PDA

View Full Version : Irish-American Heritage Month.

Beorn
03-05-2009, 01:50 AM
THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary
__________________________________________________ ___________
For Immediate Release March 2, 2009

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION

Even before the birth of our Nation, the sons and daughters of Erin departed their homes in search of liberty and a more hopeful future. As these early pioneers left familiar lands, they carried with them the rich traditions of home. This March we honor their journey and their lasting contributions to the history and culture of the United States.

Following the colonial migrations, the United States enjoyed the greatest influx of Irish during the 1840s as Ireland suffered the Great Famine. Hungry but hopeful, poor but perseverant, Irish-Americans seized the opportunity to work hard, enjoy success, and pursue the American Dream.
Many took on the difficult work of constructing America's infrastructure. Others assumed positions of leadership. Among those leaders were signers of the Declaration of Independence and Presidents of the United States. Still others enjoyed great success and influence in the arts and literature. From social activists to business leaders, athletes to clergy, and first responders to soldiers, distinguished Irish-Americans have made indelible contributions to our national identity.

Today, tens of millions of Irish-Americans can look back with pride on the legacy of their forebears. Irish-Americans are integral to the rich fabric of the United States, and we are grateful for their service and contributions.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Barack Obama, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim March 2009 as Irish-American Heritage Month. I encourage all Americans to observe this month with appropriate ceremonies, programs, and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of March, in the year of our Lord two thousand nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-third.

BARACK OBAMA
# # #

Source (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Irish-American-Heritiage-Month-2009/)

Is this for real?

Baron Samedi
03-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Wow.... Not bad.

Baron Samedi
03-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Source (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Irish-American-Heritiage-Month-2009/)

Is this for real?
And yes, .gov..... Should be real.

Æmeric
03-05-2009, 02:11 AM
It's real. It is within the authority of the president to make this sort of proclamation. It doesn't cost anything, no one is getting a paid holiday. I guess Irish-American month is Obama's way of pandering to lefty Irish-Catholic politicos like the Kennedys.:rolleyes2:

Gooding
03-05-2009, 02:27 AM
It's probably the one gesture Obongo will ever make to ease the tensions of white people.Negroes and other colored folk tend to believe that all white Americans are Irish..

Psychonaut
03-05-2009, 03:04 AM
Go back to Ireland you filthy potato eaters!!! :D

http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~el6/presentations/Irish_Americans_S2_WS2003/foto/Image7.gif

Gooding
03-05-2009, 03:08 AM
well, if they did that, then the multicles would think all white Americans were German ;)

Electronic God-Man
03-05-2009, 03:17 AM
Fuck the Irish and all their horrible breed in the Americas!

Led to nothin' but misfortune for the Anglo-Saxon!

-Bill "the Butcher" Poole

Jägerstaffel
03-05-2009, 03:24 AM
Bill - Don't mind him he used to be an Irishman

Psychonaut
03-05-2009, 03:27 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/3329391111_d5278db2bc_o.jpg

Electronic God-Man
03-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Shoulda never let those Paddy drunkard tater eatin' sons' o bitches in this land of civilized men anyways!

I'm so pissed I changed my avatar!!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

SouthernBoy
03-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Divide and conquer.

Æmeric
03-05-2009, 04:04 AM
What we need to do is appreciate the Native Americans (I don't mean the Injuns) without who there wouldn't be any of those hyphenated Americans.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/Citizen_Know_Nothing.jpg/458px-Citizen_Know_Nothing.jpg

Psychonaut
03-05-2009, 04:08 AM
What we need to do is appreciate the Native Americans (I don't mean the Injuns) without who there wouldn't be any of those hyphenated Americans.

Right. Three cheers for Nativism!!!

My father gave his life, making this country what it is. Murdered by the British with all of his men on the twenty fifth of July, anno domini, 1814. Do you think I'm going to help you befoul his legacy, by giving this country over to them, what's had no hand in the fighting for it? Why, because they come off a boat crawling with lice and begging you for soup.

Gooding
03-05-2009, 04:13 AM
HIP HIP...HOORAY

HIP HIP....HOORAY

HIP HIP....HOORAY
:D:thumb001::D:p

Gooding
03-05-2009, 04:16 AM
Divide and conquer.

Why not just conquer?:p

Electronic God-Man
03-05-2009, 04:23 AM
We are probably the only people that cheered for the Native Americans and Bill the Butcher in that film.

Everyone else was saying "Oh, but where did they come from originally??" and "Oh, that's so horrible! The Irish are such good people and they only meant to contribute to America's melting pot."

Psychonaut
03-05-2009, 04:26 AM
We are probably the only people that cheered for the Native Americans and Bill the Butcher in that film.

Everyone else was saying "Oh, but where did they come from originally??" and "Oh, that's so horrible! The Irish are such good people and they only meant to contribute to America's melting pot."

I know what you mean. I was just talking about this movie at work last week and mentioned something about how Bill was such a tragic character. Let's just say that eyebrows were raised.

Electronic God-Man
03-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Bill was such a tragic character.

I honestly felt for the poor bastard.

He seemed like a hero to me.

Galloglaich
03-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Unfortunately, this will probably be the best thing that will come from this jackass' term of office.

Creeping Death
03-05-2009, 07:16 AM
I detect a bit of jealousy here towards the Irish.

Electronic God-Man
03-05-2009, 07:32 AM

I could try to say something funny here regarding the Irish and Anglo-American jealousy thereof, but I can't find anything.

Seriously, what could we be jealous of???

Creeping Death
03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
I could try to say something funny here regarding the Irish and Anglo-American jealousy thereof, but I can't find anything.

Seriously, what could we be jealous of???
Thats easy, St Patricks day the biggest parades, the Irish Halloween, US Country music originated from Ireland, Irish bars early New York gangs most of the Wests outlaws were Irish . English, Scots, German and Italian dont rate much of a mention in the collective folklore.

In 1980 61.3 million (http://www.census.gov/population/censusdata/pc80-s1-10/tab02.pdf) Americans claimed to be British Americans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_American) thats English and Scottish. In 2000 that number fell to 36.4 million (http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/QTTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=01000US&-qr_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U_QTP13&-ds_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U). Seems Americans are to embarrassed to admit to be British these days . Yet 36,495,800 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_American) claim Irish ancestry, thats native Irish , Ulster Scots not included.

Vulpix
03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
I notice he left out his middle name "Hussein" this time :p...

Electronic God-Man
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Thats easy, St Patricks day the biggest parades, the Irish Halloween, US Country music originated from Ireland, Irish bars early New York gangs most of the Wests outlaws were Irish . English, Scots, German and Italian dont rate much of a mention in the collective folklore.

1. Well, yeah we like getting drunk, what else is new???

2. Halloween is something that probably most Isles countries had in one form or another.

3. Country music originated from the Celtic fringe, as some might say, but really it's not un-English. The English had plenty of similar folk songs which inspired US folk.

4. Bars and Irish outlaws out west? What the hell are talking about, please clarify. As far as I know, the old west outlaws were mostly English.

5. Uh, yeah I would say that the English "rate a mention" in American folklore.

Treffie
03-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Of course it's true, after all the new president's name is Barack O'Bama. :thumb001: (groan)

Baron Samedi
03-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Hopefully German-American month will soon follow.

I'm actually very serious about this.

SwordoftheVistula
03-05-2009, 08:48 AM

That's October usually

Barreldriver
03-05-2009, 09:42 AM

I hope so, especially since my ma's kin are former Volksdeutch, and especially since I finally mastered my pork and sauerkraut meal. MMMMmmm good. I make sure to put plenty of potato in, and I want to attempt Schupfnudeln.

Beorn
03-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Of course it's true, after all the new president's name is Barack O'Bama. :thumb001: (groan)

HplZ_taHXLM

:mmmm:

Æmeric
03-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Lets get our facts straight:
Thats easy, St Patricks day the biggest parades, the Irish Halloween, US Country music originated from Ireland,
Brought to America by the descendents of British settlers who had first gone to Ireland. Country music came out of the South & West not from Boston or Brooklyn.

Irish bars early New York gangs I won't dispute this, a race of drunkards & criminals.

most of the Wests outlaws were Irish . English, Scots, German and Italian dont rate much of a mention in the collective folklore.The James brothers were Native Americans. So were Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid. I can't think of any Irish-Catholics (and that is who we are discussing) going off to the Wild West. They were afraid to venture out of the cities for fear of the Indians.

In 1980 61.3 million (http://www.census.gov/population/censusdata/pc80-s1-10/tab02.pdf) Americans claimed to be British Americans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_American) thats English and Scottish. In 2000 that number fell to 36.4 million (http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/QTTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=01000US&-qr_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U_QTP13&-ds_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U). Seems Americans are to embarrassed to admit to be British these days . Yet 36,495,800 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_American) claim Irish ancestry, thats native Irish , Ulster Scots not included.

Many Americans (probably a majority) claiming Irish ancestry are descended from Protestant Irish & ultimately are of English & Scottish settler stock. In parts of the US that the Irish Catholics bypassed - the South & most of the rural areas of the North - Irish doesn't carry the kind of stigmatism that is attached to it by Anglo-Germanics in places like New York, Chicago & Boston. As for fewer persons claiming British heritage, that can be accounted for by younger persons who's ancestors have been here for 10 or more generations not claiming a foreign ancestry & older persons who did claim it dying off.

Gooding
03-05-2009, 02:19 PM

1:St.Patrick's Day is a good time to celebrate Irish American contributions to American life, just like Mardi Gras is a good time to celebrate French American contributions or Oktoberfest a good time to celebrate German American contributions.We have Thanksgiving to celebrate British American contributions.

2:Halloween is pretty much a pan-Celtic celebration observed in Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man and Brittany as well as Ireland, although the Irish immigrants did popularize the celebration.Well, the Germans brought the Christmas Tree to England and from thence it came to the United States.

3:U.S. Country music actually originated in Bristol,Virginia, with the English and Scotch-Irish descended folks making it popular.

4:Irish bars did popularize ethnically themed bars in the U.S..At least in my area, British-themed pubs are becoming more popular.

5:No comment on the gangs and outlaws.Criminals deserve their punishment.

6:This is a vast country with many ethnic groups getting play.The Renaissance Fayres celebrate Medieval English village life.Scottish festivals and Highland Games celebrate Scottish genealogies and sports.I'm sure the other ethicities hold their own celebrations in the Summer.

7:Our country's maturing a bit with genealogical access that didn't exist fifty years ago and our culture does emphasize family and feeling good about ourselves a bit more now than formerly, so I think the British American count will probably rise again in the next couple of years :)

Manifest Destiny
03-05-2009, 02:34 PM
It's real. It is within the authority of the president to make this sort of proclamation. It doesn't cost anything, no one is getting a paid holiday. I guess Irish-American month is Obama's way of pandering to lefty Irish-Catholic politicos like the Kennedys.:rolleyes2:

In fairness to King Hussein, presidents have been declaring March as Irish-American Heritage Month since the mid 1990s.

Allenson
03-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I won't dispute this, a race of drunkards & criminals.

Must be where I get these traits. :wink

http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/drunk%20leper.jpg

Galloglaich
03-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Billy the Kid (AkA William Bonney, AkA Henry McCarty, AKA Henry Antrim) had pretty significant ancestry from Antrim. His mother's maiden name was MacCarty and she emigrated here during the famine. Unfortunately, I have no idea if her family was of native Irish or Ulster Scot stock, because MacCarty is one of those names that "goes both ways". My guess would be Ulster Scot, though.

Creeping Death
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
1. Well, yeah we like getting drunk, what else is new???
Could you show me another day in Americas calendar where an ethnic group celebrates which includes marches in all cities and medium sized towns. The parade in New York alone has 2 million crowding to see it when I was in America in 1985 every bar in Connecticutt was plastered with shamrocks, and they werent even Irish, Fuck the whole country goes green its unprecedented.

2. Halloween is something that probably most Isles countries had in one form or another.
The Festival of Samhain (http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/ACalend/InventHalloween.html) is Irish. And the Halloween festival was brought to America by Irish Immigrants (http://www.abitoblarney.com/irishhalloween.htm).

3. Country music originated from the Celtic fringe, as some might say, but really it's not un-English. The English had plenty of similar folk songs which inspired US folk.
Fidddle music and jigs that are enjoyed in the US came from Ireland as that is the only nation that has fiddle music and jigs. Nothing on the "Celtic Fringe" has music that sounds even remotely linked to Irish folk music.

4. Bars and Irish outlaws out west? What the hell are talking about, please clarify. As far as I know, the old west outlaws were mostly English.
The Dalton Gang, Billy the Kid , ah fuck it I aint searching the net anymore.

5. Uh, yeah I would say that the English "rate a mention" in American folklore.
George Washington and Thomas Jefferson the brains behind the foundation of America and the US Constitution that the WASPS claim both had Red Hair they must be Irish.;:coffee:

Creeping Death
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Lets get our facts straight:
Brought to America by the descendents of British settlers who had first gone to Ireland.Yeah they brought IRISH MUSIC with them.

The James brothers were Native Americans. So were Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid. I can't think of any Irish-Catholics (and that is who we are discussing) going off to the Wild West. They were afraid to venture out of the cities for fear of the Indians.

Many Americans (probably a majority) claiming Irish ancestry are descended from Protestant Irish & ultimately are of English & Scottish settler stock.
You obviously did not read what I wrote nor read the link.

Yet 36,495,800 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_American) claim Irish ancestry, thats native Irish , Ulster Scots not included.
The link makes that distinction very clear.

In parts of the US that the Irish Catholics
No, no, no Native Irish there is only one Irish a fact to which you are not aware of, otherwise you wouldnt be using the Catholic appendage.

As for fewer persons claiming British heritage, that can be accounted for by younger persons who's ancestors have been here for 10 or more generations not claiming a foreign ancestry & older persons who did claim it dying off.
The old Anglo Saxon, Scottish and Germanic ruling class of old has lost their prestige within America.

Creeping Death
03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Irish-American Heritage Month (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/facts_for_features_special_editions/006328.html) (March)
and St. Patrick’s Day (March 17) 2006

Although not an official “federal” holiday in the United States, St. Patrick’s Day has a long history of being celebrated with parades and general goodwill for all things Irish. The day commemorates St. Patrick, believed to have died on March 17, who introduced Christianity to Ireland in the fifth century. Because many Americans celebrate their Irish lineage on St. Patrick’s Day, March was picked as Irish-American Heritage Month. The month was first proclaimed in 1995 by Congress. Each year, the U.S. president also issues an Irish-American Heritage Month proclamation.

Population Distribution
34.5 million
Number of U.S. residents who claim Irish ancestry. This number is almost nine times the population of Ireland itself (4.1 million). Irish is the nation’s second most frequently reported ancestry, trailing only those of German ancestry. (The ancestry estimates exclude people living in group quarters.) (Source: American FactFinder and <http://www.cso.ie/releasespublications/documents/population/current/popmig.pdf>)

24%
Percentage of Massachusetts residents of Irish ancestry — about double the national percentage. (The estimate of people of Irish ancestry excludes people living in group quarters.) (Source: American FactFinder)

Number of states in which Irish is the leading ancestry group: Delaware, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Irish is among the top-five ancestries in every state but two (Hawaii and New Mexico).
<http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/census_2000/001870.html>

Number of counties where Irish is the largest observed ancestry group. Forty-four of these counties are in the Northeast, with 14 in New York, 11 in Massachusetts and five in New Jersey. (The number of people of Irish ancestry in a county may not be significantly different from the number of people of other ancestries in the county.) (Source: unpublished data)

Number of Middlesex County, Mass., residents who are of Irish ancestry. Among the 54 counties where Irish is the largest observed ancestry group, Middlesex had the highest population of Irish-Americans, with Norfolk County, Mass., second, with 203,285. (Source: unpublished data)

31%
Percentage of the population of Plymouth County, Mass., and Norfolk County, Mass., that is of Irish ancestry. Among the 54 counties where Irish is the largest observed ancestry group, these two counties had the highest rate. (Source: unpublished data)

The Mother Tongue
The number of U.S. residents who speak Irish Gaelic at home. <http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/lang_use.html>

Coming to America
Number of U.S. residents born in Ireland. (The estimate excludes people living in group quarters.) (Source: American FactFinder)

4.8 million
Total number of immigrants from Ireland lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence since fiscal year 1820, the earliest year for which official immigration records exist. By fiscal year 1870, about half of these immigrants were admitted for lawful permanent residence. Only Germany, Mexico, Italy and the United Kingdom have had more immigrants admitted for permanent residence to the United States than Ireland. (Source: Department of Homeland Security at <http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/statistics/yearbook/YrBk04Im.htm>.
See Table 1.)

