11-10-2018, 09:53 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/5yBYtySK/Untitled.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pTSekgP.gif

oszkar07
11-10-2018, 10:03 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/5yBYtySK/Untitled.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pTSekgP.gif

Cool results .
In your oppinion which tests is better the latest Ancestry or 23 and me.
I plan to do either of these tests soon but trying to choose which one would be better.

Gründig
11-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Still waiting for my results brey chaaa

Jana
11-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Boyfriend's results :)
https://i.imgur.com/NEt4aTn.png

de Burgh II
11-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Cool results .
In your oppinion which tests is better the latest Ancestry or 23 and me.
I plan to do either of these tests soon but trying to choose which one would be better.

I like both equally, but I've grown to like Ancestry better in terms of its regional breakdown and genetic communities. Seems more accurate with the update.

For its ancestral migration patterns, family/ancestor information and dna breakdown; I'd get ancestrydna.

For health reports, neanderthal ancestry and constant community updates with new physical traits/genetic dispositions; I'd get 23andme.

GreentheViper
11-10-2018, 10:28 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/10nc783.jpg

Creoda
11-10-2018, 10:29 PM
https://s15.postimg.cc/hutyfvwkr/ancestry_v4.jpg

Leto
11-10-2018, 10:41 PM
https://s15.postimg.cc/hutyfvwkr/ancestry_v4.jpg
Are you a second or third generation Australian?

Creoda
11-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Are you a second or third generation Australian?
First. My family's been here since 1961.

de Burgh II
11-10-2018, 11:20 PM
Le bump! :p

paradox
11-10-2018, 11:44 PM
First. My family's been here since 1961.You are second generation. Your family who migrated to Australia are considered first generation Australians.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

paradox
11-10-2018, 11:51 PM
Mine and my father's https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181111/d8695f6bc024dcab37ab093c52b38a44.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181111/3fe513264ec928bd7b3474d22b7a9955.jpg

Creoda
11-11-2018, 12:02 AM
You are second generation. Your family who migrated to Australia are considered first generation Australians.

I don't consider them Australians, and neither do they. Besides that would make me third generation, as my grandparents came here in 1961, ridiculous.

I don't think you should be considered fully Australian unless all 4 grandparents were born here, at least.

Iloko
11-11-2018, 12:12 AM
https://i.imgur.com/cEXCoXC.jpg

Daco Celtic
11-11-2018, 12:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/yAcm7n9.jpg

paradox
11-11-2018, 12:21 AM
I don't consider them Australians, and neither do they. Besides that would make me third generation as my grandparents came here in 1961, ridiculous.Fair enough, ofcourse you're all entitled to consider yourselves as you wish. I was just stating it from a "what is considered an Australian citizen point of view". My parents migrated here and my dad considers himself very Australian as do I. Very interesting that you consider yourself only first generation.

Leto
11-11-2018, 07:09 AM
I don't consider them Australians, and neither do they. Besides that would make me third generation, as my grandparents came here in 1961, ridiculous.

I don't think you should be considered fully Australian unless all 4 grandparents were born here, at least.
There's no Australian ethnicity. About 1/3 of the pop is foreign-born according to a quick Internet search. You are Australian if you were born there and have Australian citizenship.

Grace O'Malley
11-11-2018, 07:47 AM
There's no Australian ethnicity. About 1/3 of the pop is foreign-born according to a quick Internet search. You are Australian if you were born there and have Australian citizenship.

There are some people that have been here for generations and are not even really sure of where their family originally came from just some vague notions of "England and I think we have some Irish etc" so they are Australian IMO. I've been here for most of my life but I never say "I'm Australian" even though there are people here a lot less years than myself but consider themselves just Australian. Some people come as adults and consider themselves "Australian". It is just an individual thing. I have my own identity and don't really care what other people label me. Some people insist I'm Australian because I've been here most of my life and when in Ireland some consider me Irish and some don't. I don't have any identity issues myself. In Australia they are very inclusive and if you went to school here and came out as a kid like I did they consider you an Aussie. Some famous Australians like Olivia Newton-John, Mel Gibson and ACDC were not born here but are considered Australian. I personally think if you were born overseas you have to consider that country as part of your identity as well but people have different opinions. I like Australia and think it is a great country and most of my experiences are here but I still identify as Irish and know the history, culture, genetics etc. Sometimes I think the diaspora of an ethnicity can feel more attached than people that have always lived in their country of origin.

Luckily I don't have any conflicts though because Australian and Irish culture has a lot of similarities and they are both western countries so there is no clash of civilisations or identity issues going on. :) Australians don't have any issues with Irish either so you don't have any problems integrating and your children definitely won't.

Creoda
11-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Thank you for educating me about Australia and Australians.

I didn't mention an Australian ethnicity, but there is an Australian people at least approaching an ethnicity, that is the Anglo-Celtic Aussies whose identity and mixed ancestry goes back in this country to Colonial times, and whom the formal Australian nation was founded by and for, until the floodgates were opened to everyone else post-war. People who are first generation are not as Australian as multi-generationals with roots in the country, it's nonsense to suggest they are. None of my family were Anzacs at Gallipoli or in WWII, which is something central to Australian identity.

