PDA

View Full Version : Which the weaker country in the European Union?

Catarinense1998
11-08-2018, 01:41 PM
I'm talking about economy and culture.
Add note: this thread ia a complete garbage. Malta is the weaker, economically, so, none needs to talk about it. About culture, it is wrong consider some culture weak and inferior. Thanks all.

Thanks Jana for the Map:
https://i1.wp.com/geoawesomeness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/european-union-brexit-political-map-with-european-union-member-states.jpg

Phenix
11-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Grosso modo: everything east of Austria and south of Finland.
Seriously: Bulgaria.

PS: the map has no significance, why using two colors? and Croatia is not included.

Gold-Shekel
11-08-2018, 02:22 PM
I'm talking about economy and culture.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/European_Union_symbols.svg

Obviously Croatia. Reasoning behind it: it's not even in the EU on that map.

Rgvgjhvv
11-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Lithuania?

Decius
11-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Economically it’s Greece. I don’t know what you mean by “worst culturally”

Thanas Django
11-08-2018, 02:30 PM
Economically it’s Greece by far. I don’t know what you mean by “worst culturally”

Can you show me a comparison between Greece and Bulgaria during the crisis? I mean, you must have based your conclusion on something tangible.

Rgvgjhvv
11-08-2018, 02:30 PM
Can you show me a comparison between Greece and Bulgaria during the crisis? I mean, you must have based your conclusion on something tangible.

He's very anti-Greek lately this twat

Kamal900
11-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Has to be Bulgaria and Macedonia(I know it's not part of the EU but it's gonna be soon).

Jana
11-08-2018, 02:32 PM
no idea.

Catarinense1998
11-08-2018, 02:42 PM
Economically it’s Greece. I don’t know what you mean by “worst culturally”

I mean what country have the minor cultural influence.

Papastratosels26
11-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Bulgaria, Romania imo

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Vasconcelos
11-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Malta

Catarinense1998
11-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Malta

Malta was my first guess too.

Vasconcelos
11-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Malta was my first guess too.

It's the obvious choice. It's so "weak" (read: small) people even forget it exists

Nurzat
11-08-2018, 05:21 PM
source: Economy of the European Union, Economies of member states (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_European_Union#Economies_of_member_ states)

everyone mentioning Romania, but in spite of the lower wages, there are also low prices and very low unemployment and it doesn't feature in the 'bad' lists below, except the one for GDP/capita.

by these lists it seems the Mediterranean is on a bit of recession lately (Greece, Spain, Italy, Cyprus and Croatia especially)

EU member states GDP (nominal) per capita 2017, lowest (under 12,000 euro):
Croatia
Romania
Bulgaria

EU member states GDP (nominal) 2017, lowest (under 100 billion euro):
Slovakia
Luxembourg
Bulgaria
Croatia
Slovenia
Lithuania
Latvia
Estonia
Cyprus
Malta

EU member states real GDP growth rates 2017, lowest (under 2%):
Belgium
United Kingdom
Italy
Greece

EU member states yearly growth average, 2012-2017, lowest (under 1%):
Croatia
Finland
Portugal
Italy
Cyprus
Greece

EU member states public debt as % of GDP, 2017, highest debt (above EU limit of 60%):
Greece
Italy
Portugal
Belgium
France
Spain
Cyprus
United Kingdom
Austria
Croatia
Slovenia
Hungary
Ireland
Germany
Finland

EU member states HICP inflation rate, 2017, highest (above 1.9% EU limit)
Lithuania
Estonia
Latvia
United Kingdom
Hungary
Czech Republic
Belgium
Austria
Luxembourg
Spain

Unemployment rate, highest
Greece 20.1%
Spain 16%
Italy 10.8%
France 9.2%
Croatia 9%
Cyprus 8.9%

Index of Economic Freedom, 2017, lowest, rated red
Greece
Slovenia
Croatia

ooops
11-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Bulgaria is the poorest and most corrupt country in the EU but we are not culturally inferior to Slovenians or Romanians

Catarinense1998
11-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Bulgaria is the poorest and most corrupt country in the EU but we are not culturally inferior to Slovenians or Romanians

Why slovenians or romanians are inferior, culturally?

Jana
11-08-2018, 05:35 PM
source: Economy of the European Union, Economies of member states (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_European_Union#Economies_of_member_ states)

everyone mentioning Romania, but in spite of the lower wages, there are also low prices and very low unemployment and it doesn't feature in the 'bad' lists below, except the one for GDP/capita.

