PDA

View Full Version : Where does this half white half Indian woman pass? +classify

Borealis
11-24-2018, 05:16 AM
She claims at the beginning of this video that people "can't figure out her ethnicity". I knew right away, even though she's only half. But could others?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEA8tHLWkI

tomásx
11-24-2018, 05:31 AM
her facial structure looks a lot like her mom's but yeah she still looks hella indian. what she meant by people not being able to figure out her ethnicity is that she's probably asked if she's hispanic a lot

Joso
11-24-2018, 05:32 AM
Alpine+gracile indid, pass in India and other similar countries

Borealis
11-24-2018, 05:35 AM
her facial structure looks a lot like her mom's but yeah she still looks hella indian. what she meant by people not being able to figure out her ethnicity is that she's probably asked if she's hispanic a lot

I dont think she looks hispanic at all. But to some she might...especially people not familiar with Indians who knows.

tomásx
11-24-2018, 05:35 AM
I dont think she looks hispanic at all. But to some she might...especially people not familiar with Indians who knows.

mixed race people are often assumed to be hispanic in the us from what i've heard

Borealis
11-24-2018, 05:54 AM
mixed race people are often assumed to be hispanic in the us from what i've heard

Yeah, but I don't think she looks noticeably mixed either. To me she looks north Indian.

Joso
11-24-2018, 05:55 AM
Yeah, but I don't think she looks noticeably mixed either. To me she looks north Indian.

Yes, seh looks very indian but some latinas also looks similar to her

Zuh
11-24-2018, 06:13 AM
Yes, seh looks very indian but some latinas also looks similar to her

She looks what she is that other ethnicity can pass is probably Gypsy nothing else.

Joso
11-24-2018, 06:14 AM
She looks what she is that other ethnicity can pass is probably Gypsy nothing else.

i agree but i've seen many girls that are like her

arkas
11-24-2018, 06:15 AM
She looks more Indian overall but she would be kind of a-typical, she can kind of pass as Hispanic.

Borealis
11-24-2018, 06:20 AM
She looks more Indian overall but she would be kind of a-typical, she can kind of pass as Hispanic.

I don't know, I feel like she fits in the punjab region very well. That's what I initially thought she was when I looked at her-I didn't guess she would be half white. She actually looks kind of like my sister.

mrhawq
11-24-2018, 06:21 AM
She looks 100% Indian. Hell she could probably pass in whatever Indian state her father comes from.

This video just showed showed you how genotype and phenotype has barely any correlations.

Borealis
11-24-2018, 06:22 AM
i agree but i've seen many girls that are like her

They may have superficial similarities, that's it. I have not seen any hispanics that look like her.

Zuh
11-24-2018, 06:24 AM
She looks 100% Indian. Hell she could probably pass in whatever Indian state her father comes from.

This video just showed showed you how genotype and phenotype has barely any correlations.

Agree she don't even look half white (Euro) looks like a light skin Indian Pungabi Pakistani etc

Daco Celtic
11-24-2018, 06:25 AM
She reminds me of a lot of Latina women I've seen

mrhawq
11-24-2018, 06:26 AM
Agree she don't even look half white (Euro) looks like a light skin Indian Pungabi Pakistani etc

She's actually pretty dark by Pakistani/Indian Punjabi standards.

arkas
11-24-2018, 06:28 AM
I don't know, I feel like she fits in the punjab region very well. That's what I initially thought she was when I looked at her-I didn't guess she would be half white. She actually looks kind of like my sister.

Oddly enough, she resembles this half White and Burmese girl from Australia.

http://i.imgur.com/L3Ib9D9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LUFZiED.jpg

Borealis
11-24-2018, 06:30 AM

You don't need to have the same phenotype as someone else to resemble them, like in the example you gave, but it really helps. I haven't seen any Latinas who look like her.

Borealis
11-24-2018, 06:34 AM

Eh, I don't know. Her dad looks south/central Indian while she looks pretty northwest Indian IMO. I think her European mix is responsible for that.

mrhawq
11-24-2018, 06:37 AM
Eh, I don't know. Her dad look south/central Indian while she looks pretty northwest Indian IMO. I think her European mix is responsible for that.

