PDA

View Full Version : Classify gilgit baltistani students from this video, where do they pass, which ethnicities the most

jammydodgers123
12-04-2018, 10:51 PM
I found this video on gilgit baltistani and realised that people from north Pakistan (certain ethnicities) look more mena then I originally expected. Where do you think these students pass best (iran, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Azerbaijan, Caucasus, India, Tajikistan highest to lowest)

https://youtu.be/1tWzjZLf81g

jammydodgers123
12-04-2018, 10:54 PM
Bumpppp

Khamzat
12-04-2018, 10:58 PM
They pass in KPK, Gilgit, AJK, Northern Punjab and Eastern Afghanistan, they don’t look MENA.

Chaos One
12-04-2018, 11:00 PM
Afghanistan and Tajikistan mostly, although most of them lack the East Asian that Tajiks usually have in low amounts.

jammydodgers123
12-04-2018, 11:15 PM
They pass in KPK, Gilgit, AJK, Northern Punjab and Eastern Afghanistan, they don’t look MENA.

I'm not saying they look mena perse but I do believe they comfortably pass. In fact a good percentage of those people I would have mistaken as my own.

jammydodgers123
12-04-2018, 11:16 PM
Afghanistan and Tajikistan mostly, although most of them lack the East Asian that Tajiks usually have in low amounts.

So you think Afghanistan? Do you think they can pass in any mena states (I think they pass in iran)

Khamzat
12-04-2018, 11:18 PM
I'm not saying they look mena perse but I do believe they comfortably pass. In fact a good percentage of those people I would have mistaken as my own.
It’s impossible for Pakistanis to be mistaken for Persian, we’re two completely different people with no similarity in looks, the exceptions being Pashtuns and Baloch.

jammydodgers123
12-04-2018, 11:23 PM
It’s impossible for Pakistanis to be mistaken for Persian, we’re two completely different people with no similarity in looks, the exceptions being Pashtuns and Baloch.

Why do I (and a vast majority of my persian friends )get mistaken for paki a lot then lol. Anyways i dont think these people i posted look like typical Pakistanis, I think they pass as mena much more than other ethnicities (Punjab kashmiris, and other Indic races of pakistan). Furthermore, I have personally seen a few Pakistanis irl that I have mistaken for some mena ethnic background of some sort. I don't know why it would be virtually impossible. It's not the difference between white and black.

Khamzat
12-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Why do I (and a vast majority of my persian friends )get mistaken for paki a lot then lol. Anyways i dont think these people i posted look like typical Pakistanis, I think they pass as mena much more than other ethnicities (Punjab kashmiris, and other Indic races of pakistan)
You and your friends get mistaken for Pakistani because most people are ignorant on how we look like, I’ve had a Russian guy tell me I look very Bengali before, does that mean I look Bengali?

jammydodgers123
12-04-2018, 11:32 PM
You and your friends get mistaken for Pakistani because most people are ignorant on how we look like, I’ve had a Russian guy tell me I look very Bengali before, does that mean I look Bengali?

Yeah maybe so. But that was just my opinion. I dont think there is any impossibility in clarifying similarities between 2 phenotypes.

PakDude
12-05-2018, 03:56 AM
^I agree with both of you. I don't think these Pakistanis look typically MENA, they look like what they are-North Pakis. However, some of them can probably pass in a few MENA countries. Also, it's not impossible for Persians to be mistaken as Pakistani or vice versa. There's a difference but it's not as big as the difference between a Nigerian and a Korean.