PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Middle Eastern Country?

LoLeL
12-08-2018, 10:25 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Middle_East_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg/600px-Middle_East_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg.png

Blondie
12-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Turkey & Lebanon

Pribislav
12-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Lebanon and Syria.

Satem
12-08-2018, 10:44 AM
United Arab Emirates and Lebanon.

Pribislav
12-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Since when Cyprus is Middle Eastern country?

Pribislav
12-08-2018, 10:54 AM
My cousin worked in Iraq in 1980s. He say that daily there he drank 20 liters of water.

MsSPF
12-08-2018, 10:57 AM
I love Middle East, a beautiful region with a lot of history, culture, different landscapes. Each country has its own "charm" I believe.

I've been to Jordan, Lebanon, UAE & Turkey. I loved them all, especially Lebanon & Jordan... but unfair for Turkey as I have been only to Istanbul, it's a huge country.

I'd like to see Israel/West Bank, Oman & Iran now + the rest of Turkey.

Syria & Yemen would be also in my list if the situation was not awful there. Egypt looks nice too for history & the Red Sea but I won't go alone.

TheMaestro
12-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Lebanon - Nice flag

Prinses
12-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Dont know I’ve only been to Turkey and I assume it’s the best amongst them, but I’ld like to visit Lebanon.

Papastratosels26
12-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Egypt.

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Crimean
12-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Turkey & Lebanon
Totally agree.

Ryujin
12-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Israel, Tunisia.

Turkey is a Eurasian country, not Middle Eastern. Therefore I will not vote for Turkey.

Lol at going to Istanbul and saying "I have been to the Middle East". Constantine is rolling in his grave. :lol:

MsSPF
12-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Israel, Tunisia.

Turkey is a Eurasian country, not Middle Eastern. Therefore I will not vote for Turkey.

Lol at going to Istanbul and saying "I have been to the Middle East". Constantine is rolling in his grave. :lol:

We agree on that but I guess OP meant West Asia and not really the strict term of «Middle East»
Egypt is North African but often associated with Middle East which makes sense in my opinion.
Tunisia Is 100% North African mate and not Middle Eastern at all ! I can confirm you that Tunisia is a nice country though, I liked Tunis

Teutone
12-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Iran, Syria and Lebanon.

Ryujin
12-08-2018, 11:28 AM
We agree on that but I guess OP meant West Asia and not really the strict term of «Middle East»
Egypt is North African but often associated with Middle East which makes sense in my opinion.
Tunisia Is 100% North African mate and not Middle Eastern at all ! I can confirm you that Tunisia is a nice country though, I liked Tunis

I like Tunisia because it appears to be the most secular Arab country. The influence of Sharia law is minimum, as opposed to other Arab countries. They recently adopted the equal inheritance law which is great.

I would like to see the city Sousse.

MsSPF
12-08-2018, 11:39 AM
I like Tunisia because it appears to be the most secular Arab country. The influence of Sharia law is minimum, as opposed to other Arab countries. They recently adopted the equal inheritance law which is great.

I would like to see the city Sousse.

Not really. Lebanon is the most secular Arab country, very open minded, different religious communities... Tunisians are still conservatives although they definitely come right after Lebanon (especially the recent laws they applied) but there is still a lot of work to be done. UAE is also very Westernized but there is a lot of hypocrisy (Dubai is basically a huge "whorehouse" & Shariah is applicated only to people who don't have money/power) and Emiratis in general are conservatives.
Lebanon & UAE (especially the emirate of Dubai, others are more conservatives) are the most open Arab countries in my opinion, then come Tunisia!

Sikeliot
12-08-2018, 11:41 AM
No one should even need to ask for me. Lebanon, Egypt, and Tunisia.

Ryujin
12-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Not really. Lebanon is the most secular Arab country, very open minded, different religious communities... Tunisians are still conservatives although they definitely come right after Lebanon (especially the recent laws they applied) but there is still a lot of work to be done. UAE is also very Westernized but there is a lot of hypocrisy (Dubai is basically a huge "whorehouse" & Shariah is applicated only to people who don't have money/power) and Emiratis in general are conservatives.
Lebanon & UAE (especially the emirate of Dubai, others are more conservatives) are the most open Arab countries in my opinion, then come Tunisia!

UAE is like Hong Kong, most people living there are not even locals. :lol:

Beirut was called Paris of the East before the civil war, right?

FinalFlash
12-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Palestine, Syria, UAE.

Seya
12-08-2018, 11:47 AM
I wouldn’t consider Turkey to be ME but since is on the list then i vote for Turkey and Egypt

FinalFlash
12-08-2018, 11:49 AM
I'd vote for Sicily if it was available.

Sikeliot
12-08-2018, 11:53 AM

From around 900-1200 AD, it was considered North Africa, basically an extension of Tunisia. :p

But some people would say Tunisia isn't even a ME nation.

Frankly I think Turkey should not be on the list.

MsSPF
12-08-2018, 11:55 AM
UAE is like Hong Kong, most people living there are not even locals. :lol:

Beirut was called Paris of the East before the civil war, right?

Yup, you are right, you have expats from all around the world (South Asians, Filipinos, Europeans, Americans etc) but also many expats from different Arab countries (Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Jordan, Saudis etc...) but believe me, Dubai is really something, it's the Ibiza of the Middle East, I would be really worried to know my husband would have to travel there frequently, it's a really unhealthy society (shallow people, alcoholics, nightclubs, sex centered, cheating, prostitution etc...). You need to choose your relatives carefully there!

Yes, it was. I'm going back to Lebanon in 2 weeks, love this country! It's absolutely lovely. As a Turkish guy, you'd feel at home in Lebanon I think.

FinalFlash
12-08-2018, 11:56 AM
From around 900-1200 AD, it was considered North Africa, basically an extension of Tunisia. :p

Northern Tunisian+West Lebanese. No, Tunisia isn't a ME nation. And Turkey is surely a thing of it's own.

Mr. Anybody
12-08-2018, 12:03 PM

Since IVth geologic time,called Pleistocene,the time period that spanned from 2.6 million to 11,700 years ago.

lonewolfcypriot
12-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Tunisia is in North Africa.

Ryujin
12-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Tunisia is in North Africa.

Okay okay, I'm dead, stop kicking.

I will just say Israel and Lebanon even though they are at daggers drawn with each other. :lol:

Ryujin
12-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Yup, you are right, you have expats from all around the world (South Asians, Filipinos, Europeans, Americans etc) but also many expats from different Arab countries (Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Jordan, Saudis etc...) but believe me, Dubai is really something, it's the Ibiza of the Middle East, I would be really worried to know my husband would have to travel there frequently, it's a really unhealthy society (shallow people, alcoholics, nightclubs, sex centered, cheating, prostitution etc...). You need to choose your relatives carefully there!

Yes, it was. I'm going back to Lebanon in 2 weeks, love this country! It's absolutely lovely. As a Turkish guy, you'd feel at home in Lebanon I think.

