PDA

View Full Version : Are South Slavs Slavic or Haemusan?

poiuytrewq0987
05-05-2011, 07:05 AM
I do not truly believe South Slavs are Slavic at all since there is a sprachbund that binds us "Slavs" (former Yugoslavia and Bulgaria) and non-Slavs (Hellenes, Albanians and Romanians) together with origins of this such union predating the Slavic invasion of Haemus.

The term "Balkan linguistic union" was coined by the Romanian linguist Alexandru Rosetti in 1958, when he claimed that the shared features conferred the Balkan languages a special similarity. Theodor Capidan went further, claiming that the structure of Balkan languages could be reduced to a standard language. Many of the earliest reports on this theory were in German, hence the term "Balkansprachbund" is often used as well.
Going by this, there is evidence proving Haemus peoples are much closer than we thought and farther from West/East Slavs. The whole South Slavic thing is really just Russian propaganda for their wet Pan-Slavic dreams i.e. Greater Russia I believe.

d3cimat3d
05-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Can you explain what or who are the Haemusan? First time I'm hearing this word.

d3cimat3d
05-05-2011, 07:10 AM
The whole South Slavic thing is really just Russian propaganda for their wet Pan-Slavic dreams i.e. Greater Russia I believe.

Well, both sides made propoganda during ww2, for example the Nazis managed to convince the Croatians and other Balkan people that they descend from the Goths.

Look at this Bosnian blogger, here are some of his main points:

It is well known that Goths had blond hair. There aren't any blond Slavs. How come there are so many blond individuals among Bosniacs if they are Slavs?

How come there was a University in Bosnia in 1175 and the masses were literate at the time when other Slavs lived in tribes? Again obviously due to Gothic influence.

Of course there didn't exist a native tribe from which the Bosniacs could have originated, since their ancestors are Goths, actually Ostrogottic tribe Besi.

During the third Reich, Germans considered Bosniacs to be Goths and therefore they [the Bosniacs] could be mobilized into SS-units. It is well known that these units were reserved for the purest members of the German race.

http://www.ex-yupress.com/ljiljan/ljiljan1.html

poiuytrewq0987
05-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Can you explain what or who are the Haemusan? First time I'm hearing this word.

The European name for Balkan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haemus). It's what the Balkans was called before the Turks came along and changed the name of the peninsula.

Well, both sides made propoganda during ww2, for example the Nazis managed to convince the Croatians and other Balkan people that they descend from the Goths.

I don't truly believe the Goths had significant influence on Haemusan peoples as it'd be the same clamouring significant Slavic influence.

It's possible that blond hair is preeminent in Northern regions because of foreign influence but I come from the very center of asshole on the Earth and yet I was born with blond hair (and a number of my relatives were too born with blond hair) so that theory is... well, weak. :coffee:

I believe that the Slavs only replaced our vocabulary and the name we call ourselves and that's all they did. They couldn't even change our grammar, the way we speak... string sentences together.

There's a theory going around that a lot of Slavs in Vardarska used to speak Greek but as the Byzantine Empire waned, they lost their language and spoke the language of their new rulers, the Bulgarians and Serbs.

The Journeyman
05-07-2011, 01:54 AM

How come there was a University in Bosnia in 1175 and the masses were literate at the time when other Slavs lived in tribes? Again obviously due to Gothic influence.

The indigenous balkan people were literate because they were already Christianized by the Romans/Byzantines, the invading Slavs were pagan. Nonetheless, these institutions were probably of Byzantine or Roman origin.

It is well known that Goths had blond hair. There aren't any blond Slavs. How come there are so many blond individuals among Bosniacs if they are Slavs?

I was not aware that Bosnians were so blonde. But early accounts by the Romans claim that the Slavs had light hair and were tall. So this argument is meaningless.

And to the point regarding pure lineage to Goths, why are there no Gothic place names in Bosnia, yet there are place names of major rivers were given by the indigenous inhabitants. The word Bosnia itself may have originated from an Illyrian word.

Yoyo
05-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Balcan people should be part of Greater Turkey. They used to be once.

safinator
04-15-2013, 10:16 AM
They're Slavic as their Y-DNA line demonstrates.

Kastrioti1443
04-15-2013, 10:20 AM

Albanian gheg giants were recruited in SS Skanderbeg , created by Himmler himself. Albanians do not have goth blood at all, how do you explain that??

Slavs are not blond?????? And bosniaks are so blond???? Bosniaks are in great majority brunet hair, go and visit sometimes Sarajevo.

Driven Mind
04-26-2013, 09:17 PM
I don't really get your thread title.Did you mean Haemus the King of Thrace?
If so,that is nonsense,because Slavic is a cultural/linguistic term where Haemus is simply a name.Now if you meant Thracians,that's a different story?People from Ex Yugoslavia and Bulgaria surely have the genes of the Slavs.Maybe not as much as Russians,but definitely have them.Bulgarians probably have the least though.There is an ancient connection between all Slavs,despite they split long time ago.The conclusion is that South Slavs did not just disappear,but were assimilated by the bigger Thraco-Dacians and Illyrian population.

dralos
08-26-2013, 08:02 PM
i cant blame you slaves that you dont want to be slaves its logic and normal but you have to accept that you're a bunch of slaves and untermenschen

Smeagol
08-26-2013, 08:04 PM
South ''Slavs'' are not real Slavs.

Trun
08-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Just let dralos bump moldy threads :bored:

Without South Slavs (Bulgarians in particular), there would be no Slavs today. Just ask ATAKA :D

dralos
08-26-2013, 08:09 PM
South ''Slavs'' are not real Slavs.
are they gypsys?

Smeagol
08-26-2013, 08:16 PM
are they gypsys?

No.

Pleurat
08-26-2013, 08:20 PM
For fuck's sake, who created this myth that bosniaks are '' so blonde'' ??? Especially to serbs?? It is very ridiculous.

Temujin
08-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Southern Slavs living further north in the Balkans maybe the most Slavic people among all Slavs after all.

justme
08-26-2013, 10:18 PM
South Slavs are self hating Slavs.

Chetnik Gurrrl
08-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Both

Shah-Jehan
08-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Culturally Slav, genetically native Balkanites...

Asgardsrei
10-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Genetically they are native.

Trun
10-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Genetically they are native.

Not exactly. It depends on the ethnic group the level of genetic "nativeness".

Asgardsrei
10-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Not exactly.

They are descedants of pre-slavic populations.
Even R1a in south slavs is different clade than in northern ones,and mostly native to pannonia(Hungarians have the same clade).

Starina Novak
11-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Hemsko Poluostrvo sounds better than Balkansko Poluostrvo or Balkan

I hate word Balkan...

Kalimtari
01-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Slavs are a mixture of many elements (Vlach, Slavic, Iranian, Cuman, Celtic, Germanic, Avar)

Jana
01-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Bump ! (cool title ;) )

Ades
01-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Autosomal DNA suggests that south Slavs are mostly descend from both the orinal Slavs (more similar to east and west Slavs) and the people that were there before they arrived, probably in similar proportions.

The fact that south Slavs have More I2a1 Y-DNA is likely due to a founder effect.

CommonSense
08-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Croats and Bosniaks are more Slavic, Bulgarians and Macedonians are more indigenous, while Serbs can vary depending on the region of origin.

Pribislav
08-10-2018, 02:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EoaYHtI.png