Total number of immigrants from Ireland lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence in the 2004 fiscal year. (Source: Department of Homeland Security at <http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/statistics/yearbook/YrBk04Im.htm>. See Table 2.)

Trade With the “Old Sod”
$24.0 billion
The value of U.S. imports from the Republic of Ireland during a recent 10-month period (January-October 2005). Meanwhile, the United States exported $7.5 billion worth of goods to Ireland. <http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/www/>

Places to Spend the Day
Number of places in the United States named Shamrock, the floral emblem of Ireland. Mount Gay-Shamrock, W.Va., and Shamrock, Texas, were the most populous, with 2,623 and 1,821 residents, respectively. Shamrock Lakes, Ind., had 162 residents and Shamrock, Okla., 126. (Statistic for Mount Gay-Shamrock is from Census 2000; the other statistics in this paragraph are 2004 estimates.) (Source: American FactFinder and
<http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/005268.html>)

Number of places in the United States that share the name of Ireland’s capital, Dublin. Since Census 2000, Dublin, Calif., has surpassed Dublin, Ohio, as the most populous of these places (36,995 compared with 34,301, respectively, as of July 1, 2004). (Source: American FactFinder and <http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/005268.html>)

If you’re still not into the spirit of St. Patty’s Day after stopping by one of the places named “Shamrock” or “Dublin,” then you might consider paying a visit to Emerald Isle, N.C., with 3,648 residents, of which a ratio of 1-in-6 are of Irish descent. (Source: American FactFinder and
<http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/005268.html>)

The Celebration
41.5 billion & 2.5 billion
U.S. beef and cabbage production, respectively, in pounds, in 2004. Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dish. The corned beef celebrants dine on may very well have originated in Texas, which produced 7.3 billion pounds worth of beef, while the cabbage most likely came from California, which produced 558 million pounds worth. <http://www.nass.usda.gov/index.asp>

The number of gallons of beer consumed per capita by Americans annually in 2003. On St. Patrick’s Day, you may be able to order green-dyed beer at one of the nation’s 48,050 drinking places, some of which may be Irish pubs. See Table 201, Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2006
<http://www.census.gov/prod/www/statistical-abstract.html> and
<http://www.census.gov/prod/2005pubs/03cbp/cbp03-1.pdf>.

Number of breweries in 2003. The nation’s breweries are the source for the domestic beer that is often an integral part of St. Patty’s Day celebrations. <http://www.census.gov/prod/2005pubs/03cbp/cbp03-1.pdf>

$75 million
Value of potted florist chrysanthemum sales at wholesale in 2004. Lime green chrysanthemums are often requested for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. <http://www.nass.usda.gov/index.asp>

8 million
Number of St. Patrick’s Day cards Americans exchanged last year, making this observance the ninth-largest card-sending occasion in the United States. (Source: Hallmark research.)

93.3 million
Number of people who reportedly planned to wear green last St. Patrick’s Day.
(Source: National Retail Federation, via Hallmark.)

I guess Morris Dancing and Lederhosen just dont ignite the American peoples desires to celebrate:D

Osweo
03-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Anyone notice this:

Following the colonial migrations, the United States enjoyed the greatest influx of Irish during the 1840s
... i.e. the probably far more significant colonial period Irish (mainly Protestants) are not worth a look in. :mad:

2:Halloween is pretty much a pan-Celtic celebration observed in Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man and Brittany as well as Ireland, although the Irish immigrants did popularize the celebration.
It's an English thing too. I'd say it's pretty much impossible to find a so called 'Celtic' cultural phenomenon that is without some traditional representation within England.

3:U.S. Country music actually originated in Bristol,Virginia, with the English and Scotch-Irish descended folks making it popular.
Aye, tons of the old songs we have in England (and I'm most familiar with those from the far east, Norfolk, oddly enough, are found in the USA.

7:Our country's maturing a bit with genealogical access that didn't exist fifty years ago and our culture does emphasize family and feeling good about ourselves a bit more now than formerly, so I think the British American count will probably rise again in the next couple of years :)
Hope so! :thumbs up But scratch 'British'! Call it bloody ENGLISH, cos that's what it usually IS!

I guess Morris Dancing and Lederhosen just dont ignite the American peoples desires to celebrate:D
I wonder why? Do you not realise how the enemies of our traditional culture have been forever doing their damnedest to ensure that you're correct there? There's been little 'choice' in the matter at all.

Beorn
03-05-2009, 06:48 PM
This is not an affront to you, Brian, but I've always noticed that disparaging remarks about the supposed lack of English culture is always mocked for only consisting of Morris dancers; as if the English culture begins and ends in May, and Morris dancing (http://www.carnbreamorris.org.uk/_wp_generated/wp94c8ae1e_1b.jpg) is hilariously 'uncool' in comparison to say, Irish dancers? (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/2332435999_4824cf4b46.jpg?v=0)!?

What the mockers do not seem to realise is that the overall lack of culture is quite clear to see from Scotland to Wales, England to Ireland.

Britain and Ireland are very similar in culture. Nowadays more so thanks to those damn Americans. :shakefist

Æmeric
03-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Just which American culture do Brits & Irish embrace? It's not our fault if you choose to imitate the urban hip-hop monkey culture that many Americans reject.

Beorn
03-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Just which American culture do Brits & Irish embrace? It's not our fault if you choose to imitate the urban hip-hop monkey culture that many Americans reject.

It's not a criticism of you as an American, but more the American smorgasbord as a whole.

The black American culture aside, the dominance of t.v series, American centred Hollywood films (and the obvious celebrity worship which revolves around majority American actors), comic books, white American music like Rock N' Roll, fashion - which ranges from clothes styles, labels and brands, American politics 24 hour in your face and last but not least, the overwhelming fast food outlets which dominate the very small towns to the biggest cities.

Not all bad of course, but when the argument ever arises to who has and who hasn't got culture between the mentally challenged residing in the Celtic fringe and the English, a quick run through of the above soon quietens down most detractors from that inane assertion.

Jägerstaffel
03-05-2009, 10:09 PM

I was just joking and the Gangs of New York quotes were just too easy.

Gooding
03-06-2009, 03:00 AM

I hear you on that,man.It is interesting how people react to things like this.I'm pretty sure that I would be ready to come in with data and full fire had someone decided to attack the British (English,Scottish, Northern Irish) or the French.I'd largely left Skadi because I was so enraged by their attacks on the French (some idiot claimed that they weren't even white) that I'd felt that my presence on that forum would cause more conflict than comradery.In my eyes, if you attack the French,you attack my late Granny and I spare absolutely no quarter in that regard.I still bristle whenever I think about it.Attacking the British would be like attacking the rest of my family.

Psychonaut
03-06-2009, 03:19 AM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3658/3332545332_7788b61701_o.jpg

Electronic God-Man
03-06-2009, 03:43 AM
God, I love it. Let's see it in action.

n4JzuzT0xXY

"That's right boys, go die for yer darkie friends!"

"Go back to Ireland, ya dumb Mick!"

Gooding
03-06-2009, 04:20 AM
That was pretty good viewing, thank you :)

SwordoftheVistula
03-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Many Americans (probably a majority) claiming Irish ancestry are descended from Protestant Irish & ultimately are of English & Scottish settler stock. In parts of the US that the Irish Catholics bypassed - the South & most of the rural areas of the North - Irish doesn't carry the kind of stigmatism that is attached to it by Anglo-Germanics in places like New York, Chicago & Boston.

Looking at this map, the portion of the population claiming 'Irish' is concentrated mainly in the northeast: New York, New England, New Jersey, Delaware, and eastern Pennsylvania, which would be descended from Irish catholic immigrants to Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. There's also a large concentration in western Pennsylvania eastern Ohio, most likely from Irish immigrants to Pittsburg and the surrounding areas to work in the mines & mills. There is another large concentration in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin, which would be those descended from Irish catholic immigrants to Chicago. The western areas showing high percentages of people claiming 'Irish' ancestry might (or might not) be descended from ulster Scots-Irish protestants, but these parts of the country are very sparsely populated. The areas where most scots-irish went-the south, later expanding westward and to the Ohio valley-have low portions of people claiming 'Irish' ancestry. There are many people from these regions who have Irish surnames, but probably these people are the ones who identify as 'American' for 'ethnicity'.

Æmeric
03-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Looking at this map, the portion of the population claiming 'Irish' is concentrated mainly in the northeast: New York, New England, New Jersey, Delaware, and eastern Pennsylvania, which would be descended from Irish catholic immigrants to Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. There's also a large concentration in western Pennsylvania eastern Ohio, most likely from Irish immigrants to Pittsburg and the surrounding areas to work in the mines & mills. There is another large concentration in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin, which would be those descended from Irish catholic immigrants to Chicago. The western areas showing high percentages of people claiming 'Irish' ancestry might (or might not) be descended from ulster Scots-Irish protestants, but these parts of the country are very sparsely populated. The areas where most scots-irish went-the south, later expanding westward and to the Ohio valley-have low portions of people claiming 'Irish' ancestry. There are many people from these regions who have Irish surnames, but probably these people are the ones who identify as 'American' for 'ethnicity'.The map only shows the most common ancestry claimed by county. There are many in the South & Midwest were Irish is number 2 & there aren't that many Catholics.

Creeping Death
03-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah right, appreciate the Mayflower Wasp stock one third of whom have black blood (http://pmsol3.wordpress.com/2007/07/25/13-white-americans-have-recent-black-ancestry/). How do you like your watermelon boy
http://www.vnnforum.com/images/smilies/watermelon%20nigger%20mini.gif

Cheered for William"Bill the Butcher"Poole who in real life died 10 years before the actual riot in the movie . Who picked a fight with John Morrissey and only won when according to historian Mark Caldwell, during the fight Poole "bit and gouged but won only when his friends joined the fight and kicked Morrissey unconscious." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Poole) which led to this cowards assassination, and was buried in an unmarked grave shows what respect his fellow nativists had for him.

This from a part black nativist who rejects White American Irish culture for Jewish exploitative media/porn filth.

Baron Samedi
03-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Wow, love all of the Irish hate on here....

European preservation FTW!

Æmeric
03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah right, appreciate the Mayflower Wasp stock one third of whom have black blood (http://pmsol3.wordpress.com/2007/07/25/13-white-americans-have-recent-black-ancestry/). How do you like your watermelon boy

This from a part black nativist who rejects White American Irish culture for Jewish exploitative media/porn filth.

Go fuck yourself! (http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/Aemeric/middle_finger.jpg)

Creeping Death
03-06-2009, 09:53 PM
This is not an affront to you, Brian, but I've always noticed that disparaging remarks about the supposed lack of English culture is always mocked for only consisting of Morris dancers; as if the English culture begins and ends in May, and Morris dancing (http://www.carnbreamorris.org.uk/_wp_generated/wp94c8ae1e_1b.jpg) is hilariously 'uncool' in comparison to say, Irish dancers? (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/2332435999_4824cf4b46.jpg?v=0)!?
I was just funning:thumb001: I always put arthritic Irish jigs down to whisky and Morris "what the hell are these men doing" Dancing down too fine Cider:), its cool.

What the mockers do not seem to realise is that the overall lack of culture is quite clear to see from Scotland to Wales, England to Ireland.
Come Downunder and I will show you what a real lack of culture is.

Britain and Ireland are very similar in culture. Nowadays more so thanks to those damn Americans. :shakefist
Thats how I see it, the same people, unfortunately a history of violence between the two has left blood in their eyes. Thats why there cannot be anymore wars between Europeans .

Creeping Death
03-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Go fuck yourself! (http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/Aemeric/middle_finger.jpg)

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk211/BrianFoley/Africa.gif

Baron Samedi
03-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow, hilarious......

Great way to defend the Irish there, bub......

And you are calling him black in descent why?

Æmeric
03-06-2009, 10:04 PM
http://msp263.photobucket.com/albums/ii135/pirates_smell/001.jpg

Baron Samedi
03-06-2009, 10:09 PM
In all honesty, fellows.... The Irish should be treated with the same respect as other UK-descended European-Americans. They are still our folk, no matter what the past has entailed.

Loyalist
03-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Jumping on the image bandwagon...

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ekstxx.jpg

Getting serious, my great-great-great-grandfather was an Irish Catholic Potato Famine refugee who arrived with his parents in the mid-19th century. Oddly enough, his eventual wife was a woman of colonial Dutch descent, and he converted to the Dutch Reformed Church after marrying her. Up until today, this branch of my family remains indistinguishable from proper old-stock Anglo-Canadians. I believe the explanation is right there as well. Catholicism in North America is an immigrant religion, and said churches double as social clubs for ethnics; Irish, Italians, Poles, etc. It's no coincidence that these also constitute the backbone of liberal, multicultural activists in North America.

SPQR
03-06-2009, 10:17 PM
I loathe my irish blood, I feel it taints my Roman Blood!

But in all seriousness I don't have anything against the irish. I have more against the Brits than the Irish any day.

And by the way... wasn't March supposed to be Womens month??

Vargtand
03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
The loath for the Irish must be something strictly British and American... I've never heard anything bad about them in my long life..

Woman’s month haha we have women’s day over here that is it and thank god for that..

Baron Samedi
03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I loathe my irish blood, I feel it taints my Roman Blood!

But in all seriousness I don't have anything against the irish. I have more against the Brits than the Irish any day.

Why the British, sir?

Brynhild
03-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm proud of my Irish blood, along with the convicts who got shipped to Aus :p
http://www.scbwi.org/contest/illustrators/Spring2003/Leprechaun.jpg

Best of all, I can scream like a banshee when I'm really pissed off
http://library.thinkquest.org/C005417/images/banshee.jpg

Fellas, there are bad apples in every bunch, but there's really no need in arguing with folk who are essentially on the same side...:)

Electronic God-Man
03-06-2009, 10:29 PM

You're delusional.

Fine himself - who admits to looking like a corn-fed stereotype of a white Midwesterner - discovered he was a quarter Native American. ‘I honestly think these tests could have a large effect on American consciousness of who we are. If Americans recognise themselves as a mixed group of people, that could really change things,’ he said.

Who the hell just randomly discovers "Oh surprise, you are 25% Indian!". You would think that something like that would be pretty obvious. Even if we give out the Indian genes evenly to all his grandparents each one of them would have to be a full 1/8th Indian. Someone would have known something.

I think the "if Americans recognize themselves as mixed group of people, that could really change things" garbage is what this article was really trying to aim at. Rainbow Nation, bleh.

SPQR
03-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Why the British, sir?

Well I don't hate the Brits either, It just bugs me how online English-warriors like to correct my english :p

Electronic God-Man
03-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Well I don't hate the Brits either, It just bugs me how online English-warriors like to correct my english :p

Always capitalize "English". Thank you. :):D

Osweo
03-06-2009, 10:45 PM
In all honesty, fellows.... The Irish should be treated with the same respect as other UK-descended European-Americans. They are still our folk, no matter what the past has entailed.

