PDA

View Full Version : Any Holidays Planned This Year?

Treffie
03-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Ok, I've narrowed my list for a week's break this summer, I think it's going to be Canada (again). Not sure where exactly, it could be St John's, Halifax, Winnipeg or Edmonton. Sorry Aemms, I won't be gracing Ottawa this year!:mad:

Anyone else planning or planned a holiday this year?

Absinthe
03-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I am thinking of planning a spring trip to Latvia, Estonia and Finland. :)

Vargtand
03-06-2009, 12:55 PM
well I'll be going down to the netherlands during easter if I can pass my tests :P

Tolleson
03-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Ok, I've narrowed my list for a week's break this summer, I think it's going to be Canada (again). Not sure where exactly, it could be St John's, Halifax, Winnipeg or Edmonton. Sorry Aemms, I won't be gracing Ottawa this year!:mad:

Anyone else planning or planned a holiday this year?

And I had the pancake griddle taken out for you to wash and everything.:(

Maybe Aemma will wa........... scratch that.:dev

Addergebroed
03-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Do festivals count?
http://rockwerchter.be/en/lineup/index.aspx

Brynhild
03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
A snow trip may be on the agenda for my family and I. Either in our Snowy Mountains or NZs South Island.

Fortis in Arduis
03-07-2009, 02:03 AM
I am thinking about a spell in New Zealand after the summer is over in blighty. :D

I think that I would head for Auckland or Christchurch.

It would be for work of some sort. My plans are fluid and I am just not sure what to do.

SwordoftheVistula
03-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I have spring break the week of the 17th. I'm thinking of going to Europe somewhere, since flights are cheap and the dollar is strong thanks to the economic turmoil

Fortis in Arduis
03-07-2009, 10:20 AM
I have spring break the week of the 17th. I'm thinking of going to Europe somewhere, since flights are cheap and the dollar is strong thanks to the economic turmoil

I am actually thinking about taking a break in Minsk, Belarus, when I get back.

I cannot, however, go alone to Belarus. Anyone want to join me?

I think that Osiwu would like enjoy a fast weekend in Minsk... :D

SwordoftheVistula
03-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I cannot, however, go alone to Belarus. Anyone want to join me?

If it's the week of the 17th, I'm down. I can even make myself a shirt, "I went to Ireland on St. Patty's Day...to change planes for Belarus"

Fortis in Arduis
03-07-2009, 10:54 AM
If it's the week of the 17th, I'm down. I can even make myself a shirt, "I went to Ireland on St. Patty's Day...to change planes for Belarus"

It has, apparently, a certain time-warp appeal.

I would expect it to be very flashy in parts and worth packing the Dolce and Gabbana and getting into sort futuristic revival mood for and there will be a few places where the food is really good.

There is a full range of hotels from $20 to the very luxurious. I am looking for a budget stay.

I will probably select a hotel for good vaasthu.

I think that Minsk has poor vaasthu generally with the mitigating factor of an open space of water in the North-East.

Actually there are central apartments which are a good price when shared.

Just think of the mischief! :lightbul:

However, I am sorry to say that I will remain in India until the 15th of May. I really needed a proper break from my whole life, so I am determined to stick it out here. I just got a mobile internet connection so it is not all bad... here on the health resort... :( :)

Absinthe
03-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I think Oswiu wants to go to Misnk! :) Also a friend of mine from Greece does. Around late May or so, after he attends a wedding in Lithuania.

Fortis in Arduis
03-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I think Oswiu wants to go to Misnk! :) Also a friend of mine from Greece does. Around late May or so, after he attends a wedding in Lithuania.

We could go self-catering for a week, Wednesday to Wednesday perhaps? :lightbul:

Could you come along too? :)

It will have to be after 15th May, but I am free.......

Absinthe
03-07-2009, 01:54 PM
That's about the time I plan on being in the baltic region. If not too costly, I maybe able to arrange a detour. :)

Lady L
05-12-2009, 07:51 PM
We will be going here (http://www.beachsideresorthotel.com/index.htm) in July :D I can't wait!!! Gulf Shores, Al btw. :) You can view the virtual tour. :) :)

Loyalist
05-12-2009, 08:17 PM
None this year, unfortunately; with school, as well as last year's trip, I've exceeded my spending limit. Next year is a possibility, and in that case it will be either Germany/Switzerland or Scandinavia. :thumb001:

Brynhild
05-12-2009, 09:09 PM
A snow trip may be on the agenda for my family and I. Either in our Snowy Mountains or NZs South Island.

