

It's because of these lessons that I have such a respect for alcohol (both in its good sides and its bad) and I have absolutely 0 respect for those who abuse it and who try to talk others into abuse it. I have known people who lost their minds or become addicted because of it.

Those long lectures may still work with me today and still influence my perceptions on how I view alcohol from even an economic point of view: I believe that most imports should be banned under law (particularly wine and beer) and that mega-brewers such as Heineken should be broken up as they merely leach off the hard work of people who do the actual brewing. Alcohol should be respected and that means that traditional products should be tied to specific regions as local specialities rather than the market dominated by leeches and cheap imports. In other words: let us enjoy the good fruits of our European soil in all its varieties and leave the foreign plonk for what it is (and tax the shit out of those imports !).

I think that drinking alcohol with for dinner should be encouraged as well and develop a culture much like those of France and Italy but in our case it would be mostly table beer (dunbier (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tafelbier) and sjoes (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sjoes)) as its traditional area (in other words: partially returning to the world of our ancestors) and wine in more Southern areas as to stimulate the farmers into improving their produce and its overall quality.

Celestia
02-19-2020, 08:12 PM
No never :rolleyes:

pajkosbalna
02-19-2020, 08:16 PM
Few times.

Lemminkäinen
02-19-2020, 08:21 PM
Yeah, with schoolmates vodka and cheap brandy.

catgeorge
02-19-2020, 08:25 PM
I used to take a sip of my dads ouzo when I was young - he didnt mind too much but mum was freaking out.

developed a taste - ouzo + red hot peppers + fetta + olives + bread, cigar and I'm in heaven.

Daco Celtic
02-19-2020, 08:40 PM
Hell yeah. We used fake IDs, had older brothers by it for us, brings back memories. Everyone here is such angels.

catgeorge
02-19-2020, 08:46 PM
Hell yeah. We used fake IDs, had older brothers by it for us, brings back memories. Everyone here is such angels.

Well not really - its just a different lifestyle between Greek village and Western suburbia.. we were more interested in hunting, fishing and girls than getting off our faces. We were riding motorbikes from the age of 10.

Kivan
02-19-2020, 08:47 PM
Sometimes when i was with friends.

TheMaestro
02-19-2020, 08:49 PM
Oh my goodness, I drank like a fish...!:p

Although I regret smoking all that marijuana...

Fucked up your mind eh? Do you think mind ever gets out of the stage?

TheMaestro
02-19-2020, 08:50 PM
Brother of my great-grandma never got married and he always gave me beer when we went to visit him, I was 9 XD

The Blade
02-19-2020, 08:51 PM
Yes. Whiskey (mainly on holidays) ever since I was 12.

Ülev
02-19-2020, 08:56 PM
yeah, I am drinking right now a beer, and because in 2011 I had clinical death I am underage :rolleyes:

Daco Celtic
02-19-2020, 09:01 PM
Yes. Whiskey (mainly on holidays) ever since I was 12.

Honorary Irishman

Mr.G
02-19-2020, 09:05 PM
Not only was I underage, but my first drink was 151 proof rum.

Lucas
02-19-2020, 09:06 PM
Few times in meaningful amounts until 18.
But it was different story when I started studies:)