Most of the above was to some degree in jest... :wink

I'm about half Irish, and yet I can see that there have been some negative sides of mass Irish immigration into Protestant countries. To deny it would be foolish. It's almost a Law, indeed, when you have such large numbers moving in such a short time. :(

It would be nice to 'digest' these influences, and yet this is not helped by the bolshier sort of immigrant, and immigrant-descended-person with a chip on their shoulder, who are not completely prevalent in the groups in question, but (in line with current political trends) have a certain vocality.

My grandmother for instance, is an Irish citizen, yet is able to vote Labour in English elections. Such is British law. :eek::mad: You can argue with her till you're blue in the face, and she usually concedes defeat, and yet, on polling day it's always the same story... :rolleyes2: Irish have been prominent in all socialist radical movements in English history. The grudge inherited by them from their past (often admittedly shamfully treatment from the English power being involved), and the way their Papal agent clergy have fanned this, have tended to push otherwise righteous workers' movements off course, into something rather more hateful and damaging than necessary. The Irish are not the only, nor even the MAIN reason for present dangerous tendencies, but they have been swept up along with it all.

We should try to be honest with ourselves. And then move on.

SPQR
03-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Always capitalize "English". Thank you. :):D

pffft

Vargtand
03-06-2009, 10:47 PM

Well then I should hate the americans I used to play an MMORPG with.. they got offended by my English because I apparently spoke to proper...
I must be the only none-native English speaker who has gotten that thrown at him. :P

Beorn
03-06-2009, 10:50 PM
pffft

That should be 'Pffft'.

Always start a sentence with a capital!

Vargtand
03-06-2009, 10:51 PM
That should be 'Pffft'.

And don't forget that you end a sentence with a dot! Or an exclamation mark, or a question mark etc.

SPQR
03-06-2009, 10:52 PM
That should be 'Pffft'.

You bastards! :p

Lenny
03-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Everyone else was saying "Oh, but where did they come from originally??" and "Oh, that's so horrible! The Irish are such good people and they only meant to contribute to America's melting pot."The answer to PC-robots who say that is to say that all nations begin as Nations of (Im)migrants.

But eventually the population stabilizes.

The only question is what the character of the nation will be once it stabilizes.

Eventually the PC-zombie is forced to take the position that every single nation on Earth has no right to exist, i.e. they favor the end of all ethnocultural distinctions among Man. This makes them the wild-eyed radicals by any honest measure. :D

Lenny
03-06-2009, 11:02 PM
I detect a bit of jealousy here towards the Irish.Irish is the only identity that is acceptable for a white person to be loudly "pro" in the modern USA, anyway. Yeah I am "jealous" of that!

Germanic identities OTOH are pretty totally demonized. A good example is the fact that millions of people this summer are going to pay to see that extremely-sick hate-film "Inglorious Bastards" (a team of elite Jewish soldiers parachuted in to 1944-France and slaughter/humiliate thousands of Germans).

Other complaints:
-Irish(-Catholic) Pride often takers the form of anti-OldStockAmerican'ism.
-Irish often identify with the victimization mantras of blacks, as hard as that may to believe.

Creeping Death
03-06-2009, 11:35 PM
You're delusional.
Your part Black in fact Yankee Old Colonial Stock American with their shared +10% Negro ancestry would of seen themselves classified as 'Coloured' under Apartheid era South Africa. You shouldnt be posting on this forum which celebrates 100% European identity.

garbage is what this article was really trying to aim at. Rainbow Nation, bleh.
If thine eye offends thee pluck it out.

Irish is the only identity that is acceptable for a white person to be loudly "pro" in the modern USA, anyway. Yeah I am "jealous" of that!
That is because the Sons and Daughters of Irish Immigrants never forgot where and whom they come from.

Germanic identities OTOH are pretty totally demonized. A good example is the fact that millions of people this summer are going to pay to see that extremely-sick hate-film "Inglorious Bastards" (a team of elite Jewish soldiers parachuted in to 1944-France and slaughter/humiliate thousands of Germans).
A prime example, German Americans outnumber Jews eight to one yet this insult by the Jews is left

Other complaints:
-Irish(-Catholic) Pride often takers the form of anti-OldStockAmerican'ism.
-Irish often identify with the victimization mantras of blacks, as hard as that may to believe.
Get one thing straight, not Irish Catholic, only Native Irish !

Protestant 'Irish' are English, Scottish and Dutch Plantation settlers in Ulster. You will never find communities of Protestant Irish anywhere, as they blend in with the Anglo-Saxon and Scottish communities on arrival, their non Irish surnames see to that. When you divide the Irish up according to church affiliation you only display to real Irish that you have no idea about Ireland or the Irish people. It is the same as understanding the Celtic FC vs Rangers FC in Scotland, if you support Celtic you are a brother Gael, thats true Scottish the ones you find in the Highlands. The Native Irish and the Scottish Highlanders are the Gaels.

Osweo
03-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Your part Black in fact Yankee Old Colonial Stock American with their shared +10% Negro ancestry would of seen themselves classified as 'Coloured' under Apartheid era South Africa.
Yeah yeah, pal... :coffee:
And by the way, you mean "you'rE" and "would HAVE"... :mad::wink

Get one thing straight, not Irish Catholic, only Native Irish !

Protestant 'Irish' are English, Scottish and Dutch Plantation settlers in Ulster. You will never find communities of Protestant Irish anywhere, as they blend in with the Anglo-Saxon and Scottish communities on arrival, their non Irish surnames see to that.
I have a Gaelic surname, forms of which are found on EACH side of the divide in Ulster. :coffee: I'm not alone in that.

When you divide the Irish up according to church affiliation you only display to real Irish that you have no idea about Ireland or the Irish people. ... The Native Irish and the Scottish Highlanders are the Gaels.
Scottish Highlanders and Gaelic Irish have plenty of Norse blood, and a fair bit of Pictish, a dash of Norman, and a fair bit of Brythonic.

Now can we please stop whining on about Irish using the definitions current in 1400 AD? There is a large group of people in the North of Ireland who have a lot of English and Scotch blood in them, but aren't really English or Scottish any more. A common fate and experience has bound them into a new entity. To destroy that entity is against Nationalism, and constitutes irredentist romantic imperialism on behalf of 32-County-Repupublicans...

Barreldriver
03-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Your part Black in fact Yankee Old Colonial Stock American with their shared +10% Negro ancestry would of seen themselves classified as 'Coloured' under Apartheid era South Africa. You shouldnt be posting on this forum which celebrates 100% European identity.

Not all Colonial Stock Americans have black ancestry you ignorant boob. 1/3 does not equal 3/3, 33% does not equal 100%, it's simple arithmetic. I have Colonial Roots, and have Federal documentation to support my European heritage, so there goes your negroe theory.

Electronic God-Man
03-06-2009, 11:52 PM

That is because the Sons and Daughters of Irish Immigrants never forgot where and whom they come from.

Hmm, seems you are quite right. I am part African. I've never thought of it that way before and you have thoroughly convinced me through the weight of your argument. :coffee:

Old Stock Americans were quite aware of their heritage and very openly proud of it all the way up until the 60's/70's when it became stigmatized. It became stigmatized mainly through the efforts of Irish Catholic and Jewish democrats who came to political power by wooing the Blacks and other non-Whites plus the many other more recent European immigrants (Slavs and Meds).

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Odd that BF (am I the only one who finds those initials amusingly appropriate;)) should bring up Negroes. The Irish were equated to Negroes in the 19th century or shown to simians:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_s440RiiMhzI/Rt77a5V54TI/AAAAAAAABEU/HBje-fi0LBs/s400/Scientific_racism_irish.gif
http://projects.vassar.edu/1896/antiirish.gif
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Matt-Morgan/The-Irish-Frankenstein-Anti-Irish-Cartoon-Depicting-the-Irish-Fenian-as-a-Monster-Giclee-Print-C12369911.jpeg
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/ellis-island/cartoon-2.jpg
http://www.ushistory.org/us/images/00034223.jpg

Osweo
03-07-2009, 12:12 AM
The Irish were equated to Negroes in the 19th century or shown to simians:
Not universally, of course, usually in jest or in outrage at some Irish behaviour. Only seriously meant by rather stupid people, let's not forget... :rolleyes2:

Don't let's stoop to this level, please. There are serious matters to be discussed here, after all.

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Well if we want to discuss (seriously) when America started to become a multiracial democracy, it started with the influx of the Irish-Catholics in the 1840s. And the Nativist movement was stifled as a bunch of ignorant provincials, and we are still paying the price. Irish nationalists certainly do enough whining about the Brits being in Ireland but have no problem with their countrymen having displaced Anglo-Saxons in the New World. As I have said many times, the east coast of the US was not a wilderness when those hyphenated immigrants arrived & they have never shown any appreciation for their adopted country, instead whining about their ancestors treatment when they arrived. If America was such an awful place why did those Irish (and other hard to assimilate Europeans) keep coming? It took restricitve immigration laws in the 1920s to stop the inflow from Europe.

Psychonaut
03-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Well if we want to discuss (seriously) when America started to become a multiracial democracy, it started with the influx of the Irish-Catholics in the 1840s.

I agree. I matters not at all that the Irish were "white." They didn't belong here, and the mass importations following the famine were completely inappropriate.

Creeping Death
03-07-2009, 02:01 AM
I have a Gaelic surname, forms of which are found on EACH side of the divide in Ulster. :coffee: I'm not alone in that.
Ill just be quick, its pointless arguing at length:
Take note of the West Coast of Ireland and the Highlands on this map, that is the Gaels.

http://www.anesi.com/rmap2.jpg

Now read this about gentics and surnames.

Geneticists Show That Irish Are A Race Apart (http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread270544/pg1)
LONDON (Reuters) - Irish geneticists have used surnames and the male Y chromosome to reconstruct a one thousand year-old genetic map of Ireland that shows the Irish really are a race apart.

"When you look at this old genetic geography of Ireland what you find is that in the West (of the country) we are almost exclusively of one type of Y chromosome," Daniel Bradley told Reuters.

Scottish Highlanders and Gaelic Irish have plenty of Norse blood, and a fair bit of Pictish, a dash of Norman, and a fair bit of Brythonic.
On the East coast of Ireland around Dublin down to Limerick yes, Viking Blood but not West of it. And as for the Picts they were the original Paleolithic settlers of Eire and Scotland.

Not all Colonial Stock Americans have black ancestry you ignorant boob. 1/3 does not equal 3/3, 33% does not equal 100%, it's simple arithmetic.
Or simple denial, or DNA tests has shown how many Blacks have White DNA (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article1434549.ece) Do you like fried chicken alot;)

I have Colonial Roots, and have Federal documentation to support my European heritage, so there goes your negroe theory.
Bullshit you cant prove nothing, see below.

Hmm, seems you are quite right. I am part African. I've never thought of it that way before and you have thoroughly convinced me through the weight of your argument. :coffee:
Its a fact 500 years of coexisting with Africans led to inbreeding (http://open.salon.com/blog/christopher_hapka/2008/11/10/who_was_americas_first_black_president) amongst the whites and blacks more so in the South.

Old Stock Americans were quite aware of their heritage and very openly proud of it all the way up until the 60's/70's when it became stigmatized. It became stigmatized mainly through the efforts of Irish Catholic and Jewish democrats who came to political power by wooing the Blacks and other non-Whites plus the many other more recent European immigrants (Slavs and Meds).
Nah the game was up people saw through your 'white' veneer as they saw the Irish as the symbol of true White Americanism.

Odd that BF (am I the only one who finds those initials amusingly appropriate;)) should bring up Negroes. The Irish were equated to Negroes in the 19th century or shown to simians:
And Ill leave a quote from page 1

Negroes and other colored folk tend to believe that all white Americans are Irish..
And today us whites all know that it is Yankee nativist stock which has allied itself with the Jews, sell outs but that is what you expect from racial mongrels.

Well if we want to discuss (seriously) when America started to become a multiracial democracy, it started with the influx of the Irish-Catholics in the 1840s.
The Irish were always coming to America well before 1840.

US History Encyclopedia: Irish Americans (http://www.answers.com/topic/irish-american)
Colonial and Pre-Famine Immigration

Approximately 50,000 to 100,000 Irishmen, over 75 percent of them Catholic, came to America in the 1600s, while 100,000 more Irish Catholics arrived in the 1700s. A small number of prosperous merchants formed communities in Philadelphia and other cities, but most immigrants were indentured servants who eventually blended into the mainstream society. A few were prominent citizens, like wealthy Charles Carroll who migrated to Maryland in 1681, establishing a family that produced the only Catholic signer of the Declaration of Independence and the first American archbishop.
In fact the Irish were well established in North America before that floating shitbox the Mayflower full of poxed up Puritans arrived. They were established in Englands first colony of Newfoundland in 1534 (http://www.inp.ie/?q=node/8).

And the Nativist movement was stifled as a bunch of ignorant provincials, and we are still paying the price. Irish nationalists certainly do enough whining about the Brits being in Ireland but have no problem with their countrymen having displaced Anglo-Saxons in the New World.
Could you stop referring to yourself as Anglo-Saxon there is more than enough evidence that genetically Nativists with their Southern 'White' kin have Negro blood.

As I have said many times, the east coast of the US was not a wilderness when those hyphenated immigrants arrived & they have never shown any appreciation for their adopted country, instead whining about their ancestors treatment when they arrived.
The Spanish were the first to colonize America I believe as early as 1500 in Florida and followed by the French.

If America was such an awful place why did those Irish (and other hard to assimilate Europeans) keep coming? It tok restricitve immigration laws in the 1920s to stop the inflow from Europe.
Maybe you and the rest of your Mayflower stock with their Negro blood and Jewish allies take a boat to the promised land. Leave America to the real White people.

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 02:03 AM
I agree. I matters not at all that the Irish were "white." They didn't belong here, and the mass importations following the famine were completely inappropriate.

It started a trend and the inappropriateness of the mass importations to secure cheap labor caused a backlash by the Old Stocks which in turn led to the Irish feeling very alienated from the mainstream American culture, thus securing their place as outsiders who were not concerned with what we had before or preserving any of it.

^Run-on sentence!

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Or simple denial, or DNA tests has shown how many Blacks have White DNA (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article1434549.ece) Do you like fried chicken alot;)

You must be a god-damned idiot. Blacks having European DNA doesn't mean that Euro-Americans have African DNA.

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 02:07 AM
I'm starting to suspect that BF isn't some ignorant Irish-Australian troll but rather an annoying Mexican-looking Moor who owns another forum famous for spreading the kind of garbage being spread in this thread by BF.:icon1:

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 02:08 AM
Nah the game was up people saw through your 'white' veneer as they saw the Irish as the symbol of true White Americanism.

In fact the Irish were well established in North America before that floating shitbox the Mayflower full of poxed up Puritans arrived. They were established in Englands first colony of Newfoundland in 1534 (http://www.inp.ie/?q=node/8).

Clearly a troll. :coffee:

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 02:11 AM
I'm starting to suspect that BF isn't some ignorant Irish-Australian troll but rather an annoying Mexican-looking Moor

True, even the Irish aren't this severely challenged.