I'd not mind stopping by Lebanon if i go to Israel. I will visit my friend Philo. :D

gıulıoımpa
12-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Iran and Syria

MsSPF
12-08-2018, 12:21 PM
I'd not mind stopping by Lebanon if i go to Israel. I will visit my friend Philo. :D

Hahah no chance you cross the borders between Lebanon & Israel except if you want to be killed ;-)
Id suggest to don’t have a stamp of Israel in your passport either (but I think they give a paper now and no stamp), you’d be expelled from Lebanon straightfully :lol:
With Arab stamps on your passport to go to Israel will depend of your luck.
I have a friend who has been to Israel twice with a French passport, he is ethnic European and Christian, he has been «harassed by Israeli customs because he had a Turkish stamp (not even Arab) in his passport... it has been really complicated for him

Ryujin
12-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Hahah no chance you cross the borders between Lebanon & Israel except if you want to be killed ;-)
Id suggest to don’t have a stamp of Israel in your passport either (but I think they give a paper now and no stamp), you’d be expelled from Lebanon straightfully :lol:
I have a friend who has been to Israel twice with a French passport, he is ethnic European and Christian, he has been «harassed by Israeli customs because he had a Turkish stamp (not even Arab) in his passport... it has been really complicated for him

It is strange since i know Turks that visit Israel. For business and tourism, whatever. It just depends on what kind of jerk you come across at the passport check.

MsSPF
12-08-2018, 12:38 PM
It is strange since i know Turks that visit Israel. For business and tourism, whatever. It just depends on what kind of jerk you come across at the passport check.

Yes I think in his case it was bad luck! His nightmare even began in Paris airport (CDG), he took the Israeli airline and this was his second time in Israel, it should have been easier. To be fair, he told me that in his plane, other people had troubles including Jewish people. I guess he really met the "wrong team", they have been obnoxious to him
Nonetheless, you'd struggle more with an Arab passport or with Arab stamps in your passport when visiting Israel than without! but it's possible in general. I also know few people who traveled there in such conditions and had no problems. The most difficult place to access is the West Bank/Palestinian territories, they are more selective/exigent there

Karkurdu
12-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Where is Wadiya?

Ryujin
12-08-2018, 12:48 PM

Yes I think in his case it was bad luck! His nightmare even began in Paris airport (CDG), he took the Israeli airline and this was his second time in Israel, it should have been easier. To be fair, he told me that in his plane, other people had troubles including Jewish people. I guess he really met the "wrong team", they have been obnoxious to him
Nonetheless, you'd struggle more with an Arab passport or with Arab stamps in your passport when visiting Israel than without! but it's possible in general. I also know few people who traveled there in such conditions and had no problems. The most difficult place to access is the West Bank/Palestinian territories, they are more selective/exigent there

I am sure if you explain yourself confidently you can make it through. :)

Antimatter
12-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Lebanon is a quite nice country, with a rich culture and history.
Iran is the same as Lebanon and these two countries' peoples' are extremely hospitable as I have visited them both and I want to go again!

GreentheViper
12-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Turkey seems nice

Thambi
12-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Yemen

Kamal900
12-08-2018, 01:19 PM
UAE, Oman, Cyprus and Jordan.

Root
12-08-2018, 02:28 PM
can`t prefer one country over the other, every corner of planet Earth is amazing and fascinating itself; flora, fauna, landscape, climate, geography, history etc without the boring & ordinary political rat race created by humans..

Mingle
12-08-2018, 02:53 PM

I think Egypt is mostly associated with the Middle East because of geopolitical reasons going back to the time when it was part of the United Arab Republic. So including Egypt in the Middle East is probably something that started in the 1960's or so. Either way, I don't think Egypt should be grouped with the ME and should instead be grouped with other North African countries. Its one of the reasons I prefer the term West Asia, its less ambigious.

Mingle
12-08-2018, 02:56 PM

Tunisia is in the Maghreb not ME. Even including Egypt in the ME is stretching it.

Lafaur
12-08-2018, 03:07 PM
Me likes the cedar-worshipping country and the 'lil Jewish playground

Dandelion
12-08-2018, 03:13 PM
Culturally Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Turkey and Iran.

MinervaItalica
12-08-2018, 03:23 PM
Iran (top) plus: Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria. Mostly because their rich history.

Tunisia has always been an extension of Europe, a colony of Europeans especially Siculo-Normans, French and Italian. It's probably the whitest among the North African countries thx to these colonists.

Dandelion
12-08-2018, 03:32 PM

Israeli Arabs also have that problem. They can't enter Lebanon even if they wanted to. There's one YT'er, a Christian Arab woman, but she's banned from Lebanon. And as a normal person she has Hebrew-speaking Israeli friends.
Politics is different from people of course, though it affect most people in how they treat each other regardless.

She lives in Italy now, married to an Italian. Has a YT channel about the Arabic language.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LearnArabicwithMaha

MsSPF
12-08-2018, 03:42 PM
I think Egypt is mostly associated with the Middle East because of geopolitical reasons going back to the time when it was part of the United Arab Republic. So including Egypt in the Middle East is probably something that started in the 1960's or so. Either way, I don't think Egypt should be grouped with the ME and should instead be grouped with other North African countries. Its one of the reasons I prefer the term West Asia, its less ambigious.

No discussion, we agree on that, Egypt is indeed a North African country and not a West Asian one but it definitely share culturally & even geographically strong affinities with the Levant region & Arabian Peninsula. Middle East is, like you said, mostly a geopolitical & cultural term,a region where there are strong cultural/historical/economic bonds. I don't think it should be associated only to West Asia, the word is not related to a continent. Honestly, Egypt is way closer to SouthWest Asia culturally speaking than Maghreb so it makes sense to me, so Egypt is, in my opinion, really0 a Middle Eastern country. Maghreb is really isolated when it comes to the cultural aspects,it's a "world" in its own! Tunisia,like you have said it in another post, is defininetely not a Middle Eastern country for example

Borealis
12-08-2018, 03:45 PM
I wouldn’t consider Turkey to be ME but since is on the list then i vote for Turkey and Egypt

Why do so many people here think they can just come up with their own personal geographic definitions smh...

Dandelion
12-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Egypt is borderline Middle Eastern a bit like the Southern Caucasus is (Armenians and Azerbaijani especially; both heavily Persian-influenced, the latter even Turkic and with a large Azeri community in Iran). Somehow I would consider Egypt closer to the Middle East culturally.

