PDA

View Full Version : Turkish mosques in the Netherlands want to silence Wilders and want his Twitter account to be remove

wvwvw
11-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Turkish mosques in the Netherlands want to silence Wilders and want his Twitter account to be removed
By PAUL DIJKS 5 November 2018

https://voiceofeurope.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/shutterstock_1047891943-e1541421271986.jpg

A foundation for the 144 Turkish mosques in the Netherlands is demanding that Twitter removes the account of PVV leader Geert Wilders.

The Turkish-Islamic Cultural Federation (TICF) considers many of Wilders’ statements to be contrary to Twitter’s terms of use.

If Twitter does not bow to their demands, and block the populist politician’s account, the foundation will take Twitter to court, lawyer Ejder Kose tells newspaper AD.

They plan to file charges against Twitter in four Islamic countries, Turkey, Morocco, Pakistan and Indonesia. Many of the things Wilders has said are punishable in those countries, Kose said.

“Twitter offers Wilders a platform to spread his hatred propaganda worldwide. This means that not only Wilders, but also Twitter, is punishable in those countries. The world is bigger than the Netherlands”, the lawyer said.

Kose referenced a September 2017 tweet posted by Wilders that said: “The truth: Mohammed is the example for more than 1 billion Muslims. Mohammed was a pedophile, mass murderer, terrorist and madman.”

The Turkish directorate for religious affairs with whom TICF is affiliated filed charges against Wilders for a video also posted on Twitter. The video says Islam equals discrimination, violence and terror, among other things. It ends with ‘Islam is death’, with blood dripping from the letters.

The Public Prosecutor did not prosecute Wilders for the video. “My client, the TICF, found that incomprehensible. We therefore started looking for other ways to stop Wilders.

If it does not work through criminal law, we’ll try civil law”, Kose said to AD. “Wilders has lost it, hurts Muslims structurally and legitimises violence. He regularly crosses the line of what should be allowed.”

Wilders replied on the lawyer’s statements via a private message. “I never incited violence, I condemn violence, it’s very vicious of that lawyer to conclude that, as there’s zero evidence for it,” Wilders says.

The question would remain that in such a situation; Geert’s comments on Twitter, including the video, though illegal in the four countries mentioned by Kose, they are not illegal in the Netherlands. Nor is Twitter based in any of those countries, therefore the laws in the four Islamic countries would seem irrelevant.

In response to the TICF’s intention on Twitter, Geert simply wrote, “Madness”.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrN9L5-WoAAnCFr?format=jpg

Yet Geert is not waning in popularity, the contrary: ‘‘Despite all the hatred and opposition, I have the support of the Dutch people. That’s the only thing that matters!’’ Wilders said as polls in September revealed that 40% of all Dutchmen – millions of people – support the law he proposed in the Dutch Parliament to ban Islam from public spaces.

https://nltimes.nl/2018/11/05/mosques-want-populist-politician-wilders-banned-twitter

The Lawspeaker
11-05-2018, 10:12 PM
A fifth column wants to silence another fifth column.

Cristiano viejo
11-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Who the fuck are these brown MENAs to say to a Dutch what he has to say in his own country??

Incal
11-05-2018, 10:22 PM
144 turkish mosques? WOW!

Proto-Shaman
11-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Europe! stay strong! we will free you from these Illuminati rats!

StonyArabia
11-06-2018, 04:34 AM
Wilders look Asian, not really Dutch, is he is part Asian?

rein
11-06-2018, 04:35 AM

You gotta start somewhere.

The Lawspeaker
11-06-2018, 07:34 AM
You gotta start somewhere.

Throw both out ! Then you're getting somewhere !

Marmara
11-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Geert Wilders is an idiot, and yes, his tweet does spread hatred. He isn't criticizing anything but outright insulting. A politician from Turkey couldn't say something similar about Christianity.

The Lawspeaker
11-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Geert Wilders is an idiot, and yes, his tweet does spread hatred. He isn't criticizing anything but outright insulting. A politician from Turkey couldn't say something similar about Christianity.
To be harsh but honest: Geert is a fool but Turks don't belong here. They had 40 years to become good citizens and they haven't done so.

Marmara
11-06-2018, 07:45 AM
To be harsh honest: Geert is a fool but Turks don't belong here. They had 40 years to become good citizens and they haven't done so.

And what can i do about it?

The Lawspeaker
11-06-2018, 07:46 AM
And what can i do about it?
Nothing. But don't be surprised when Dutch vote for parties that want the whole lot leave the country.

Gold-Shekel
11-06-2018, 07:58 AM

They both need eachother to survive though, so it's no wonder. Look at Erdogan's attacks on the West, always before major elections.

The Turkish government wants Turks in the West to be persecuted so they can whine about how evil the West is.

The Lawspeaker
11-06-2018, 08:00 AM
They both need eachother to survive though, so it's no wonder. Look at Erdogan's attacks on the West, always before major elections.

The Turkish government wants Turks in the West to be persecuted so they can whine about how evil the West is.

I don't care. Kick them out ! We're not going to have a fifth column here.