Gooding
03-07-2009, 02:12 AM

I stand with Psychonaut. This country has been brought to its knees by tear jerking sob stories from one end of the globe to the other.After WWII, it became fashionable to be foreign and during the sixties to be foreign was the preferred status to have.The natives who built this country had filth flung at them and were silenced by ethnic lobbyist groups. During the seventies, the American Indians had their turn in demonizing the foundational white groups in this country.By the 1980s and early 1990s, if you were white, you dug into your family background in hopes of finding something non-white you could identify with, or you worked your ass off for some non-white interest group in hopes of acceptance by your preferred race.Only now, only now can you venture out in search of your own people you can stand with and be proud of, and this largely by benefit of the internet which the multicles are also eyeing greedily.See the prototype of the mass importations of Mexicans in the earlier mass importations of the Irish.We do see where the problem began...

Osweo
03-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Take note of the West Coast of Ireland and the Highlands on this map, that is the Gaels.

Wow, what a detailed and intricate map... :rolleyes2:

On the East coast of Ireland around Dublin down to Limerick yes, Viking Blood but not West of it.

Come back and talk to me when you've actually figured out where Limerick IS! :rolleyes:

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Come back and talk to me when you've actually figured out where Limerick IS! :rolleyes:

Haha, I'm glad you caught that. This "Irishman" doesn't even know where Limerick is.

Creeping Death
03-07-2009, 02:39 AM
You must be a god-damned idiot. Blacks having European DNA doesn't mean that Euro-Americans have African DNA.
Just showing you how deep black blood and white bood are mixed, I did also provide a similar source about colonial whites having Black DNA, of course its gone to your recycle bin.

I'm starting to suspect that BF isn't some ignorant Irish-Australian troll but rather an annoying Mexican-looking Moor who owns another forum famous for spreading the kind of garbage being spread in this thread by BF.:icon1:
Im starting to suspect Im right as you have run out of answers.

Wow, what a detailed and intricate map... :rolleyes2:
Wow, he hasnt even bothered addressing the Genetic source, I must be right.

Gee look at the map with the Yellow then look at a map see where the indent in the Yellow is , thats Limerick. Then see how West Galway is, then come back when you have figured it out:eek:

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Just showing you how deep black blood and white bood are mixed, I did also provide a similar source about colonial whites having Black DNA, of course its gone to your recycle bin.

Listen, I'll let you in on a little secret seeing as how you clearly have no idea about American history...Everyone, including Blacks, recognize that Whites and Blacks did mate and produce offspring from near the beginning. However, the offspring of such unions were slaves as well and merged quite easily with the African-American slave class. Take a look at the colonial laws and see to what length the early Colonial government(s) went to make sure that mixed-race unions were relegated to the Black slave status.

Funny, now that I think of it, it was mostly Irish women brought as indentured servants that bred with enslaved Negros. There is a good chance that much of the European genes that Afro-Americans have is Irish in origin.

I read the article you posted. It was multikulti propaganda shit and I said so.

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 02:49 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Nomadic_Berber_in_Morocco.jpg

"Brian Foley"

Psychonaut
03-07-2009, 02:52 AM

Dude, your DNA post went unaddressed because it talks about how many blacks have "white" DNA, not the other way around. We all know that American blacks are hella mixed up, that's a surprise to no one. But showing evidence that blacks are mixed is not supportive of the idea that Old Stock Americans are mixed at all.

Creeping Death
03-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Listen, I'll let you in on a little secret seeing as how you clearly have no idea about American history..
I think I know quite a bit the other half of the Foley family immigrated to America our half went Australia. I have lived in America and read quite a bit on US history, and I am very much intune with the Yankee class I lived in New Milford, Conneticutt.

Take a look at the colonial laws and see to what length the early Colonial government(s) went to make sure that mixed-race unions were relegated to the Black slave status.
It didnt stop illicit unions and the out of wedlock births.

Funny, now that I think of it, it was mostly Irish women brought as indentured servants that bred with enslaved Negros. There is a good chance that much of the European genes that Afro-Americans have is Irish in origin.
It was Irish men not women as the proliferation of Irish surnames demonstrates, you should of seen that, shows me you are guessing.

I read the article you posted. It was multikulti propaganda shit and I said so.
Yourself due to your precarious ancestral historical origin cannot state you are 100% white.

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 03:01 AM
Who the hell just randomly discovers "Oh surprise, you are 25% Indian!". You would think that something like that would be pretty obvious. Even if we give out the Indian genes evenly to all his grandparents each one of them would have to be a full 1/8th Indian. Someone would have known something.

I think the "if Americans recognize themselves as mixed group of people, that could really change things" garbage is what this article was really trying to aim at. Rainbow Nation, bleh.

Oh, look there, that's where I responded to both the Euro-Americans with other DNA article and the Afro-Americans with European DNA article.

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 03:06 AM
It didnt stop illicit unions and the out of wedlock births.

It was Irish men not women as the proliferation of Irish surnames demonstrates, you should of seen that, shows me you are guessing.

Yourself due to your precarious ancestral historical origin cannot state you are 100% white.

A. I can tell when someone is half-negro, can you? These people were pushed into slave status. And yes, out of wedlock births happened very frequently...which leads me to B...

B. It was Irish women. I've read the court records when these Irish wenches would be charged with fornication with Negro slaves in Virginia and the Carolinas. The supposed preponderance (which I am not sure of) of Irish surnames would be from Scots-Irish slave-owners then most likely.

C. :coffee:

Osweo
03-07-2009, 03:17 AM
Wow, he hasnt even bothered addressing the Genetic source, I must be right.
You know though, I had the strangest premonition that it'd be a load of bollocks, or irrelevant. To humour you, I just checked, and Lo and Behold! :p

It's about Galway and Mayo. Not about Ireland as a whole. Any fool could tell you that you'll find peculiar stuff up in those out of the way places. My Irish kin are from Tipperary and Limerick and Kildare (with identically named Presbyterians up in Armagh and Tyrone). Your 'source' says nothing about them, or indeed of the vast majority of Irishmen (even if we employ your ridiculous exclusivist definition).

Gee look at the map with the Yellow then look at a map see where the indent in the Yellow is , thats Limerick. Then see how West Galway is, then come back when you have figured it out:eek:
Blobs of colour on an old map... Good one mate, try basing a degree dissertation on such! :thumb001:

Psychonaut
03-07-2009, 03:19 AM

Are we really going to enter into these Stormfront-esque "im wyter then u, ur not tr00 arian" kinds of debate "tactics"?

Creeping Death
03-07-2009, 03:52 AM
A. I can tell when someone is half-negro?
From personal experience?

B. It was Irish women. I've read the court records when these Irish wenches would be charged with fornication with Negro slaves in Virginia and the Carolinas. The supposed preponderance (which I am not sure of) of Irish surnames would be from Scots-Irish slave-owners then most likely.
According to you there were no Irish were in America until after 1840, explain yourself forthwith.

C. :coffee:
I think you need something stronger than coffee Boy, maybe Thorazine.

You know though, I had the strangest premonition that it'd be a load of bollocks, or irrelevant. To humour you, I just checked, and Lo and Behold! :p
And Lo and Behold predictably of course does not bother addressing the evidence.

It's about Galway and Mayo.
No shit, this guy is a real Sherlock Holmes, here Ill just recap what i wrote:

Take note of the West Coast of IrelandThe operative word there is WEST.

Blobs of colour on an old map... Good one mate, try basing a degree dissertation on such! :thumb001:
Yeah whatever..........
Are we really going to enter into these Stormfront-esque "im wyter then u, ur not tr00 arian" kinds of debate "tactics"?I take offense to the very anti Irish nature of this thread to be honest I dont like what Im reading. You get this anti Irish shit on Stormfront, Im just throwing it back in the almost Black faces of the Mayflower people.

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 03:58 AM
From personal experience?

According to you there were no Irish were in America until after 1840, explain yourself forthwith.

I think you need something stronger than coffee Boy, maybe Thorazine.

A. Uh yes, I have seen mulattoes in my day. Was that supposed to be insulting?

B. I never said that. The main migration of Irish was after that date, however.

C. I'm already on that. Is it not working properly?

Psychonaut
03-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Yeah whatever..........I take offense to the very anti Irish nature of this thread to be honest I dont like what Im reading. You get this anti Irish shit on Stormfront, Im just throwing it back in the almost Black faces of the Mayflower people.

As it was pointed out several times, most of the "anti Irish" stuff was tongue-in-cheek. I doubt anyone here really believes that the Irish are sub-human potato people, it's just funny to joke about you guys. Trust me, there's plenty of "anti French" humor here too. Don't take it personally.

Gwynyvyr
03-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Well, I am of Irish and Scottish background. I also have an aunt by marriage from the Vichy area in France.
All joking aside...
My fondest memories are those of my Irish grandmother singing me to sleep or reading me a story in her lovely Irish lilt. Or when my Aunt Nikki came to visit and would be chattering away in the kitchen with my mother, her French accent echoing through the house.
Both cooked amazing food...and after we moved permanently to the US after my father retired from the military, being around Nanny or Aunt Nikki was the only time I got a decent meal! LOL! (Seriously, my poor mother never learned to cook ...she is almost 80 and can still not cook worth a damn)

I read this thread with much amusement.
I cannot be ashamed of my Irish ancestry anymore than I would be ashamed of my freckles or red hair.
Part of the problem in the US right now, is that White people---of ANY ancestry--are indoctrinated from childhood to be ashamed of being White. They are taught at an early age that the *White man* is responsible for all of the worlds ills.
AIDS in Africa?...White Man did it.
Global warming?--White man did it.
War--Anywhere? White Man started it.
Drought? White Man caused it.
Poverty? White Man stealing all the money.
Drug Addiction in the inner city? White Man caused it.

In particular, White Europeans are blamed for exploration (although it is called *exploitation* in today's history books) of wilderness areas, the colonization of more primitive cultures (which are hailed in school books as *shining civilizations*) and the spread of European culture (now referred to as *displacement of native cultures*).

So...the Obamamessiah signed a proclamation that is signed by every president every year.
Big whoop.
Doesn't change the fact that he is the least qualified person ever to step into that role and should have never been allowed to register as a candidate.

stormlord
03-07-2009, 09:19 AM
The old Anglo Saxon, Scottish and Germanic ruling class of old has lost their prestige within America.

True, that's a function of the worship of weakness in modern pc America; the crappier the country you come from the more you can be proud of your ancestry.

SwordoftheVistula
03-07-2009, 09:31 AM
The map only shows the most common ancestry claimed by county. There are many in the South & Midwest were Irish is number 2 & there aren't that many Catholics.

That's a different map. The one I posted showed the percentage who claimed Irish ancestry by county. The South and upper midwest had very low percentages of 'self-identified Irish', and are sparsely populated at any rate.

Angharad
03-07-2009, 09:47 AM

Now read this about gentics and surnames.

On the East coast of Ireland around Dublin down to Limerick yes, Viking Blood but not West of it. And as for the Picts they were the original Paleolithic settlers of Eire and Scotland.

Its a fact 500 years of coexisting with Africans led to inbreeding (http://open.salon.com/blog/christopher_hapka/2008/11/10/who_was_americas_first_black_president) amongst the whites and blacks more so in the South.

And Ill leave a quote from page 1

And today us whites all know that it is Yankee nativist stock which has allied itself with the Jews, sell outs but that is what you expect from racial mongrels.

The Irish were always coming to America well before 1840.

Could you stop referring to yourself as Anglo-Saxon there is more than enough evidence that genetically Nativists with their Southern 'White' kin have Negro blood.

The Spanish were the first to colonize America I believe as early as 1500 in Florida and followed by the French.

Maybe you and the rest of your Mayflower stock with their Negro blood and Jewish allies take a boat to the promised land. Leave America to the real White people.

The article that you posted discussed the probable black ancestry of white people born in Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucky. In case you aren't up on American geography these are the South, i.e. not areas settled by the Mayflower pilgrims. I don't know how you define WASP, but to me Ulster Irish isn't Anglo-Saxon.

AFAIK the main group that is supposed to be mixed is the Southern Whites, not New England Yankees, if you have admixture studies for Yankees I'd like to see them. I looked at the genetic structure of CEU whites, which is Utah Whites of English and Northern European ancestry, (this is the closest I could find to Yankee WASPs) and they don't show Black admixture. Here is their map:
http://i43.tinypic.com/ie2osm.jpg

I'd like to see studies done with Yankee and Southern Whites too, but I won't hold my breath. I had high hopes for the SMGF project, but they seemed to have dropped the autosomal analysis.

Also, in case you weren't aware the "Jew-loving" white liberals of the Northeast US are likely to be of Irish descent (remember Tammany Hall is Democrat). WASPs supposedly tended to be Republicans.

SwordoftheVistula
03-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Also, in case you weren't aware the "Jew-loving" white liberals of the Northeast US are likely to be of Irish descent (remember Tammany Hall is Democrat). WASPs supposedly tended to be Republicans.

Most of the Irish & Italians of the northeast are not really 'liberal', they tend to be socially/culturally conservative and consider themselves 'lunch pail Democrats' who think of the Republicans as the 'party of the rich'. The WASPs did tend to be Republicans, and represented the counterpart to the Irish/Italians (fiscally moderate-conservative, socially liberal) but in the past decade or so they have been moving towards the Democrat Party due to social and foreign policy issues as the Republican Party has become more southern oriented.

Osweo
03-07-2009, 11:36 AM
No shit, this guy is a real Sherlock Holmes, here Ill just recap what i wrote:
The operative word there is WEST.
What WERE you talking about the far west for, anyway? Going back over what we wrote, I took issue with your crude definition of 'Irish', citing the far more subtly nuanced ethnic reality there. Then you brought up that surname/genes thing... :confused:

Yeah whatever..........I take offense to the very anti Irish nature of this thread to be honest I dont like what Im reading. You get this anti Irish shit on Stormfront, Im just throwing it back in the almost Black faces of the Mayflower people.

Here's the most important thing - you're too easily offended. In our times, we're sick to death of people whining about how 'offended' they are all the bleeding time. We have a few anti-Irish jokes, refreshing near the knuckle, many of them, and then you come along with your histrionics, exactly like some stupid black man might do, and it's NOT an endearing scene.

Grow a thicker skin, roll with the punches, and quit going on about irrevocable changes to the Irish population in the 1600s. At the end of the day, you're with those who want to uproot an entire population in the Six Counties, and we can't let you get away with it. Your PC 'victim status' might help you in some quarters, but not here. WE've had enough of it.

Absinthe
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I tried to refrain myself but I have to say it:

Why hate the Irish so much?

To me, they're a wonderful people with great customs and traditions. I love Irish music, I love Irish beer, I love those smiling Irish eyes, I love the Irish folklore and their love for nature and rural landscapes...

I maybe ignorant as to what constitutes the Irish nation as persona non grata to some of you, is it a religion thing? Is it historical reasons? Is it a potato thing? :D
In any case, why not live and let live? :(

Barreldriver
03-07-2009, 11:50 AM

How much would you like to stake on that claim, I've got all my generations traced back to Europe, and quite a many of them back to the 1300's. It's not too difficult to trace your roots when you look at modern census records, old parish records, family bibles, etc... and when you belong to a family that has a state government researching your family(the state of Tennessee). And all your precious sources state is that "SOME whites have black blood NOT ALL"

And consider this, just because a few lineages are of colonial stock doesn't mean all are also. In my genealogy I have maybe 4 colonial lines, and 2 or 3 pre Colonial, the other few hundred lines are European immigrants after 1800, mainly from Ireland and the Rhineland. My Colonial roots are the core of my English ancestry, and I can prove that they are what they are, I have their genealogies going way back on English soil most are from Yorkshire and the Sussex region.

Angharad
03-07-2009, 12:33 PM
The often-quoted study that found black ancestry in white Americans is suspect in my opinion. They found that 1/3 of white Americans have 2 to 20% black ancestry, with a mean of 2.3% (this is from memory). However, since the researcher is mixed race himself I have to wonder if there was some bias. Also, his sample was his college class. I wonder if most of us would even consider his white sample white.

