PDA

View Full Version : Where the Med Phenotypes in UK and Ireland Originated From?

Joso
11-28-2018, 03:49 PM
There seens to be many people with med influenced types in UK and Ireland( atlantids, north atlantids, etc...) but from where these phenotypes orginated from?
Like from Iberia? Italy?

Tooting Carmen
11-28-2018, 03:52 PM
The theory is Ice Age settlers from the Basque Country.

Joso
11-28-2018, 03:53 PM
The theory is Ice Age settlers from the Basque Country.

Interesting, i also believe that but there is also a theory that these British meds maybe originated in Southern Iberia

Avgvstvs
11-28-2018, 04:04 PM
Interesting, i also believe that but there is also a theory that these British meds maybe originated in Southern IberiaI think the Basque theory is more believable than the Southern Iberia one.....as for Ireland there was the Spanish Armada theory which is obviously bullshit

Inviato dal mio RNE-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

CommonSense
11-28-2018, 04:39 PM
I think the Basque theory is more believable than the Southern Iberia one.....as for Ireland there was the Spanish Armada theory which is obviously bullshit

Obviously. If a handful of sailors were enough to phenotypically influence a whole nation, then they would have also left a genetic imprint. Since Irishmen are even closer genetically to Scandinavians than the English are, we can completely rule out that theory.

Arch Hades
11-28-2018, 04:51 PM
hmm, Probably from Neolithic farmers ultimately from Mesolithic Anatolia.

For about 2,000 years, from 4,500 BC to 2,500 BC near pure Neolithic farmers lived in Britian, then in the Bronze Age the Beakers came over. The near pure farmers got wiped out and near totally replaced genetically by the Beakers

But anyway, the Beakers themselves were mixed, and had a big Neolithic farmer component probably ranged from 30-40%.

So yeah, it comes from Neolithic farmers IMO. I think Brits have a slightly bigger Neolithic farmer component than other Northern Europeans.

Joso
11-28-2018, 05:07 PM
hmm, Probably from Neolithic farmers ultimately from Mesolithic Anatolia.

For about 2,000 years, from 4,500 BC to 2,500 BC near pure Neolithic farmers lived in Britian, then in the Bronze Age the Beakers came over. The near pure farmes got whipped out and near totally replaced genetically by the Beakers

But anyway, the Beakers themselves were mixed, and had a big Neolithic farmer component probably ranged from 30-40%.

So yeah, it comes from Neolithic farmers IMO. I think Brits have a slightly bigger Neolithic farmer component than other Northern Europeans.

Makes sense, thanks!

Joso
11-28-2018, 05:08 PM
Anyone elese can help?

Cristiano viejo
11-28-2018, 05:56 PM
Obviously. If a handful of sailors were enough to phenotypically influence a whole nation, then they would have also left a genetic imprint.

Dont underestimate the power of generating children that Spaniards have (or had, better said) :D

It is joke, and this theory of the Spanish Armada really is hilarious.

Avgvstvs
11-28-2018, 05:59 PM
Obviously. If a handful of sailors were enough to phenotypically influence a whole nation, then they would have also left a genetic imprint. Since Irishmen are even closer genetically to Scandinavians than the English are, we can completely rule out that theory.Mediterranean features and dark hair and eyes are native among Brits and Irish so there was no need of XVI century Spaniards[emoji13]

Joso
11-28-2018, 08:31 PM
bump

Avgvstvs
11-28-2018, 08:34 PM
bump?

Incal
11-28-2018, 09:08 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Flag_of_the_Roman_Empire.svg

Joso
02-09-2019, 08:55 PM
bump