Joso
12-08-2018, 04:11 PM
Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Egypt

Mingle
12-08-2018, 04:13 PM
No discussion, we agree on that, Egypt is indeed a North African country and not a West Asian one but it definitely share culturally & even geographically strong affinities with the Levant region & Arabian Peninsula. Middle East is, like you said, mostly a geopolitical & cultural term,a region where there are strong cultural/historical/economic bonds. I don't think it should be associated only to West Asia, the word is not related to a continent. Honestly, Egypt is way closer to SouthWest Asia culturally speaking than Maghreb so it makes sense to me, so Egypt is, in my opinion, really0 a Middle Eastern country. Maghreb is really isolated when it comes to the cultural aspects,it's a "world" in its own! Tunisia,like you have said it in another post, is defininetely not a Middle Eastern country for example

Egypt is closer to Asian Arab countries than to other African Arab countries, but it has almost nothing in common with non-Arab Asian countries, but instead sharing more with Sudan and Libya. Am Egyptian even told me he doesn't consider Libya part of the Maghreb before (even though it is part of the Maghreb) cause it was very similar to Egypt. But I guess if Egypt is gonna be included, I can see why the northern Middle East is sometimes considered a separate region from the southern ME.

Freeroostah
12-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Lebanon, Jordan , and Iran
I consider Cyprus as Greek thus European

Seya
12-08-2018, 04:47 PM
Why do so many people here think they can just come up with their own personal geographic definitions smh...

turkey has a small part in the balkans and the rest of it's in west asia. also culturally i don't think they qualify as middle easterners

AphroditeWorshiper
12-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Lebanon,Cyprus,Armenia and Georgia

MinervaItalica
12-08-2018, 07:03 PM

Sicily would be out of place twice. Not only because obviously has nothing to do with Middle East but especially because it isn't a country. ;)

And returning on what Sikeliot said about Sicily being an extension of Tunisia in middle ages, is completely wrong, perhaps it's the other way round. :)

The Kingdom of Africa which at the time included Tunisia was a dependency of the Kingdom of Sicily.

Borealis
12-08-2018, 07:18 PM
turkey has a small part in the balkans and the rest of it's in west asia. also culturally i don't think they qualify as middle easterners

No one ever said Middle East had to all be in West Asia. I always thought of it as the place where Africa, Asia, and Europe came together so if a tiny part is in balkans so be it.

Morlak
12-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Cyprus and Syria.

I support Syrian government in their defence against radical Islamists and American Imperialism, i also had a friend whose father was Syrian. In 2014 his father went back to Syria to help people(he was doctor) and to fight while him and his 2 sisters and mother migrated to Germany. Haven't heard anything from him since then but i hope his father is ok.

oszkar07
12-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Turkey.

oszkar07
12-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Lebanon,Cyprus,Armenia and Georgia

I like Armenia and Georgia too but not sure they fit into Middle East spectrum , even Turkey and Cyprus are probably borderline Middle East.

Valedictorian
12-08-2018, 09:40 PM
KSA, UAE, and Qatar. I would love to work there after I graduate from college. I've also always been interested in those cultures, and I would be more than willing to learn to speak MSA (modern standard Arabic) after I'm finished with the German language.

Robocop
12-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Israel, and that's it.

McCloskey
12-08-2018, 09:56 PM
Cyprus. The others are all hairy Arabs.

frankhammer
12-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Some places I'd like to see for the ancient history and landscapes but none could be called a favourite and all are alien AF.

Dandelion
12-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Some places I'd like to see for the ancient history and landscapes but none could be called a favourite and all are alien AF.

To be honest, least unfavourite is better, but some have good cuisine and ancient sites and there's good to be found everywhere. As for Iran, I certainly don't like their theocratic dictatorship, but they have a rich history nonetheless.

Not the safest country neither, especially for a woman. Westerners have a romantic image of Iran thinking Persians are more civilised than Arabs, but it's not necessarily true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnUDO1jDfnQ

I'm also sure that without Islam it'd be a better place.

Myanthropologies
12-08-2018, 10:16 PM
I see a lot of appreciation for Lebanon and Egypt, but hardly any for Iran, and that makes me sad. Iran is an awesome country with beautiful traditions, delicious food, great music, great architecture, and had one of the worlds most influential civilizations. I wish more people knew about and appreciated Persian culture. It influenced so much.

Borealis
12-08-2018, 10:30 PM
I see a lot of appreciation for Lebanon and Egypt, but hardly any for Iran, and that makes me sad. Iran is an awesome country with beautiful traditions, delicious food, great music, great architecture, and had one of the worlds most influential civilizations. I wish more people knew about and appreciated Persian culture. It influenced so much.

What is the best Persian food?

Borealis
12-08-2018, 10:34 PM
Syria probably. I have respect for those people that have withstood the enormous suffering and destruction over these last years.

Myanthropologies
12-08-2018, 10:38 PM
What is the best Persian food?

Koobideh kabob for sure. Often served with basmati rice and salad

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ7jU090lVVDsmDaMqYGnmDh5jj72_ 5EPgu3YCc86Ayxzsu8TOr
https://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/wPFDZbgUY_uHyiXrEFfqXw/348s.jpg

Babak
12-08-2018, 10:46 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ7jU090lVVDsmDaMqYGnmDh5jj72_ 5EPgu3YCc86Ayxzsu8TOr

Inb4 nab claims its arab

Borealis
12-08-2018, 10:46 PM

Getting hungry rn. How is different from other Middle Eastern food.

Myanthropologies
12-08-2018, 10:49 PM
Inb4 nab claims its arab

If nab claims its Arab, I will lose my mind lol. Arabs dont even have anything like koobideh at all. It's practically only eaten in Iran, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, and Armenia.

Myanthropologies
12-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Getting hungry rn. How is different from other Middle Eastern food.

It's different from other Middle Eastern food because it isnt just little chunks of kebabs on skewer, it's a whole long skewer of kebab and it is often lamb+beef meet. Sometimes it is chicken+lamb meat, too. It is so juicy and delicious.

Borealis
12-08-2018, 10:54 PM
It's different from other Middle Eastern food because it isnt just little chunks of kebabs on skewer, it's a whole long skewer of kebab and it is often lamb+beef meet. Sometimes it is chicken+lamb meat, too. It is so juicy and delicious.

How about Afghan cuisine, what's it like? Similar to Persian?

Myanthropologies
12-08-2018, 11:01 PM
How about Afghan cuisine, what's it like? Similar to Persian?

Very similar to Persian, just Afghans have a few dishes that are different such as Kabuli Palaw, Mantu, and Kadu, which come from Central Asia.

FinalFlash
12-08-2018, 11:05 PM
If nab claims its Arab, I will lose my mind lol. Arabs dont even have anything like koobideh at all. It's practically only eaten in Iran, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, and Armenia.

Our genetics aside, I find we have more cultural and linguistic similarities between Iranic groups than virtually any semitic speakers. Btw, our Georgian friends also eat Kabob, not that cheap shawarma shit called a "doner kebab".

zarzian
12-08-2018, 11:06 PM

And why should’nt it be on that list?? Have you even been to turkey? Don’t just blindly listen to torkish memebers here trying to talk like Turkey is not MENA etc, take it from someone who has been there, Turkey is 100% MENA.
https://goo.gl/images/b5a6NP

Myanthropologies
12-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Our genetics aside, I find we have more cultural and linguistic similarities between Iranic groups than virtually any semitic speakers. Btw, our Georgian friends also eat Kabob, not that cheap shawarma shit called a "doner kebab".