Personally I'd like to see a study with genealogy, photos and DNA studies. Then I might actually believe them.

Anyway, I have nothing against the Irish. I have to admit though, that I would like to see Anglo-Saxon history month. That would be a novelty.

stormlord
03-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I tried to refrain myself but I have to say it:

To me, they're a wonderful people with great customs and traditions. I love Irish music, I love Irish beer, I love those smiling Irish eyes, I love the Irish folklore and their love for nature and rural landscapes...

I maybe ignorant as to what constitutes the Irish nation as persona non grata to some of you, is it a religion thing? Is it historical reasons? Is it a potato thing? :D
In any case, why not live and let live? :(

That stuff you mentioned is the mass media projection of the Irish, and the exact way you're meant to see them. To be honest though, I think most people were mainly joking around until Foley started implying some kind of superiority over old stock Americans. This irks people of mainly scots-Irish, English etc ancestry because while they were pushing out west and building America, the Irish were taking over and cowering in the cities that the earlier settlers had created, and in many cases turning them into crime ridden holes.

Also there's a fairly strong historical tradition both in America and the UK of seeing the Irish as what was only half jokingly known as "the blacks of Europe"

Absinthe
03-07-2009, 01:47 PM
That stuff you mentioned is the mass media projection of the Irish, and the exact way you're meant to see them.

Also there's a fairly strong historical tradition both in America and the UK of seeing the Irish as what was only half jokingly known as "the blacks of Europe"

That's what I'm asking for people to explain: why is this so? :confused:

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 01:58 PM
(

Lets rephrase that question: Why hate the Albanians? I'm sure they must have some wonderful ageold folk customs. Or why hate the Turks? Surely you have no trouble understanding those ethnic feuds. Old Stock Americans have legitimate grevances with the Irish-Catholics.

Absinthe
03-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Lets rephrase that question: Why hate the Albanians? I'm sure they must have some wonderful ageold folk customs. Or why hate the Turks? Surely you have no trouble understanding those ethnic feuds. Old Stock Americans have legitimate grevances with the Irish-Catholics.
Are you saying that Irish conduct is similar to that of Albanians and Turks? :(

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Yes. Imagine if the Albanians were given the franchise immediately upon arriving in Athens & took over politic control of the city within a generation, marginalizing the natives (the Greeks) & becamea nethnic block that had to be appleased because of their concentration in the wealthier areas of Greece. (In America they clustered inNew York, Boston & Chicago.) And they became just the first of many ethnic groups in a new multi-ethnic democracy. And as a group they support open borders & immigration because it diminishes the vote of the Natives.

Absinthe
03-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Yes. Imagine if the Albanians were given the franchise immediately upon arriving in Athens & took over politic control of the city within a generation, marginalizing the natives (the Greeks) & becamea nethnic block that had to be appleased because of their concentration in the wealthier areas of Greece. (In America they clustered inNew York, Boston & Chicago.) And they became just the first of many ethnic groups in a new multi-ethnic democracy. And as a group they support open borders & immigration because it diminishes the vote of the Natives.

...."Imagine"?...... :(

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Well now you can see where the anomosity some people have for the Irish-Catholics comes from.

Ulf
03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
This is awesome. :thumb001:

I like the Irish. I also like Bill the Butcher.

I think the English are just bitter because they conquered the world but just couldn't seem to take that wee little island next door.

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 02:37 PM
They would still have that wee little Island if not for political pressure from the US on behalf of Irish-American voters. Though I think they are better off without it. Having Ireland as part of the UK is was like having a gangrene appendage.

Ulf
03-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Don't get your knickers in a bunch, it'll spoil your tea and crumpets.

I like the English too, so settle down now. ;)

Though I like the Dutch most of all.

Ulf
03-07-2009, 02:51 PM
They would still have that wee little Island if not for political pressure from the US on behalf of Irish-American voters. Though I think they are better off without it. Having Ireland as part of the UK is was like having a gangrene appendage.

So it's not they couldn't conquer them, it's just they didn't want to! ;) You learn something new everyday.

Galloglaich
03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I have to admit, I was a bit taken aback at the turn this thread took as well. I realized that much of it was tongue in cheek, but still... I think there was more subtle maliciousness than I expected. Not that I care, I think we're all free to hate who we want, I was just a bit surprised.

I have a strange relationship to the Irish. Even though I have very little typical "Irish" heritage (a wee bit of O'Neil ancestry), many of my ancestral links are connected to that island. I have a lot of Gaelic Scots, Ulster-Scot (with a preponderance still having Gaelic names), and Norwegian ancestry. In one way or another, all of those people have had a connection to Eire (often laying claim in direct opposition to the natives). Due to the fact that my Scots Protestant grandfather married a Catholic German girl, I ended up attending (for 8 years) a Catholic school in an Irish Catholic parish (with imported Scottish nuns...go figure). I have done some some pretty serious research at university on projects that have Irish historical subtexts. I have befriended a number of people that have moved here from Eire.

Like Absinthe, I really appreciate a lot of Irish culture. I am opposed to a lot of the leftist socialist dogma that has infiltrated the Irish resistance movements, but I still respect the resoluteness and tenacity of those movements and the people in general. As a partial Gael, I see them as brothers. Like a brother, I have my differences (and will voice them), but I cannot help but appreciate their contributions. My existence owes a lot to Irish soil, regardless of the attitude of the people trodding upon it. That's just where I stand.

stormlord
03-07-2009, 05:13 PM
So it's not they couldn't conquer them, it's just they didn't want to! ;) You learn something new everyday.

Not a big history fan?

I don't know how you define conquer, but Ireland was under British control for quite some time (i.e. 400 or so years), and Northern Ireland is still part of the UK, so how did we not conquer it?

Did I misunderstand what you're saying or something?

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 05:15 PM

Learn your history: The English did conquer Ireland. Lookup Oliver Cromwell. There was a movement for Home Rule in the late 19th century but there was the problem of the Prostestant minority who made up a majority in 6 counties of Ulster. The fact that the British haven't used a heavier hand in dealing with the IRA is dues to the political influence of the Irish-American voting block in the US.

Creeping Death
03-07-2009, 06:14 PM
True, that's a function of the worship of weakness in modern pc America; the crappier the country you come from the more you can be proud of your ancestry.
Christ mate judging the crap state of over the top multiracial England today the English should be on top of the heap then.

In case you aren't up on American geography these are the South, i.e. not areas settled by the Mayflower pilgrims.
I was using the 'Mayflower' generically to describe the 'Ye Olde Yankee Colonial' stock.

I don't know how you define WASP, but to me Ulster Irish isn't Anglo-Saxon.
Ulster Irish is Anglo Saxon and Scottish Lowland, WASP in America is also a generic term applicable to not only English and Lowland Scot but Dutch and German.

Its the WASP class that has crawled up the Jews ass in America, they made an alliance with them and made the Jews and their media/propaganda complex allies. The WASPS all support Israel and Holocaust punishment of Germany.

What WERE you talking about the far west for, anyway? Going back over what we wrote, I took issue with your crude definition of 'Irish', citing the far more subtly nuanced ethnic reality there. Then you brought up that surname/genes thing... :confused:
You brought it up:

Then when I gave an answer you lost it.

Here's the most important thing - you're too easily offended. In our times, we're sick to death of people whining about how 'offended' they are all the bleeding time. We have a few anti-Irish jokes, refreshing near the knuckle, many of them, and then you come along with your histrionics, exactly like some stupid black man might do, and it's NOT an endearing scene.
Back the Fuck up mate all I wrote was this:

I detect a bit of jealousy here towards the Irish.From there you guys took it and Im just going with it.

Grow a thicker skin, roll with the punches, and quit going on about irrevocable changes to the Irish population in the 1600s.
'Grow a thicker skin' LOL Christ your the ones taking an identity issue here.

At the end of the day, you're with those who want to uproot an entire population in the Six Counties, and we can't let you get away with it. Your PC 'victim status' might help you in some quarters, but not here. WE've had enough of it.
The illegal squatters in Ulster (part of) are British they will be uprooted they have to be as they are bringing Blacks and Browns into Ireland.

How much would you like to stake on that claim, I've got all my generations traced back to Europe, and quite a many of them back to the 1300's.
I simply do not believe that.

Barreldriver
03-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I simply do not believe that.

Then that is your choice, I've got the documents to back up my claims so that's that. btw. I noticed you have an Austrailian flag avatar, are you a native Australian? If so I'd be checking for some Aboriginal blood in your line.:thumb001: Your accusations are a double edged sword man.

Electronic God-Man
03-07-2009, 06:25 PM
'Grow a thicker skin' LOL Christ your the ones taking an identity issue here.

You're trying to twist things a bit here, aren't you? You were the one who was calling our identity into question. Now that we responded to your claims we are having an "identity issue"?

Oh, and I accidentally thanked your post. Haha.

Creeping Death
03-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Then that is your choice, I've got the documents to back up my claims so that's that. btw.
You cant rule out that you have negroid ancestry as most if not all Yankee Colonial Stock do have.

I noticed you have an Austrailian flag avatar, are you a native Australian? If so I'd be checking for some Aboriginal blood in your line.:thumb001:
First generation Irish, my parents were immigrants, I can safely say that I am true white as the Irish are furtherest West of all the Europeans .

Your accusations are a double edged sword man.
LOL eggplant
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:clCbzgE7tMhdbM:http://thehealthyhag.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/eggplant_498.jpg:thumbs up

Barreldriver
03-07-2009, 06:32 PM
You cant rule out that you have negroid ancestry as most if not all Yankee Colonial Stock do have.

Actually I can, if you like I could open another thread and post every single one of my documents and sources. Just say the word, it will take a while since I have to type up the Gedcom files, but it will be worth it to shut you up. The only admixture I have is 1/512 Cherokee, the feller was half Dutch half Injun.

First generation Irish, my parents were immigrants, I can safely say that I am true white as the Irish are furtherest West of all the Europeans .

Fair enough

LOL eggplant

Irrelevant.
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:clCbzgE7tMhdbM:http://thehealthyhag.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/eggplant_498.jpg:thumbs up

Creeping Death
03-07-2009, 06:37 PM
You're trying to twist things a bit here, aren't you? You were the one who was calling our identity into question. Now that we responded to your claims we are having an "identity issue"?
Im not twisting anything I responded to you and Aemeric in this manner on post #50 (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22024&postcount=50). Your posting has been anti Irish from the start Im just rooting for my side.

Oh, and I accidentally thanked your post. Haha.
Only a mulatto intellect would so that:thumb001:

Osweo
03-07-2009, 06:43 PM
The illegal squatters in Ulster (part of) are British they will be uprooted

How do you expect to get ANYWHERE with this bad attitude! Perhaps the most ideal solution would be to woo the Northerners into the Republic. But you prefer antagonism. :confused:

A general point - has the US experience with the Irish been worse than the English? It seems so to me, but I'm not sure I can fairly comment, being the result of generations of intermarriage. Can some other Englishman comment?

I think the very distance of the New World, and the finality of migrating there (few ever returned) made for a different sort of immigrant, and different feelings among the immigrants, if you see what I mean, no? England, being only a few hourse ferry ride away was probably thought far less of a step to take, with return being easily possible. Any ideas here?

Creeping Death
03-07-2009, 06:52 PM
How do you expect to get ANYWHERE with this bad attitude! Perhaps the most ideal solution would be to woo the Northerners into the Republic. But you prefer antagonism. :confused:
I really dont like Ulster squatters they remind me of Zionist squatters. What Olivers army inflicted left lasting results on the Irish psych, and what followed after through the centuries reaching its zenith with the Great famine sowed the seeds of this racial conflict. That is something the British must come to terms with and accept as their fault.

Psychonaut
03-07-2009, 06:53 PM
A general point - has the US experience with the Irish been worse than the English?

I don't think it's really that much of an issue nowadays. I don't think of the Irish as being particularly foreign, but like the Finns who came here en masse between 1870 and 1930, they're generally not an Old Stock element. Were I a Yankee living in the 1870s, however, I can certainly imagine that I'd have been quite anti-Irish. As I was telling my wife last night, the Irish prove a point that I'm always making when I discuss immigration with non-racialists: being anti-immigration is not necessarily a racist proposition. Most of us who hold the belief that America belongs to those who established it would be just as loathe to see boatloads of Germans coming here as we would to be to see the boatloads of Puerto Ricans that already do. Granted, Europeans are more racially assimilable, but the point remains, mass immigration from any source is lamentable.

SouthernBoy
03-07-2009, 07:04 PM
...I can safely say that I am true white as the Irish are furtherest West of all the Europeans. God only knows what sort of mixing took place on the continent. ;)

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 08:16 PM

What about this fine 100% Irishman, Thomas D'Arcy McGee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_D%27Arcy_McGee), born in Carlingford, Ireland in 1825.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/ThomasDArcyMcGee.jpg

Maybe the Irish were a little too far west.;)

Jägerstaffel
03-07-2009, 08:18 PM
I don't have anything against the Irish. I wasn't alive during the potato famine; I'm not entirely 'Anglo-Saxon Old Stock American' and I don't live around any significant Catholic communities. I was just joking.

Brian, it was lighthearted fun. Have you ever visited the chatbox on the front page? We make fun of the French every single evening. It's just an attempt at humour.

What's this about Old Stock negro blood though? Haven't we already been over that steaming pile of bullshit before and already seen it for the multicultural lie it is.

Gooding
03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I will agree that it did start out as lighthearted fun and it remained so to an extent..then things started being defensive..:confused:
We do tend to make fun of ourselves and pick on each other to a slight degree..but to the point where it's actually offensive?Maybe I'm an insensitive jerk, but I haven't seen it..

Brynhild
03-07-2009, 08:39 PM
I suppose Irish jokes are out of the question then, given the sensitive nature of this thread? :eek:

Gooding
03-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Evidently.................quite so, yes.

SPQR
03-07-2009, 08:58 PM
They should be happy, atleast there wasn't an entire thread dedicated to the question "Are Irish White???"....

Gooding
03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I hear you on that,S.P.Q.R.. Obviously the Italians, Sardinians and Sicilians are white and the thread in question was actually embarrassing.:(:confused::eek:

Psychonaut
03-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I suppose Irish jokes are out of the question then, given the sensitive nature of this thread? :eek:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3362/3336509800_344715020b_o.jpg

Beorn
03-07-2009, 09:17 PM
At the World Women's Conference, the first speaker from England stood up: "At last year's conference we spoke about being more assertive with our husbands.

Well after the conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer cook for him and that he would have to do it himself.

After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I saw that he had cooked a wonderful roast lamb."

The crowd cheered.

The second speaker from America stood up: "After last year's conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer do his laundry and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I saw that he had done not only his own washing but my washing as well."

The crowd cheered.

The third speaker from Ireland stood up: "After last year's conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer do his shopping and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I could see a little bit out of my left eye."

http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/%7Eel6/presentations/Irish_Americans_S2_WS2003/foto/Image7.gif

Creeping Death
03-08-2009, 12:15 AM
On a construction site an Irishman and an Englishman were sitting on the 25th floor having lunch.

The Irishman Paddy O'Brien opened his lunch and said "Christ I have had it, everyday for the last 25 years my wife has made me corn beef sandwiches! If tomorrow I find my wife has put corn beef in my sandwiches Im killing myself!

The Englishman Tommy Smith opened his lunch and said "Roast Beef again! Everyday it is roast beef ! If I tomorrow find roast beef in my sandwiches I will kill myself as well Paddy! '

Tomorrow arrives and again the Irishman and an Englishman were sitting on the 25th floor having lunch.

The Irishman opens his lunch to find his wife has made corn beef sandwiches. "Thats it" said Paddy "Im killing myself", and with that he jumped from the 25th floor killing himself.

