PDA

View Full Version : Name your 5 closest nations to YOU!

Bosniensis
11-29-2018, 11:55 AM
List your top 5 Closest nations (TO YOU personally) from closest to most distant (excluding your own)
(Talking about culture, people, friendship not miles and kilometers)

The ones you like the most, those where you feel as "second home" ... so "close to you" in all aspects.

1. Serbia
2. Turkey
3. Romania
4. Bulgaria
5. Croatia

worth mention: Macedonia, but could not fit it in top 5.

Thanas Django
11-29-2018, 11:58 AM
in what way close? What are the metrics?

Bosniensis
11-29-2018, 12:00 PM
in what way close? What are the metrics?

The ones you like the most, those where you feel as "second home" ... so "close to you" in all aspects.

I'll update OP.

Helen
11-29-2018, 12:03 PM
The closest geographically

Algeria
Morocco
France
Andorra
Portugal

Enviado desde mi SM-J530F mediante Tapatalk

georgi_pav123
11-29-2018, 12:08 PM
Greece (although some Greeks on this forum hate me as a Bulgarian, to be associating with them :D)

Turkey

Italy ( Cause people IRL always say I look Italian :D)

Serbia, Balkan Nations

USA

Изпратено от моят RNE-L01 с помощта на Tapatalk

Annie999
11-29-2018, 12:20 PM
Argentina
Italy
Spain
Lebanon
France

Catarinense1998
11-29-2018, 12:22 PM
Impossible to me as brazilian make a list.

Vasconcelos
11-29-2018, 12:23 PM
The closest geographically

Algeria
Morocco
France
Portugal
Italy

Poor Andorra

Ülev
11-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Bamileke (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamileke_people)

Helen
11-29-2018, 12:36 PM
Poor AndorraFixed up [emoji106]

GreentheViper
11-29-2018, 12:36 PM
England
Mexico
Ireland
Spain
The United States

♥ Lily ♥
11-29-2018, 12:55 PM
In terms of culture and people I feel closest to;-

i./ Ireland
ii./ Australia and New Zealand
iii./ Canada
iv./ The U.S.
v./ South Africa

(I didn't state Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland as they're already included in the U.K.)

nittionia
11-29-2018, 01:16 PM
just america... i dont think id be accepted anywhere else as "one of them"

Erronkari
11-29-2018, 01:25 PM
Uruguay, Spain, Brazil, Costa Rica, France.

AlbertEM
11-29-2018, 01:26 PM
Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Serbia, Montenegro

Benyzero
11-29-2018, 01:31 PM
Italy
Austria
Croatia
Czech
Ireland
And I add Poland as a bonus to the list.

Erronkari
11-29-2018, 01:35 PM
Impossible to me as brazilian make a list.

I'll do it for you:
Portugal
Germany
Uruguay
Argentina
Italy (because of many catarinenses have at least something italian).

*Jk ;)

Kriptc06
11-29-2018, 01:37 PM
Paraguay, Argentina, Moldova, Portugal, The US.

Catarinense1998
11-29-2018, 01:43 PM
I'll do it for you:
Portugal
Germany
Uruguay
Argentina
Italy (because of many catarinenses have at least something italian).

*Jk ;)

Thanks hermano. But, a list about Brazil not make any sense. Every list will vary according to state. A gaucho state like Rio Grande is more near of Argentina and Uruguay than Portugal, Angola, France. What do do you think about Salta, Chubut, Santa Cruz, Neuquén?

Erronkari
11-29-2018, 02:38 PM
Thanks hermano. But, a list about Brazil not make any sense. Every list will vary according to state. A gaucho state like Rio Grande is more near of Argentina and Uruguay than Portugal, Angola, France. What do do you think about Salta, Chubut, Santa Cruz, Neuquén?

Yes! I agree... to be part of diverse countries is a problem to make lists like this, because they change according the region.
In the case of Arg someone from Salta would add Bolivia, someone from Neuquén, Santa Cruz or Chubut probably Chile and someone from Formosa Paraguay... that's true.

Bogdan
11-29-2018, 04:40 PM
Interesting thread.

Poland and Slovakia
Denmark and Northern Germany
United States
Russia

Prinses
11-29-2018, 04:45 PM
1. Bosnia
2. The Netherlands
3. Azerbaijan
4. Lebanon
5. Russia maybe

michal3141
11-29-2018, 05:38 PM
Russia
Belarus
Ukraine
Slovakia
Czech Republic

Morlak
11-29-2018, 07:44 PM
1. Montenegro
2. Bosnia(R.Srpska)
3. Czech Republic
4. Greece
5. Slovakia

Visage pâle
11-30-2018, 01:20 PM
List your top 5 Closest nations (TO YOU personally) from closest to most distant (excluding your own)
(Talking about culture, people, friendship not miles and kilometers)

1. Serbia
2. Turkey
3. Romania
4. Bulgaria
5. Croatia

worth mention: Macedonia, but could not fit it in top 5.