Armenian food and culture does have a lot of similarities with ours. I always go to this Armenian resturaunt near me, and their Lule kebab is so familiar! Same spices and everything Haha.

Myanthropologies
12-08-2018, 11:10 PM
And why should’nt it be on that list?? Have you even been to turkey? Don’t just blindly listen to torkish memebers here trying to talk like Turkey is not MENA etc, take it from someone who has been there, Turkey is 100% MENA.
https://goo.gl/images/b5a6NP

I dont think Turkey is 100% MENA at all. They are very removed from the MENA sphere and are something of their own. But they do share some cultural elements with Iranians, Arabs, and Afghans.

happycow
12-08-2018, 11:14 PM
I don't have a favorite.

zarzian
12-08-2018, 11:28 PM
I dont think Turkey is 100% MENA at all. They are very removed from the MENA sphere and are something of their own. But they do share some cultural elements with Iranians, Arabs, and Afghans.

Then you haven’t been to Turkey and are fooled by members here, Turkey is 10000% MENA in culture, traditions, religion etc. Infact Turks are more religious Islamists then Iranians on Average.

Eamr
12-08-2018, 11:35 PM
I like Georgian cuisine.

Phenix
12-08-2018, 11:53 PM
Lebanon.

Nazarene
12-09-2018, 12:10 AM
Iraq or die nigga

oszkar07
12-09-2018, 01:24 AM
Cyprus. The others are all hairy Arabs.

actually Turks and Iranians are not Arabs.

oszkar07
12-09-2018, 01:47 AM

Totally agree.
Its a generalisation but I wouldnt be suprise that a westerner will be treated better in Iran than Lebanon and Egypt.
I wouldnt mind to see Egypt for the Pyramids and Egyptology culture , I also believe Lebanon is a beautiful country but I have had personal experiences with Lebanese people ...both good and bad experiences, and I have found Persian people in general more hospitable and good hosts... Lebanese can be ok but from experience they can be very proud and easily stirred to anger /argumentative etc. Having said that I have some good Lebanese friends too lol , and definitly there are many beautiful Lebanese girls.
But yes I have had quite a bit to do with Persian culture due to personal connections and I agree its very rich and beautiful culture which probably lot of westerners just have the negative impressions of Persia from what they see on the news.
American Henry Rollins visited Iran recently and said that he would regard America as being more dangerous place to travel around compared to Iran. Eeven though USA is a first world country there is very high tendancy of gun violence,gang violence etc, people are accustomed to having a lot of freedom and feeling they have the right to excercise it anyway they want. Yes Iran has a crazy leadership Im not a fan of and very significant proportion of Iranians are not a fan of... but otherwise Iran is a beautiful place with very nice and interesting culture.

Smeagol
12-09-2018, 01:56 AM
Egypt.

AphroditeWorshiper
12-09-2018, 02:12 AM
I like Armenia and Georgia too but not sure they fit into Middle East spectrum , even Turkey and Cyprus are probably borderline Middle East.

maybe

if so... my favorite Middle eastern country it's Assyria! :p

Profileid
12-09-2018, 02:19 AM
What the fuck is there to like about Turkey?
It's a shithole populated by hairy crypto-arabs speaking an ugly central asian language while eating greek food

AphroditeWorshiper
12-09-2018, 02:28 AM
It's a shithole populated by hairy crypto-arabs speaking an ugly central asian language while eating greek food

https://i.imgur.com/gTCxF8E.png

Myanthropologies
12-09-2018, 03:22 AM

Actually, it is the Greeks who eat a lot of Turkish foods.

Myanthropologies
12-09-2018, 03:23 AM
Totally agree.
Its a generalisation but I wouldnt be suprise that a westerner will be treated better in Iran than Lebanon and Egypt.
I wouldnt mind to see Egypt for the Pyramids and Egyptology culture , I also believe Lebanon is a beautiful country but I have had personal experiences with Lebanese people ...both good and bad experiences, and I have found Persian people in general more hospitable and good hosts... Lebanese can be ok but from experience they can be very proud and easily stirred to anger /argumentative etc. Having said that I have some good Lebanese friends too lol , and definitly there are many beautiful Lebanese girls.
But yes I have had quite a bit to do with Persian culture due to personal connections and I agree its very rich and beautiful culture which probably lot of westerners just have the negative impressions of Persia from what they see on the news.
American Henry Rollins visited Iran recently and said that he would regard America as being more dangerous place to travel around compared to Iran. Eeven though USA is a first world country there is very high tendancy of gun violence,gang violence etc, people are accustomed to having a lot of freedom and feeling they have the right to excercise it anyway they want. Yes Iran has a crazy leadership Im not a fan of and very significant proportion of Iranians are not a fan of... but otherwise Iran is a beautiful place with very nice and interesting culture.

This is so true and most people don't realize this.

StonyArabia
12-09-2018, 04:25 AM
Jordan Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, UAE in general all the Peninsula region, Yemen, and the Arab parts of Iraq pretty much that's it.

StevenTylerAerosmith
12-09-2018, 04:27 AM
israel cuz the ladies there are stupid thick bro

Mingle
12-09-2018, 05:52 AM
Jordan Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, UAE in general all the Peninsula region, Yemen, and the Arab parts of Iraq pretty much that's it.

What do you think of Saudi Arabia's current government?

StonyArabia
12-09-2018, 06:18 AM
What do you think of Saudi Arabia's current government?

It's hot and cold situation. I think that MBS should not be the ruler as he is inexperienced and immature. I believe they had great kings like Fisal. King Fahad was ok and king Abdullah was to. I am not fan of the house of Saud on some things but they are pragmatic from an Arabian perspective they are our allies against Iranian hegemony.

Kamal900
12-09-2018, 06:43 AM

What about us Palis?

StonyArabia
12-09-2018, 08:03 AM
What about us Palis?

The best of the Levantines but they have a lot of Arab in them. Truly intelligent and resilient people one of my favorite.

Kamal900
12-09-2018, 08:05 AM
but they have a lot of Arab in them.

Don't see that as a problem..well, maybe for the likes of randomguy. We're proud to be Arabs.

StonyArabia
12-09-2018, 08:18 AM
Don't see that as a problem..well, maybe for the likes of randomguy. We're proud to be Arabs.

That guy was an Uncle Tom lol. He kept kissing not only European asses but Jewish ones. He always looked down on his darker kin quite sad.

