PDA

View Full Version : Why does "healthy" food taste bad?

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 12:21 AM
I force myself to eat fruits and vegetables. It's awful. Why does it taste so bad I will never develop a taste for it I guess. I don't put butter on it. Cookies, cakes, pies, and candy bars taste oh so much better!

Ayetooey
11-20-2018, 12:22 AM
Try washing it down with some syrupy sweet tea.

Profileid
11-20-2018, 12:34 AM
he's buying this junk food with my tax money

GreentheViper
11-20-2018, 12:52 AM
Because the good foods have been made to taste good usually using chemicals or a lot of salt, fruits and vegetables, usually, are natural.

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 12:57 AM
he's buying this junk food with my tax money

I don't buy junk food. I eat mostly fish and lean meat. I quit eating Chick Fil A even though it's very tempting at work.

Profileid
11-20-2018, 12:59 AM
I don't buy junk food. I eat mostly fish and lean meat. I quit eating Chick Fil A even though it's very tempting at work.

you literally made a video of you buying junk food like a week ago

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 12:59 AM
you literally made a video of you buying junk food like a week ago

I bought a London broil sandwich with mineral water and a small piece of chocolate for dessert. Hardly junk food.

Decius
11-20-2018, 01:00 AM
Because the good foods have been made to taste good usually using chemicals or a lot of salt, fruits and vegetables, usually, are natural.

+1

Profileid
11-20-2018, 01:03 AM
I bought a London broil sandwich with mineral water and a small piece of chocolate for dessert. Hardly junk food.

stay fat and retarded

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 01:04 AM
stay fat and retarded

I'm certain your diet is not perfect. We all can make mistakes and learn from them. I make an effort to eat healthy, even if the food tastes bland and terrible. You can at least give me that.

Decius
11-20-2018, 01:07 AM
I'm certain your diet is not perfect. We all can make mistakes and learn from them. I make an effort to eat healthy, even if the food tastes bland and terrible. You can at least give me that.

I like how you stay calm in your posts. You never get angry and butthurt over posts. Very mature.

Profileid

YOURE FUCKING FAT. YOU DONT NEED TO EAT CHOCOLATE AT ALL

arkas
It doesn't if you know how to cook and aren't addicted to sugar.

de Burgh II
11-20-2018, 01:10 AM
On the contrary, healthy foods are quite good and tasty in my opinion. The reason you may have this perception is that your body was conditioned to be dependent on the saturated fats and sugars that companies purposefully put in their junk foods to get you addicted/dependent on it.

Its no different than any other addiction out there; it requires a disciplined and logical mind to abstain from such impulsive habits.

Ayetooey
11-20-2018, 01:13 AM
Did you make sure the beef in that London Broil was kosher approved?

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 01:25 AM
YOURE FUCKING FAT. YOU DONT NEED TO EAT CHOCOLATE AT ALL

I count all my calories and the chocolate is only about 150 calories. I don't have that every day, my dear.

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 01:26 AM
Did you make sure the beef in that London Broil was kosher approved?

Since I am definitely NOT Jewish, I don't think that really is relevant.

Ayetooey
11-20-2018, 01:28 AM
Since I am definitely NOT Jewish, I don't think that really is relevant.

The sandwich looked good I won't lie, but its not good to eat red meat everyday. Look after your colon and intestines. Turkey, Chicken and Fish are healthier options, especially Turkey.

Profileid
11-20-2018, 01:33 AM
you do not know how to count

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 01:39 AM
you do not know how to count

I use this website:

https://www.loseit.com/

Perhaps you should try it.

Profileid
11-20-2018, 01:41 AM
you have to be eating over 4k calories a day to stay so fat

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 01:42 AM
you have to be eating over 4k calories a day to stay so fat

I am not that fat and I do not eat anywhere near that much. I eat probably 2500 on days I exercise at max.

Profileid
11-20-2018, 01:43 AM
so you eat more on days you "exercise" for some reason

Dragoon
11-20-2018, 01:44 AM
You can use a mixer/juicer for fruits/vegys. Mix a bunch of them and drink.
If you reduce your sugar, things like that or water start to taste more normal.

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 01:48 AM
so you eat more on days you "exercise" for some reason

I can't eat near close to 4,000 calories. I would be sick. I have gone as high as 2800 calories and on those days I feel terrible. I don't know why I am so fat. Poor genetics, I reckon.

Joso
11-20-2018, 01:51 AM
Try washing it down with some syrupy sweet tea.

Darling you and me

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-20-2018, 01:55 AM
I force myself to eat fruits and vegetables. It's awful. Why does it taste so bad I will never develop a taste for it I guess. I don't put butter on it. Cookies, cakes, pies, and candy bars taste oh so much better!

Fruits are nature's candy. Apples, peaches, and pears are yummy for the tummy.

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 01:58 AM
Fruits are nature's candy. Apples, peaches, and pears are yummy for the tummy.

Actually I like Fruits! But they are sugars, so my nutritionist says I should treat them like candy and eat them only in moderation. I am supposed to fill up on vegetables. The only vegetable I really like are potatoes.