In no particular order

Spain
Ireland
Serbia
Sweden
Danemark

I hesitated to mention Poland, Italy and Greece, but i had only 5 choises.

Bosniensis
11-30-2018, 01:21 PM
In no particular order

Spain
Ireland
Serbia
Sweden
Danemark

I hesitated to mention Poland, Italy and Greece, but i had only 5 choises.

Nice :)

Thracian
11-30-2018, 01:23 PM
Bulgaria
Romania
N. Greece
Serbia
Bosnia

Autrigón
11-30-2018, 01:37 PM
Andorra
Luxembourg
Liechtenstein
Monaco
San Marino

Peterski
12-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Russia
Belarus
Ukraine
Slovakia
Czech Republic

I think Lithuania is closer to us than Russia.

Teutone
12-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Austria
Switzerland
Netherlands
Belgium
France

Lafaur
12-01-2018, 04:30 PM
States
Canada
Israel
Brazil
Cuba

michal3141
12-01-2018, 04:32 PM
I think Lithuania is closer to us than Russia.

Lithuania is not Slavic though.

Peterski
12-01-2018, 04:36 PM
Lithuania is not Slavic though.

Neither is Russia, a bunch of Ugro-Finns, Tatars and Vikings larping as Slavs.

East Germany is more Slavic probably, just check this thread:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?268158-Kreis-Oder-Spree-German-GEDmatch-results

BTW, what about Hungary?

Impaler
12-01-2018, 04:36 PM
1). Greece
2). Serbia
3). Bulgaria
4). Italy
5). Albania

michal3141
12-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Neither is Russia, a bunch of Ugro-Finns, Tatars and Vikings larping as Slavs.

East Germany is more Slavic probably, just check this thread:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?268158-Kreis-Oder-Spree-German-GEDmatch-results

BTW, what about Hungary?

Well, Russia is huge and there are many minorities but still Russian is a Slavic language and majority of Russians are Slavs.
I thought briefly about Hungary. They are not Slavs though and are not the closest genetically to me though.

Peterski
12-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Well, Russia is huge and there are many minorities but still Russian is a Slavic language and majority of Russians are Slavs.
I thought briefly about Hungary. They are not Slavs though and are not the closest genetically to me though.

We are not in Genetics subforum, though.

Culturally I would say that Lithuanians and Hungarians are closer to us than Russians.

There are also Poles who are genetically close to Lithuanians, including Suwałki-Podlasie.

aapark221
12-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Finland
Canada
Scotland
Lithuania
France

Mingle
12-01-2018, 06:54 PM
We are not in Genetics subforum, though.

Culturally I would say that Lithuanians and Hungarians are closer to us than Russians.

There are also Poles who are genetically close to Lithuanians, including Suwałki-Podlasie.

I think Germany is also culturally closer to Poland than the three East Slavic nations and even Hungary are. Or am I mistaken?

Ryujin
12-02-2018, 02:01 AM
USA
Ireland
France
Japan
Czech Republic

Chaos One
12-02-2018, 02:15 AM
1 - Japan
2 - Chile
3 - Italy
4 - Morocco
5 - Australia

LawrenceMartinez
12-02-2018, 02:29 AM
1 - Brazil
2 - Portugal
3 - Spain
4 - I don't actually feel close to any other country, maybe southern brazil because my family is from there but it is not an actual country sadly

alnortedelsur
12-04-2018, 05:31 AM
For Spain:

Portugal
Italy
Andorra
Argentina/Uruguay
Cuba

For Venezuela:

As a country in general:

Colombia
Brazil
Puerto Rico
Spain
Then, debatable between Cuba, DR, Panama, Ecuador and Costa Rica

For white/near white Venezuelans:

Spain
Italy
Portugal
White Colombians
White Brazilians

For United States (the country where I'm living):

Canada
UK
Ireland
Australia
New Zealand

Ryujin
12-04-2018, 05:41 AM
USA
Ireland
France
Japan
Czech Republic

This is based on my individual way of life but to comment on Turkey as a whole:

1 - Azerbaijan
2 - Georgia
3 - Greece
4 - Bulgaria
5 - Russia

Papastratosels26
12-06-2018, 07:12 AM
Italy, Germany, Cyprus, Spain and Portugal

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

FinalFlash
12-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Russia
France
Georgia
Ukraine
Iran

arkas
12-06-2018, 07:48 AM
For Australia:
1 New Zealand
2 UK
3 USA
4 Ireland
5 South Africa or Canada

If we were to go only by distance, countries like New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and the Soloman Islands would top the list.