♥ Lily ♥
12-09-2018, 08:31 AM
I don't like any of those nations, so none of them.

itilvolga
12-09-2018, 08:44 AM
I do not have any favourite ME country yet but i would like to visit Cyprus and Egypt

Kaspias
12-09-2018, 08:48 AM
I do not have any favourite ME country yet but i would like to visit Cyprus and Egypt

welcome back

Anglojew
12-09-2018, 10:50 AM
Obviously Israel

user_
12-09-2018, 01:32 PM
All of this countries are interesting to travel and explore, but if i have to choose, i'll choose Turkey, in particular Istanbul. One of the greatest cities of the world, have lot of memories. See you Istanbul very soon!

And yes, Oman. Country number one in Arab world i want to visit.

LoLeL
12-09-2018, 08:18 PM
Obviously Israel

Kiss my ass, bro :cool:

LoLeL
12-09-2018, 08:22 PM
I don't understand why people try to change the definition of a well-known geographical term?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR DEFINITION OF MIDDLE EAST. I compiled the poll options from several sources while some of you guys talks out of your asses as usual.

Khamzat
12-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Yemen and Iraq, had good experiences with people from both countries

Bogdan
12-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Turkey, Egypt.

renaissance12
12-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Egypt and Lebanon..... because there are still "christians" there..

https://www.giorgiameloni.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/cristiani.jpg
http://www.magzine.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tawadros.jpg

Copti in Egypt are the true heirs of ancient egyptians..

nittionia
12-11-2018, 02:53 PM
I want to visit one maybe next year but which country would be safest/nicest to me?

Thanas Django
12-11-2018, 03:05 PM
I want to visit one maybe next year but which country would be safest/nicest to me?

Cyprus, we are a European Christian nation in the European Union.

We also have a small minority of Muslims in the illegaly occupied part.

jackrussell
12-11-2018, 03:17 PM

All ex-Ottoman lands in Middle East is usually safe and nice .

Here is an American Vloger couples advice should you wish to visit Ottoman Capital Istanbul .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc_2ATBJBSw

jackrussell
12-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Definetely go to Cyprus too .

In fact you can fly to Cyprus the cheapest from Istanbul Airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vs9ICxaxcM

ModernMaskil
12-11-2018, 03:22 PM
Other than Israel I guess Lebanon and Palestine. I know they don't really like me back but I think Lebanon is just beautiful in many aspects and many Palestinians are my countrymen (Arab-Israelis, whether they like it or not) so that's a given.

Kamal900
12-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Other than Israel I guess Lebanon and Palestine. I know they don't really like me back but I think Lebanon is just beautiful in many aspects and many Palestinians are my countrymen (Arab-Israelis, whether they like it or not) so that's a given.

Check this thread out:
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?270572-Jewish-echoes-from-ancient-West-Arabia&p=5652938#post5652938

Thanas Django
12-11-2018, 06:39 PM
All ex-Ottoman lands in Middle East is usually safe and nice.

Definitely, don't miss visiting Sochi on the Black sea, a really beautiful Russian seaside city. :D

Armenian Bishop
12-11-2018, 06:42 PM

Agreed . . .

Thanas Django
12-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Definetely go to Cyprus too.

Remember to visit the E.U controlled territory of Cyprus where European law is enforced. The illegally occupied territory is filled with African gangs and international criminals who find refuge in the absence of law.

Georgia
12-11-2018, 06:43 PM

Yeah, advertise an occupied Greek town as part of the Middle East, I didnt expect anything better from shameless thieves like you.

Bosniensis
12-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Egypt and the beautiful Alexandria

http://atravelinfos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/171855pxfmghmhgh69frhd.jpg

Tauromachos
12-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Yeah, advertise an occupied Greek town as part of the Middle East, I didnt expect anything better from shameless thieves like you.

This is what they deserve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1iVY0ZzcJU

Tauromachos
12-11-2018, 06:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF2SUHw-cFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJSUYkkXSk

Papastratosels26
12-11-2018, 06:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vs9ICxaxcMThis

Georgia
12-11-2018, 06:55 PM
What "this", idiot?

Papastratosels26
12-11-2018, 06:59 PM
What "this", idiot?I agree with him.

Tauromachos
12-11-2018, 07:00 PM
What "this", idiot?

He is a troll and an ethnotraitor

Its obviuous,a real snake

This troll has to be exposed and not supported by any self respecting Greek no matter
what your notions on Greek anthropology are

You can critisize or disagree with me and Hellenas on many things but he is far more dangerous and cunning than Hellenas in my
opinion

Georgia
12-11-2018, 07:07 PM
He is a troll and an ethnotraitor

Its obviuous,a real snake

This troll has to be exposed and not supported by any self respecting Greek no matter
what your notions on Greek anthropology are

You can critisize or disagree with me and Hellenas on my things but he is far more dangerous and cunning than Hellenas in my
opinion

I am not that interested in anthropology, nor I care about the fights between Greek members, the whole thing is a disgrace for the greek threads in my opinion.

As for this Kaido user, I haven't decided yet if he is a troll or just very stupid.

Tauromachos
12-11-2018, 07:10 PM
I am not that interested in anthropology, nor I care about the fights between the Greek members, the whole thing is a disgrace for the greek threads in my opinion.

Well this is what i told you or explained you in my previous post
Ok perhabs i should have said you can disagree or simply not care

But this dude Kaido is a snake a real rat

As for this Kaido user, I haven't decided yet if he is a troll or just very stupid.

He is not stupid he knows exactly what he is doing

jackrussell
12-11-2018, 07:20 PM
He is not stupid he knows exactly what he is doing

Go and fetch me some dog shit ; I am gonna need it when tanning your hide .

Tell that donkey lover sheftali that he needs to give it up smooth or else .

:D

jackrussell
12-11-2018, 07:27 PM
What "this", idiot?

This is Kimmeria girl .

https://media.sketchfab.com/urls/1f67feb4a4474511a1ebfed6039f18e7/dist/thumbnails/d5aa49f1bafe4bba8023bbe4f21ecfcd/1024.jpeg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/277242/277242._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Tauromachos
12-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Go and fetch me some dog shit ;

Well here enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y24Pgkbf4y4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sffx-bH2lNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbRmRkZxYk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLz7YRCQBBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBS5oUcwBE0

jackrussell
12-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Well here enjoy
[/img]

You didn't have to pick it up with bare hands and you certainly didn't need to use it as a sunblock.

Why aren't you wearing the trousers I gave you ? Big boys will bugger you senseless if you don't wear your pants .

No , you can't ride the Horse yet ; she still doesn't like your smell.

Tauromachos
12-11-2018, 07:42 PM
You didn't have to pick it up with bare hands and you certainly didn't need to use it as a sunblock.

Why aren't you wearing the trousers I gave you ? Big boys will bugger you senseless if you don't wear your pants .

