PDA

View Full Version : Armenia and azerbaijan conflict

Babak
12-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Whats going to happen to Karabakh? It seems like this issue is going to last for another century.

https://www.aysor.am/en/news/2018/12/01/iskander-armenia-yevseev/1498430

The creation of direct communication between the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan will not promote the reduction of tension in the Nagorno Karabakh territory, CIS Institute deputy director Vladimir Yevseev said at the Lazarev Club session that continued its works today.

“The issue that the direct communication established between the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan will promote reduction of tension in Nagorno Karabakh territory is currently being discussed in Armenia. I think it will not be so,” he said.

He stressed that only Armenian-Russian close military-political cooperation is the guarantor of Karabakh’s security.

“This is the circumstance that does not allow Azerbaijan and Turkey to carry out military actions in Karabakh and Armenia,” he noted.

The expert said that the situation in the Nagorno Karabakh territory is not favorable for either Artsakh or Armenian armies as Azerbaijani Armed Forces have privileges regarding the quality of ammunitions.

“It has been possible to liquidate this privilege by supplying contemporary weaponry to Armenia. Acquisition of Iskander gave Armenia an opportunity to state about possibility of response attack to Baku which became a restrictive circumstance for Azerbaijan,” he said.

The expert said that not only the quantity is important but the quality as well. He stressed that Azerbaijan is trying to acquire high-quality weaponry.

“If Azerbaijan succeeds in registering quality privilege over Armenia it may result in growth of escalation level. I want to stress that any changes of border in such case may result not only in loss of security zone but the whole territory of Nagorno Karabakh. Each discussions over border change and over handing any territory will allow Azerbaijan to undertake operation over invasion of the whole Karabakh,” he said.

He also said that Baku does not have any weapon equivalent to Iskander but it will continue searching for partners to acquire such kind of weapon.

FinalFlash
12-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Artsakh was, is, and will always be Armenia.

Turkminator
12-01-2018, 08:22 PM
The problem will soon come to an end when the 40 million Turks from Iran join Azerbaijan and expand the southeastern flank of Turkey for the new geopolitical concept.

Babak
12-01-2018, 08:23 PM
The problem will soon come to an end when the 40 million Turks from Iran join Azerbaijan and expand the southeastern flank of Turkey for the new geopolitical concept.Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Armenian Bishop
12-07-2018, 07:35 AM
Russia drops deal to supply Azerbaijan SSC-6 'Sennight' coastal missile system

YEREVAN, DECEBER 5 [2018] ARMENPRESS. The Russian military has changed its mind on supplying Azerbaijan the SSC-6 'Sennight' coastal missile system, a version of the Kh-35 turbojet subsonic cruise anti-ship missile, according to Kommersant newspaper.

According to the newspaper, Russian military officials found that even the export variant of the missile system might pose a potential threat for their own navy vessels in the Caspian sea that are on-duty in Russian territorial waters.
A source familiar with the matter told Kommersant that Russia and Azerbaijan had initialed the deal on a small batch of the systems and a few dozen missiles, however the agreement was never signed.

Kommersant reported that the topic isn’t discussed yet because “a very delicate geopolitical nuance exists”. In recent years, the X-35 missile warhead’s guidance system has been modified to strike also land targets. “We wouldn’t want this weapon to be used in the Nagorno Karabakh conflict,” the source told Kommersant.

https://armenpress.am/eng/news/956920.html

Albobalboa
12-07-2018, 07:44 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagorno-Karabakh_conflict

I had forgotten how real this conflict is. The borders of Armenia look like absolute shit atm, would look significantly better of they got that piece they control from Azerbaijan.

Long term it kinda feels like Armenians are fucked though. Obviously the west and Russia wouldn't want to see Armenia lose, as they gain from divide and prosper tactics, but if they get preoccupied and Azerbaijan gets enough resource advantages it's over.

If it wasn't for the Kardashians having ruined a whole generation of women I could've had a lot more sympathy for Armenians. SMFH.

FinalFlash
12-07-2018, 07:54 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagorno-Karabakh_conflict

I had forgotten how real this conflict is. The borders of Armenia look like absolute shit atm, would look significantly better of they got that piece they control from Azerbaijan.

Long term it kinda feels like Armenians are fucked though. Obviously the west and Russia wouldn't want to see Armenia lose, as they gain from divide and prosper tactics, but if they get preoccupied and Azerbaijan gets enough resource advantages it's over.

If it wasn't for the Kardashians having ruined a whole generation of women I could've had a lot more sympathy for Armenians. SMFH.

Every bit of that highlighted land is firmly under Armenian control. And what do those mongrels have to do with Armenians? Come on now...

Albobalboa
12-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Every bit of that highlighted land is firmly under Armenian control. And what do those mongrels have to do with Armenians? Come on now...

Yeah but the problem is in this case that "legally" (fuck the law) it's under Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan is quite a bit larger, so I'd assume over time the power gap would increase or change in favor of the Azerbaijanis.

They represent Armenia hard as fuck and it's tragic, because for someone like me that's the first thing that comes to mind of Armenia now after SOAD. But that's just my ignorance.