Romania has lowest houshold income per capita in entire EU : http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/show.do?dataset=ilc_di04&lang=en
since you put us on these shame lists I return the favor :thumb001:

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Croatia probably, or Bulgaria.

Catarinense1998
11-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Croatia probably, or Bulgaria.

It is Malta, according to economy.

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 05:40 PM
It is Malta, according to economy.

I forgot they existed NGL.

Kaspias
11-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Bulgaria.

Jana
11-08-2018, 05:44 PM
del

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Coming from a Serb :laugh:

I was in Romania and it looks like Bosnia compared with Croatia in terms of infrastructure development. Def. look visibly poorer despite of foreign factories that boost their GDP.

Serbia isn't in the EU, if it was it would be on the list. Much of Croatia looks like a third world country, especially some of the old roads.

Nurzat
11-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Romania has lowest houshold income per capita in entire EU : http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/show.do?dataset=ilc_di04&lang=en
since you put us on these shame lists I return the favor :thumb001:

it is not a contest and it wasn't me who put Croatia on those lists, I listed the official source which clearly shows Croatia together with the other Mediterranean nations constantly featuring on the concern scores in this moment in the European Union (high unemployment rate, low GDP per capita, fragile economic freedom, high public debt, low economic growth). it is no problem to me to admit all Romania's flows and I am known not to be 'proud' of the country in any way (I didn't care which countries are those lists, I only listed the concern zones in each rankings to give a relevant opinion on the economic landscape of Europe now).

Jana
11-08-2018, 05:46 PM
del

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 05:48 PM
it is not a contest and it wasn't me who put Croatia on those lists, I listed the official source which clearly shows Croatia together with the other Mediterranean nations constantly featuring on the concern scores in this moment in the European Union (high unemployment rate, low GDP per capita, fragile economic freedom, high public debt, low economic growth). it is no problem to me to admit all Romania's flows and I am known not to be 'proud' of the country in any way (I didn't care which countries are those lists, I only listed the concern zones in each rankings to give a relevant opinion on the economic landscape of Europe now).

Jana makes everything personal, I post in this thread and she instantly quotes me and calls me Serv, I have nothing against this woman but it isn't mutual sadly. Outside of microstates like Malta; Croatia and Bulgaria are weakest and poorest.

Jana
11-08-2018, 05:48 PM

Yes but Romania is bigger shithole than my country, trust me on that. We are shithole compared to Slovenia and even Hungary but def. not with Romania.

Jana
11-08-2018, 05:50 PM
del

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Are you implying i'm hitting on you ? :lol:

Romania is poorer than Croatia loonie, houshold income per capita in Romania is three times lower than in Croatia and you can see poverty there that I have never seen in my country.

No, you have a bias against me that is what I am implying, a grudge perhaps. Household income is a biased statistic due to the wealthy businesses on the coastal region making a lot of money, much of that doesn't trickle down to the people, average income and wagesare really terrible in the country and unemployment is extremely high. In some parts of Croatia you'd think you're in Kenya by how underdeveloped it is. I think Romania is a wealthier country no offence.

Jana
11-08-2018, 05:55 PM
especially some of the old roads.

We have better motorway infrastructure than any eastern country lol. Croatian roads are on German level, Czech Republic and Hungary have shit roads compared with us. And most of it was build in early 2000s.
https://www.total-croatia-news.com/travel/28903-roads-in-croatia-ranked-13th-best-in-the-world

https://i.imgur.com/eny0mzv.png

Delusional jelaous Serb because his country roads are shit.

Nurzat
11-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Are you implying i'm hitting on you ? :lol:

Romania is poorer than Croatia loonie, houshold income per capita in Romania is three times lower than in Croatia and you can see poverty there that I have never seen in my country.

Transylvania has many Gypsy villages. instead regions like Bucovina look no way less than Austria. it depends where you go - Romania has the biggest difference in Europe between poor communities and richer communities. it is a land of contrasts. no one is on the average. some rural areas in Transylvania are indeed 3rd world

Jana
11-08-2018, 05:58 PM
del

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 05:59 PM
I don't visit Serbia I don't have many family there so I can't tell you whether the roads are good or not. Serbian roads aren't very good probably, but Serbia isn't in the EU. If Serbia was in the EU then it would be on the list as well I have already admitted that, but we are talking about nations in the EU and Croatia is undoubtedly extremely poor so stop mentioning Serbia it has nothing to do with the thread it's a non-eu country. Motorways in Hrvatska are good thanks to EU investment doesn't change the fact most of the infrastructure is shocking and not what one would expect of a 1st world country. Why do you hate Romania so much.

