PDA

View Full Version : How to "un-tan" the skin

leisitox
04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
I have a small curiosity, I have wondered how to reverse the process of tan naturally. If the sun tan our skin, what cause the opposite, to turn pale? the cold winter? and whether this process can be done in less time with some creams or other things?:confused:. I had wondered this because I have some tan lines and I dont care about but I dislike a little..

Black Sun Dimension
04-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Avoid direct sunlight as much as possible; or bleach your skin with this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoroantimonic_acid).

leisitox
04-26-2011, 07:00 PM
I have been avoiding direct sunlight for like 6 months and nothing happens:(, my skin keeps the same colour. like not paper white but a white pinkish tone in the untanned part and in my arms like light copper color, it is very constrained one and other:eek:

Peerkons
04-26-2011, 07:15 PM
haha wannabe nord
you will stay wog 4life, mate ;)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_gKQKwLZ8XUs/TESdILPvyoI/AAAAAAAADZg/4qB5llbf_WM/Vintage-Ads-Chlorinol.jpg

Gaztelu
04-26-2011, 07:16 PM
You should be proud of you wogness.

I know I am.

poiuytrewq0987
04-26-2011, 07:22 PM
You should be proud of you wogness.

I know I am.

Wog and proud.

Rouxinol
04-26-2011, 07:24 PM
My skin exposed to the sun UV radiation on a daily basis (facial skin, for instance) has a level of tan than even during the winter remains always more tanned than the rest, that is, it never reaches the level of the areas of my skin protected from the sun UV radiation. Why would anyone want to be pale as a dead corpse anyway? It gives an unhealthy look, like if one has anemia. That counts on sexual selection. :lol:

Aramis
04-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Go visit a shrink first.

Ivanushka-supertzar
04-26-2011, 07:27 PM
I think we can exchange our skins - I will give you mine and take yours. Because Im always having a hard time trying to catch a good tan. :thumb001:

Ill send you mine by Fedex tomorrow. ;)

Tony
04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
I have a small curiosity, I have wondered how to reverse the process of tan naturally. If the sun tan our skin, what cause the opposite, to turn pale? the cold winter? and whether this process can be done in less time with some creams or other things?:confused:. I had wondered this because I have some tan lines and I dont care about but I dislike a little..
Technically paleness doesn't exist , it's conceptually lack of tan , there's the same relationship that exist between cold and warm , cold doesn't exist , it's mere lack of warmth.
That's why it's so difficult to get cold/pale but so easy to get warm/tan.
Thermodynamical principle...

If you wanna turn pale there's nothing "active" , just be passive that it don't expose your skin at sun , when walking prefer shady areas or early/late hours , for example...

Black Sun Dimension
04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
C'mon, look at the bright side: you guys rarelly sunburn.

Franz
04-26-2011, 07:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KvM5X.jpg

+

http://i.imgur.com/ZAzsG.png

Blossom
04-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Rub it rub it till you scrub it.

Nah, really...that's not natural, so you shouldnt do it. Senseless. You are as you are and that's all about it. First step to be successful in life is accepting yourself and being selfconfident.:)

Himera
04-26-2011, 08:10 PM
I adore pale people .. I always have wish to protect them during the summer :p:D;)

Maybe better than trying to get more pale skin is to "teach" pale people trying not to imitate " pop culture trade imperatives" , I have already written somewhere on the Apricity- there are pale girls around who treate themselves as "sick" whit that skin tone and its sun possibilities ... that is low self conscience and zombie custom manner of life ...
conformism can be very stupid thing
Pale is aristo and will always be ...:)
p.s. light olive skin girl :p

askra
04-26-2011, 08:14 PM
use an anti tan lotion, move in arctic and antarctic regions where sun rays are very feeble, or wear this cute and confortable anti UV-suit:
http://www.landesbioscience.com/curie/images/chapters/Sarasin1color.jpg
:cool:

Black Sun Dimension
04-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Why would anyone want to be pale as a dead corpse anyway?