Borealis
12-06-2018, 07:49 AM
1. Canada
2. UK
3. Australia
4. New Zealand
5. Germany?

Polish phenotypes
12-06-2018, 12:06 PM
According to me personally except for my own nations the list would look something like this:

1. US
2. Canada
3. Australia
4. Denmark
5. Switzerland

Satem
12-07-2018, 04:05 PM
1.Belarus
2.Slovakia
3.Hungary :love-smiley-036:
4.Latvia
5.Georgia

Marinus
12-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Excluding the UK, Spain and Brazil, where I hold citizenship;

1. USA
2. Canada
3. Australia
4. New Zealand
5. Ireland

Caveat Emptor
12-11-2018, 09:21 PM
1. Canada - for better and for worse, they are a North American country closest to us
2. Ireland - part Irish myself, strong cultural heritage in my family
3. Australia/NZ - English-speaking, chill
4. Italy - a bit Italian myself as well, love Italy, I'd feel like visiting distant cousins living there
5. UK (England/Scotland/Wales) - English speaking, culturally very distinct from the rest of anglosphere but at some level this is the founding country of all english-speaking world

ixulescu
12-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Romania's neighbors and the US

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-11-2018, 09:25 PM
usa, germany, italy, bosnia, montenegro

Tchek
12-11-2018, 09:40 PM
France first, then the UK... then long after, Netherlands, Germany, and probably either Italy or Spain.

Dandelion
12-11-2018, 09:43 PM
France first, then the UK... then long after, Netherlands, Germany, and probably either Italy or Spain.

Expected Germany before the Netherlands even, but they're close to each other anyway. How about G-D Luxembourg? They are culturally about the closest to Wallonia you can be and even about to fully legalise recreational cannabis. ;)

itilvolga
12-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Azerbaijan
Gagauzia (in Moldova)
Greece (sad but true)
Macedonia
Bosnia (especially everything about Alija)

Tauromachos
12-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Azerbaijan
Gagauzia (in Moldova)
Greece (sad but true)
Macedonia
Bosnia (especially everything about Alija)

Greece (sad but true)

Tchek
12-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Expected Germany before the Netherlands even, but they're close to each other anyway. How about G-D Luxembourg? They are culturally about the closest to Wallonia you can be and even about to fully legalise recreational cannabis. ;)

I didn't really put it in order between Germany and NL... but I feel much closer to sister city Maastricht than to Aachen for ex... there are still historical connections with Netherlands anyway...
For Luxembourg... well I didn't really consider it relevant enough but yeah, could be...

Dandelion
12-11-2018, 10:35 PM
I didn't really put it in order between Germany and NL... but I feel much closer to sister city Maastricht than to Aachen for ex... there are still historical connections with Netherlands anyway...
For Luxembourg... well I didn't really consider it relevant enough but yeah, could be...

Maastricht is such an interesting outlyer in the Netherlands. Zeelandic Flanders another such one. Very alike to Belgium. Well, very Flemish in character, even in mentality (Zeelandic Flanders that is; Limburg is actually pretty Walloon in character despite of the language ;)). Of course to Flanders Proper mainly, but there's still a connection to us on the right bank of the Scheldt. ;) The only places in the Netherlands where you hardly feel you left Belgium are Zeelandic Flanders and Limburg I suppose. Otherwise you do feel a difference in atmosphere and mentality, even if I belong to the larger whole of the Dutch culture, it's still a difference to be noticed.

But you also have that in France, being a Walloon who is culturally tied to it, but historically ended up on the 'wrong side' when they signed the Treaty of Verdun. An oversight rectified for people from the former County of Flanders, but not so much for people from Liège of (Belgian) Hainaut. But being civilised as we are, people try to make it work and we never think about this ancient history, even if it has consequences to today.
Still feels somewhat different being in France even if its Northern France compared to being in Wallonia I bet. I have it when I'm even in North Brabant.

And being culturally tied to France, yet not politically comes with its perks too. ;) Sadly, being part of Belgium is exhausting and confusing and it makes us lose some track of our sense of identity.

Anyway as for my list:

1) The Netherlands (surprise surprise);
2) Germany (especially the Rhineland);
3) UK (England);
4) G-D Luxembourg;
5) France.

Crimean
12-11-2018, 10:44 PM
1 - Ukrainians, besides Western.
2 - Belarusians.
3 - Volga Finns.
4 - Volga Turkic peoples.
5 - Ex-Soviet Jews.