Her features are very gracile, her skin tone is particular not fair, I'd say skin tone is more equivalent to Deepika Padukone - who is not North Indian at all.

arkas
11-24-2018, 06:37 AM
You don't need to have the same phenotype as someone else to resemble them, like in the example you gave, but it really helps. I haven't seen any Latinas who look like her.

True but how would you classify them?

Borealis
11-24-2018, 06:43 AM
Her features are very gracile, her skin tone is particular not fair, I'd say skin tone is more equivalent to Deepika Padukone - who is not North Indian at all.

Not all people from the northwest subcontinent are fair. It's her nose I guess, that kind of chiseled sharp nose I've seen mainly in people from the northwest.

Borealis
11-24-2018, 06:47 AM
True but how would you classify them?

The woman I posted is gracile Indid+something else maybe, I dont know about the burmese one.

arkas
11-24-2018, 06:49 AM
The woman I posted is gracile Indid+something else maybe, I dont know about the burmese one.

Agreed, not sure what the something else is but she looks mostly Gracile Indid overall

lameduck
11-24-2018, 06:52 AM

no lol , I can talk about Pakistan and there are many Pak Punjabis much darker than her (many can be lighter than her as well) but she still falls in average/median range , nothing dark about her for Punjab.

mrhawq
11-24-2018, 06:56 AM
no lol , I can talk about Pakistan and there are many Pak Punjabis much darker than her (many can be lighter than her as well) but she still falls in average/median range , nothing dark about her for Punjab.

I mentioned "standards"; in general I'd like to think the punjabi standards for skin tone among mid caste to high caste punjabis are higher.

Kamal900
11-24-2018, 07:10 AM
Nothing White about her look, lol.

Thambi
11-24-2018, 07:37 AM
people in the comments section were saying she looks more like her mom with a tan. So she looks white with an indian skin tone according to them? Idk to me she just looks latina honestly, her nose is too atypical for an indian but she could still superficially pass all throughout india as an indian with no one giving her second looks.

In the south they might see her as an anglo indian or northwest indian.

Gracile Indid + med.

Borealis
11-24-2018, 07:42 AM
people in the comments section were saying she looks more like her mom with a tan. So she looks white with an indian skin tone according to them? Idk to me she just looks latina honestly, her nose is too atypical for an indian but she could still superficially pass all throughout india as an indian with no one giving her second looks.

In the south they might see her as an anglo indian.

Gracile Indid + med.

Thanks, I was waiting for your input. I don't see the Latin and I also think the nose might fit among the more Caucasoid/NW shifted indians. Where does she fit best in the subcontinent, in your opinion?

aherne
11-24-2018, 07:50 AM
Looks NW Indian, high caste. Passes in Nepal, too! Doesn't pass as Gypsy... I'd guess her as Punjabi or Pahari

Thambi
11-24-2018, 07:53 AM
Thanks, I was waiting for your input. I don't see the Latin and I also think the nose might fit among the more Caucasoid/NW shifted indians. Where does she fit best in the subcontinent, in your opinion?

she kinda has a hindu upper caste look where she looks indian but you can see euro shifted features in her.

Imo she fits best in haryana, rajasthan, or among UP brahmins since they look like typical indians with indian skin tone but with a lot of euro influence in facial features. I dont see her fitting in pakistan, kashmir, etc for some reason. they look more middle east/caucasus influenced so thats why perhaps. She looks more med/euro than iranic shifted.

aherne
11-24-2018, 07:54 AM

Burmese being Burmese Indian or Rohingya. Looks like tanned caucasoid

Borealis
11-24-2018, 08:28 AM
she kinda has a hindu upper caste look where she looks indian but you can see euro shifted features in her.

Imo she fits best in haryana, rajasthan, or among UP brahmins since they look like typical indians with indian skin tone but with a lot of euro influence in facial features. I dont see her fitting in pakistan, kashmir, etc for some reason. they look more middle east/caucasus influenced so thats why perhaps. She looks more med/euro than iranic shifted.

Good point. I initially thought Indian Punjabi rather than pakistani.