Leto
11-11-2018, 08:39 AM
Thank you for educating me about Australia and Australians.

I didn't mention an Australian ethnicity, but there is an Australian people at least approaching an ethnicity, that is the Anglo-Celtic Aussies whose identity and mixed ancestry goes back in this country to Colonial times, and whom the formal Australian nation was founded by and for, until the floodgates were opened to everyone else post-war. People who are first generation are not as Australian as multi-generationals with roots in the country, it's nonsense to suggest they are. None of my family were Anzacs at Gallipoli or in WWII, which is something central to Australian identity.
I'm sorry, sir, I didn't mean to be smug. I understand what you mean, however I think that would better apply to the US, 'cause the US has an older white population going back to the 13 colonies (the 17th century), while in Australia the oldest families have been there for 200 years at best, since it was discovered only in the late 18th century.

Leto
11-11-2018, 08:43 AM
There are some people that have been here for generations and are not even really sure of where their family originally came from just some vague notions of "England and I think we have some Irish etc" so they are Australian IMO. I've been here for most of my life but I never say "I'm Australian" even though there are people here a lot less years than myself but consider themselves just Australian. Some people come as adults and consider themselves "Australian". It is just an individual thing. I have my own identity and don't really care what other people label me. Some people insist I'm Australian because I've been here most of my life and when in Ireland some consider me Irish and some don't. I don't have any identity issues myself. In Australia they are very inclusive and if you went to school here and came out as a kid like I did they consider you an Aussie. Some famous Australians like Olivia Newton-John, Mel Gibson and ACDC were not born here but are considered Australian. I personally think if you were born overseas you have to consider that country as part of your identity as well but people have different opinions. I like Australia and think it is a great country and most of my experiences are here but I still identify as Irish and know the history, culture, genetics etc. Sometimes I think the diaspora of an ethnicity can feel more attached than people that have always lived in their country of origin.

Luckily I don't have any conflicts though because Australian and Irish culture has a lot of similarities and they are both western countries so there is no clash of civilisations or identity issues going on. :) Australians don't have any issues with Irish either so you don't have any problems integrating and your children definitely won't.
Well, that's what happens in all "post-national" states where all races and cultures are welcome. Basically everyone can be X which means no one is X because being X just doesn't mean a thing. A nation is people, culture, history, etc., not a piece of paper IMO.

Leto
11-11-2018, 08:50 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181111/3fe513264ec928bd7b3474d22b7a9955.jpg

South Slavic?

Creoda
11-11-2018, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry, sir, I didn't mean to be smug. I understand what you mean, however I think that would better apply to the US, 'cause the US has an older white population going back to the 13 colonies (the 17th century), while in Australia the oldest families have been there for 200 years at best, since it was discovered only in the late 18th century.
No probs. I'm also skeptical of considering White Australians or Americans as legitimate ethnicities unto themselves, but try telling them they are something else. They are in a difficult halfway house of identity. And American euromutts, forget about it.

Leto
11-11-2018, 01:31 PM
No probs. I'm also skeptical of considering White Australians or Americans as legitimate ethnicities unto themselves, but try telling them they are something else. They are in a difficult halfway house of identity. And American euromutts, forget about it.
What about the Abos? I read most of them are mixed as hell, like 70+% are intermarried. Why such a crazy rate of intermarriage? I mean maybe white genetics would make them more appealing but their looks are not appealing to any other group of people at all.

Creoda
11-11-2018, 02:30 PM
What about the Abos? I read most of them are mixed as hell, like 70+% are intermarried. Why such a crazy rate of intermarriage? I mean maybe white genetics would make them more appealing but their looks are not appealing to any other group of people at all.
A large imbalance in the white male to female ratio in the early days of settlement and remote parts of Australia, and a hell of a lot of grog. So many were killed off by disease just like the Amerindians, the ones with European blood likely had a natural advantage surviving. I suppose there was also an insane idea to try to assimilate them into the white population in the mid 20th century, which brought a lot of them into urban white areas, and those mixed urban Abos have more access to welfare, lower mortality, and breed like rabbits. For whatever reason Aboriginal physical traits disappear a lot faster than African ones when mixing with Europeans, so there are many with significant Abo admixture that you would hardly notice unless you looked closer.

http://www.kooriweb.org/foley/essays/neville2.jpg

Leto
11-11-2018, 03:48 PM
A large imbalance in the white male to female ratio in the early days of settlement and remote parts of Australia, and a hell of a lot of grog. So many were killed off by disease just like the Amerindians, the ones with European blood likely had a natural advantage surviving. I suppose there was also an insane idea to try to assimilate them into the white population in the mid 20th century, which brought a lot of them into urban white areas, and those mixed urban Abos have more access to welfare, lower mortality, and breed like rabbits. For whatever reason Aboriginal physical traits disappear a lot faster than African ones when mixing with Europeans, so there are many with significant Abo admixture that you would hardly notice unless you looked closer.

http://www.kooriweb.org/foley/essays/neville2.jpg
Yeah, I've seen that picture before. Impressive, I'm fascinated by genetic dilution in general. I mean when you see kids with blonde hair, blue eyes and all and know they are, say, 1/4 African, South Indian or Filipino.
Why is that idea insane? There will be no more of those exemplary ugly archaic Abos, and the fake Abos will basically be 'Aboriginal' in name only (like the Cherokee in America, whiter than most mestizos). In a couple of generations they will probably be diluted completely, aside from a small minority that lives in remote areas.