No , you can't ride the Horse yet ; she still doesn't like your smell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5f6VT-9lh8

jackrussell
12-11-2018, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kly48PheYE0

Tauromachos
12-11-2018, 07:54 PM
This is Kimmeria girl .

https://media.sketchfab.com/urls/1f67feb4a4474511a1ebfed6039f18e7/dist/thumbnails/d5aa49f1bafe4bba8023bbe4f21ecfcd/1024.jpeg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/277242/277242._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuP51H54t-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dGntyPRu-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEeacxGPUo

jackrussell
12-11-2018, 08:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu9U2q_EZGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfiJ1cJkE8c

Stefanos.tasidis
12-22-2018, 12:59 AM
CYPRUS !

wvwvw
12-22-2018, 03:03 AM
CYPRUS !

Cyprus is not middle eastern you dickhead. Not even the United States consider it middle eastern in its various reports.

Cyprus like Malta and all islands in the mediterannean have historically been considered european.
Cyprus physically does not share land borders with any Middle Eastern country.

• The structure of their country is European
• Their socio-economical imdicators are European
• They are Greek Orthodox, always been part of the Greek world, in Ancient, Byzantine and modern times always remained Greek.
• They speak Greek
• It is an advanced country
• It respects human rights and freedom of speech
And so forth and so on
• Is member of the European Union.

Can you point out a Middle Eastern country that fills the above criteria?

Ayetooey
12-22-2018, 03:05 AM
Sicily.

wvwvw
12-22-2018, 03:13 AM

Turkey is the epitomy of middle eastern. Only 3% of Turkey lies in Europe and even that part looks very Middle eastern. Syrians, Levantines, Arabs are West Asians too. I have noticed how you love to lick Turkish ass. Always defending them. Must be the mongoloid in you.

wvwvw
12-22-2018, 03:15 AM
actually Turks and Iranians are not Arabs.

Neither are the Lebanese, Egyptians, Berbers etc.

wvwvw
12-22-2018, 03:22 AM
Actually, it is the Greeks who eat a lot of Turkish foods.

Actually you are a moron. Everything in Greek cuisine, and I mean everything, precedes the turks.

Now go take a hike you Afghan shit.

wvwvw
12-22-2018, 03:25 AM
Sicily.

Smartass.

KMack
12-22-2018, 03:53 AM
Londonstan

Dick
12-22-2018, 03:54 AM
None

Stefanos.tasidis
12-22-2018, 03:56 AM
Cyprus is not middle eastern you dickhead. Not even the United States consider it middle eastern in its various reports.

Cyprus like Malta and all islands in the mediterannean have historically been considered european.
Cyprus physically does not share land borders with any Middle Eastern country.

• The structure of their country is European
• Their socio-economical imdicators are European
• They are Greek Orthodox, always been part of the Greek world, in Ancient, Byzantine and modern times always remained Greek.
• They speak Greek
• It is an advanced country
• It respects human rights and freedom of speech
And so forth and so on
• Is member of the European Union.

Can you point out a Middle Eastern country that fills the above criteria?

You need to learn how to speak to people.
Bye

wvwvw
12-22-2018, 03:58 AM
1 in 3 marriages in Turkey are child bride marriages.

Turkey's highest religious body suggests children as young as nine could marry under Islamic law.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-children-marry-age-nine-islamic-law-diyanet-government-chp-mp-investigation-muslim-a8142131.html

Polygamy is widespread. Enough said.
https://www.euractiv.com/section/social-europe-jobs/news/polygamy-widespread-in-turkey-study-shows/

Italian missionary martyred in Turkey
https://aleteia.org/2018/07/19/remembering-fr-andrea-santoro-italian-missionary-martyred-in-turkey/

lonewolfcypriot
12-22-2018, 03:59 AM
Remember to visit the E.U controlled territory of Cyprus where European law is enforced. The illegally occupied territory is filled with African gangs and international criminals who find refuge in the absence of law.

There are no African gangs in North Cyprus. What are you talking about?

Ice
12-22-2018, 04:20 AM
Greece & Lebanon

wvwvw
12-22-2018, 04:31 AM
Greece & Lebanon

You beat Lebanon in honor killings and child marriages for sure. In imprisoned journalists and cencorship of free speech too.

Not surprising considering honor killings in Turkey go unpunished.

Turkey acquits 2 brothers over sister's killing in Germany
By Associated Press
30 May 2017

ISTANBUL (AP) - A Turkish court on Tuesday acquitted two Turkish men who were charged with aiding and abetting their younger brother in the 2005 shooting death of their sister in Germany.

Hatun Surucu, a 23-year-old divorced mother, was killed by three shots to the head in Berlin by her youngest brother in what prosecutors described as an "honor killing" meant to punish her for her Western lifestyle.

The shooter, her 20-year-old brother, was sentenced to 9 years and 3 months in prison in April 2006. Her two older brothers, Alpaslan and Mutlu Surucu, were acquitted due to lack of evidence.

A German court annulled the acquittals in 2007 but by that time the men had left for Turkey. Turkey, which does not extradite its citizens, agreed to put the brothers on trial in the country.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-4555748/Turkey-acquits-2-brothers-sisters-killing-Germany.html

wvwvw
12-22-2018, 04:46 AM

Even Turkish Cypriots most widely circulated newspaper is called Afrika

”Afrika is a daily newspaper published in Northern Cyprus.”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afrika_(newspaper)

Daco Celtic
12-22-2018, 04:48 AM
Lebanon. I love the food.

Mortimer
12-22-2018, 04:50 AM
I find all of them interesting. But I was in none of them, but would travell all of them. I cant pick just one.

Rocky
12-22-2018, 04:58 AM
I would have to say Turkey, Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon. I've been to 3 out of the 4 listed (Lebanon I haven't gone yet). They're wonderful in my opinion. Really full of culture, different people, cuisine, art, etc. I do as well have relatives in Palestine and Jordan as well, and having that perk also gives me an insight on some non tourist things, such as lounges, special markets hidden from the mainstream attractions, etc. I would highly suggest visiting Jordan especially (really the only stable country in the Levant, with Lebanon in second).

Seya
12-22-2018, 08:12 AM
Turkey is the epitomy of middle eastern. Only 3% of Turkey lies in Europe and even that part looks very Middle eastern. Syrians, Levantines, Arabs are West Asians too. I have noticed how you love to lick Turkish ass. Always defending them. Must be the mongoloid in you.

Yes bitch, It must be my spoiled blood...

Robocop
12-22-2018, 10:20 AM
Yes bitch, It mist be my spoiled blood...

You dont have any spoiled blood..What a Hell they talk about.

Dont get upset :)

Senpai
12-22-2018, 10:22 AM
By far, Iran.

Robocop
12-22-2018, 10:22 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/f3c7588e1e7c3bdcba2890f1dac58bd0/tenor.gif?itemid=5724103

Ayetooey
12-22-2018, 04:45 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/f3c7588e1e7c3bdcba2890f1dac58bd0/tenor.gif?itemid=5724103
Robojew.