SexyLionMan
11-24-2018, 09:22 AM
She can pass as Indian and does pass as an atypical Latino. Plus, my friends wife who’s of Mexican, Spanish and Italian origin looks a bit similar to her.

Khamzat
11-24-2018, 09:42 AM
She’s not even light by Pakistani standards, very indian looking, her dad must be South Indian or something

Thambi
11-24-2018, 09:49 AM
She’s not even light by Pakistani standards, very indian looking, her dad must be South Indian or something

he's from delhi, but must have some UP background or something. I doubt that he's punjabi based on the video.

Borealis
11-25-2018, 07:19 AM
Bump

Nazarene
11-25-2018, 07:35 AM
She looks Northwest Indian, Punjabi. I wouldn't have guessed that she was 50% European, maybe the most I would've guessed is that she was a quarter white.

mrhawq
11-25-2018, 07:53 PM
She can pass off as Punjabi for sure, but she totally passes off best as whatever her state her father comes from.

Her and her Grandmother:

https://i.ibb.co/WkxTTLp/download.png

jammydodgers123
11-25-2018, 07:55 PM
She can pass off as Punjabi for sure, but she totally passes off best as whatever her state her father comes from.

Her and her Grandmother:

https://i.ibb.co/WkxTTLp/download.png

I dont OP looks punjabi at all.

jammydodgers123
11-25-2018, 07:55 PM

Wrong post.

mrhawq
11-25-2018, 07:57 PM

I've been saying that as well, that she does not look like a typical punjabi girl. She looks too gracile for a typical Punjabi girl. She can pass off as atypical for sure.

jammydodgers123
11-25-2018, 07:57 PM
I've been saying that as well, that she does not look like a typical punjabi girl. She looks too gracile for a typical Punjabi girl. She can pass off as atypical for sure.

She does looks punjabi, I just posted on the wrong post. I actually do think she looks punjabi.

Seth MacFarlane
11-25-2018, 08:09 PM

Nah , the stereotype and thug about them being as white as milk is a exaggerated . Many Punjabi’s and paks are lighter then other Indians but many can have a brownish skin tone too . It’s more so their features that are different then the skin tone , of course lighter skin is common in them since they are more northern but many paks and Punjabi’s are of this skin tone and darker . But I agree that she looks ambigous Indian , doesent look specifically punjabi

Khamzat
11-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Nah , the stereotype and thug about them being as white as milk is a exaggerated . Many Punjabi’s and paks are lighter then other Indians but many can have a brownish skin tone too . It’s more so their features that are different then the skin tone , of course lighter skin is common in them since they are more northern but many paks and Punjabi’s are of this skin tone and darker . But I agree that she looks ambigous Indian , doesent look specifically punjabi
I don’t think Pakistani and NW Indians are that light, it’s more that Indians are really dark and in comparison Pakis and NW Indians are light, same way African Americans would be light in South Sudan

Thambi
11-25-2018, 08:35 PM
I don’t think Pakistani and NW Indians are that light, it’s more that Indians are really dark and in comparison Pakis and NW Indians are light, same way African Americans would be light in South Sudan

speaking of skin tone this is a melanin index chart from AG. It has some errors but its interesting nonetheless. India seems to have the biggest range in skin tone. next are african americans with almost a similar range and that makes sense given that they take in all people that identify as african americans into account so they can range from quadroons to full black.

http://www.brownpundits.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/skinindia1.png

NPKTO
11-25-2018, 09:55 PM

It does have correlations, unless the mix is of two different races. For example, two White parents (provided no foreign admixture in family tree) will always end up producing White kids. It's possible for OP's kids to look White, even if she gets married to brown person, because she has recent Euro admix from her mom's side. Similarly, her kids could end up looking South Asian if she marries with White person. Mixed people often end up looking like one of their parents or fine blend of two. The op looks distinctively Indian and broadly South Asian (she carried over her father's phenotype).