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-20-2018, 01:58 AM
You can use a mixer/juicer for fruits/vegys. Mix a bunch of them and drink.
If you reduce your sugar, things like that or water start to taste more normal.

Cold water has an amazing taste. I'm trying to get over my Snapple peach addiction but other than that I always drink cold water and it's bliss.

Joso
11-20-2018, 01:59 AM
Healthy food is actually not that healthy.
While só called "unhealthy" foods like Hamburguer have no poison or conservants, só i até hamburguers every day at the lunch

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-20-2018, 02:00 AM
Actually I like Fruits! But they are sugars, so my nutritionist says I should treat them like candy and eat them only in moderation. I am supposed to fill up on vegetables. The only vegetable I really like are potatoes.

Your nutritionist is a moron. Fruits have sugar but it's practically nothing compared to candy. Where did he get his degree? From behind a dumpster? Don't see him again. I forbid you.

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 02:04 AM
Your nutritionist is a moron. Fruits have sugar but it's practically nothing compared to candy. Where did he get his degree? From behind a dumpster? Don't see him again. I forbid you.

It's a woman, actually. You know how they can be....

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-20-2018, 02:06 AM
It's a woman, actually. You know how they can be....

MissMischief, explain this example of female incompetence?

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 02:09 AM
I wonder why homosexuals seem to stay so lean. What is their secret?

Joso
11-20-2018, 02:09 AM
MissMischief, explain this example of female incompetence?

His niutritionist is probably Etain, note her comment on his threads, always trying to help him with his diets lol

Joso
11-20-2018, 02:05 PM
lol

Hulu
11-20-2018, 02:09 PM
I wonder why homosexuals seem to stay so lean. What is their secret?

Lots of sex

Insuperable
11-20-2018, 06:20 PM

Indeed, that nutritionist is a fucking moron. The primary reason why simple sugars per se are bad is because they cause spikes of sugar in system, spikes of insulin etc. Majority of sugar in fruit is fructose, but it also can lead to insulin resistance because it contributes to fatty liver and fatty liver leads to insulin resistance. These spikes cause hormonal inbalances and insulin resistance and insulin resistance is the primary reason why people are fat. People with insulin resistance have worse immune systems, are prone to infections, are unable to build muscle etc. Fruits have sugar, but fruits and vegetables have just a needed amount of dietary fibers and other content because of which digested fruit won't cause spikes or any issues in the body because of its sugar content and are also rich in vitamins, minerals, phenols, antioxidants, you name it. There are corn flakes and other processed so called healthy food which have 10g of dietary fibers per 100g, but as you can guess these processed fibers don't have the same effect as fibers found in unprocessed natural foods.

@OP

What De Burgh said. Don't use salt or eat salty food for a month your taste will change. Foods that you didn't find salty before you will find very salty. Similar thing is with sugar. Reduce sugar or completely throw it out and you will find everything healthy tastes better. But we all know you don't have the will power to do so.

Ylla
11-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Learn to cook, I dont know how people can stay fat,maybe youre not motivated enough?

Prinses
11-20-2018, 06:28 PM
I was also like I couldn't eat anything besides junkfood but once you get used to healthy food it actually tastes damn good especially fruit. It's like candy for me now.

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Learn to cook, I dont know how people can stay fat,maybe youre not motivated enough?

I got fat when I was a teenager and struggled with my weight ever since. I'm very motivated. But once you get fat, it's hard to get rid of it. In fact, you don't get rid of it. The fat cells just shrink.

Richmondbread
11-20-2018, 06:35 PM
Lots of sex

I guess HIV/AIDS is a good weight loss tool.

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-21-2018, 01:36 AM
A meth dealer once told me he had a customer that took meth to lose weight and he did go from fat to skinny. I also knew a dude (RIP) whose doctor wanted him to put a bit of meth in his coffee to lose weight.

You could also take Muay Thai.You get to kick stuff and lose weight. I keep injuring myself though :( (groin pull, bruised ankle, etc.)

Profiled will stop picking on you if she knows you can cripple her with one kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nllzgXWlc

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-21-2018, 01:41 AM
Except for the child prostitution Thailand is the greatest nation ever.

Mark
11-21-2018, 01:42 AM
Except for the child prostitution Thailand is the greatest nation ever.

I routinely eat Pad Thai and Panang curry chicken, so I cannot really disagree with that.

Papastratosels26
11-21-2018, 01:42 AM
Because it's healthy. Medicines have awful taste but they do good for your health. The same with the food. Simple.

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

LalaLuna
11-21-2018, 01:59 AM
It's not that healthy food tastes bad, it's that your perception of taste is warped from a highly processed diet. The chemicals that are in modern foods are designed to be addictive, our brains crave sweet because we associate it with calorie density and survival; the taste of healthy food can become more bitter. Additionally, healthy modern foods are also deprived of nutrients due to poor soil, GMOs, and being sprayed with pesticides. Thus, they probably don't taste as good as what our ancestors ate.

Daco Celtic
11-21-2018, 02:13 AM
Many people don't know how to cook veggies the right way. A lot could be learned from Asian cuisine.