The Englishman opens his lunch finds he once again has roast beef sandwiches and like Paddy jumps to his death.

Three days later after the funeral the wives of Paddy and Tommy were talking about their husbands killing themselves over their lunch.

The Irish women said "If only Paddy told me he wanted something in his lunch other than cornbeef, I would of made it for him"

The English lady then said "I dont understand it Tommy always made his own lunch".

Osweo
03-08-2009, 01:22 AM
I really dont like Ulster squatters they remind me of Zionist squatters. What Olivers army inflicted left lasting results on the Irish psych,
Aw, poor Irish! :rolleyes: What a load of rubbish. As if every nation hasn't had this sort of thing inflicted on them at one time or another. It's a good measure of character to see how people can get over such things. Dwelling on them till they become a mania is not healthy.

and what followed after through the centuries reaching its zenith with the Great famine sowed the seeds of this racial conflict.
"Racial Conflict"?!? You're living in a fantasy world. That's the sort of millenarial nonsense that keeps normal sane people from leading nice normal productive lives, getting randomly bombed out of their homes, businesses and lives, by fanatical hotheads who are no better than mujahadeen.

That is something the British must come to terms with and accept as their fault.
Oh no, we're SO guilty! Ashes and sackcloth all round, boys and girls! IF only the noble glorious Irish would forgive our sorry arses! Give over! Few of us have any personal debt to the Irish (I was going to say "to you", but then remembered that you're just some enthusiast from the Antipodes whose direct experience of these LIFE AND DEATH matters is probably restricted to partisan Michael Collins biographies and Liam Neeson films. I know the type - my 'Irish' third cousins in America (three generations off the boat) have very similar notions).
Can't we start afresh, and live as neighbours, recognising our complex relations with each other, without playing demeaning Blame Games and posing as ridiculous martyrs?

Gooding
03-08-2009, 01:24 AM
That's something I'd dearly like to see as well, Oswiu. I think I posted last night about the guilt trips that others delighted in imposing on us in the past and how now we're starting to wake up.So the English were stronger and better way back when and they were the ones that forged an Empire.Ought they to feel guilty for it?Why?We have a huge Anglosphere thanks in large part to their efforts.Terrorists have murdered law enforcement in the past and blamed them for being murdered.Should the terrorists be regarded as national heroes?I rather think not.My tuppence on the matter.

Creeping Death
03-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Aw, poor Irish! :rolleyes: What a load of rubbish. As if every nation hasn't had this sort of thing inflicted on them at one time or another. It's a good measure of character to see how people can get over such things. Dwelling on them till they become a mania is not healthy.
800 years of interference? Cromwell exterminated 1/3 of the population in a deliberate and systematic planned invasion. 25% were transported to the Americas those Irish left were dispossessed subjected to an alien plantation of persons. Oh and that also happened to their blood Gael Highland Scots with the clearances. No country has had that done to them.

"Racial Conflict"?!? You're living in a fantasy world. That's the sort of millenarial nonsense that keeps normal sane people from leading nice normal productive lives, getting randomly bombed out of their homes, businesses and lives, by fanatical hotheads who are no better than mujahadeen.
Racail conflict yes I assert that is a very accurate term. The racial concept of British is the most destructive as it has destroyed Celtic identity and Germanic identity of the Anglo Saxon. Briticism has superimposed itself on racial identities by those identifying themselves as Low Land Scots or Ulster. Briticism is racial suicide as Blacks and Browns claim to be British.

Oh no, we're SO guilty! Ashes and sackcloth all round, boys and girls! IF only the noble glorious Irish would forgive our sorry arses! Give over! Few of us have any personal debt to the Irish (I was going to say "to you", but then remembered that you're just some enthusiast from the Antipodes whose direct experience of these LIFE AND DEATH matters is probably restricted to partisan Michael Collins biographies and Liam Neeson films.
Yaeh, yeah look everyone someone is getting all teary eyed about the old country his mum immigrated from.Oh my God I feel an old shanty coming on!

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so."
:rolleyes2:

Can't we start afresh, and live as neighbours, recognising our complex relations with each other, without playing demeaning Blame Games and posing as ridiculous martyrs?
Then you must destroy Briticism and celebrate Anglo-Saxon heritage as your identity, your mind is locked tighter than a steel drum.

Ulf
03-08-2009, 03:31 AM
ORifieiZiP4

Osweo
03-08-2009, 03:37 AM
God damn it, now I am giving him THANKS!

Must be some Mulatto in me too!
:P

800 years of interference?
Ah, THANK THE GODS, we're back onto JOKES again! :D:thumb001::p

Cromwell exterminated 1/3 of the population in a deliberate and systematic planned invasion. 25% were transported to the Americas those Irish left were dispossessed subjected to an alien plantation of persons. Oh and that also happened to their blood Gael Highland Scots with the clearances. No country has had that done to them.
Oh boohoo!
You're trying to tell me the Irish are as Specialtm as the Jews are?!?!? :eek:
Stay in line - the Ukrainians and Armenians are also desperate to break into the exclusive VICTIM NATION club! Holocausts, Famines... YAWN! The Irish are STILL here, and like the Ukraintsy and Armenians, are all the better in their national consciousness for their historic struggles. You should be grateful to the English, much as in Nietzsche's 'tightened bow' metaphor about Christianity.

Racail conflict yes I assert that is a very accurate term. The racial concept of British is the most destructive as it has destroyed Celtic identity and Germanic identity of the Anglo Saxon. Briticism has superimposed itself on racial identities by those identifying themselves as Low Land Scots or Ulster. Briticism is racial suicide as Blacks and Browns claim to be British.
I share much of your stance there, actually. Anyone who wants out of the Union, leave with my blessing, if you finally make your mind up about it. But don't then carry on whinging! :D

Yaeh, yeah look everyone someone is getting all teary eyed about the old country his mum immigrated from.Oh my God I feel an old shanty coming on!

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so."
:rolleyes2:
Beautiful English lyrics (Mr. Weatherly actually wrote them in Stalybridge, just down the road from where I'm from in Lancashire) and a beautiful Irish air. Just the thing to demonstrate our intricate and many layered relationships in this archipelago. And you roll your eyes... :(

Then you must destroy Briticism and celebrate Anglo-Saxon heritage as your identity, your mind is locked tighter than a steel drum.
Yours is as stretched as taut as the best of trampolines - everything seems to bounce off it without making the slightest impression!
'British' isn't just the bloated Westminster monster, there's more to it than that. If there weren't we could knock it all down tomorrow. And your beloved jellignite can't change that.

Beorn
03-08-2009, 03:44 AM
I never really bother myself with all the nonsense that goes on between the Irish and the English, or the Scottish and the English, or the Welsh and the English.
But, I am always recalled to the fact that every nation mentioned has exacted bloody genocides and bloody wars of attrition, raids deep into mother heartlands and stolen and raped innocent lives that, to hear that one side should be thought of as worse than the other and that this side should be apologetic and prostrating itself towards the offended parties I am repulsed and think about the words of one of our own....

Vae victis

Barreldriver
03-08-2009, 03:53 AM
ORifieiZiP4

lol The Wolfe Tones, I have to admit I like their music, it's well put together.

Creeping Death
03-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Must be some Mulatto in me too!
:P
Then some .

YAWN! The Irish are STILL here.
That is because the Irish resisted, you have learnt that violence pays, fight fire with fire, the Irish never surrendered their racial identity.

Anyone who wants out of the Union, leave with my blessing,
No one wanted part of the union in the first place.

Just the thing to demonstrate our intricate and many layered relationships in this archipelago. And you roll your eyes... :(
Or demonstrating how Briticism consumes another racial identity by absorbing and superimposing Britishness over the Irish identity. The Russians called it Russification.

'British' isn't just the bloated Westminster monster, there's more to it than that. If there weren't we could knock it all down tomorrow. And your beloved jellignite can't change that.
British is being defeated from within:

One in four Britons claim Irish roots (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1224611.stm)

One in four Britons claim to have Irish background, a new survey suggests.

If true, 14 million Britons or 24% of the population will have more than a passing interest in the St Patrick's Day festivities on Saturday.

The desire to be Irish is most prevalent among young people. Almost half (42%) of those in the 18-34 category claim to have Irish ancestry.
Seems young English are looking to Ireland for an identity, like me they see British = Multiracial.

Jägerstaffel
03-08-2009, 04:38 AM
Oh wait. Now I get it.
At first I thought you were just hyper-sensitive about being Irish and the perceived insults in the first few posts.

But now I get it. You just hate the English (and their colonial descendants) and THAT's why we're all mulattoes and negros.

Osweo
03-08-2009, 04:38 AM
That is because the Irish resisted, ... the Irish never surrendered their racial identity.
Wow, they're great, I wish I was one of them!

Oh, hang on, I AM! :p I have a passport and property there. :thumb001:

No one wanted part of the union in the first place.
Simplistic. There were local forces more than willing to work with London. Big fat bribes were often VERY welcome, too! :p

Or demonstrating how Briticism consumes another racial identity by absorbing and superimposing Britishness over the Irish identity. The Russians called it Russification.
When Nikolai I started pushing that one, it was VERY clear what the desired result was - and it was Great-Russian.
'British' is far more flexible, and perhaps still has something left in it. It always had a meaning, and something rather more than mere geography.

Seems young English are looking to Ireland for an identity, like me they see British = Multiracial.
You should look to Australia. Then some FIRSTHAND knowledge about things can inform your views...

I look more to England, despite the Brennans, O'Briens and Shieldses and whatnot in my pedigree.

Gooding
03-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Oh wait. Now I get it.
At first I thought you were just hyper-sensitive about being Irish and the perceived insults in the first few posts.

But now I get it. You just hate the English (and their colonial descendants) and THAT's why we're all mulattoes and negros.

We know who/what we are and we really don't need anyone's seal of approval.By the way, we colonial descendants of the English, and the English themselves, simply kick ass.That's why we're typing in English rather than Gaelic.

Jägerstaffel
03-08-2009, 04:49 AM
So why should we care about the opinion of an outsider? We know who/what we are and we really don't need anyone's seal of approval.By the way, we colonial descendants of the English, and the English themselves, simply kick ass.That's why we're typing in English rather than Gaelic.

I do not consider him an 'outsider' as I'm not an insider.

Gooding
03-08-2009, 05:08 AM
Right on.I deleted that purile bullshit of mine.It's getting easier and easier for me to get angry these days.:(

Creeping Death
03-08-2009, 05:22 AM
Oh wait. Now I get it.
Im not hypersensitive it is you others all I said on page 3 (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2677&page=3) was:
From there you guys took it, I just threw it back in your faces.

But now I get it. You just hate the English (and their colonial descendants)
I love the English cant beat them, I went to school there in 1971 for 8 months and lived there for almost 2 years in 83. Its British I cant stand, because I know what it is.

and THAT's why we're all mulattoes and negros.
Colonial American stock as with the South African whites have suspect ancestry, that comes with close contact with negroes.

'British' is far more flexible,
As long as you went along with it, however if you didnt as with the Irish and Highland Scots British became a spiked bat to shoved up your arse.

You should look to Australia.
No thanks I have seen plenty of the World I form my own opinions you dont agree with them thats okay.

I look more to England
I dont think so, your very British in your concepts.

Jägerstaffel
03-08-2009, 05:29 AM
In page 5 I clearly stated I was just joking. I'm not hypersensitive, you just can't take a joke.

And as for the suspect ancestry; I've heard equal claims of just about every European country having 'suspect ancestry' from Huns, or Mongols, or Moors, or Africans or what the hell ever. How come you never bring that up?

Because it's bullshit and you know it.

Creeping Death
03-08-2009, 05:42 AM
In page 5 I clearly stated I was just joking. I'm not hypersensitive, you just can't take a joke.
What joke did I take an offence too? I havent found anything here offensive actually I just enjoined that I thought there was some jealousy towards the Irish and the rest of you guys attacked.

And as for the suspect ancestry; I've heard equal claims of just about every European country having 'suspect ancestry' from Huns, or Mongols, or Moors, or Africans or what the hell ever. How come you never bring that up?
I do thats why I was banned from PANF and shut out of Stirpes.

Jägerstaffel
03-08-2009, 05:54 AM
Whatever.

Personally I don't care about the English/Irish/British thing. Means nothing to me. You go ahead and argue with the people that give a crap. I'm just sick of this negro blood baloney. It's the same thing over and over.

Have fun Uber-Aryan-Euro man. Let me bow down to your pure white blood.

I'll go back over here with the mixed-race brown people where I belong.

Creeping Death
03-08-2009, 06:03 AM
I'm just sick of this negro blood baloney. It's the same thing over and over.
Look mate I was taking on this Æmeric when he casti=gated the Irish as inferior of sorts.

What we need to do is appreciate the Native Americans (I don't mean the Injuns) without who there wouldn't be any of those hyphenated Americans.Yeah right, appreciate the Mayflower Wasp stock one third of whom have black blood (http://pmsol3.wordpress.com/2007/07/25/13-white-americans-have-recent-black-ancestry/). How do you like your watermelon boy

Thats it I have nothing against you for Christsake stop getting bent out of shape. I wasnt accusing anyone of being Black just that they had better think twice and hard before they start slandering another white people.

Jägerstaffel
03-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Alright; I can admit where I'm wrong.
I've just heard a bit too much of the mixed-race American thing from European preservationists and was not hoping to see any of it on the Apricity.

I'll back out of it now as I've got nothing else to say on the subject and no view one way or another of British identity.

Ulf
03-08-2009, 09:00 AM

Maybe the English enjoyed conquering the Irish so much the decided to try it a few times before giving up. Certainly the success of it is seen today.

So I looked up some Cromwell and

Cromwell's conquest was the most brutal phase of a brutal war. By its close, up to a third of Ireland's pre-war population was dead or in exile. As punishment for the rebellion of 1641, almost all lands owned by Irish Catholics were confiscated and given to British settlers

So Cromwell steals all their land gives it to British. Couple o' years later the Irish come to America, probably because they had no land in Ireland, and you're pissed when they organize and vote out the native Englishmen? Maybe the Irish should've just pulled a Cromwell on them.

And now I await the obligatory "Omg, you support foreigners voting out native populations, you're a race traitor and love negros and mexicans and kebabs and falafels and probably drive foreign cars with a gay rights flag on the back. And your penis is small and you're probably black."
Or not, cause this isn't Skadi. ;)

stormlord
03-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Christ mate judging the crap state of over the top multiracial England today the English should be on top of the heap then.

Nice job genius, yes I'm talking about the last 20 or so years, because that's really how nations are judged, you know exactly what I mean. I would have preferred to avoid a slanging match but fine; you know very well that America's opinions of different countries aren't based on the countries' last government, it's based on their whole history; ooh Ireland's whiter than England, how nice for you, more potatoes to go around. Doesn't change the fact that the sum of Ireland's accomplishments is approximately nil, and all their recent economic success is based on letting foreigners set up business there, compare that to the UK, the achievements of which needn't be mentioned, but suffice to say I'd ask you what language your spewing your crap in, and what you're using to do so.

Anyway, let's see who the cultural establishment of the US groups the Irish with;

Groups allowed to show ethnic pride;

Mexicans
Cubans
Asians
Africans
Irish
Italians

Groups not allowed to show ethnic pride;

English
Germans
Dutch
Swedish
Scots-Irish

Wow, such illustrious company.

I really dont like Ulster squatters they remind me of Zionist squatters. What Olivers army inflicted left lasting results on the Irish psych, and what followed after through the centuries reaching its zenith with the Great famine sowed the seeds of this racial conflict. That is something the British must come to terms with and accept as their fault.