Definitely New Zealand's south island. I booked for us to go at the end of August. Can't wait!

Sarmata
05-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Maybe finally in August I will move my ass over 500 km north to Wolin, on "Slavs and Vikings festival" (http://news.poland.com/result/news/id/786)

Osweo
05-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Norge, this year!

Hiking, sight-seeing and fishing with two Russian friends. (Well, one's Estonian/Hutsul, but you get the idea).

Oslo, then Flam to Andalsnes. :D

Inese
05-13-2009, 12:22 PM
In summer we want to travel home to Latvia to visit friends and family!! I hope we can have two weeks but when it comes bad we have only 1 week there.

Tabiti
05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
In August I may travel to Hungary for few days...
There will be probably some excursions here, but not planned yet. In fact, I have practise for professional qualification till the mid of August, so I really havo no idea how to plan my summer from now.

HawkR
05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Norge, this year!

Hiking, sight-seeing and fishing with two Russian friends. (Well, one's Estonian/Hutsul, but you get the idea).

Oslo, then Flam to Andalsnes. :D

Get yer ass to Haugesund and I'll meet you there mate:)

I for my sake, are going to my uncle's farm and go hiking ass much as possible, with about 40kilo's off stuff in my back pack and a rifle, why? prepering for the army;)

Beorn
05-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Ceallach saved the holiday tokens that the Sun newspaper was giving away, and booked us a two week break for the family near Cheddar Gorge.

Not bad for £40+.

We'll be going to that in the September period I believe.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Jeg skal til Norge om sommeren. (God I hope I wrote it the right way). Me and a friend will be visiting the Bergen area and travel south following the Atlantic Coast. So mainly Vestlandet and perhaps a bit of Sørlandet.

Since my girlfriend will visit the Netherlands in september I don't have to save up for a trip to Texas just yet.

Thorum
05-13-2009, 01:49 PM
My wife is going "home" to Blagoveschensk (Amur region) for 2 or 3 months with our 2 daughters. Their first time meeting their grandparents and great-grandparents. I hope they pick up a little more Russian language...

Blagoveschensk (http://www.sras.org/blagoveschensk)

Before that we all will be going to the Annual American Scandinavian Association (http://scandinavian-dc.org/Meet-1.htm) / VASA Order Midsummer picnic:

June 14, 2009

Bring garlands of greens at 2:30 PM, put a wreath of flowers on your head, help decorate the Maypole. Children's Games at 3:00 PM. Help raise the Maypole at 3:50 PM. At 4:00 PM, join in the ring dances and games and celebrate Midsommar, St. Hans, Sankte Hans and Juhannus Jt with live music!

http://scandinavian-dc.org/maypole2006.jpg
8th ANNUAL JOINT Midsommar/Juhannus
Celebration
hosted by
ASA, Drott Lodge,
FFNCC, and SWEA
Featuring the Children's Games,
the Swedish Maypole & Dances,
Accordion Music by Dragspel
and the Washington Revels
Sunday at 3 PM
Ft. Hunt Park, Virginia
For the picnic:
] Bring (a) main dish & salad or (b) main
dish and dessert. Be generous.
] Soft drinks, tap beer, coffee, cups, paper
plates, and plasticware will be supplied.
] For your comfort bring your lawnchairs
or a picnic blanket.
] There are games and prizes for the
children at 3:00 PM.

^ That is me with white shirt and Nadia in pink clothes (2nd and 3rd from left on bottom of photo) from a previous celebration. :thumbs up

Maybe I can convince Gooding to meet us there.......

Vargtand
05-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Nope nothing planned.

Fortis in Arduis
05-14-2009, 12:46 AM
I am now attending a wedding in Belarus and then going on to Moscow via Riga, so yes, dreams do come true... Maybe this ties in with Absinthe's plans.

Inese
05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
I am now attending a wedding in Belarus and then going on to Moscow via Riga
Noooo!!! :phttp://www.sra.at/thumbnails/av__ttc__75__4427.jpg.300.0.jpg :D :D :D

May be we have a other holiday this year my dad said he want to drive to a weekend visit to Zürich and Vierwaldstäter see for wind surfing!! That is in Switzerland. :clap:clap I hope it works!! My dad learned wind surfing at Baltic coast you know. I cant surf but it is nice to watch and i can visit the beach bar and the city.

Skandi
05-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm off to Orkney in June for a week,a dn I'm heading down to Hampshire the week before to catch up with some friends and attend a midsummer blot with the OR.