Phenix
12-12-2018, 12:21 AM
None, not even my nation.

alnortedelsur
12-12-2018, 05:12 AM
For Spain:

Portugal
Italy
Andorra
Argentina/Uruguay
Cuba

For Venezuela:

As a country in general:

Colombia
Brazil
Puerto Rico
Spain
Then, debatable between Cuba, DR, Panama, Ecuador and Costa Rica

For white/near white Venezuelans:

Spain
Italy
Portugal
White Colombians
White Brazilians

For United States (the country where I'm living):

Canada
UK
Ireland
Australia
New Zealand

I misread the thread question, which is about nations closest to ME. In that case:

Spain: The country of my mom, and from where well above 50% of my ancestry comes from

Argentina: I wasn't born in there and have never been to there, but I have a lot in common with the majority of their population (those who are full or mostly Spanish/Italian) since most of my ancestry is European, and my Euro ancestry is precisely a Spanish/Italian mix, like the bulk of the Argentinean population, and I also share with that majority segment of Argentinians very similar values, and common cultural roots (Venezuelan and Argentinean cultures are not the same, but I talk from my position as white Venezuelan, who also hasn't spent all his life in Venezuela, and also lived several years in Spain). I'm sure that if I moved to Argentina I would feel like in home, and would get adapted very easily to that country, aside that I would fit in there, phenotype wise, like a glove in a hand.

Uruguay: same as Argentina

Portugal: for being very close to Spain genetically, phenotypically, historically and culturally. Aside that I'm very familiarized with them since Venezuela received a large Portuguese immigration, and I met many of them back in there.

Italy: For being the other European country I got some Ancestry from (even if much less than Spanish), for having some cultural and even genetic similarities (at least in the case of Northern and Central Italians with Spaniards) and also because I am very familiarized with them, since Venezuela also received a large Italian immigration.

PS: I would be even closer to white and castizo Colombians, white Cubans, white Puerto Ricans, or other white and castizo Venezuelans than to white Argentinians or Uruguayans, but the thread is about whole nations.

Dick
12-12-2018, 05:17 AM
1. Serbia
2. Ireland
1. Serbia
2. Ireland
1. Serbia
2. Ireland

Morticia
12-29-2018, 11:43 PM
1. America
2. Britain
3. Sweden
4. Finland
5. Germany

I like the culture(s) and they're all associated with my ancestry.

Wanderer
12-30-2018, 11:15 AM
I tried to pick just the top 5, but it was simply not possible for me. Every friend of America is important to us.

Wanderer
12-30-2018, 11:22 AM
Interesting thread.

Poland and Slovakia
Denmark and Northern Germany
United States
Russia

I almost thumbed your post up for mentioning America, but you're an American... :disapproving

Marco94
12-30-2018, 11:23 AM
1. Uruguay
2. Italy
3. Spain
4. Brazil
5. US

Dna8
12-30-2018, 11:31 AM
Closest to Serbs would be other ex-Yugos.

But I'd also note that Serbians and Romanians have an abiding friendship.

If I'm not mistake, Romanians have a saying something like: 'Romania has two friends. Serbia and the Black Sea.'

I believe the saying refers to the fact that Serbia has never been an aggressor to Romania, and vice-versa.

Finnish Swede
12-30-2018, 11:40 AM
I guess the idea was not to list the country your are actually living in?
Even if you would belong the minority group there?

As being so:

1. Sweden
2. Norway
3. Denmark
4. Iceland
5. Estonia

Kaspias
12-30-2018, 11:43 AM
My homeland is Western Thrace.

1. Turkey --> I speak Turkish, i identify myself as Turk. One of my parents belong this ethnicity. I'm getting education in Turkey for 4 years.
2. Bulgaria --> I speak Pomak, i identify myself as Pomak. One of my parents belong this ethnicity. I haven't lived here.
3. Greece --> I born here, i have lived here.
4. Macedonia --> I lived 7 months in Skopje. There are peace in this country. Unlike other Balkan countries.
5. Germany --> Ich versuche Deutsch zu lernen. Ich mag dieses Land einfach. Es gibt keinen anderen Grund.

El_Abominacion
12-30-2018, 11:46 AM
1. UK
2. Spain
3. Mauritius
4. France
5. I don't know

Qamari
12-30-2018, 11:52 AM
Excluding countries where I got ancestors from, those would be my favourite ones. I love so much things in their cultures, traditions, mentalities, landscapes, even the ugly USSR buildings :D :

1) Kyrgyzstan
2) Russia
3) Kazakhstan
4) Uzbekistan
5) Mongolia

To a lesser extent and for some reasons I like USA, Cambodia and Bulgaria but I wouldn't live there.

Among the countries which I own known ancestors from, my favourite ranking would be:

1) France
2) Italia
3) Sudan
4) Ireland
5) Morocco
6) Finland
7) Spain (I'm Iberian but I have known or met so many motherfuckers from Spain or in Spain lol, it affected my point of view)
8) Romania
9) China

lonewolfcypriot
12-30-2018, 12:01 PM
1. France
2.Belgium
3.Holland
4.Germany
5.Ireland

Bornoz
12-30-2018, 12:04 PM
1-Greece