PDA

View Full Version : I want to try the Mediterranean Diet !

Richmondbread
11-16-2018, 01:14 AM
I am wanting to try a solid Med diet because I am getting closer to mid life and want to keep my heart healthy . Does anyone know about this diet and typically what kinds of foods I should stock in my kitchen?
I know it entails olive oil and nuts or something like that.

What does this seem like

A Greek salad with chicken (includes olive, jalepeno pepper and light dressing).
Some non fat greek yogurt
Bagel with cheese
Bread toasted dipped in olive oil
Turkey with cranberry dressing

Some cashew nuts. I also like to have broccoli and baby corn and some peas.

JosephK
11-16-2018, 01:19 AM
Yeah the best step is just to replace all of your oils (and butter, etc) with olive oil--preferably extra virgin... use it with everything. I haven't used butter in more than a decade, and I don't miss it...

Hadouken
11-16-2018, 01:24 AM
I dont understand how people who dont take medication or have some sort of problem with their thyroid or whatever have difficulties to lose weight

just eat less

eat healthier

and preferably do some workout

thats it ....

in my older days before I took medication whenever I wanted to get leaner I just ate less and replaced the junk food with more healthy foods and went to the gym more or went jogging etc. and I was a lot thinner within 1-2 months

I dont understand how you can struggle ....now for me with my medication that fucks up my metabolism it is harder but even I am not that fat . I dont understand people who are healthy but are fat as fuck . some self control please ...

Richmondbread
11-16-2018, 01:25 AM
I dont understand how people who dont take medication or have some sort of problem with their thyroid or whatever have difficulties to lose weight

just eat less

eat healthier

and preferably do some workout

thats it ....

in my older days before I took medication whenever I wanted to get leaner I just ate less and replaced the junk food with more healthy foods and went to the gym more or went jogging etc. and I was a lot thinner within 1-2 months

I dont understand how you can struggle ....now for me with my medication that fucks up my metabolism it is harder but even I am not that fat . I dont understand people who are healthy but are fat as fuck . some self control please ...

Because once you get really fat and stay there, it alters the DNA making it nearly impossible to maintain a healthy weight.

Hadouken
11-16-2018, 01:28 AM
Because once you get really fat and stay there, it alters the DNA making it nearly impossible to maintain a healthy weight.

I dont think this is true

the difference is that when you build new fat cells that your body will MORE EASILY get to that weight up again if you dont watch out . you basically set a new milestone with the new weight the more you go up

other than that it is still possible to lose weight when you are otherwise healthy and dont take medication . you just need to eat less than you burn

Richmondbread
11-16-2018, 02:03 AM
I dont think this is true

the difference is that when you build new fat cells that your body will MORE EASILY get to that weight up again if you dont watch out . you basically set a new milestone with the new weight the more you go up

other than that it is still possible to lose weight when you are otherwise healthy and dont take medication . you just need to eat less than you burn

Of course you can lose the weight, but formerly fat people actually burn less calories than their perpetually lean counter parts. Making it much easier to regain all that weight you have lost.

Mortimer
11-16-2018, 02:06 AM
I am wanting to try a solid Med diet because I am getting closer to mid life and want to keep my heart healthy . Does anyone know about this diet and typically what kinds of foods I should stock in my kitchen?
I know it entails olive oil and nuts or something like that.

What does this seem like

A Greek salad with chicken (includes olive, jalepeno pepper and light dressing).
Some non fat greek yogurt
Bagel with cheese
Bread toasted dipped in olive oil
Turkey with cranberry dressing

Some cashew nuts. I also like to have broccoli and baby corn and some peas.

sounds healthy. i use olive oil instead of fat or butter for cooking.

Ylla
11-28-2018, 10:17 PM
You don't need these diets and complex things. When u make it too difficult for yourself, you'll never do it. Keep it simple and realistic.
I lost mine by eating the minimum and light workouts it went in 6 weeks. It's simple formula 'eat less and burn more.

jackrussell
11-28-2018, 10:27 PM
I highly recommend water only fasting for ideal body weight.

Stop eating for few days , you won't die .

Joso
11-28-2018, 10:34 PM

lol i don't think so

Sebastianus Rex
11-28-2018, 10:48 PM
It's simple:
-eat more fish
-more vegetables (more colors the better)
-cut the sodas, drink only water, red wine or natural juices (beer is better than sodas)
- dont use low quality fats and oils, replace them for olive oil (extra virgin preferably)