PDA

View Full Version : Aren't Central Europeans phenotype-wise closer to Southern Europeans than they are to Northern Europ

cyberlorian
11-29-2018, 11:05 PM
Aren't Central Europeans phenotype-wise closer to Southern Europeans (excluding Iberian Peninsula) than they are to Northern Europeans? Central Europeans are mostly Alpinid or Dinarid. These two types are more common in Southern Europe (excluding Iberian Peninsula) than they are in Northern Europe. What do you think?

Tooting Carmen
11-29-2018, 11:21 PM
No, Central Europeans look a lot more Germanic or Slavic than Mediterranean.

Aspirin
11-29-2018, 11:24 PM
They are mix of both, but in different proportions. Alpinid is considered an Central European phenotype, and it's very common between Central Europeans.

alnortedelsur
11-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Aren't Central Europeans phenotype-wise closer to Southern Europeans (excluding Iberian Peninsula) than they are to Northern Europeans? Central Europeans are mostly Alpinid or Dinarid. These two types are more common in Southern Europe (excluding Iberian Peninsula) than they are in Northern Europe. What do you think?

Alpine and Alpine-like combinations with other phenotypes are not uncommon in Iberia, lol

I opened a thread about my Spanish mom earlier and most posters classified her as Atlanto-Alpine. And she doesn't look foreign for Spain.

Smeagol
11-29-2018, 11:34 PM
Central Europeans are mostly Alpinid or Dinarid.

No they aren't.

Septentrion
09-11-2021, 04:41 PM

I’ll say they are intermediates.