StonyArabia
12-07-2018, 08:16 AM
West Asian conflict, so I don't care to be honest. I hope Azeris will not drag us to their war not in our interest. To much Arab blood has been shed for ungrateful cretins. Armenia never really bothered us.

Kamal900
12-07-2018, 08:40 AM
West Asian conflict, so I don't care to be honest. I hope Azeris will not drag us to their war not in our interest. To much Arab blood has been shed for ungrateful cretins. Armenia never really bothered us.

I would fight for Armenia, lol.

Kamal900
12-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Artsakh was, is, and will always be Armenia.

Since ancient times, yes. Greets from your Arab bros in the Levant.

FinalFlash
12-07-2018, 08:44 AM

Azeris dragged Chechens and Afghan Mujadins into this conflict under the premise of some fake religious "jihad" but once they figured them out for the phonies that they were...well the rest is history.

FinalFlash
12-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Since ancient times, yes. Greets from your Arab bros in the Levant.

Greetings my habibi!

Albobalboa
12-07-2018, 08:46 AM

No serious military would allow you to join.

Armenian Bishop
12-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Yeah but the problem is in this case that "legally" (fuck the law) it's under Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan is quite a bit larger, so I'd assume over time the power gap would increase or change in favor of the Azerbaijanis.

They represent Armenia hard as fuck and it's tragic, because for someone like me that's the first thing that comes to mind of Armenia now after SOAD. But that's just my ignorance.

The legal framework isn't served well by the negotiating powers, and Armenia hasn't examined its legal assets well, in regards to Karabakh (also known as Artzakh). Armenia has promoted the right of "self-determination" for Armenia'a Karabakh Stronghold; on the other hand, Azerbaijan has fraudulently advocated that its "territorial integrity" has been violated, but the reality is that Armenia's "territorial integrity" was violated when the Bolsheviks and USSR gifted Karabakh and Nakhichevan to Azerbaijan.

With Azerbaijan's petrol-oil wealth, and Turkey's NATO influence, Armenia has only achieved limited success in it's negotiations for a breakaway Karabakh Homeland. But, don't underestimate Armenia or its Karabakh Stronghold, because Azerbaijan's endeavors have all crumbled into dust, whether in the context of military endeavors or diplomatic negotiations.

In regards to the Kardashians, it's good that you acknowledge that your own ignorance has allowed that elephant into the room. In that regard, you show some humility, which is a good thing. Of course, Armenian heritage is richly endowed with thousands of years of creative and artistic achievements, which are given a lofty place of honor. The very ground of Karabakh is dotted with cultural heritage landmarks that give proof of an Armenian presence there for at least two thousand years.

FinalFlash

They've literally turned down thousands of Armenian volunteers from overseas when the April war of 2016 broke out.

Kamal900
No serious military would allow you to join.

Because of my weight?

FinalFlash
12-07-2018, 08:49 AM
The legal framework isn't served well by the negotiating powers, and Armenia hasn't examined its legal assets well, in regards to Karabakh (also known as Artzakh). Armenia has promoted the right of "self-determination" for Armenia'a Karabakh Stronghold; on the other hand, Azerbaijan has fraudulently advocated that its territorial integrity has been violated, but the reality is that Armenia's territorial integrity was violated when the Bolsheviks and USSR gifted Karabakh and Nakhichevan to Azerbaijan.

With Azerbaijan's petrol-oil wealth, and Turkey's NATO influence, Armenia has only achieved limited success in it's negotiations for a breakaway Karabakh Homeland. But, don't underestimate Armenia or its Karabakh Stronghold, because Azerbaijan's endeavors have all crumbled into dust, whether in the context of military endeavors or diplomatic negotiations.

In regards to the Kardashians, it's good that you acknowledge that your own ignorance has allowed that elephant into the room. In that regard, you show some humility, which is a good thing. Of course, Armenia heritage is richly endowed with thousands of years of creative and artistic achievements, which are given a lofty place of honor. The very ground of Karabakh is dotted with cultural heritage landmarks that give proof of an Armenian presence there for at least two thousand years.

My friend, its Artsakh, erroneously referred to as karabakh

StonyArabia
12-07-2018, 08:50 AM

Lol. I just say no more young Arab blood shed in wars. I hope Arabs learn that no one appreciates their fight and efforts like in Balkans, Chechnya or Afghanistan. Of course these people were sadly brainwashed and spilled their blood for ungrateful cretins. If it's not our war we should not go or send our sons in their prime to fight and they get ungrateful results. Thankfully many Arabs are waking up to this even in Saudi and gulf. We have no business to be in wars that are not in our interest which are determental for us if we get involved in them. If Azeris try to play the pan-Islamist card I hope we give them the finger.

Albobalboa
12-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Because of my weight?

Because of your personality?

Hit the gym bro, not only could Armenia call for you in the future, but so could your homeland.

Armenian Bishop
12-07-2018, 08:57 AM
My friend, its Artsakh, erroneously referred to as karabakh

That's True, and I'm aware of the Name: Yes, it's Artzakh, not Karabakh, but the misnomer is well established and gives us a common understanding. The same thing happened to the American Revolution battlefield name of Bunker Hill, because the Battle of Bunker Hill was fought on Breed's Hill. Because of the misnomer, we now call it Bunker Hill, despite that historians know that the battle was fought elsewhere.