BOO HOO! I'm sorry, it's all our fault, I'm sorry we beat you. The strong bowing down to the weak is the overriding message of the left and the whole white people are evil because they did things better than everyone else and won all the wars we got into with other groups meme, you want to play the same card? You see us bitching about the Romans?

On a construction site an Irishman and an Englishman were sitting on the 25th floor having lunch.

The Irishman Paddy O'Brien opened his lunch and said "Christ I have had it, everyday for the last 25 years my wife has made me corn beef sandwiches! If tomorrow I find my wife has put corn beef in my sandwiches Im killing myself!

The Englishman Tommy Smith opened his lunch and said "Roast Beef again! Everyday it is roast beef ! If I tomorrow find roast beef in my sandwiches I will kill myself as well Paddy! '

Tomorrow arrives and again the Irishman and an Englishman were sitting on the 25th floor having lunch.

The Irishman opens his lunch to find his wife has made corn beef sandwiches. "Thats it" said Paddy "Im killing myself", and with that he jumped from the 25th floor killing himself.

The Englishman opens his lunch finds he once again has roast beef sandwiches and like Paddy jumps to his death.

Three days later after the funeral the wives of Paddy and Tommy were talking about their husbands killing themselves over their lunch.

The Irish women said "If only Paddy told me he wanted something in his lunch other than cornbeef, I would of made it for him"

The English lady then said "I dont understand it Tommy always made his own lunch".

You don't seem to entirely get it Brian, in these jokes the Irishman is meant to be the stupid one; jokes are only funny if their based on truth.

ps apologies for my rudeness to any Irish people riding this who aren't complete dickheads.

Ulf
03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
You don't seem to entirely get it Brian, in these jokes the Irishman is meant to be the stupid one; jokes are only funny if their based on truth.

It's 'they're'. Are you Irish?

stormlord
03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
well, if they did that, then the multicles would think all white Americans were German ;)

No full stop!

Bill - Don't mind him he used to be an Irishman

No quotation marks!

St Patrick's OMG, NO APOSTROPHE! (oh yeah, love those rhymes)

younger persons who's ancestors have been here for 10 or more generations not claiming a foreign ancestry & older persons who did claim it dying off.

would that in fact be whose? Oh yeah! Another point!

you like your watermelon boy?

NO question mark, no question, BAM!

Well then I should hate the americans I used to play an MMORPG with.. they got offended by my English because I apparently spoke to proper...
I must be the only none-native English speaker who has gotten that thrown at him. :P

spoke to proper, Who, is this Proper fellow? Might I speak to him too? HA HA, it's "too proper" actually!

I think the above indicates how easy it is to be an asshat in this area, so how about, like the majority of people on here, we just leave the spelling alone? Alternately we can play the internet tough guy academic credentials game and I can pound you into the floor, your choice :thumbs up (ps all in good fun)

Ulf
03-08-2009, 01:16 PM
My keyboard is bigger than yours.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/blazeomatic/citta/5bdxcx.jpg

Æmeric
03-08-2009, 01:21 PM
One in four Britons claim Irish roots

Read beyond the headline:

The last British census, carried out in 1991, suggested five million British people either had an Irish parent or grandparent - less than one in ten of the population.

Dr Roy Bradshaw of Nottingham University's School of Geography, said: "A quarter of the population claiming Irish roots may be true, but you would have to go a long way back to find it, probably to the first half of the 19th century when a lot of Irish labourers came to Britain to work on the canals.

:coffee:

So Cromwell steals all their land gives it to British. Couple o' years later the Irish come to America, probably because they had no land in Ireland, and you're pissed when they organize and vote out the native Englishmen? Maybe the Irish should've just pulled a Cromwell on them.

It was a couple of centuries later. And does the Cromwellian conquest have to do with the contemporary war against Nativist America being waged by the likes of the Kennedys?

Osweo
03-08-2009, 02:00 PM
THat 'one in four' statistic seems a bit absurd to me, by the way. I come from one of the most heavily Irished areas in the country, and as I look around at my friends and acquaintances, it's about a quarter, but there are enormous swathes of country (including fairly populous towns) beyond this city where it's almost unheard of.

And there's a funny category who don't even know that they're Irish. They don't realise where their surnames come from when you speak to them, or why they were baptised in a Catholic church, believe it or not. If it comes to people 'claiming' Irish ancestry, it's going to be smaller than other facts might indicate anyway.

SwordoftheVistula
03-08-2009, 02:20 PM

I was using the 'Mayflower' generically to describe the 'Ye Olde Yankee Colonial' stock.

Colonial American stock as with the South African whites have suspect ancestry, that comes with close contact with negroes

In the US, 'Yankee' is generally associated with those from the northeastern coastal region 'New England', or in some cases 'northerners' generally. These people never had any contact with blacks until the 1960s or so, and have zero chance of being mixed. Some from the southern regions might be mixed, but this a very small portion of the US as a whole, due to the 'one drop rule' and segregation which moved anyone with any nonwhite ancestry into the 'nonwhite' category.

Its the WASP class that has crawled up the Jews ass in America, they made an alliance with them and made the Jews and their media/propaganda complex allies. The WASPS all support Israel and Holocaust punishment of Germany.

The actual English, concentrated in the northeast, are the most anti-Israel/zionest people in the country (aside from the Blacks and Hispanics). Pro-Israel/Jews/Zionism comes mostly from the South, which has a large celtic element.

800 years of interference? Cromwell exterminated 1/3 of the population in a deliberate and systematic planned invasion. 25% were transported to the Americas those Irish left were dispossessed subjected to an alien plantation of persons.

Overall, I think Ireland is much the better off for having been ruled by the British, as the Irish have adopted the British legal and governance system. If you look at the most prosperous countries in the world, they are Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United States, Canada...notice anything in common there? All former British colonies. The UK itself lags behind these former colonies as well as a couple other northern European countries like Switzerland and Denmark, but is still a mile ahead of most of the rest of the world.

Groups allowed to show ethnic pride;

Mexicans
Cubans
Asians
Africans
Irish
Italians

English
Germans
Dutch
Swedish
Scots-Irish

The Scots definitely belong in the 'allowed to show pride' category, they have many festivals and whatnot, most of them actually feel close kinship with the Irish.

The Dutch and Swedes would be and are allowed when they bother, most of them don't because there's not many of them and nearly all of them are mixed ancestry with the Anglo/Germans.

stormlord
03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
My keyboard is bigger than yours.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/blazeomatic/citta/5bdxcx.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/razp6f.jpg

and just for you Brian;

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vlunhw.jpg

This thread is going downhill...

Ulf
03-08-2009, 02:35 PM
It was a couple of centuries later.
No shit? I could have sworn I was just summarizing, next time I'll be more precise like tea-time.

And does the Cromwellian conquest have to do with the contemporary war against Nativist America being waged by the likes of the Kennedys?

The English have fucked with the Irish for centuries. Is it any wonder they have no interest in Anglo/'Nativist' preservation? They weren't considered white so why the hell would they help white people. Turnabout is fair play. They probably know it pisses you off and are just trolling you on a monumental level.

And of course it's the Irish population's fault for coming here and getting elected and then fucking with the Natives. Never mind the history. Let me punch you in the face but before you hit me back I want a truce.

Osweo
03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
The English have fucked with the Irish for centuries. Is it any wonder they have no interest in Anglo/'Nativist' preservation? They weren't considered white so why the hell would they help white people. Turnabout is fair play. They probably know it pisses you off and are just trolling you on a monumental level.

And of course it's the Irish population's fault for coming here and getting elected and then fucking with the Natives. Never mind the history. Let me punch you in the face but before you hit me back I want a truce.
But not all Irish maintain this shoulder chip. Many have got over it. It's not an excuse for anything.

Æmeric
03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
No shit? I could have sworn I was just summarizing, next time I'll be more precise like tea-time.
There's a big difference between a couple of years & a couple of centuries.

The English have fucked with the Irish for centuries.

You talk as if it was one-way. It's only because the English were usually the vicotrs that most people think of the Irish as a race of victims.

Is it any wonder they have no interest in Anglo/'Nativist' preservation? They weren't considered white so why the hell would they help white people. And you have no interest either.

Turnabout is fair play. What is fair play about it? America had already been independent from Britain for over 60-years before mass Irish-Catholic immigration started.

They probably know it pisses you off and are just trolling you on a monumental level.Speaking of trolls go take a look in the mirror.

And of course it's the Irish population's fault for coming here and getting elected and then fucking with the Natives. Never mind the history. Blame the English for their actions in Ireland but the Irish are blameless for the actions in America?:confused:

Let me punch you in the face but before you hit me back I want a truce.

Fuck You! (http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/Aemeric/middle_finger.jpg)

Ulf
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Let me punch you in the face but before you hit me back I want a truce.

This was alluding to this.

Turnabout is fair play.

I apologize for not being clearer. I have no desire to punch you in the face.

And you have no interest either.

:blah:

Yes yes, race-traitor, etc etc etc, see previous post of mine.

Read my signature 3 times and take a deep breath.

Beorn
03-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Two die in 'barbaric' Army attack (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7930837.stm)
Two soldiers have been shot dead during a gun attack at an army base in County Antrim, the Ministry of Defence says.

A spokesman said "four other personnel" were injured, one of them critically, in the attack at Massereene army base in Antrim, 16 miles north of Belfast.
No one has said their gunmen carried out the attack, but it is thought to be the work of dissident republicans.
Northern Ireland Secretary Shaun Woodward condemned the shootings as "an act of criminal barbarism".
Earlier reports suggested all those killed and injured were male. The MoD said the next of kin of the dead soldiers had been informed.

'Murderous attack'

Mr Woodward added: "My thoughts are with the families of those killed and injured in this murderous attack.
"The contrast between those who serve the community and those who would destroy it could not be clearer. The people who did this will be pursued and they will never stop the political process in Northern Ireland."

The attack was being investigated by the Police Service of Northern Ireland, the statement added. The soldiers are the first to be murdered in Northern Ireland since Lance Bombardier Stephen Restorick was killed by an IRA sniper in 1997.
All four injured men have been taken to Antrim Area Hospital, about a mile away from the scene.
The condition of some were said to be serious.

'Loud bangs'

It is believed that there were two long busts of gunfire during the incident.
A major security operation is under way and the area surrounding the barracks, which is home to 38 Engineering Regiment, has been sealed off.
Eyewitness reports have suggested the victims were taking a pizza delivery when the shooting began.
One witness who lives near the base told the BBC how he looked to the sky after hearing what he thought were fireworks.

He added: "Then I heard a lot of loud bangs again, only it was a lot more than there was initially - maybe between 10 and 20. "Then the siren at the army barracks went off. Then all you heard was the police sirens and ambulances and there was at least six ambulances.
"There was definitely six of the ambulances and God knows how many police cars - they just came out of the police station one after the other."
In a statement, Downing Street said everything possible would be done to ensure those responsible would be brought to justice.
"This is a terrible incident that we utterly condemn and the prime minister's thoughts, first and foremost, are with the families of those killed and with those seriously injured in this attack," it continued.
Northern Ireland's First Minister and Democratic Unionist Party leader Peter Robinson offered his sympathies to the families of the victims, and said he would postpone a scheduled trip to the United States.
Mr Robinson said the attack was "terrible reminder of the events of the past".

He added: "These murders were a futile act by those who command no public support and have no prospect of success in their campaign. It will not succeed." David Ford, the leader of the Alliance Party, said it was "inconceivable" that the attack could have been carried out by anyone other than dissident republicans.
"The important thing is that we must not see politics and the peace settlement that we have, fragile though it is, destabilised by this kind of action," he added.
The attack comes shortly after Sir Hugh Orde, the chief constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland, requested the Special Reconnaissance Regiment's help to gather intelligence on dissident republicans.
He had said the threat against his officers and military personnel was at its highest for almost a decade.
Mr Robinson said the Massereene attack vindicated his decision, which had been criticised by Sinn Fein.
In 2008, dissident republicans attempted to kill PSNI officers during separate incidents in Derry City and Dungannon, Co Tyrone.
Security forces defused a 300lb (136kg) bomb in Castlewellan, Co Down, close to a barracks in February 2009.

Ian Paisley Jnr, a DUP member of the Northern Ireland Assembly and the Policing Board, said the shooting could prove to be a defining moment in Northern Ireland's history. He said: "For the last 10 years, people believed things like this happened in foreign countries, places like Basra. Unfortunately it has returned to our doorstep."
The leader of the nationalist SDLP, Mark Durkan, condemned the "murderous" attacks.
"Those who committed it are steeped in the mindset and means of past violence," he added.
"They need to understand this is not an attack on British army but the Irish people who have voted for and value above all else peaceful politics and democratic accommodation."

Æmeric
03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Well at least this time they are not blowing up innocent civilians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombing), though there are those apologists for the Irish Nationalists who rationalize that sort of action.:rolleyes2:

Creeping Death
03-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Nice job genius, yes I'm talking about the last 20 or so years, because that's really how nations are judged, you know exactly what I mean.
Oh the last 20 years why not make it the last 40 years say starting in 1969 when Britain at the request of the Orange squatters sent the army onto the streets of Native Irish.

English
Germans
Dutch
Swedish
Scots-Irish.
German Day Festival (http://www.yelp.com/biz/annual-german-american-festival-chicago)

Dutch Festival (http://www.godutch.com/newspaper/index.php?id=1215)

Swedish Folk Festival Kansas (http://www.flickr.com/photos/glowrocks/sets/72157594182113782/)

Toronto Orange Day Parade (http://mysite.verizon.net/cbladey/boyne/para3.html)

Now as for the English, well with Morris Dancing, Maypole twirling and Tar Barrel rolling, it would be good sense not to display English pride lest you wish to keep your friends. ;)

You see us bitching about the Romans?
No but you bitch endlessly about what the Germans did to Britain during the war and don’t mention the IRA’s campaign of racial Liberation.

Read beyond the headline::coffee:

He states clearly “A quarter of the population claiming Irish roots may be true” he isn’t denying it, the fact is ¼ of young English claim Irish ancestry that is saying something like ‘Britishness’ is dead amongst whites. As for the Kennedy’s Id back them against the racially unsound Mayflower stock any day, the Kennedy’s are verified 100% white. The Mayflower stock made an alliance with the Jews undermining other white nationalities, therefore the White Irish must laed the other White nationalities to extirpate these imposters who wrongfully claim Anglo Saxon roots.

Loyalist
03-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Toronto Orange Day Parade (http://mysite.verizon.net/cbladey/boyne/para3.html)

I march in that parade every year, and can assure you it receives no media coverage, publicity, or any other attention. In fact, the only mention I can recall from recent years was an editorial by an Irish Catholic, published in a newspaper with known left-wing sympathies, which condemned the parade as "hateful" and "racist". The Orange Order was once one of the most influential bodies in Canadian society, but that declined around the mid-20th century, when the now more established Irish, Italians, and other Catholic intruders sleazed their way into power. Placing restrictions on Orange celebrations, while also running a smear campaign to turn the populace against the Institution, was one more step in dismantling Anglo-Canada and importing their own immigrant culture.

Creeping Death
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
These people never had any contact with blacks until the 1960s or so, and have zero chance of being mixed They have had contact with negroes since the 1600’s, much interbreeding took place.
The actual English, concentrated in the northeast, are the most anti-Israel/zionest people in the country (aside from the Blacks and Hispanics). Pro-Israel/Jews/Zionism comes mostly from the South, which has a large celtic element. The WASP element of the US run the country as evidenced by the Political leadership every WASP administration has leaned back and Kissed Israels Ass and the traitors siphoned off Americas wealth to that Zionist $hithole. That makes the Mayflower/WASP people race traitoirs.
Overall, I think Ireland is much the better off for having been ruled by the British, Yes the Third World Ireland that was impoverished after 800 years of British rule, way to go.
I march in that parade every year, and can assure you it receives no media coverage, publicity, or any other attention. Yes but is the march banned?
when the now more established Irish, Italians, and other Catholic intruders sleazed their way into power. Canada was originally Catholic French then British Intruders happened on them and flooded the country.
was one more step in dismantling Anglo-CanadaI like to live in a nation where I can celebrate with my German/Russian/French/Italian/English/Swedish/Spanish Brothers and sisters ALL of our heritages. Your Fucked one eyed view allows one white race to dominate other white peoples.