NPKTO
11-25-2018, 10:09 PM
speaking of skin tone this is a melanin index chart from AG. It has some errors but its interesting nonetheless. India seems to have the biggest range in skin tone. next are african americans with almost a similar range and that makes sense given that they take in all people that identify as african americans into account so they can range from quadroons to full black.

http://www.brownpundits.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/skinindia1.png

Some Indians are getting 28, which is well in the Euro range & some are even darker than Africans. What ethnic group do you think they belong to?

Joso
11-25-2018, 10:19 PM
beautiful

Borealis
11-25-2018, 10:56 PM
beautiful

Something about her is off, I dont know what. Maybe it's just the fact that she's mixed that's putting me off. I generally am not attracted to mixed people for some reason.

Thambi
11-25-2018, 11:42 PM
Some Indians are getting 28, which is well in the Euro range & some are even darker than Africans. What ethnic group do you think they belong to?

Yeah the biggest range is interesting. The lightest ones are probably kashmiris and khatris, gujjars, etc while the darkest are most likely some tribal groups like gonds, pulliyars, etc in jharkhand, chattisgarh, kerala, tamilnadu

Bogdan
11-26-2018, 12:00 AM
Atypical Indian

Borealis
03-04-2019, 07:39 AM
bump

Joso
03-08-2019, 07:54 PM
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=85696&d=1552078439

Tenma de Pegasus
03-08-2019, 09:01 PM
She claims at the beginning of this video that people "can't figure out her ethnicity". I knew right away, even though she's only half. But could others?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEA8tHLWkI

Looks parda

Papastratosels26
03-08-2019, 09:17 PM
West Asia

Rgvgjhvv
03-08-2019, 09:19 PM
She looks Indian to me

El_Abominacion
03-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Her Indian side is very clear. Pretty girl too. Shame she works for Buzzfeed

Borealis
03-08-2019, 09:45 PM
West Asia

What crack are you smoking

Latinus
03-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Latin America.

waam
03-08-2019, 10:51 PM
Resembles my uncle in law who is Azeri. Albeit a little woggy.

Borealis
03-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Latin America.

How does this woman look latin american when i do not

Morena
03-09-2019, 02:52 AM
I don’t think she looks latin american. I think she looks like a fine featured Indian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borealis
03-09-2019, 02:53 AM
I don’t think she looks latin american. I think she looks like a fine featured Indian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks sikh

Latinus
03-09-2019, 02:57 AM
I didn't say she looks texbook Latina, but she pass easily in a country like Brazil.
Dress her with normal western clothes and she pass all over Brazil.

Borealis
03-09-2019, 03:08 AM
there may be a bias among some users, they know she's mixed and half euro so they say she passes as latin.

Latinus
03-09-2019, 03:10 AM
there may be a bias among some users, they know she's mixed and half euro so they say she passes as latin.

No bias here, and Latin America is diverse enough to her pass here.

Borealis
03-09-2019, 03:12 AM
No bias here, and Latin America is diverse enough to her pass here.

Problem is if she passes then easily 1/3rd of Indians I've seen in the US do as well. And at least 60% of Pakistanis.

Latinus
03-09-2019, 03:13 AM
Problem is if she passes then easily 1/3rd of Indians I've seen in the US do as well. And at least 60% of Pakistanis.

And????? I checked the video, pass easily as colonial parda, saying otherwise is pure insanity and anthrotardism.

Borealis
03-09-2019, 03:16 AM
And????? I checked the video, pass easily as colonial parda, saying otherwise is pure insanity and anthrotardism.

But you would deny it for most indians, who often dont look much different than her

Latinus
03-09-2019, 03:17 AM
But you would deny it for most indians, who often dont look much different than her

I don't know about others, but she would never be perceived as gringa here if she was wearing normal western clothes.

Borealis
03-09-2019, 03:21 AM
I don't know about others, but she would never be perceived as gringa here if she was wearing normal western clothes.

What indians dont pass then

Dna8
03-09-2019, 03:23 AM
She does indeed look South Asian.

aherne
03-09-2019, 03:24 PM
She looks NW Indian (she actually looks high caste Punjabi). She's very beautiful...

Compare with low caste Punjabis (Pakistani christians) where Australoid influence is omnipresent:

https://juicyecumenism.com/wp-content/uploads/PAKISTAN_-_cristiani_e_terre.jpg