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Romanian GDP per capita is pumped by foreign factories which Croatia doesn't have but most of that GDP goes out of the country.
Unemployment in Croatia is below 10 percent, which extremely high ?

Kenya ? Than Romania is Somalia and Aghanstan and Syria togheder clown. There is unimaginable shit I have seen in Romania. Please quit these fairy tale, Romania is beautiful country but we are literally west compared to them, from infrastructure, salaries, violent crime rate, look of the cities and many other things.

Romania's unemployment is 4 percent, Western standards. Croatia's unemployment is 10 percent, Balkan standards. Romania's gdp is what, 4 times Croatias?

Ülev
11-08-2018, 06:02 PM
http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/384040,EC-takes-Poland-to-court-over-violations-of-judicial-independence :rolleyes:

Jana
11-08-2018, 06:03 PM
del

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 06:06 PM
No debil, Croatian motorways are build before EU and they are not EU investment otherwise Romania and all other countries would have them, but they don't. Transylvania double bigger than Hungary has less motorways than one Croatian region.
Which infrastructure is shocking ? In areas your chetnik Serbs destroyed and burned ? :laugh:

We have great infrastructure, don't make me post some from my region beacuse it will put Serbia to shame.
I don't hate Romania, I am just laughing how you called Romania more developed than Croatia because it is fantastic fairy tale.

You are obsessed with Serbia, it isn't even in the EU and has nothing to do with this topic, this is the 3rd time I have admitted Serbia would be at the top of my list as the poorest if it were to enter the EU, this is a really strange obsession.

Chetnik Serbs didn't burn anything, it was Orthodox Croats burning Catholic Croat lands, according to you. Romania's gdp is over 4 times the amount of Croatia's, it's a more well known and established nation and also a lot safer.

Nurzat
11-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Romanian GDP per capita is pumped by foreign factories which Croatia doesn't have but most of that GDP goes out of the country.
Unemployment in Croatia is below 10 percent, which extremely high ?

Kenya ? Than Romania is Somalia and Aghanstan and Syria togheder clown. There is unimaginable shit I have seen in Romania. Please quit these fairy tale, Romania is beautiful country but we are literally west compared to them, from infrastructure, salaries, violent crime rate, look of the cities and many other things.

you are wrong about the crime rate - Romania has one among the lowest in Europe, it is comparable to the crime rate in Iceland or Denmark (index is in the low 20's). Croatia has a low crime rate as well (most important cities go from 18 to 30).

source (https://www.numbeo.com/crime/gmaps.jsp)

you are also wrong on the salaries - net wage is officially gone over 580 euro at country level and in the cities the jobs pay more than that on average, to compensate for the small towns and villages that have lower wages.

reliable source, Mediafax (https://www.mediafax.ro/economic/salariul-mediu-net-in-aprilie-a-crescut-la-2-713-lei-dintr-un-brut-de-4-512-lei-domeniul-unde-s-au-inregistrat-cele-mai-mari-castiguri-17249610)

Maintenance
11-08-2018, 06:09 PM
Croatia, imagine if they had no tourism at all.

Jana
11-08-2018, 06:09 PM
Romania's unemployment is 4 percent, Western standards. Croatia's unemployment is 10 percent, Balkan standards. Romania's gdp is what, 4 times Croatias?

:lmao: Yes Romania is west compared to Balkanic Croatia HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Romania has 20 million people , Croatia 4. You like to count total GDP, than India is one of richest countries in the world :laugh:

Current GDP per capita (October 2018)

Romania 12.19 000 USD
Croatia 14.64 000 USD

You are laughable clown. https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDPDPC@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD

Jana
11-08-2018, 06:11 PM
you are wrong about the crime rate - Romania has one among the lowest in Europe, it is comparable to the crime rate in Iceland or Denmark (index is in the low 20's). Croatia has a low crime rate as well (most important cities go from 18 to 30).

I received PM by Romanian member here to warn us to avoid travel by night because Gypsy gang often flatten your tires and than rob you on main roads in Romania.
Large Gypsy population makes me feel less safe than in Croatia.

Jana
11-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Romania's gdp is over 4 times the amount of Croatia's, it's a more well known and established nation and also a lot safer.

:picard2::picard2::picard2:

HAHAHA

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 06:13 PM
:lmao: Yes Romania is west compared to Balkanic Croatia HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL, Romania looks like deep Balkan compared to us. Romania has 20 million people , Croatia 4. You like to count total GDP, than India is one of richest countries in the world :laugh:

Current GDP per capita (October 2018)

Romania 12.19 000 USD
Croatia 14.64 000 USD

You are laughable clown. https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDPDPC@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD

Honey, overall GDP is the more important statistic. What is the wealthiest nation, China or USA? According to your logic, Qatar is the wealthiest nation because it has the highest per capital GDP. No one in their right mind would say such a thing. Romania is over 4 times wealthier than Croatia. Stick to making goulash for your husband.