:lol:

poiuytrewq0987
04-26-2011, 08:42 PM
I adore pale people .. I always have wish to protect them during the summer :p:D;)

Maybe better than trying to get more pale skin is to "teach" pale people trying not to imitate " pop culture trade imperatives" , I have already written somewhere on the Apricity- there are pale girls around who treate themselves as "sick" whit that skin tone and its sun possibilities ... that is low self conscience and zombie custom manner of life ...
conformism can be very stupid thing
Pale is aristo and will always be ...:)
p.s. light olive skin girl :p

Pics, pics of this light olive-skinned girl!:hug:

poiuytrewq0987
04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
use an anti tan lotion, move in arctic and antarctic regions where sun rays are very feeble, or wear this cute and confortable anti UV-suit:
http://www.landesbioscience.com/curie/images/chapters/Sarasin1color.jpg
:cool:

This works too:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_u3lFqBksmrE/TD9eauric8I/AAAAAAAAfvo/ZRhjRwkry34/s1600/burqa1.jpg

Fortis in Arduis
04-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Avoid the sun and the damage (permanent redness) that it causes.

There are some types of lasering which can remove broken vessels which causes redness on the nose for example.

Wear SPF everyday, or use products with SPF and cover up, wear a hat, if that is what you desire.

Susi
04-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Hmm thinking about it, I kind of hate being so pale for a few reasons... like looking like a ghost at parties... it doesn't seem bad when I'm on my own but with my more tanned friends it's... ridiculous. I also feel like none of my muscle definition shows. However my skin doesn't tan, it just turns red and kind of scaley. and it's really dry. I wish it could, just a little bit, but this burning happens even with obsessively applied sun cream :( Be grateful for having skin that can tan ;)

Grumpy Cat
04-27-2011, 04:20 AM
I don't think there is a way other than to let it fade.

SwordoftheVistula
04-27-2011, 05:33 AM
Well first you gotta actually be white but then not hanging around in the sun too long will let you quickly revert to a naturally pure white state :thumb001:

Rouxinol
04-27-2011, 06:16 AM
Only mad people will restrain themselves from sun exposition in order to reverse or prevent tanning (maybe Michael Jackson would do this). If the madness is too extreme and endures for years, associated to a bad nutrition, worse. To the OP, sun light in moderate quantities is beneficial to humans since UV-B radiation enhances vitamin D production in the skin and thus boosts calcium absortion in the gut. In women this is of special importance, since they tend to lose bone density when their estrogen levels decline during and after menopause, which may lead to osteomalacia and/or osteoporosis - that's not good to deal with.

Юлия
04-29-2011, 02:54 AM
I adore pale people .. I always have wish to protect them during the summer :p :D ;)

For me it depends on degree of "paleness". I remember how many years ago (in my childhood) I looked Argentinian TV series like "Antonella", "Perla Negra", "Celeste"... LOL (now even ridiculous to think) :icon_cheesygrin: :cool: And actress Andrea Del Boca was the main heroine of these series. I have been just fascinated by her. She had (and she HAVE still, by the way :)) amazing pale skin. I always considered it as her main zest, because this almost white skin looked very beautiful on her. But when I imagine the man with white skin... Bua... No, thanks.

I'm sorry leisitox, but I cannot advise something efficient to you. I think that it's impossible to solve your kind of problem. Matter of time.

Andrea:

LightInDarkness
01-21-2012, 01:47 AM
The only people that can really "un-tan" or get lighter in the winter are Europeans.

heathen_son
01-21-2012, 02:55 AM
What is the obsession?

Let nature do it's thing. The human body responds to sunlight, which varies from phenotype to phenotype. A tan (or lack of) should be a natural by-product of your body reacting to your environment.

When I worked on a farm, I tanned all summer. When the winter came, there was little sun and little reason to remain outside so I was paler.

I find nothing vainer than people intentionally seeking a tan, so I suppose that applies to people intentionally trying to look less tanned too. Though behaviourly, it's a bit more vampiric :worried1:

Imgermanic
01-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Hmm thinking about it, I kind of hate being so pale for a few reasons... like looking like a ghost at parties... it doesn't seem bad when I'm on my own but with my more tanned friends it's... ridiculous. I also feel like none of my muscle definition shows. However my skin doesn't tan, it just turns red and kind of scaley. and it's really dry. I wish it could, just a little bit, but this burning happens even with obsessively applied sun cream :( Be grateful for having skin that can tan ;)

I curse the lady that made the Tan fashionable in the 60's!!!! This self hating whiteness is bad media shit.
Spray Tann works for me' and I still keep my white natural European skin underneath. Your skin on top (the skin that as been bleached brown) flakes off after a week' if you wished to stay white don't get another spray tan' if so' go and get another spray tan.
At least being white we can make our-self's darker or lighter' a nigger they will always be a nigger!