Mark M
11-11-2018, 05:27 PM
Ethnicity Estimate
Updates
Ireland and Scotland
69%
Munster, Ireland
Southern Ireland
England, Wales & Northwestern Europe
27%
Sweden
4%

Jana
11-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I've seen that picture before. Impressive, I'm fascinated by genetic dilution in general. I mean when you see kids with blonde hair, blue eyes and all and know they are, say, 1/4 African, South Indian or Filipino.
Why is that idea insane? There will be no more of those exemplary ugly archaic Abos,

I heard whites are extremely ugly to their eyes too, like they are to us xD

Leto
11-11-2018, 05:33 PM
I heard whites are extremely ugly to their eyes too, like they are to us xD
I doubt it. White genetics and light skin in general are very much desirable among blacks, East and South Asians for example. Asian women massively fall for white men, black men love white women, Bollywood actors are much more light skinned than the average Indian.

Jana
11-11-2018, 08:48 PM
I doubt it. White genetics and light skin in general are very much desirable among blacks, East and South Asians for example. Asian women massively fall for white men, black men love white women, Bollywood actors are much more light skinned than the average Indian.

That is because white dominated World nothing else and in India because of Aryan invasion and domination. But for Abos this meant nothing and Whites Were extremely foreign and ugly to them. I read it in one study about their history.

Btw in old China before white colonisation extreme mongoloid look (small eyes flat face and pale) was beauty ideal. They preferred Tungid/North Sinid look over south sinids with large round eyes for example that look more alike to Whites apart from their darker skin.

Leto
11-11-2018, 09:01 PM
That is because white dominated World nothing else and in India because of Aryan invasion and domination. But for Abos this meant nothing and Whites Were extremely foreign and ugly to them. I read it in one study about their history.

Btw in old China before white colonisation extreme mongoloid look (small eyes flat face and pale) was beauty ideal. They preferred Tungid/North Sinid look over south sinids with large round eyes for example that look more alike to Whites apart from their darker skin.
Lol. Whites are to blame for non-whites wanting to mix with whites. For fuck's sake, whites are to blame literally for everything. Are you kidding me? That's BS. East Asia never had a large white colonial population, I mean China, Japan, Korea, etc. The Aryan invasion of India was so long ago (around 3,500 years ago), yet you think that standard still remains. Most blacks in Africa probably never see a white person until they come to a white-majority country.

Leto
11-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Anyway, who cares what the Australian Aboriginals think about race. Apparently not even themselves

Intermarriage rate

The proportion of Aboriginal adults married (de facto or de jure) to non-Aboriginal spouses increased to 74% according to the 2011 census,[178] up from 71% in 2006, 64% in 1996, 51% in 1991 and 46% in 1986. The census figures show there were more intermixed Aboriginal couples in capital cities: 87% in 2001 compared to 60% in rural and regional Australia.[179] It is reported that up to 88% of the offspring of mixed marriages subsequently self identify as Indigenous Australians.[172]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Australians#Demographics

Jana
11-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Lol. Whites are to blame for non-whites wanting to mix with whites. For fuck's sake, whites are to blame literally for everything. Are you kidding me? That's BS. East Asia never had a large white colonial population, I mean China, Japan, Korea, etc. The Aryan invasion of India was so long ago (around 3,500 years ago), yet you think that standard still remains. Most blacks in Africa probably never see a white person until they come to a white-majority country.

No. I lived among Non Whites so I know them. Most people of color are not interested in Whites neither They want to mix with them, just like most of Whites have no interest towards Non Whites nor Desire to mix with them.

Most people everywhere prefer their own kind and especially those that live more Traditional lifestyle without exposure to the outer World. In India more Aryan look is obviously Associated with higher Social status and wealth so obviously that Plays a role in popularity of whiter phenotypes rather than aestetic preference.

Most girls in East Asia who Andore Whites are teens who Watch MTV and Hollywood films , Western music etc that is dominating the World not because Whites are seen as traditionally beautiful there. They are not.
Japanese have seen Whites as Scary barbarian and subhuman looking not long ago, obviously situation radically changed after They Were culturally conquered by the US and west.

Just like lot of European Teen girls love K pop boys including my cousin not because Whites love Mongoloid look but because K pop became widely popular across the Globe recently.

Without all these influences you will get the World where overwhelming majority of people likes those that look similar to them and come from similar background like them.

Leto
11-11-2018, 09:16 PM
No. I lived among Non Whites so I know them. Most people of color are not interested in Whites neither They want to mix with them, just like most of Whites have no interest towards Non Whites nor Desire to mix with them.

Most people everywhere prefer their own kind and especially those that live more Traditional lifestyle without exposure to the outer World. In India more Aryan look is obviously Associated with higher Social status and wealth so obviously that Plays a role in popularity of whiter phenotypes rather than aestetic preference.