Albobalboa
12-07-2018, 08:59 AM
The legal framework isn't served well by the negotiating powers, and Armenia hasn't examined its legal assets well, in regards to Karabakh (also known as Artzakh). Armenia has promoted the right of "self-determination" for Armenia'a Karabakh Stronghold; on the other hand, Azerbaijan has fraudulently advocated that its "territorial integrity" has been violated, but the reality is that Armenia's "territorial integrity" was violated when the Bolsheviks and USSR gifted Karabakh and Nakhichevan to Azerbaijan.

In regards to the Kardashians, it's good that you acknowledge that your own ignorance has allowed that elephant into the room. In that regard, you show some humility, which is a good thing. Of course, Armenian heritage is richly endowed with thousands of years of creative and artistic achievements, which are given a lofty place of honor. The very ground of Karabakh is dotted with cultural heritage landmarks that give proof of an Armenian presence there for at least two thousand years.

Right now it's not so sure if Kosovo will ever be fully independent in the sense that it is globally recognized through the UN. nut if the negotitations succeed (Albo perspective), then it could open doors for Karabakh I believe. I don't think anyone can morally justify why it should be a part of Azerbaijan, it's just geopolitical games with human lives and borders that ended up screwing the Armenians.

I don't underestimate Armenia, but you definitely have an up-hill struggle ahead that seems to get steeper as time goes by. You've survived against the odds there, but it could get worse. At least attacks from outside countries are unlikely as Iran/Russia would likely get involved.

lonewolfcypriot
12-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Can't we all jus get along?
:Hug00001:

FinalFlash
12-07-2018, 09:08 AM
That's True, and I'm aware of the Name: Yes, it's Artzakh, not Karabakh, but the misnomer is well established and gives us a common understanding. The same thing happened to the American Revolution battlefield name of Bunker Hill, because the Battle of Bunker Hill was fought on Breed's Hill. Because of the misnomer, we now call it Bunker Hill, despite that historians know that the battle was fought elsewhere.

Though that may be true, what good is it to keep up the sharade? Personally, I'm glad the Artsakh government officially changed their name to 'mountainous republic of Artsakh'. Itll take time to catch on but at least they got it rolling.

Armenian Bishop
12-07-2018, 09:09 AM
Right now it's not so sure if Kosovo will ever be fully independent in the sense that it is globally recognized through the UN. nut if the negotitations succeed (Albo perspective), then it could open doors for Karabakh I believe. I don't think anyone can morally justify why it should be a part of Azerbaijan, it's just geopolitical games with human lives and borders that ended up screwing the Armenians.

I don't underestimate Armenia, but you definitely have an up-hill struggle ahead that seems to get steeper as time goes by. You've survived against the odds there, but it could get worse. At least attacks from outside countries are unlikely as Iran/Russia would likely get involved.

I'm glad you mentioned Kosovo, because the circumstances of both enclaves bear some similarities, but they're by no means the same. A big difference is that the Western Powers have largely promoted and supported an independent Kosovo, while Artzakh (aka Karabakh) has been out on a limb, lamely supported and endorsed by Russia.

Armenian Bishop
12-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Though that may be true, what good is it to keep up the sharade? Personally, I'm glad the Artsakh government officially changed their name to 'mountainous republic of Artsakh'. Itll take time to catch on but at least they got it rolling.

It's definitely a good thing and right that Armenia's Stronghold is called Artzakh, but the name hasn't gotten enough traction worldwide to give it universal usage. By the same measure, the Germans call their homeland Deutschland, despite that we call it Germany in the English Language. So, that kind of thing can happen when we're dealing with semantics.

Albobalboa
12-07-2018, 09:17 AM
I'm glad you mentioned Kosovo, because the circumstances of both enclaves bear some similarities, but they're by no means the same. A big difference is that the Western Powers have largely promoted and supported an independent Kosovo, while Artzakh (aka Karabakh) has been out on a limb, lamely supported and endorsed by Russia and the USA, both of whom have played both sides of the fence.

Yeah they're different, and I'm not saying you need to agree on Kosovo. My point is that if Kosovo was to achieve full independence, it would set a precedent which Artzakh could use to gain some diplomatic clout and make a legal case. Of course the "sponsors" are critical, and if you get support from the US you lose it from Russia etc. A tricky game, especially in the geographic position you're in.

FinalFlash
12-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Yeah they're different, and I'm not saying you need to agree on Kosovo. My point is that if Kosovo was to achieve full independence, it would set a precedent which Artzakh could use to gain some diplomatic clout and make a legal case. Of course the "sponsors" are critical, and if you get support from the US you lose it from Russia etc. A tricky game, especially in the geographic position you're in.

Sadly, we are in no position to dictate our fate, not for now at least. For what worit's worth, Russia is still our main ally, guarantor of the safety of the republic of Armenia and our access to military hardware. It'd be suicidal to give them the finger. This new government isn't helping matters either with their constant flirting with the west.