Jana
11-08-2018, 06:15 PM
Honey, overall GDP is the more important statistic. What is the wealthiest nation, China or USA? According to your logic, Qatar is the wealthiest nation because it has the highest per capital GDP. No one in their right mind would say such a thing. Romania is over 4 times wealthier than Croatia. Stick to making goulash for your husband.

:lmao:

Fantastic, nice to know you consider India richer than France. :lmao: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

:lol:

ARE YOU F**** SERIOUS ???!!!

Ülev
11-08-2018, 06:17 PM
I missed that "war" so much! :rolleyes:
:popcorn:

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 06:19 PM

Fantastic, nice to know you consider India richer than France. :lmao: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

As a whole it is, and any economist will tell you this. According to your logic, Brunei is wealthier than the USA, Ireland is wealthier than China, and Bahrain is wealthier than Germany. When we discuss the wealth of a nation, we refer to its overall GDP. Romania in that sense is wealthier than Croatia, even with Croatia's coastal tourism; and most of Croatia's wealth doesn't get distributed to the people, it is just wealthy hotel owners making a killing. Please don't swear, it is not lady like.

The Lawspeaker
11-08-2018, 06:20 PM

you are also wrong on the salaries - net wage is officially gone over 580 euro at country level and in the cities the jobs pay more than that on average, to compensate for the small towns and villages that have lower wages.

reliable source, Mediafax (https://www.mediafax.ro/economic/salariul-mediu-net-in-aprilie-a-crescut-la-2-713-lei-dintr-un-brut-de-4-512-lei-domeniul-unde-s-au-inregistrat-cele-mai-mari-castiguri-17249610)
Maybe because their gypsies are now in Western Europe.

Nurzat
11-08-2018, 06:21 PM

you need some guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABb6Ab3GonY

Maybe because their gypsies are now in Western Europe.

that is true as well, but does not change the fact that in the past years Romania has had one of the lowest criminality rates in Europe, you can walk alone at night in big cities, unlike in most of the West

Ayetooey
According to Jana's logic the Isle of Man is wealthier than the United States. Roll over Marx, Milton Friedman, Jana's in town.

Isle of Man 84,600 2014 est.
United States 59,500 2017 est.

Jana
As a whole it is, and any economist will tell you this. According to your logic, Brunei is wealthier than the USA, Ireland is wealthier than China, and Bahrain is wealthier than Germany. When we discuss the wealth of a nation, we refer to its overall GDP. Romania is wealthier than Croatia, even with Croatia's coastal tourism. Please don't swear, it is not lady like.

No because nominal GDP is connected to size of one country lmao. Romania is 4 times larger than Croatia thus has larger nominal GDP. If it didn't, It would be Afghanistan.

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 06:23 PM
No because nominal GDP is connected to size of one country lmao. Romania is 4 times larger than Croatia thus has larger nominal GDP. If it didn't, It would be Afghanistan.

Not really, it's a factor but that's it. If we follow your logic, the Isle of Man is wealthier than the USA, even you are not drunk enough to say such a thing surely?

Jana
11-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Not really, it's a factor but that's it. If we follow your logic, the Isle of Man is wealthier than the USA, even you are not drunk enough to say such a thing surely?

Why not ? Some areas of US like Detroit are literally third world.

Nurzat
11-08-2018, 06:33 PM
no Romanian member offended her in any way and all that I posted in this thread was backed by direct link to official reliable statistical data. that data also says Croatia is doing poorer or much poorer than Romania on most economic rankings of the EU (only exceptions are GDP per capita and household income out of about 10 rankings), but I wasn't even stressing Croatia or picking it from the lists, there were all the other countries for which it applies, with no focus on Croatia (Greece, Spain, Italy or Cyprus are heavily featured on those rankings too). yet she has this reaction:

https://scontent.fsbz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45718473_10210786287293132_6845753475515547648_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fsbz1-1.fna&oh=8e326d34c8760422e71c8aeb9c9cd534&oe=5C7FBB6D

you need guru (I really recommend Sadhguru, I follow him)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxoQdEhHaT8