Most girls in East Asia who Andore Whites are teens who Watch MTV and Hollywood films , Western music etc that is dominating the World not because Whites are seen as ttraditionally beautiful there. They are not.

Just like lot of European Teen girls love K pop boys including my cousin not because Whites love Mongoloid look but because K pop became widely popular among the Globe recently.

Without all these influences you will get the World where oberwhelming majority of people likes those that look similar to them and come from similar background like them.
Where did you live among them? In Croatia and in Hungary? Give me a break, those are the most homogenous places that remain in Europe. Gypsies are not included, they indeed rarely mix for their own reasons.

Jana
11-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Where did you live among them? In Croatia and in Hungary? Give me a break, those are the most homogenous places that remain in Europe. Gypsies are not included, they indeed rarely mix for their own reasons.

In New York dummie :) I went to Non white majority school for a year, most students there Were triracials from Caribbean (Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic).

Leto
11-11-2018, 09:21 PM
In New York dummie :) I went to Non white majority school for a year, most students there Were triracials from Caribbean (Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic).
Okay. I obviously don't know much about you (not that I'm interested in anyone's personal life).
Latinos are especially obsessed with whiteness. Ask the guy silentkiller, he is Russian and lived in Peru for like 3 years or so. Has a lot to tell about them.

Jana
11-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Okay. I obviously don't know much about you (not that I'm interested in anyone's personal life).
Latinos are especially obsessed with whiteness. Ask the guy silentkiller, he is Russian and lived in Peru for like 3 years or so. Has a lot to tell about them.

They are very racist/classist yes, but They don't like Whites in general.

Centurion
11-12-2018, 06:37 AM
Updated results:

https://i.imgur.com/AXsIbw8.png

Previous ones:

https://i.imgur.com/SYZG7aw.png

Updated results makes more sense than the previous ones in my case.

paradox
11-12-2018, 08:45 AM
South Slavic?Hellenised Vlach

Nazarene
11-12-2018, 09:47 AM
50% Caucasus
32% Middle East
18% Iran/Persia

Creoda
11-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Why is that idea insane? There will be no more of those exemplary ugly archaic Abos, and the fake Abos will basically be 'Aboriginal' in name only (like the Cherokee in America, whiter than most mestizos). In a couple of generations they will probably be diluted completely, aside from a small minority that lives in remote areas.
Maybe that's good for them (I don't care), but it's not good for us. It's like saying you should assimilate all the Mongoloids and Caucasians into the Russian population.

Leto
11-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Maybe that's good for them (I don't care), but it's not good for us. It's like saying you should assimilate all the Mongoloids and Caucasians into the Russian population.
Actually I'd prefer that to the continuous spread of Islam. Especially Caucasians are already caucasoid and part European. Without Islam they'd be just swarthy semi-Europeans. But the Abos in Australia are a much smaller population, like 3% or so including all the mixed ones.

Richmondbread
11-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Your results are what mine should be.

Creoda
11-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Actually I'd prefer that to the continuous spread of Islam. Especially Caucasians are already caucasoid and part European. Without Islam they'd be just swarthy semi-Europeans. But the Abos in Australia are a much smaller population, like 3% or so including all the mixed ones.
When they lived away from whites and their numbers were lower they were out of sight out of mind and not much of a problem. Now they're an eternal issue, and the political agitants are always urban half, quarter or 1/8 breeds, never the full blooded, who are barely conscious most of the time. From an anthropological sense it would be a slight shame to lose them only to be replaced with millions of Abo Elizabeth Warrens.

Leto
11-12-2018, 09:39 PM
When they lived away from whites and their numbers were lower they were out of sight out of mind and not much of a problem. Now they're an eternal issue, and the political agitants are always urban half, quarter or 1/8 breeds, never the full blooded, who are barely conscious most of the time. From an anthropological sense it would be a slight shame to lose them only to be replaced with millions of Abo Elizabeth Warrens.
I agree then. Looks like a good source of SJWs.

bullocks
11-17-2018, 07:58 AM
Here are mine:

Tooting Carmen
11-17-2018, 04:56 PM

The only East Asian women who marry White men en masse are those who live in the West (especially the US). By contrast, countries like Japan and Korea are among the most homogeneous and ethnocentric places on Earth. And South Asians certainly don't marry out much - they may value lighter skin, but they prefer light-skinned Indians and Pakistanis, not Europeans (or MENAs).

Light
11-25-2018, 08:55 AM
It's been a while since I've last checked this forum.

I noticed that my AncestryDNA results have been updated.

Here are the old ones:

Europe East - 57%
South Europe - 36%

Low Confidence Region
Iberian Peninsula - 1%
Ireland - < 1%
Europe West - < 1%
European Jewish - < 1%
West Asia
Low Confidence Region
Middle East - 2%
Caucasus - 1%

Here are the updated results:

Eastern Europe & Russia - 71% (Range: 69%—98%)
Greece & the Balkans - 29% (Range: 28%—29%)

What do you think about this?

Leto
11-25-2018, 05:44 PM
It's been a while since I've last checked this forum.

I noticed that my AncestryDNA results have been updated.

