PDA

View Full Version : A Question/Comment on Football

iNird
05-04-2011, 01:15 AM
I've noticed the sports section has little topics on football (soccer.) One would figure a board with a high amount of European posters would have much more discussions on the most popular sport in the world, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Are the lack of topics due to the increase of Africans and other non-whites in football? France has a majority black team, England has a mixed team, Germany has a few non-European starting for their team and Italy's most renowned player is black (Balotelli.)

What are your thoughts on non-Europeans representing national teams?

Wyn
05-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Talking about football would seriously eat into our guess these 3 actresses and is Kate Middleton Jewish type discussions.

Sturmgewehr
05-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I think outsiders should also be allowed to represent one's national team but that has to be controlled, not more than 3 - 4 foreigners in your team and then we gonna see how good your team is.

01srainey
09-19-2011, 09:10 AM
I have no problems with even European born players playing for a different nation never mind non-Europeans.

Sure look at the Irish National team, over the past 15 years we've had numerous English born (and pretty much just English in general) players put on the green jersey. We've had: Clinton Morrison, Kevin Kilbane (who has 110 caps), Sean St Ledger. etc

Germany too have adopted the policy of playing non-German born players: Cacau, Klose, Podloski etc. France would perhaps be the best example. They won the World Cup back in 1998 with players who have roots from various nations. Zidane is of Algerian descent, Vieira was born in Senegal, Karembeau was born in New Caledonia.

Even if we go back 50 years players adopted the nation of their club. Di Stefano played for Spain during his time at Madrid as well as playing for Argentina and Columbia!

Pretty much, I feel some nations can't afford to just look at players born in their country.

Tony
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I despise them, regardless how much good they are or wether they're born here, I'd love all soccer clubs and national teams followed the Athletic Bilbao policy of recruiting only blood-based native guys (even if they recently somewhat relaxed this policy...), think of France, c'mon, it's so ridicolous...

Don
09-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Are the lack of topics due to the increase of Africans and other non-whites in football? France has a majority black team, England has a mixed team, Germany has a few non-European starting for their team and Italy's most renowned player is black (Balotelli.)

And these multiracial teams have proven to be inferior teams.

There is a current World Champion...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nsuMx_kmF8Q/TL6WCq4Q2tI/AAAAAAAAABU/2f_E1k6u3yc/s1600/Campeones+del+Mundo+2_0.preview.jpg
A pure spaniard team...

Quite enlighting... a racial pride and exception, a true representative team,in the middle of that multiracial and pathetic environment.

Will the other teams follow the exemple of the Alphas?

Ah, by the way yesterday we ruled in other important sport in this planet...
http://deporteolimpico.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/baloncesto-masculino.jpg
And racially inquestionable... not like most of the losers.

Multiculti and multiracial world seems not to work in the most important competitions in this planet. And the alphas of Europe, the builders of the greater empire ever, the greater defenders of Europe and its culture by the sword and the cojones in all the battlefields possible, seem to continue ruling in the matter of competitions in the planet.

Damiăo de Góis
09-19-2011, 10:21 PM

I'm totally against it. Ideally it should be only ethnic portuguese but being realistic and looking at our globalized world i would lower the bar at allowing only players born in Portugal. We don't even have that in our team...

Osweo
09-19-2011, 10:32 PM
I hate football. All my life I have watched my father pay ever increasingly high sums of money to ever richer and more foreign club-owners to watch teams of ever more foreign players play an ever more dishonest and disrespectable form of football. :tsk:

If I could write the rules, I'd have even the local clubs have strict rules about being FROM the town in question, never mind the national teams. :.... Obviously, Arab Sheikhs and Russian-Jewish Oligarchs can go fuck themselves, too.