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 06:35 PM
no Romanian member offended her in any way and all that I posted in this thread was backed by direct link to official reliable statistical data. that data also says Croatia is doing poorer or much poorer than Romania on most economic rankings of the EU (only exceptions are GDP per capita and household income out of about 10 rankings), but I wasn't even stressing Croatia or picking it from the lists, there were all the other countries for which it applies, with no focus on Croatia (Greece, Spain, Italy or Cyprus are heavily featured on those rankings too). yet she has this reaction:

https://scontent.fsbz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45718473_10210786287293132_6845753475515547648_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fsbz1-1.fna&oh=8e326d34c8760422e71c8aeb9c9cd534&oe=5C7FBB6D

She is a very lost person, she should be banned for such statements, and for sharing her account with her husband who is banned from this website (which is a bannable offence). I still stand by my statement without any offence to these people, Croatia + Bulgaria are the poorest non micro nations in the EU.

Nurzat
11-08-2018, 06:38 PM
She is a very lost person, she should be banned for such statements, and for sharing her account with her husband who is banned from this website (which is a bannable offence). I still stand by my statement without any offence to these people, Croatia + Bulgaria are the poorest non micro nations in the EU.

I would not go that far, it is ok, some people do not accept their country's status (Romanians on this forum are even more delusional in general), so I would not be so harsh on Jana :) if she will listen to Sadhguru she will be very ok and more compassionate, less proud, less egocentric.

in the end she only exaggerated the problems that Romania anyway really has

Thanas Django
11-08-2018, 06:39 PM

A typical little bitch behaviour called "virtue signalling" and a cheap way for estrogenics to feel good about themselves.

Insuperable
11-08-2018, 06:43 PM

She mentioned Romania out of blue. Maybe it was Stears.

Jana
11-08-2018, 06:43 PM
del

Thanas Django
11-08-2018, 06:44 PM
I would not go that far, it is ok, some people do not accept their country's status (Romanians on this forum are even more delusional in general), so I would not be so harsh on Jana :) if she will listen to Sadhguru she will be very ok and more compassionate, less proud, less egocentric.

in the end she only exaggerated the problems that Romania anyway really has

You are such a well behaved boy.

maybe we'll find a fat woman to pity-sleep with you one day.

Nurzat
11-08-2018, 06:45 PM

I was one of those poor children. I've worked it out. hard work and a clear mind pay off in the end. I still insist you watch those Sadhguru videos at least out of curiosity. it will help you find inner peace

Jana
11-08-2018, 06:47 PM
I was one of those poor children. I've worked it out. hard work and a clear mind pay off in the end. I still insist you watch those Sadhguru videos at least out of curiosity. it will help you find inner peace

will.

Ayetooey
11-08-2018, 06:48 PM
will.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/victory-happy-goal-scream-emotions-romanian-football-fan-game-support-romania-national-team-grey-background-68190021.jpg

pelikarski
11-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Bulgaria

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
11-08-2018, 08:06 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/European_countries_by_share_of_total_Europe%27s_No minal_GDP.jpg

Damiăo de Góis
11-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Weaker?

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-european-union.asp

Joso
11-08-2018, 09:59 PM
United Kingdom, this why they left the EU

StonyArabia
11-08-2018, 10:46 PM
probably Bulgaria

Joso
11-08-2018, 10:58 PM

cool

Nurzat
11-09-2018, 08:19 PM
cool

yes, Sadhguru and other Indian masters and such literature helped me temper my anger and aggressiveness and start to realize the true nature of things.

until a few years ago I used to often get into fights in bars and clubs, I got into quarrel with different foreigners and offended them (Arab and Black medicine students and different Erasmus students, usually from Spain, I didn't like them especially, all coming here to get pussy), and also with locals of course. I got kicked out of many bars in the city I was living in (studied there and worked there) and in some they remembered me and didn't allow me in. sometimes I got beaten and I got scared something serious could happen to me, but mostly I was kicking their ass and got even more scared that I could seriously hurt someone someday and get into trouble, and all really for nothing.

I think it's about two years from the last fight and in the meantime I realized a lot of things and spent much time to think things over, to focus on what's important to me, to see the nature of things, not the superficial ideas we make of things or worse, to think what others want us to think (through school, TV etc).

it also got me good reasoning to position myself against nationalism and feminism, the two big ideologies nowadays, one being obsolete and the other one just evil.

Dragoon
11-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Can point to the "richest" countries and their massive debt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt

or the southern Europeans countries known as "pigs" (portugal, italy, greece, spain)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIGS_(economics)

or central/east/southeast for still being behind in gdp.

arkas
11-12-2018, 03:27 AM
I mean what country have the minor cultural influence.

I think Slovenia might have the least cultural influence on other countries within the EU.