Here are the old ones:

Europe East - 57%
South Europe - 36%

Low Confidence Region
Iberian Peninsula - 1%
Ireland - < 1%
Europe West - < 1%
European Jewish - < 1%
West Asia
Low Confidence Region
Middle East - 2%
Caucasus - 1%

Here are the updated results:

Eastern Europe & Russia - 71% (Range: 69%—98%)
Greece & the Balkans - 29% (Range: 28%—29%)

What do you think about this?
I think it's much better now. All the noise is gone.

Leto
11-25-2018, 05:45 PM
Here are mine:

Are you quarter Ukrainian, Russian or Polish?

Rædwald
11-25-2018, 05:57 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/zXD5bPpT/Screenshot-2018-11-25-at-15-26-44.png

Leto
11-25-2018, 06:13 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/zXD5bPpT/Screenshot-2018-11-25-at-15-26-44.png
The Native part is the same on GEDmatch?

Rædwald
11-25-2018, 06:20 PM
The Native part is the same on GEDmatch?

Population Percentage
North_Atlantic 46.39%
Baltic 23.54%
West Mediterranean 15.17%
West Asian 3.00%
East Mediterranean 5.54%
Red Sea 0.11%
South Asian 2.46%
East Asian 0.00%
Siberian 0.00%
Amerindian 2.95%
Oceanian 0.43%
Northeast African 0.42%
Sub-Saharan 0.00%

About the same on K13, it's lower on every other calculator though.

Leto
11-25-2018, 07:09 PM
Population Percentage
North_Atlantic 46.39%
Baltic 23.54%
West Mediterranean 15.17%
West Asian 3.00%
East Mediterranean 5.54%
Red Sea 0.11%
South Asian 2.46%
East Asian 0.00%
Siberian 0.00%
Amerindian 2.95%
Oceanian 0.43%
Northeast African 0.42%
Sub-Saharan 0.00%

About the same on K13, it's lower on every other calculator though.
Others may break it down into Siberian, North Asian, Arctic and things like that.

Richmondbread
11-25-2018, 07:33 PM
These DNA tests are fake and irrelevant.

Rædwald
11-25-2018, 07:33 PM
Others may break it down into Siberian, North Asian, Arctic and things like that.

True, and I have known Native American ancestors about 10 Generations back.

Gründig
11-25-2018, 07:43 PM
These DNA tests are fake and irrelevant.

No, you're just unhappy with your results.

Gründig
11-25-2018, 07:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/048INlm.jpg

Richmondbread
11-25-2018, 10:11 PM
True, and I have known Native American ancestors about 10 Generations back.

Do you have a documented NA ancestor? Which tribe?

Joso
11-25-2018, 10:14 PM
don't have

Rædwald
11-25-2018, 10:19 PM
Do you have a documented NA ancestor? Which tribe?

https://i.postimg.cc/SK01zFsx/Screenshot-2018-11-25-at-19-47-59.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Membertou

Bogdan
11-25-2018, 10:52 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/16ivedf.jpg

Richmondbread
11-26-2018, 02:31 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/SK01zFsx/Screenshot-2018-11-25-at-19-47-59.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Membertou

Hmm.. Well my 10th great grandmother was Kaokee Pettus of the Patawomeck Indian tribe and it doesn't show up on the test for some reason.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/131606355/ka_okee_jane-pettus

This is documented and I met our tribe at the family reunion. I am not adopted. I wonder why yours came though, and it's even further back than mine.

Profileid
11-26-2018, 05:37 PM
Meade wants to be native because he thinks it makes him special. But he's already very special

Rædwald
11-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Hmm.. Well my 10th great grandmother was Kaokee Pettus of the Patawomeck Indian tribe and it doesn't show up on the test for some reason.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/131606355/ka_okee_jane-pettus

This is documented and I met our tribe at the family reunion. I am not adopted. I wonder why yours came though, and it's even further back than mine.

https://i.postimg.cc/hjKqfcV9/Screenshot-2018-11-26-at-15-23-32.png

This is the most recent Native American ancestor I recently found, that makes more sense given my 3% :lol:

Rædwald
11-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Meade wants to be native because he thinks it makes him special. But he's already very special

It's what makes me so pretty :rolleyes:

Richmondbread
11-26-2018, 06:20 PM

No, I don't feel special. It's just part of my heritage.

Profileid
11-27-2018, 12:04 AM
No, I don't feel special. It's just part of my heritage.

it's not though. you're not even really that german either. your highest component on 23andme is lithuanian

Grebnaws
11-27-2018, 08:25 PM
First post here, I am beginning to gather results from my family and my partner as well. Some of them are proving quite resistant to being tested. We just had our first child and it sparked some interest in both of us. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181127/da63265cac63d7af536b323f07d73477.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

RenaRyuguu
11-27-2018, 08:36 PM
First post here, I am beginning to gather results from my family and my partner as well. Some of them are proving quite resistant to being tested. We just had our first child and it sparked some interest in both of us. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181127/da63265cac63d7af536b323f07d73477.jpg

Some members are gonna love your results since you're only Northwestern European. That's pretty rare on this forum! You should make a classify me thread as well as a thread with your results.