Stefanos.tasidis
12-22-2018, 06:20 PM
Actually you are a moron. Everything in Greek cuisine, and I mean everything, precedes the turks.

Now go take a hike you Afghan shit.

you could have said that without calling the person a "shit"
and we would agree with you.
I am Greek and yes Turks arrived in the area later and took much of the culture that preexisted them.
1. You are obsessive-compulsive (relax a bit)
2. You refer to people with derogatory expressions.

Anyways. Bye

Asheffar
12-22-2018, 06:23 PM
Egypt and iraq

amoora
12-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Lebanon and Syria, but I'm biased. I've only been to a few of the countries on the list.

Asheffar
12-22-2018, 06:29 PM
You beat Lebanon in honor killings and child marriages for sure. In imprisoned journalists and cencorship of free speech too.

Not surprising considering honor killings in Turkey go unpunished.

Turkey acquits 2 brothers over sister's killing in Germany
By Associated Press
30 May 2017

ISTANBUL (AP) - A Turkish court on Tuesday acquitted two Turkish men who were charged with aiding and abetting their younger brother in the 2005 shooting death of their sister in Germany.

Hatun Surucu, a 23-year-old divorced mother, was killed by three shots to the head in Berlin by her youngest brother in what prosecutors described as an "honor killing" meant to punish her for her Western lifestyle.

The shooter, her 20-year-old brother, was sentenced to 9 years and 3 months in prison in April 2006. Her two older brothers, Alpaslan and Mutlu Surucu, were acquitted due to lack of evidence.

A German court annulled the acquittals in 2007 but by that time the men had left for Turkey. Turkey, which does not extradite its citizens, agreed to put the brothers on trial in the country.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-4555748/Turkey-acquits-2-brothers-sisters-killing-Germany.html
Wish i knew earlier about stuff like this lmao

Dacul
12-22-2018, 06:41 PM
Cyprus is not in the Middle East, but in Southern Europe.
Turkey is rather in SE Europe, also.

LoLeL
12-22-2018, 07:13 PM

As if your very personal opinion can change anything (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East)...

wvwvw
12-22-2018, 07:54 PM
As if your very personal opinion can change anything (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East)...

Since you love Crapipedia so much, in this link Cyprus is not listed among middle eastern countries, but Turkey is.

List of Middle Eastern countries

1 Egypt
2 Iran
3 Turkey
4 Iraq
5 Saudi Arabia
6 Yemen
7 Syria
8 Jordan
9 United Arab Emirates
10 Israel
11 Lebanon
12 Oman
13 Kuwait
14 Qatar
15 Bahrain

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Middle_Eastern_countries_by_population

Cyprus is in EU, Turkey is not and for good reason.

Cyprus has never been under middle eastern rule, whereas the middle east has been under Greek Cypriots and Greek rule in general for millenia.

Either you like it or not Cyprus like Malta, is not considered Middle eastern. It is a mediterannean island sharing no physical borders with the middle east.

Astarte
12-22-2018, 07:57 PM

Eeeeerm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East

Astarte
12-22-2018, 08:03 PM
Raine is triggered :P

Qamari
12-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Oman, Jordan & Lebanon

Qamari
12-22-2018, 08:17 PM
But as regards architecture, culture, and civilization, Iran, Iraq & Syria are my favourites !

Dacul
12-22-2018, 08:35 PM
I like Qatar and Dubai, besides Cyprus and also 4th, I guess is Turkey.
Did not visit any of these.
Liban seems awesome country also.

Marmara
12-22-2018, 08:42 PM
Wish i knew earlier about stuff like this lmao

It wouldn't make a difference because:

Honor Killing is committed by Kurds, and it's punished, in fact whole families go to prison in such incident.

And they count 50-60 years old women who married when they were 15 with a 20 years old guy a victim of child marriage.

Thanas Django
12-23-2018, 10:11 AM

The occupied part of Cyprus is overwhelmed with Muslim SSA Africans who are imported in order to bolster the amount of Muslims in the island as foreign students.

They are often involved in gang fights with Turkish Cypriots and illegal settlers, and sometimes you get lucky enough to have it published.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/02/02/turkish-cypriot-murder-suspect-republic/

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-25-2018, 07:08 PM
Jordan. Petra is simply awesome and country is stable plus i am a monarchist

Smaug
12-25-2018, 07:13 PM
Lebanon. My girlfriend’s family is from there and they are one of the most civilized and less muslim Arab countries.

KMack
12-25-2018, 08:31 PM
Whoever has best kebab and women gets my vote.

Swarthy_Syndicate
03-11-2021, 10:34 PM
WDYM "favorite"? Like am I supposed to visit each of these Muslim countries and decide which is the most comforting/welcoming? Lol

Alexandro
03-11-2021, 11:58 PM
Turquía.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK2rmLE7mFw&ab_channel=Scatha

Westbrook
03-12-2021, 01:08 AM
About the only ones I imagine feeling safe to visit would be Kuwait and UAE
To be honest, least unfavourite is better, but some have good cuisine and ancient sites and there's good to be found everywhere. As for Iran, I certainly don't like their theocratic dictatorship, but they have a rich history nonetheless.

Not the safest country neither, especially for a woman. Westerners have a romantic image of Iran thinking Persians are more civilised than Arabs, but it's not necessarily true.

[video=youtube;XnUDO1jDfnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnUDO1jDfnQ[video]

I'm also sure that without Islam it'd be a better place.

Robocop
03-13-2021, 06:16 AM
Israel.

So by default all other Middle-East countries are not exactly somethin I would find attractive in any way what so ever.

reboun
03-13-2021, 07:44 AM
Turkey, for sure.

placebo
03-13-2021, 08:22 AM
i hate middle east concept so so so much

fuck the world, turkey is not middle east.

Altaylı
03-13-2021, 09:05 AM
Turkey and Iran are the best countries in the middle east

Kivan
03-13-2021, 09:15 AM
Curiously OP excludes countries like Armenia, Georgia or Azerbaijan but at same time includes Turkey. :rolleyes:

"Middle-East" is just a geopolitical term, it has nothing necessarily to do with culture and/or race.
We are not related to Africans and Arabs neither in culture (except religion if you consider it) or genetics.

placebo
03-13-2021, 09:20 AM
Curiously OP excludes countries like Armenia, Georgia or Azerbaijan but at same time includes Turkey. :rolleyes:

"Middle-East" is just a geopolitical term, it has nothing necessarily to do with culture and/or race.
We are not related to Africans and Arabs neither in culture (except religion if you consider it) or genetics.

actually i have no problem with the middle east. also iranians are not related to arabs but also they're in middle east. my problem is what makes turkey is middle eastern country but azerbaijan, armenia and georgia are not.

edit: yeni gördüm sen de benim bahsettiğim şeyden bahsetmişsin.

Teutone
03-13-2021, 09:20 AM
I got sympathies for all of them, I like Turkey more after I start to learn about Erdogan.