LightInDarkness
01-21-2012, 03:21 AM
I curse the lady that made the Tan fashionable in the 60's!!!! This self hating whiteness is bad media shit.
Spray Tann works for me' and I still keep my white natural European skin underneath. Your skin on top (the skin that as been bleached brown) flakes off after a week' if you wished to stay white don't get another spray tan' if so' go and get another spray tan.
At least being white we can make our-self's darker or lighter' a nigger they will always be a nigger!

ROFL XD

Raikaswinþs
01-21-2012, 03:38 AM
The only people that can really "un-tan" or get lighter in the winter are Europeans.

False. Have met even blacks whose pigmentation varied in the winter. specially mulattoes.

But middle easterners, east asians..mainly everybody with a middle skin tone (orangeish to olive) untans better than somebody with a extreme skintone (pinkish pale or very dark)

Hence a Spaniard, a Japanese or an Armenian, tans and untans much better (at least in terms of bigger chromatic range) than an (archetype) Northern European.

Continental Euros , specially Slavs, also tan and untan nicely.

Fernando
01-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Staying natural is the best way.

leisitox
01-21-2012, 03:44 AM
lovely how you revive a thread from like 8-10 months when I was 1 week on vacation :D

Supreme American
01-21-2012, 03:59 AM
In my experience it seems that if one burns badly enough, it can permanently (or at least cause longterm) damage the skin.

Example: I went to St Petersburg Beach, Florida in May of 2010 and made the mistake of swimming at noon in the Gulf of Mexico for 2 or 3 hours with no sunscreen on.

That evening, rather suddenly my upper back felt like it was on fire. By the time the next day came, I was in pain, my shoulders were dark red, the skin was almost scaly, and after a couple days began slightly blistering. It hurt like hell to touch it. After the dark red left, I had dark brown which then peeled from top to bottom twice like a snake shedding skin. Now, in early 2012, when I look at my back in the mirror, I can still see a more pale line on both sides of where my swimsuit strap was. The skin around it is like a very lightly tanned color.

Supreme American
01-21-2012, 04:04 AM
And btw -- tanning is way overrated. Pale is beautiful!

LightInDarkness
01-21-2012, 04:38 PM
False. Have met even blacks whose pigmentation varied in the winter. specially mulattoes.

But middle easterners, east asians..mainly everybody with a middle skin tone (orangeish to olive) untans better than somebody with a extreme skintone (pinkish pale or very dark)

Hence a Spaniard, a Japanese or an Armenian, tans and untans much better (at least in terms of bigger chromatic range) than an (archetype) Northern European.

Continental Euros , specially Slavs, also tan and untan nicely.
Probably only mulattoes since they're only half-black. What I meant by un-tan are Italians/Greeks. In the winter they can get as pale as some northern Euros. I've seen it happen.

@Lagergeld, it's happened to me to. I have a very light Celtic skin type and burn like a piece of paper.

Supreme American
01-21-2012, 04:44 PM
@Lagergeld, it's happened to me to. I have a very light Celtic skin type and burn like a piece of paper.

It's being in a very large body of water that really gets me. I can spend half a day atop a 14,000 foot peak in the Rocky Mountains and not remotely burn anything like that. I go swimming in Florida, I'm screwed.

Minesweeper
01-21-2012, 04:48 PM

Rub your skin hard with rough towel every time after you take a bath. Doing so, you will soon remove old tanned skin and have your natural color.:D

Supreme American
01-21-2012, 05:15 PM

Stay out of the sun, use sunscreen.

Vasconcelos
01-21-2012, 05:16 PM
I actually heard that while sunscreen makes you harder to tan, it also makes the tan last longer. Dunno if there's any truth in this, though.

LightInDarkness
01-21-2012, 05:21 PM
My advice: Don't do any damage you might regret to your skin such as bleaching/tanning salons. Keep your natural self intact. You won't regret it later on in life. Take precautions whenever going outside in extremely hot/cold weather. This is all the sane advice I or anyone can really give.