Grebnaws
11-27-2018, 08:43 PM
Some members are gonna love your results since you're only Northwestern European. That's pretty rare on this forum! You should make a classify me thread as well as a thread with your results.I may do that. The results are somewhat surprising although I'm certainly nothing special. I expected more variety in myself and less in my partner. I thought I may have detected a Euro-centric atmosphere one or twice while browsing, but I am a casual reader and just here for the information.

Leto
11-27-2018, 11:15 PM
Some members are gonna love your results since you're only Northwestern European. That's pretty rare on this forum!
Yep, on a supposedly European forum genuinely white people have become rare. Nice.

bobleaux
11-28-2018, 09:29 PM
Ancestry.com is broken. My results used to be inline with my parents before the update.

My results are extremely different on 23andMe and Gedmatch. Both show much more Spain & Italy like my mom + 2.5% NA + 1% SSA. Does anyone else see a problem with this? Plus how am I 3% Sardinian when my parents are not? These results look like I'm not my mother's child. Yet Ancestry confirms that I am.

Me
---
http://i68.tinypic.com/qq8w77.png

Mom
---
http://i63.tinypic.com/afjbic.png

Dad
---
http://i68.tinypic.com/2evg7zl.png

lonewolfcypriot
11-28-2018, 11:22 PM

Rgvgjhvv
11-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Do most people feel the update is much better?

celticdragongod
11-30-2018, 10:41 PM
My results:

Ethnicity Estimate

Ireland & Scotland 100%

-Ulster, Ireland

--North Midlands
--Ulster East

Lemgrant
12-02-2018, 06:04 PM

Leto
12-02-2018, 06:19 PM
What's your background? Why is Lithuania not in the Baltic category?

nittionia
12-02-2018, 06:22 PM

I don't... my results were better before (but still not good). It'll probably be a while before another update too :/

Lemgrant
12-02-2018, 06:24 PM
What's your background? Why is Lithuania not in the Baltic category?

I actually don't know my background. I'm from Ukraine.

Leto
12-02-2018, 06:27 PM
I actually don't know my background. I'm from Ukraine.
My guess is Ukrainian and Russian :)

Lemgrant
12-02-2018, 07:03 PM
My guess is Ukrainian and Russian :)

I look like mix of Slavs with Estonians/Latvians/Lithuanians. Many people here in Greece say that I look like German.

Leto
12-02-2018, 07:04 PM
I look like mix of Slavs with Estonians/Latvians/Lithuanians. Many people here in Greece say that I look like German.
Are you a Greek citizen?

Lemgrant
12-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Are you a Greek citizen?

Yes, I have Greek citizenship.

Leto
12-02-2018, 07:15 PM
Yes, I have Greek citizenship.
Interesting, 'cause you don't have Greek ancestry.

Lemgrant
12-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Interesting, 'cause you don't have Greek ancestry.

I acquired Greek citizenship because I graduated here from school, university and lived for more than 10 years. I gave an exam and went through an interview to get it.

Leto
12-02-2018, 07:26 PM
I acquired Greek citizenship because I graduated here from school, university and lived for more than 10 years. I gave an exam and went through an interview to get it.
Ok. Looks like you are integrated into the society.

Rgvgjhvv
12-03-2018, 04:01 PM
I don't... my results were better before (but still not good). It'll probably be a while before another update too :/

Oh man, sad

bobleaux
12-03-2018, 07:28 PM

OK, it's rant time.

I grew up in an 1840's Utah Territory based cult(ure) where "whiteness", specifically Northwestern European ancestry, was highly revered and coveted.

As a child, I was often treated like an unintelligent misfit because of my 50% Latin American heritage. To help me assimilate, I was "encouraged" to Anglicize my name and only speak English (or more specifically, *not* Spanish) as it helped others feel more at ease and would make me appear more culturally acceptable. I really tried to do this throughout most of my childhood; however, I failed to become culturally acceptable enough and was instilled with a strong sense of shame.

As a young adult, I replaced my shame with anger. "SCREW YOU! I am absolutely different! How dare you try to stuff me into your ethnic mold when I didn't fit?" I walked away from those who tried to make me feel "less than" and felt a new sense of freedom. Life finally became bright and beautiful!

As a not so young adult, I learned how to replace my anger with pride. I learned from my parents that I am a mixed child of the world! It is easier for me to list places in the world where my family IS NOT from rather than try to list it all. I joyously remember the day that I first got my Ancestry DNA results and it reflected all and more of what I already knew about my family's origins. I began to include many people of many different ethnic backgrounds as "my people" -- people from Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.

All is good with the world.

2018 Update

Now, I AM PISSED OFF!!! This update removed *all* of my non-European ancestry and most of my non-Northwestern European ancestry and made it appear as if I am genetically homogeneous to a group of people who only represent half of my DNA. I used to match almost 50/50 my parents ancestry. On 23andMe, I STILL DO! With this update, I barely match my mother ... as if she never existed. I am left feeling that the attempted ethnic cleansing process of my childhood still continues to this day.

I suspect it is due to partially matching a certain genetically un-diverse reference population with millions of submitted samples from people all searching for their "Native American Ancestors" (my my my have times sure changed). Since that reference population is part of an organization with strong financial ties to Ancestry.com, they certainly could not have their people believing that they were anything other than English, Irish, Scandinavian or Dutch.