My favorite culturally and politically is Iran tho.

Dušan
03-13-2021, 09:36 AM
Cyprus.

happycow
03-13-2021, 09:42 AM
Iran.

Kyp
03-13-2021, 09:48 AM
Voted Iran & Turkey

Kivan
03-13-2021, 10:01 AM
actually i have no problem with the middle east. also iranians are not related to arabs but also they're in middle east. my problem is what makes turkey is middle eastern country but azerbaijan, armenia and georgia are not.

Bu yüzden postumu düzenledim.

Orta Dogulularla sorunum yok ama Türklerden hoslanmayan bazi Avrupalilarin bizi onlarla es tutmasindan hoslanmiyorum, genelde ofansif oldugunu düsündükleri için bunu yapiyorlar. Ayrica buradaki bazi Orta Dogulular da kendilerini Bati'ya yaklastirmak için bizi kendileriyle ayni kefeye koyuyorlar.

Neyse, buradakilerin ne söyledigi çok da önemli degil.

Kyp
03-13-2021, 10:04 AM

because these countries are normally associated with the Soviet Union in the west, while Turkey is with the Ottoman Empire.

placebo
03-13-2021, 10:08 AM
because these countries are normally associated with the Soviet Union in the west, while Turkey is with the Ottoman Empire.

Iran? They’re nothing to do with Ottoman Empire. Middle East terim is totally bullshit to me. I prefer West Asian.

Hektor12
03-13-2021, 07:33 PM
Until World War II, it was customary to refer to areas centered around Turkey and the eastern shore of the Mediterranean as the "Near East", while the "Far East" centered on China,[16] and the Middle East then meant the area from Mesopotamia to Burma, namely the area between the Near East and the Far East.

The description Middle has also led to some confusion over changing definitions. Before the First World War, "Near East" was used in English to refer to the Balkans and the Ottoman Empire, while "Middle East" referred to Iran, the Caucasus, Afghanistan, Central Asia, and Turkestan. In contrast, "Far East" referred to the countries of East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, Korea, etc.)

Samnium
03-13-2021, 07:35 PM
Lebanon or Syria, for their outstanding culture, great people... Lebanon used to be managed by France and there are still strong relationship between the two countries.

I would add Iran too. Though I dislike the current islamic state.

Aldaris
03-13-2021, 07:39 PM
None of them. Some less than others though.

travv
03-14-2021, 06:32 AM
Come to the forum, insult the Europeans for nothing and ask to ban them just because you do not like their opinion, this is not the European mentality. This is Middle Eastern behavior. The fact that you listen to European music or post funny videos or pictures here does not make you a European.

https://i.imgur.com/ct6SnT6.png

Zeno
03-15-2021, 02:13 PM
None, but I'd make a concession for Lebanon.

Felipe Jansen
03-15-2021, 02:22 PM
Iran ofc

Dimitri159
03-15-2021, 07:39 PM
I chose Cyprus and Lebanon. If Armenia was included in the list I would also have chosen Armenia.

Hasien
03-15-2021, 07:47 PM
Israel, I need to visit the country some day In my life before I die.

Jaromir
03-15-2021, 08:23 PM
Germany, Mesuts and Fatmas can confirm

Abdelnour
03-15-2021, 09:43 PM
Lebanon and Egypt

Arūnas
08-22-2021, 01:27 PM
Oh man! and Yea man!

Flub
11-20-2021, 08:14 PM
Oman tbh.

Mencius
12-13-2021, 09:42 AM
Besides Lebanon? Probably Iran. Persian is a beautiful language with a top-tier literary tradition and the country looks goregeous; I'd really like to visit its Caspian Sea coast.

Pater Patota
12-13-2021, 09:58 AM
Definitely Lebanon and Cyprus(actually it’s in Europe).

Reozek
12-13-2021, 10:11 AM
Iran

Nurzat
12-13-2021, 10:41 AM
I am a Greater Persia enthusiast so I say Iran (Tajikistan gets an honorable mention)

Mejgusu
12-13-2021, 11:28 AM
Turkey, Iran, Egypt and Lebanon. Theoretically many countries are nice there but I think regarding culture, history and cuisine this countries are the most preferable.

Catarinense1998
12-13-2021, 12:17 PM
Iran and it's not even close. Iran/Persia has always been a power house in the region since ancient times: they gave the romans an greeks a good headache; they were not conquered by the ottoman turks; and they were not colonized by an european country, even though they were heavily influenced by the british-russian influence in the XIX century. Also I'd rather follow shia islam than sunni, and I like the fact that Iran is not just a western allied like Japan, South Korea and Saudi Arabia, Iran follows it's own path.

KirillMazur
12-13-2021, 12:25 PM
Iran - culturally, historically, geopolitically and phenotypically.

In addition, Iran has a great historical mission (metaphysical anti-Israel).

Mortimer
12-13-2021, 12:41 PM
I never visited any of them but some relatives were in turkey and they didn't complained also it seems the most familiar from my experience

bvnny
12-13-2021, 12:59 PM
Iran

Annie999
12-13-2021, 01:15 PM
Lebanon. My grandpa was raised by his (Christian) Lebanese father and passed to me the love for the country.

renaissance12
12-13-2021, 01:47 PM
Lebanon

Mont
02-16-2022, 09:55 AM
Israel, for.... obvious reasons.

gixajo
02-16-2022, 10:33 AM
Lebanon&Israel

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
02-16-2022, 10:36 AM
1991 Iran is my fav.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfmvZmx9kU

Hulu
02-16-2022, 02:42 PM
I have many favorites. It's a shame that religion and political turmoil stunts the potential growth for many countries with a lot of potential who had great achievements at various points in history. In no order, Iran, Israel, Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia, Syria. Let's hope a more peaceful era comes along.

Ylla
02-18-2022, 07:33 AM
Egypt, always:love0033:

RogueState
02-18-2022, 03:04 PM
All of them, except Gulf countries, which are fake sellout countries without any soul... I find Dubai has no soul and I enjoy rather taking a coffee & smoking a shisha in the old town of Damascus or Beyrouth than drinking a Starbuck coffee in a shopping mall of Dubai...

Jana
02-18-2022, 03:07 PM
Yemen is fascinating, too bad it's dangerous and war torn country. I find old Yemeni cities and towns incredible both in architecture and vibe.

Nurzat
02-18-2022, 03:15 PM
1. Iran
2. Turkey
3. Lebanon

Kasra2099
05-18-2022, 01:50 AM
Iran lol

Urbanuss
05-18-2022, 02:37 AM
None

I hate all

wvwvw
05-18-2022, 03:06 AM
EGYPT

Odelia
08-20-2022, 08:45 AM
Israel by far. If Lebanon wasn't so antisemitic and anti Israel (some lebs can be full on Jew/israeli haters), I would've chosen Lebanon as it's pretty liberal for middle eastern standards and did I mention how hot her men are.