Æmeric
03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Canada was originally Catholic French then British Intruders happened on them and flooded the country.
Quebec was & still is French or Quebecois. Because the British agreed to let them retain their own language, laws & maintained Catholicism as the official religion. The rest of the country was a wilderness sparcely inhabited by Amerindians. Quebec, btw, only had about 60,000 inhabitants when it became British, there are now 7 million in Canada & several million in the US. Seems like they have been treated well.

I like to live in a nation where I can celebrate with my German/Russian/French/Italian/English/Swedish/Spanish Brothers and sisters ALL of our heritages. Your Fucked one eyed view allows one white race to dominate other white peoples.You are (or pretend) to be an Irish Nationalist but want to deny others the right to advocate or celebrate their heritage. You're the one who's fucked. Why don't you go over to one of those other White power forums like PANF?

Loyalist
03-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Yes but is the march banned?

Orange marches in other Canadian cities have been banned, most for ludicrous reasons. In my own city, the annual parade was banned decades ago after the first Irish Catholic mayor was elected. At the same time, he and his cronies on the local council started up an annual parade featuring students from area Catholic schools, followed by a massive rally at a local football stadium where prominent bishops and church officials preached to the masses. Of course, that's just a coincidence. :rolleyes:

The significance of the Toronto walk (which is the oldest consecutive parade in North America) is the only reason it's still around. Even then, city officials have cut the parade route to less than a quarter of its former length.

Canada was originally Catholic French then British Intruders happened on them and flooded the country.

Read up on Canadian history if you're going to comment on it.

I like to live in a nation where I can celebrate with my German/Russian/French/Italian/English/Swedish/Spanish Brothers and sisters ALL of our heritages. Your Fucked one eyed view allows one white race to dominate other white peoples.

I don't; Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and even South Africa were brought to prominence by people of Northern European blood. Those not belonging to that group, European or otherwise, are a threat to the very existence of our society.

Creeping Death
03-09-2009, 12:08 AM
You are (or pretend) to be an Irish Nationalist but want to deny others the right to advocate or celebrate their heritage. You're the one who's fucked. Why don't you go over to one of those other White power forums like PANF?
I was banned from PANF because the site owner Diablo Blanco like you has non white heritage and when I pointed it out he banned me. So I would like to extend an invite for you to join PANF.

Of course, that's just a coincidence. :rolleyes:
The Orange marches are dying by a lack of enthusiasm, I mean grown men in pinstripes and bowler hats with umbrellas tap dancing to tin whistles looks ridiculous.

I don't; Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and even South Africa were brought to prominence by people of Northern European blood. Those not belonging to that group, European or otherwise, are a threat to the very existence of our society.
Jesus you live in a Fucking dream world South Africa is run by Zulus Australia and New Zealand dont even look to Europe and Canada is over run with dot heads. Thanks but no thanks I would like to live amongst all Europeans, your view is unrealistic. The Northern European identity is only relevant to those living in Europe. There is a north European forum which will not allow anyone from Australasia or North America to join. You better wise up.

Loyalist
03-09-2009, 12:44 AM
The Orange marches are dying by a lack of enthusiasm, I mean grown men in pinstripes and bowler hats with umbrellas tap dancing to tin whistles looks ridiculous.

I've never seen any Orangeman wear a bowler hat or pinstripe suit in a parade over here. Now that you mention it, in the only places where that is seen (Ulster, Scotland, and England), the parades are still thriving. It's the downplaying of Canada's British roots, and increasing atheism and secularism, that are eroding the Order in this country.

Jesus you live in a Fucking dream world South Africa is run by Zulus Australia and New Zealand dont even look to Europe and Canada is over run with dot heads.

Run-on sentences are irritating, but I'll let that slide. South Africa enjoyed the highest standard of living on its continent under white rule, and was as developed as any western nation, until the ANC seized power. The country is now overrun b Zulus, and the deteriorating state of the nation reflects that. Should the Afrikaners be given the independent state many strive for, you will fast see a distinction between that, and the remaining portion of the land of their former Negro countrymen.

Thanks but no thanks I would like to live amongst all Europeans, your view is unrealistic. The Northern European identity is only relevant to those living in Europe.

No, the core population of each nation I highlighted remains of Northern European stock. By adopting your ridiculous pan-European vision, that would quickly disappear.

There is a north European forum which will not allow anyone from Australasia or North America to join. You better wise up.

Are you talking about Nordfolk? I believe we addressed that earlier. :coffee:

stormlord
03-09-2009, 02:44 AM
They have had contact with negroes since the 1600’s, much interbreeding took place.The WASP element of the US run the country as evidenced by the Political leadership every WASP administration has leaned back and Kissed Israels Ass and the traitors siphoned off Americas wealth to that Zionist $hithole. That makes the Mayflower/WASP people race traitoirs.Yes the Third World Ireland that was impoverished after 800 years of British rule, way to go. Yes but is the march banned? Canada was originally Catholic French then British Intruders happened on them and flooded the country.I like to live in a nation where I can celebrate with my German/Russian/French/Italian/English/Swedish/Spanish Brothers and sisters ALL of our heritages. Your Fucked one eyed view allows one white race to dominate other white peoples.

Honestly Brian, does your personal residence resemble the below?

http://i40.tinypic.com/rhs58y.jpg

Or are you just an idiot?

SwordoftheVistula
03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
As for the Kennedy’s Id back them against the racially unsound Mayflower stock any day, the Kennedy’s are verified 100% white. The Mayflower stock made an alliance with the Jews undermining other white nationalities, therefore the White Irish must laed the other White nationalities to extirpate these imposters who wrongfully claim Anglo Saxon roots.

The Kennedys are perhaps the most anti-white family in America. It's more of a class issue than one related to specific ethnicities. The upper class tends most to be anti-white and 'race traitors'. WASP types tended more than others to be upper class, but upper class Irish people are just as bad.

They have had contact with negroes since the 1600’s, much interbreeding took place.

That's one particular region, the South[east]. In the north, blacks did not appear anywhere until the early-mid 20th century, and are still rarely seen outside of urban environments.

The WASP element of the US run the country as evidenced by the Political leadership every WASP administration has leaned back and Kissed Israels Ass and the traitors siphoned off Americas wealth to that Zionist $hithole. That makes the Mayflower/WASP people race traitoirs.

Someone recently posted on this thread or another one the difference between the 'Mayflower/WASP' types and the 'Scotch-Irish' of the southern US. I think you have confused the two, or failed to recognize the distinction between the two. The 'Mayflower/WASP' types are mainly found in New England and parts of New York and the Midwest (perhaps the Mormons of Utah can be considered an extension of them), these regions tend to be the more 'isolationist' in America. It is true that these people were largely responsible for the involvement in the two World Wars, but this was because of their attachment to England/Britain rather than Israel/Jews. As to other problems like the Bush family, as I said before it is an issue of class as opposed to strictly ethnicity.

Yes the Third World Ireland that was impoverished after 800 years of British rule, way to go.

Most of Europe was still rural and impoverished at that point in time. Draw a line from Paris to Berlin, Stockholm, Edinburgh, and back down to Paris again, that was the industrialized region of Europe at that time, everything else was an impoverish rural backwater, for the most part.

You don't see any connection in all of the most prosperous countries in the world being former British colonies?

Allenson
03-09-2009, 04:32 PM
They have had contact with negroes since the 1600’s, much interbreeding took place.

All other things being discussed in the thread aside--the above line is utter horsesh*t.

Show us some hard genetic evidence (and not just someone's blog where individuals are highlighted for the sake of political correctness & identity slander) that negro admixture amongst old stock, northern whites is any more than one or two percent of individuals, then maybe we can talk. Until then, this is nothing more than yammering.

SwordoftheVistula
03-09-2009, 05:24 PM
I think you humor him too much. Black mixture in northern American whites is as nonexistant as in northern Europe. Mixture between northern whites and native americans might reach one or two percent, at most. All of the 'blog examples' I have seen are from such places as Georgia and Oklahoma.

Another thought, if Yankee/WASP America is such a godawful place, why did all the Irish choose to move here?

stormlord
03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Another thought, if Yankee/WASP America is such a godawful place, why did all the Irish choose to move here?

Ha! Good luck getting an answer out of him about that one. I've always found it particularly hilarious given how big a country America is. When Dutch and Swiss and German and Scots Irish immigrants turned up, they pushed out and founded their own communities instead of freeloading, given how evil the English are, I've always been puzzled by the locations the Irish chose to live seemed to be full of the descendants of the very same evil oppressors.

Electronic God-Man
03-09-2009, 07:18 PM
That's one particular region, the South[east]. In the north, blacks did not appear anywhere until the early-mid 20th century, and are still rarely seen outside of urban environments.

I just want to point out a few things here to clarify. It is not true that Northeast White Americans did not have contact with Blacks until the early-mid 20th Century.

There were certainly far less Blacks in the northeast than in the South, but it is still clear that Blacks have lived in the Northeast for a very long time. For example, there was such a thing as Negro Election Day. http://afroamhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/election_day.htm

On this day, New England whites would let the Black slaves have the day off to choose "kings" and "governors" for their Black communities. These people would then settle disputes within the Black community for the coming year. It was sort of a release valve for any growing tensions that might be simmering amongst the Blacks. By giving the Blacks one day where they were "free" and could act as if they had rights it eased the tensions.

Another thing to mention is that during the colonial period in most New England states (except Massachusetts) Blacks could legally marry Whites. I read this in one of my history books just last night: "In New England the law made few special provisions for slavery, even permitting slaves to press claims in court, to testify against Whites, and (except in Massachusetts) to marry Whites." That's from American Colonies: The Settling of North America by Alan Taylor.

Also, everyone knows that Crispus Attucks was killed during the Boston Massacre...he wasn't the only Black in Boston. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crispus_attucks

On a personal note, a few of my forefathers who lived in New Amsterdam/New York owned a few African slaves as well. My one Dutch ancestor's brother and his children were actually murdered by one of their Black slaves.

Even so, Black and White marriages were very uncommon. In New England it was much more common for Black men to take Indian wives. Most slaves in New England were African men and since they couldn't easily get access to African women they opted for the Indian women. The Indian women were available because of the continuos "mourning wars" that their tribes had been conducting to gain more people for their tribes. What it really ended up doing was creating a sexual imbalance in the ratio of Indian men to women. So a bunch of Black men with no Black women and a bunch of Indian women with few Indian men led to increased miscegenation between these two groups.

Anyway, the level of miscegenation between New England Whites and Blacks that resulted in the offspring of these unions being accepted into the White community would have been very very low, if at all.

Creeping Death
03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
You don't see any connection in all of the most prosperous countries in the world being former British colonies?Americas prosperity began when the rebels of 1776 threw off the British Empire and the collaborationist Mayflower stock escaped to Canada. However enough Mayflower/WASP stock remained that in a generation they made alliances with the Jews.

that negro admixture amongst old stock, northern whites is any more than one or two percent of individuals.
I can take that as an admission from you that WASP’s do have Negro blood.

Ha! Good luck getting an answer out of him about that one. I've always found it particularly hilarious given how big a country America is. When Dutch and Swiss and German and Scots Irish immigrants turned up, they pushed out and founded their own communities instead of freeloading, given how evil the English are, I've always been puzzled by the locations the Irish chose to live seemed to be full of the descendants of the very same evil oppressors.
America was discovered and opened up by the French and Spaniards, the Spanish had settlements in Arizona ,California and Texas in the early 1500’s as the did the French in the Northern parts . I find it predictable that the British refugees who arrived their in 1620 ended up freeloading on the backs of other colonialists by eventually flooding these territories and taking them over. These same British refugees would of starved due to their incompetence had not the stone age Indians fed them, that’s where the inter breeding began, through their reliance on the savage.

SwordoftheVistula
03-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Americas prosperity began when the rebels of 1776 threw off the British Empire and the collaborationist Mayflower stock escaped to Canada. However enough Mayflower/WASP stock remained that in a generation they made alliances with the Jews.

You are correct that 'Americas prosperity began when the rebels of 1776 threw off the British Empire', but it doesn't have anything to do with 'collaborationist Mayflower stock fleeing to Canada'. Support for independence was strongest from the 'Mayflower stock' of Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and weakest on the opposite end of the country in the Carolinas and Georgia.

http://www.uelac.org/PDF/loyalist.pdf

The Loyalists came from every class and walk of life. Some depended on the Crown for their livelihood and status and had considerable wealth and property. Many were farmers and craftsmen. There were clerks and clergymen, lawyers and labourers, soldiers and slaves, Native Americans, college graduates, and people who could not write their own names. Recent immigrants from Europe also tended to support the Crown.

So, by geography and the fact that the 'Mayflower stock' was the least 'recent' immigrants, we can deduce that the 'Mayflower stock' was most likely to support independence from Britain, and least likely to flee the country.

Additionally, the most prosperous part of the country until the mid-20th century or so was New England, and most of the country's industry was located in New England for the first century or so of existence

As to alliances with the jews, the centers of 'WASP' culture ('Mayflower stock) excluded jews from their social circles until the mid-20th century or so. It is true that they have been more liberal than other white ethnic groups and they have worked with the jews, but this was not so at the time of independence, and can hardly be considered genetic.

America was discovered and opened up by the French and Spaniards, the Spanish had settlements in Arizona ,California and Texas in the early 1500’s as the did the French in the Northern parts

They had a few scattered outposts. New Orleans was the only sizable settlement, which was sold by Napoleon, who then threw in the rest of the land for half the price of New Orleans as an afterthought. This land was completely uninhabited aside from a few indians, to the point that nobody knew was was there and they had to send out explorers to see just what it was they had bought (Lewis and Clark). The Spanish land in the southwest was essentially unsettled, with only a few missions and ranches. The eastern coast of the US was discovered by English and Dutch explorers, the French and Spaniards didn't venture much north of the Caribbean aside from the French in Quebec.

I find it predictable that the British refugees who arrived their in 1620 ended up freeloading on the backs of other colonialists

Nobody was waiting for them with welfare checks when the arrived. The only other colonists before the British were the Dutch and a small Swedish settlement.

by eventually flooding these territories and taking them over.

There wasn't anyone else there, except Indians. The former French territories were mostly settled by Germans anyways, and the former Spanish territories were also largely settled by people who arrived in the US after the 'Mayflower stock'.

These same British refugees would of starved due to their incompetence had not the stone age Indians fed them, that’s where the inter breeding began, through their reliance on the savage.

That's just a myth. The reason they were starving is because they had a socialist system. Everything they produced went into a common store, and each person had an equal share in the store. All the land that they cleared and all of the houses also belonged 'to the community'. Under this system they had starvation, so they decided to get rid of the communist system and have a capitalist system instead. Each family was assigned it's own plot of land and allowed to keep and sell the food they grew on it. Once this was change was made, they had a bountiful harvest and thus decided to celebrate Thanksgiving and invite the Indians over.

Allenson
03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
I can take that as an admission from you that WASP’s do have Negro blood.

I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't a few floating around out there--but it is nowhere near the level that you insinuated, without any real evidence, I should add.

The results of slave owners knocking up their slave women almost exclusively was merged with the general Negro population and not the other way around.