PDA

View Full Version : Why are the English of the West Midlands the bluest-eyed people in England?

Septentrion
11-02-2018, 02:18 PM
These West Midlanders (50% blue-eyed) are about as blue-eyed as the Danish total (50.7% blue-eyed). I thought the East Anglians would be.

Creoda
11-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Why shouldn't they be? East Anglia has more influence from Southern peoples than the West Midlands.

Septentrion
11-03-2018, 04:43 AM
Why shouldn't they be? East Anglia has more influence from Southern peoples than the West Midlands.

Fair enough that makes sense. Well my take, was due to the fact that East Anglia is said to be the "most Germanic" region of Britain, it should also be the bluest-eyed, right? I guess not!

Creoda
11-03-2018, 05:23 AM
Fair enough that makes sense. Well my take, was due to the fact that East Anglia is said to be the "most Germanic" region of Britain, it should also be the bluest-eyed, right? I guess not!
That might be so for Blondism, but I thought blue eyes were amongst the most common in Insular Celts. Besides, I personally believe that Lancashire, Yorkshire and the North Midlands are another hotspot of Germanic influence, as much as the South East & East Anglia.

Septentrion
11-03-2018, 02:59 PM
That might be so for Blondism, but I thought blue eyes were amongst the most common in Insular Celts. Besides, I personally believe that Lancashire, Yorkshire and the North Midlands are another hotspot of Germanic influence, as much as the South East & East Anglia.
Yorkshire (49% blue-eyed)
North-East England including Lancashire (47% blue-eyed)