I used to get constant messages from many of my 1000+ 4th cousins or closer because of my "Native American" ancestry --- "OOOH LOOK! WE'RE CHEROKEE!!! I ALWAYS KNEW IT!!! NATIVE PRIDE!!!"

"CHEROKEE??? My ancestors were Huarpe and spoke Quechua! Hey, ... didn't you used to call me a beaner when I was a kid?"

I guess I should be thankful for the update. I no longer get messages from people looking for their Cherokee Indian Princess Great-Grandmother....

Rgvgjhvv
12-03-2018, 07:35 PM

Ok

GreentheViper
12-03-2018, 07:48 PM

It's alright. I think it lowered my Iberian to less than it actually is, as I get more on Gedmatch.

Was it good for you?

Rgvgjhvv
12-03-2018, 07:52 PM
It's alright. I think it lowered my Iberian to less than it actually is, as I get more on Gedmatch.

Was it good for you?

I've never done the test before. I was asking hoping people were raving about it :lol:

I think I may still go through with it for the genealogical aspect of the website

bobleaux
12-03-2018, 07:59 PM
I've never done the test before. I was asking hoping people were raving about it :lol:

I think I may still go through with it for the genealogical aspect of the website

In spite of my overly dramatic rant, I do still think that it's a valuable test if you are researching genealogy and are trying to prove family lines that lack documentation. Just take the ethnicity estimates with a grain of salt.

Rgvgjhvv
12-03-2018, 08:06 PM
In spite of my overly dramatic rant, I do still think that it's a valuable test if you are researching genealogy and are trying to prove family lines that lack documentation. Just take the ethnicity estimates with a grain of salt.

Thanks, and yeah I think all of these tests aren't the greatest. Maybe in 10+ years, hopefully.

Creoda
12-05-2018, 06:17 AM
My latest update with the new Irish genetic communities

https://i.postimg.cc/rFVkqf7X/ancestrydec1.jpg

This is pretty much a perfect estimate for me. Ancestry is miles ahead of the rest.

Daco Celtic
12-06-2018, 02:52 AM
I also got an update today with new Irish genetic communities. I got 6 different communities around Cork.

https://i.imgur.com/2E4jwK7.jpg

Creoda
12-06-2018, 03:02 AM
I also got an update today with new Irish genetic communities. I got 6 different communities around Cork.

https://i.imgur.com/2E4jwK7.jpg
Fairly conclusive. Does that match with your known genealogy?

Daco Celtic
12-06-2018, 03:15 AM
Fairly conclusive. Does that match with your known genealogy?

Yes, I know my mother's side is from south Ireland. One great grandfather was born and raised in Clonakilty, to the southwest of Cork. It looks pretty consistent with what I know of my Irish side.

Daco Celtic
02-23-2020, 05:29 AM
https://i.imgur.com/cAMhies.jpg

Impaler
02-23-2020, 05:43 AM
https://i.imgur.com/cAMhies.jpg

Is that accurate for you?

Daco Celtic
02-23-2020, 05:51 AM
Is that accurate for you?

The Irish part is accurate but the Romanian side is a bit off, too north shifted in IMO. Since my grandparents are from Transylvania, I might have a 10% or so Magyar or Saxon mix, but I can't see it being that huge, who knows. 23andMe has me a basically a 50/50 Irish- Cluj Romanian but I have not idea if AncestyDNA goes further back.

Impaler
02-23-2020, 05:59 AM
The Irish part is accurate but the Romanian side is a bit off, too north shifted in IMO. Since my grandparents are from Transylvania, I might have a 10% or so Magyar or Saxon mix, but I can't see it being that huge, who knows. 23andMe has me a basically a 50/50 Irish- Cluj Romanian but I have not idea if AncestyDNA goes further back.

AncestryDNA goes more back, around 1000 years, as far as I know. 23andMe not more than 500 years, 300-500.

Tortfeasor
02-24-2020, 06:51 PM
Mine changed a good bit.95807

Wegner
03-12-2020, 01:14 PM
Ethnicity Estimate
Germanic Europe 48%
England, Wales & Northwestern Europe 30%
Sweden 14%
Southern Sweden
Nordöstra Skåne & Västra Blekinge
Älmhult
Skåne & Södra Halland
Småland & Halland
Eastern Europe & Russia 6%
Finland 2%

de Burgh II
07-05-2020, 04:32 PM
:white_gb:

https://i.ibb.co/rxvQscS/Annotation-2020-07-05-122738.jpg

ksha
09-13-2020, 10:33 AM
before update

https://i.ibb.co/XYK0cph/Pics-Art-09-13-12-26-24.png (https://ibb.co/XYK0cph)

after update...

https://i.ibb.co/CMWKJpW/Pics-Art-09-13-12-27-22.png (https://ibb.co/CMWKJpW)

Leto
09-13-2020, 12:25 PM
before update

https://i.ibb.co/XYK0cph/Pics-Art-09-13-12-26-24.png (https://ibb.co/XYK0cph)

after update...

https://i.ibb.co/CMWKJpW/Pics-Art-09-13-12-27-22.png (https://ibb.co/CMWKJpW)
Your distant Romani is evident. But it's like 1/8 or less, so basically tiny.
Do you think you have recent Czech or Polish ancestry?

ksha
09-13-2020, 12:34 PM
Your distant Romani is evident. But it's like 1/8 or less, so basically tiny.
Do you think you have recent Czech or Polish ancestry?