Richmondbread
11-21-2018, 02:14 AM
It's not that healthy food tastes bad, it's that your perception of taste is warped from a highly processed diet. The chemicals that are in modern foods are designed to be addictive, our brains crave sweet because we associate it with calorie density and survival; the taste of healthy food can become more bitter. Additionally, healthy modern foods are also deprived of nutrients due to poor soil, GMOs, and being sprayed with pesticides. Thus, they probably don't taste as good as what our ancestors ate.

I ate a whole bunch of brussel sprouts today. I had to put butter on it, though.

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-21-2018, 02:16 AM
I ate a whole bunch of brussel sprouts today. I had to put butter on it, though.

You bastard.

LalaLuna
11-21-2018, 02:26 AM
Butter in small quantities generally isn't bad for you, it's actually a good way to help transition off bad foods.

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-21-2018, 02:40 AM
Butter in small quantities generally isn't bad for you, it's actually a good way to help transition off bad foods.

That sounds like Jew talk.

Skjaldemjøden
11-21-2018, 02:52 AM
Can't relate. I can't have dinner without vegetables and I would pick fruit over cake any day of the week.

Dick
11-21-2018, 03:10 AM
Eating organs of an animal is healthier than their meat

Richmondbread
11-21-2018, 04:23 PM
Eating organs of an animal is healthier than their meat

God made certain animals for us to eat. Tomorrow I will have fun eating my turkey dinner.

Bogdan
11-21-2018, 05:23 PM
You need to wean yourself off of processed sugars and fats, then you will get more natural tastes.

Polish phenotypes
11-25-2018, 11:25 PM

Many are naturally high protein seeking and therefore fruits do not excite them as such

TheMaestro
11-25-2018, 11:39 PM
I actually find both un-healthy and healthy food equally tasty. I eat everything that I see.

Profileid
11-26-2018, 12:19 AM
Many are naturally high protein seeking and therefore fruits do not excite them as such

Meade is naturally sugar and grease seeking

Mark
11-26-2018, 12:21 AM

You're both right!

Wrong
11-26-2018, 12:21 AM
Uncooked meat is healthy.

I eat bloody entrecote every weekend.

https://us.123rf.com/450wm/greggr/greggr1506/greggr150600319/40942679-fresh-raw-uncooked-beef-fillet-mignon-entrecote-on-board-prepared-for-cooking-on-wood-table-wtih-cut.jpg?ver=6

LalaLuna
11-26-2018, 11:48 AM

It sounds absurd if you're the kind of person to eat half a stick instead of just lightly spreading your toast :p

luc2112
12-16-2018, 11:22 PM
Uncooked meat is healthy.

I eat bloody entrecote every weekend.

https://us.123rf.com/450wm/greggr/greggr1506/greggr150600319/40942679-fresh-raw-uncooked-beef-fillet-mignon-entrecote-on-board-prepared-for-cooking-on-wood-table-wtih-cut.jpg?ver=6

Some Uruguayans eat roast beef 3 times a day and are healthy. There are many myths and radical diets, but a lot of sugar is really fattening.

luc2112
12-16-2018, 11:43 PM
Coke cola has 5 times more sugar what juice in powder. Put sodium to put more sugar...

AphroditeWorshiper
12-16-2018, 11:50 PM
I don't think so

Vegatables can be delicious with a good flavoring( put some oregano, Olive oil...)

also fruits are absoultely good taste, especially blackberries, blueberries, cherries, apples, raspberry...

Roy
03-19-2019, 09:37 PM

His sense of taste has been impaired for good.

Smaug
03-19-2019, 09:40 PM
It probably has to do to the fact that high-calorie foods were hard to come by in the time of our primitive ancestors, so whenever they got some of it, it was a priority eating it for survival reasons.

Morena
03-19-2019, 09:50 PM
I like vegetables. :D

Aldaris
03-19-2019, 10:08 PM
I don't think it does, but let me assume your premise. Evolutionary adaptation. Our ancestors did not have an abundance of resources as we do, the food which gave them the most energy (calories) was the best for them to survive, so the individuals with a preference for such foods had an evolutionary advantage. Thus, our taste buds were modified accordingly.

Roy
03-20-2019, 12:00 PM
I like vegetables. :D

There's one very popular in Poland diet of Mrs. Dąbrowska, you are only supposed to eat vegetable (with low amounts of starch) and some fruit for a couple of months. It renders you slimmer and detoxicated, but some people respond badly. Your caloric intake is very low too. And the lack of fatty acids (among them unsaturated ones) can cause negative health effects. It is not exactly tasty either as you are not supposed not to add any fat / oil and use only minimal amounts of salt in your salads and for your soups.

The yo-yo effect also happens often and problems with digesting certain foods after as well.

Roy
03-20-2019, 01:35 PM
Some Uruguayans eat roast beef 3 times a day and are healthy. There are many myths and radical diets, but a lot of sugar is really fattening.

Eating red meat is not healthy for anyone long-term, especially if it's more than once / twice during the week (small amounts). Apart from the Innuit who carry a special mutation that prevents atheriosclerosis. Bowel cancer rates are also higher among those who consume a lot of it.

The life expectancy in Uruguay places them in 69th place, so not really high.