I don't know..i'm adopted ..only i knew about a roma greatgrandmother

Mopi Licinius Crassus
09-17-2020, 07:15 PM
my updated results:

https://i.imgur.com/Hh2kyI5.jpg?1

Matty74
09-18-2020, 04:33 AM
https://i.imgur.com/8Ylx2Rk.png

Aaxavns
10-28-2020, 10:10 AM
Thought I might post mine just for the sake of it...

Creoda
02-01-2021, 09:46 PM
I have American genetic communities:

New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania Settlers
From your regions: England & Northwestern Europe; Ireland; Scotland
-Mid-Atlantic Settlers

Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, Northern West Virginia & Maryland Settlers
From your regions: England & Northwestern Europe; Scotland
-Western Central Pennsylvania Settlers

Right in the middle of the Western Central Pennsylvania genetic region is Punxsutawney, which made me laugh - today is February 2 as well.

Leto
02-01-2021, 10:10 PM
I have American genetic communities:

New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania Settlers
From your regions: England & Northwestern Europe; Ireland; Scotland
-Mid-Atlantic Settlers

Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, Northern West Virginia & Maryland Settlers
From your regions: England & Northwestern Europe; Scotland
-Western Central Pennsylvania Settlers

Right in the middle of the Western Central Pennsylvania genetic region is Punxsutawney, which made me laugh - today is February 2 as well.
Punxsutawney sounds badass :cool:
Also this

As of the census[7] of 2010, there were 5,962 people, 2,573 households and 1,602 families in the borough. The population density was 1,836.2 people per square mile (708.0/km²). There were 3,042 housing units at an average density of 890.7 per square mile (343.4/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 98.8% White, 0.2% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.3% Asian, <0.1% from other races, and 0.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.8% of the population.

Wegner
02-12-2021, 01:55 AM
Ethnicity Estimate
Germanic Europe 48%
England, Wales & Northwestern Europe 30%
Sweden 14%
Southern Sweden
Älmhult
Skåne & Södra Halland
Småland & Halland
Eastern Europe & Russia 6%
Finland 2%

Here is the most recent one. The biggest change seems to be that my England/Wales/NW Europe percentage dropped and my Swedish percentage increased.

Ethnicity Estimate

Germanic Europe 50%
Sweden 25%
Southern Sweden
Älmhult
Skåne & Södra Halland
Småland & Halland
England & Northwestern Europe 14%
Ireland 4%
Eastern Europe & Russia 2%
Finland 2%
Norway 2%
Baltics 1%

Mopi Licinius Crassus
02-21-2021, 02:54 PM
My latest updated results

https://i.imgur.com/N8X5bEG.jpg?1

Celestia
02-21-2021, 03:06 PM
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=106163&d=1613923561

Mopi Licinius Crassus
02-21-2021, 03:13 PM
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=106163&d=1613923561

the layout of results is different to mine
I didn't realise Ancestry DNA have different formats for different countries

Celestia
02-21-2021, 03:15 PM
the layout of results is different to mine
I didn't realise Ancestry DNA have different formats for different countries

I used the app for it to give me that format of results

Gründig
02-21-2021, 03:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/MczzUGw.jpg

Mopi Licinius Crassus
02-21-2021, 03:17 PM
I used the app for it to give me that format of results

oh i see :thumb001:

JamesBond007
02-21-2021, 03:32 PM
My latest updated results

[img]https://i.imgur.com/N8X5bEG.jpg?1[/img[

Honestly, I'm sorry to say but these American themed tests are mentally retarded. You can't technically be 7 ethnicities. I mean you would probably really come out to be benelux or northern French genetically ,based on the above, but if you are in the UK and speak with a British accent then you are not French or Benelux in the strict sense of the word. If you are a law abiding British citizen there is nothing else for me to say. I can't say I'm more British just my genetics might since I was born in New York.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. evCHzA3HFIy0dTxT5tc6iQHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Mopi Licinius Crassus
02-21-2021, 03:52 PM
Honestly, I'm sorry to say but these American themed tests are mentally retarded. You can't technically be 7 ethnicities. I mean you would probably really come out to be benelux or northern French genetically ,based on the above, but if you are in the UK and speak with a British accent then you are not French or Benelux in the strict sense of the word. If you are a law abiding British citizen there is nothing else for me to say. I can't say I'm more British just my genetics might since I was born in New York.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. evCHzA3HFIy0dTxT5tc6iQHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1

yes usually on gedmatch oracle calculators I'm closest to the French

Rædwald
03-13-2021, 07:35 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/ydkg9fGd/DNA-Origins.png

mrt19
05-16-2021, 07:37 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/RCGqQ6pJ/Screenshot-40.png (https://postimg.cc/CdBFw1gw)bilder uploader (https://postimages.org/de/)
My is Lame (Turkish)

Richmondbread
05-16-2021, 07:46 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/ydkg9fGd/DNA-Origins.png

I wonder why you got Native and I didn't because I look way more Native than you do.